剧集 | 法律与秩序真实重案:梅内德斯兄弟(2017) | 导航列表
I think the three of us will make a really good team.
莱斯丽 我不能再上庭了
Leslie, I can't do another trial.
我知道 是 会很难
I know. Yes, it's gonna be very hard.
不 我是说我不干了
No, I mean, I'm not doing another trial.
你说什么 你不能那样对莱尔
What are you talking about? You can't do that to Lyle.
对不起 那样不公平
I'm sorry. That wasn't fair.
过去四年里 我女儿变化很大
My daughter has changed so much in the last four years,
我觉得我错过了很多
and I feel like I've missed it all.
我不知道你是如何处理亲子关系的
I don't know how you manage it with your baby,
但你做到了
but you do.
你不一样 跟我们都不一样
You're different. You're not like the rest of us.
别放烟雾弹了 你知道我讨厌听人这样讲话
Don't blow smoke, please. You know I hate that.
好 我明白
Okay, I get it.
我真的很关心你 莱尔
I have grown to truly care about you, Lyle,
但我也得关心我的家人
but I have to take care of my family, too.
没关系 吉莉
That's okay, Jilly.
我想让你见见我的一个朋友
There's a friend of mine I'd like you to meet.
他叫查尔斯·盖斯勒
His name is Charles Gessler.
他是一位有名的公设辩护律师
He's very respected as a public defender,
是死刑案方面的专家
and he's an expert in death penalty cases.
好的 我会和他谈谈
Sure. I'll talk to him.
真的很感谢你对我这么宽容 莱尔
I really appreciate you making this easy on me, Lyle.
你很久没陪家人了
You spent so much time away from family.
家人就是一切
Family is everything.
凡奈斯法♥院♥
1994年5月15日
我是上周才被任命的
I was only appointed last week.
至少需要八个月来做充分准备
It'll take at least eight months to properly prepare.
我请求1995年1月开始新一轮审讯
I request that a new trial date be set for January, 1995.
太拖延了 法官阁下
Foot-dragging, Your Honor.
我也刚接手这个案子 我准备好了
I'm new to this case. I'm ready to go.
我们请求尽早审讯
We request a trial at the earliest date.
我也准备好了 法官阁下 不如分开审讯
I'm ready too, Your Honor. Why don't you sever the trials
这样我委托人的部分就可以开始了
so proceedings for my client can begin?
我会考虑的
I'll take it under advisement.
我们能谈谈保释的事吗
Can we talk bail?
法官阁下 检方坚持死刑判决
Your Honor, the People will be pursuing the death penalty.
不能保释
That takes bail off the table.
地检把我们的委托人关在监狱四年了
The DA has been holding our clients prisoner for four years
然而他们并没有被定罪
when they haven't been convicted of anything.
这太过分了
It is outrageous.
也许可以协商解决
Maybe the solution is a negotiated settlement.
这很合适
That would be appropriate.
这些杀人犯的暴行
The brutality of these murders
让我们难以谈条件
prohibits us from offering a deal.
你们两方话都说够了吧
There has been enough bombast on both sides.
我强烈建议你们都坐下
I strongly encourage you all to sit down
达成一致意见
and come to an agreement.
你们是在帮助你们的委托人和民众
You'll be doing your clients and the public a favor.
面对现实吧 大卫 就差一点
Let's face it, David, we were this close
我们委托人就要得到误杀的裁决
to getting a manslaughter verdict for our clients.
你的辩护都是唬人的 我会见招拆招
Your defense is bull, and I'll rip it to shreds in front of you.
这个案子将性♥虐♥待公之于众
This case puts sexual abuse out in the public.
人们都在谈论 受害者在发声
People are talking about it. Victims are speaking out.
陪审候选人每天都暴露在案件评论之下
And the jury pool are being exposed on a daily basis.
相信这种说法的
The only people who believe that
只有你们那方的人
are on your side of the table.
如果我跟你们谈条件 你们觉得我还能
If I offered you a deal, you think I'd be able
面对那些站在血泊中
to face the detectives who stood in the blood
而头顶的天花板还往下滴着脑浆的警探们吗
under a ceiling dripping with brain matter?
你们的委托人是一对为钱杀人的胆小鬼
Your clients are a couple of craven brats who killed for money,
你们要有别的想法 他们一定会笑掉大牙
and they're laughing their asses off at you for thinking otherwise.
让那两兄弟买♥♥些新毛衣去吧
You tell your boys to buy some new sweaters,
我什么也不会给他们
'cause I'm not offering them a damn thing.
-律师 -警探
- Counselor. - Detective.
