剧集 | 法律与秩序真实重案:梅内德斯兄弟(2017) | 导航列表
那也只能用作驳回莱尔的证词
it should just be to rebut Lyle's testimony.
康恩先生
Mr. Conn?
很好
Very well, then.
录音带只能在梅内德斯先生于庭审作证时
The tapes can only be admitted as rebuttal evidence
作为抗辩证据使用
in the event that Mr. Menendez testifies at trial.
进展不错
Good going.
不一定吧 我没觉得我们哪里赢了
I don't know, I'm not actually sure we won anything.
-无罪 -无罪
- Not guilty. - Not guilty!
没门
No way.
他居然逃脱了
He got away with it!
-无罪 -无罪
- Not guilty. - Not guilty.
简直难以置信
That's unbelievable.
-辛普森案 -什么
- O.J. - What?
我真不敢相信
I can't believe this.
-这是真的吗 -是的
- Is this for real? - Yes.
虚张声势起作用了
The bluff worked.
如果艾布拉森让莱尔为自己辩护
If Abramson puts Lyle on the stand,
这个自大的女人
she runs the risk
就要冒着被录音带内容打脸的风险
of having those tapes blow up in her smug face.
这简直是场灾难
This is a disaster.
麦克马丁案 罗德尼·金案
McMartin, Rodney King,
现在辛普森案又是这样
and now O. J.?
这间办公室就是个笑话
This office is a laughing stock.
我们需要赢一场 大卫
We need a win, David.
输赢有时还要看韦斯伯格
Well, some of that's up to Weisberg.
辛普森案的判决就是
The O.J. verdict is a direct answer
对罗德尼·金案无罪判决的直接回应
to the Rodney King acquittals,
就是那个韦斯伯格搞砸的案子
the case Weisberg fumbled.
O·J·辛普森被宣告无罪
难道他们不该告诉我们诺尔玛录音带的内容吗
Don't they have to tell us what's on Norma's tapes?
除非庭审用到 否则不会的
Only if they use them in trial.
而是否使用 是在你作证之后决定的
And they don't have to decide until after you testify.
我不知道 我...
I don't know, I...
对那些事情作证
testifying about all that stuff--
说我父母的事 第一次时就很难
about my dad and mom--it was hard enough the first time.
说实话 让你为自己辩护是有风险的
Frankly, it's risky to put you on the stand.
一旦犯错 不论你犯的错有多小
You make any mistake, no matter how small,
他们就会请出那些录音带
they're gonna drag out those tapes.
就算是你对黄毛衣的评论
Even your comment about the yellow sweater
都足够让陪审团反对你对你不利
could be enough to turn the jury against you.
所以你觉得他不应该去作证吗
So, you don't think he should testify?
对 我觉得不该去
No, no, I don't.
那么陪审团就不能从莱尔口中听到虐待的事
So, the jury won't hear from Lyle about the abuse?
那么就要靠你来讲这个故事了 埃里克
So, it'll be up to you, Erik, to tell the story.
我知道你做得到
And I know you can do it.
我做得到
I can do it.
很好 我会在你的身边陪着你
Good. I will be right there with you.
我希望他能胜任
I hope he's up to it.
我只希望这就足够了
I just hope it's enough.
我们有家人的证词
We got the family's testimony,
有关心理虐待的证词
the testimony about the psychological abuse--
别再提醒我韦斯伯格逼得我们有多惨了
Quit reminding us how much Weisberg has screwed us.
这还没完呢
It's not about to end.
你看过报道辛普森案判决的专栏吗
Did you see this op-ed about the O. J. verdict?
它把话题又引回了罗德尼·金案
It draws a straight line right back to Rodney King
和韦斯伯格的身上
and Weisberg.
我敢肯定
Dollars to donuts,
是贾西提在背后使坏
Garcetti's behind it.
凡奈斯法♥院♥
1995年10月11日
各位
Everyone.
这是安娜 莱尔的未婚妻
This is Anna, Lyle's fiancée.
能见到大家真是太高兴了
I'm so happy to meet you all.
莱尔告诉过我你们对他有多重要
Lyle's told me how much you mean to him.