你认识巴瑞·莱文吧 以前是洛杉矶警局的
You know Barry Levin. He's ex-LAPD.
你现在换边干了啊
Working for the other side now, eh?
康恩说的到挺有气势
Boy, Conn was laying it on a little thick.
-是 他只会空谈 -我不清楚
- Yeah, he's all talk. - Eh, I don't know.
你看起来没有以前有精神
You don't seem to have your old pizzazz.
别听他的
Don't listen to him.
他是在打击你
He's just pimping you.
警♥察♥的老把戏
It's an old cop trick.
卡拉巴萨斯的房♥子拍卖♥♥了去还税
The house in Calabasas was auctioned off to pay taxes.
房♥产基本不剩多少了
There's hardly anything left in the estate.
我们负担不起新一轮诉讼
We can't afford a new trial.
所有的专家费 律师费
All the experts, the lawyer fees--
莱尔的新律师是法庭指派的
Lyle's new lawyer was appointed by the court
因为吉尔离开了
because Jill left.
他的费用是由州政♥府♥付的
His fees are paid by the state.
莱文先生也是 他代替了玛西雅
Same thing with Mr. Levin, who replaced Marcia,
而我会用我的钱付专家费
and I will use my fees to pay experts.
莱斯丽 我们甚至都没钱付给你
Leslie, there's not even enough to pay for you.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我会让监督法官任命我
I will ask the supervising judge to appoint me
代表埃里克
to represent Erik.
这样州里就会支付
That way the state will pay me
我正常工资的四分之一
about a quarter of my regular rate.
你们就能少付点钱
You'll be getting a bargain.
我的当事人破产了 法官阁下
My client is broke, Your Honor.
他和他的家庭都无法负担我的律师费
Neither he nor his family can afford my attorney fees.
我请求成为埃里克的法庭指派律师
I am asking to be made Erik's court-appointed attorney.
我要驳回你的请求 艾布拉森女士
I'm denying your request, Ms. Abramson.
作为监督法官 我的职责是
As supervising judge, it is my duty to manage
管理刑事庭非常有限的资源
the very limited resources of the criminal division.
这个案子不必由纳税者
This is one trial where the taxpayers
出钱资助
don't need to chip in.
你是在强迫我退出这件案子吗
Are you trying to force me off the case?
你不能指望我免费工作
You can't expect me to work for free.
你已经拿到够多钱了
You've been paid very well.
我不喜欢你把我理解为
I don't like the inference
一个贪财的人 法官阁下
that I am a moneygrubber, Your Honor.
过去四年 我在这个案子上花了
I have spent 8,600 hours over the past four years
8600小时 每小时才68块
on this case. That is $68 an hour.
-我能说句话吗 拜托 -埃里克
- Can I speak? Please? - Erik.
-拜托 -埃里克
- Please, please. - Erik.
法官阁下 求你了
Your Honor, I beg you.
没有艾布拉森女士 我根本就没办法
There is no way I would want to do another trial
再参加一场审判
without Ms. Abramson.
我的事情公开之后 她就一直是我的律师
She's been my lawyer since my life was revealed.
我不可能再这样对另一个律师打开心扉了
I don't think that I can open up to another attorney.
我不会换掉她
I am not relieving her of her position.
只要你想让她为你工作
As long as you want her to work for you,
她就必须为你工作
she has to work for you,
但是加利福尼亚州的纳税人
but the taxpayers of California
不会为你付钱
will not be footing the bill.
休庭
We are adjourned.
我不懂 他们为莱尔的律师付钱了
I don't understand. They're paying for Lyle's lawyer.
为莱文先生付钱了
They're paying for Mr. Levin.
那是因为我们代替了离开的律师
That's because we replaced lawyers who left,
而你是想留下莱斯丽
and you want Leslie to stay.
我不能要求你免费工作
I can't ask you to work for free.
我会让你走的 我就说想换个律师
I'll let you go. I'll say I want another attorney.
那是他们想要的 不想让我打这个官司
That's what they want. They want me off the case.
我们能找到解决办法
We will find a way around this.
我不会离开你的 埃里克
I'm not leaving you, Erik.
这场审判至少还能拖一年
This trial could take another year, at least.
然后还有上诉
And then the appeals.
我知道你有多坚定
Now, I know how committed you are,
但你也不能假装能撑得过去
but you can't pretend you can afford to do this.
你必须让埃里克解雇你
You have to let Erik fire you.
觉得埃里克和莱尔有钱只是误解
剧集 | 法律与秩序真实重案:梅内德斯兄弟(2017) | 导航列表