你真是跟莱尔说的一样漂亮
You're just as pretty as Lyle said you were.
谢谢
Thank you.
全体起立
All rise.
请坐
Be seated.
早上好
Good morning.
请陪审团入席
Bring in the jury.
开始了
Here we go.
我们以为我们的父母会出来杀了我们
We thought our parents were gonna come out and kill us.
所以我们走过走廊
So, we went down the hallway...
打开了门
Uh, we opened the doors.
他们正站在那儿
They were standing and...
然后我们冲他们开了枪
and we shot them.
梅内德斯先生 在过去的几周里
Mr. Menendez, after all the abuse
你向我们描述了所受到的虐待
that you described over these last weeks,
那么你是否觉得杀死父母是合乎情理的事
do you feel you were justified in killing your parents?
我不觉得
I was not.
你杀死他们时心有恐惧吗
Were you in fear when you killed them?
有
Yes.
你为什么杀死他们
Why did you kill them?
因为我觉得他们要杀了我
Because I thought they were gonna kill me.
那么你为什么不觉得
Why, then, don't you think
杀死他们是合乎情理的事
you were justified in killing them?
因为...
Because...
因为他们是我的父母
because they were my parents.
那间房♥里没有抢
There were no guns in that room.
我现在意识到了
And I realize that now,
我的行为是个可怕的误会
that it was a horrible mistake.
法官阁下 我们反对辩方使用
Your Honor, we object the defense's use
防卫过当做抗辩理由
of imperfect self-defense.
这不适用于本案
It does not apply in this case.
我也是这么想的
I was wondering the same thing.
法官阁下 这跟初审是同一件案子
Your Honor, this is the same case as the first trial,
当时您认同防卫过当的
when you allowed imperfect self-defense.
现在案子给了陪审团
Now, that the case is going to the jury,
可不是重新考虑的时候
is not the time to reconsider.
我是想说 防卫过当要求被告人
I wanna talk about the requirement that the defendant
必须认为对其的致命威胁是十分危急的
must believe that lethal threat to him is imminent.
要求确实如此
Yes, that's the requirement.
威胁导致致命武器的使用
Precipitate the use of deadly force.
威胁是否迫近 不是由被告人
Well, it's not for the defendant to decide
来决定的
what imminent means.
法官阁下 防卫过当允许
Your Honor, imperfect self-defense allows
被告人不理智地认为
for the defendant's unreasonable belief
致命威胁是危急的
that the lethal threat is imminent.
我认为没有确凿证据
I don't think there's substantial evidence
证明迫近危险的存在 从而引导陪审团
of imminent danger to justify instructing the jury
做出防卫过当的判断
on imperfect self-defense.
法官阁下 整个案子我们都是基于此辩护的
You-- your Honor, we have built our entire case on this.
陪审团过去四个月
The jury has heard us build up to this
都在听我们说防卫过当的事
for the last four months.
被告所说
What the defendant said
并没有构成迫近危险
does not constitute imminent danger.
那么法庭的意思是
So, the court is saying that the belief that at any second,
如果一个人认为会有人在任何时间
people could come out of a room,
冲出屋子开枪射击他
guns blazing, and shoot you
这并不属于对迫近危险的恐惧是吗
is not fear of imminent danger?
法庭是这个意思吗
Is that what the court is saying?
那不能算是适用于
For the application of imperfect self-defense,
防卫过当辩护的迫近危险
that is not imminent danger.
现在 我们继续
Now, let's move on.
不行 法官阁下 我们不能
No, Your Honor, we can't--
艾布拉森律师 我不想再听你多说什么了
Ms. Abramson, I do not wanna hear more from you on this.
继续
Moving on.
好的 我会准备最后说明
Okay, I will prepare the final instructions
读给陪审团听
and read them to the jury accordingly.
愤怒
愤怒
我们陪审团认为约瑟夫·莱尔·梅内德斯
We, the jury, find Joseph Lyle Menendez
因谋杀何塞·梅内德斯
剧集 | 法律与秩序真实重案:梅内德斯兄弟(2017) | 导航列表