剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表
and it's just perfect.
-看看这层压的,包装的
‐ See this lamination, the packaging
真的是穿在这些角落里了。
is really worn in these corners.
-这是个坏兆头,这意味着
‐ That's a bad sign it means
在某一时刻暴露在高温下
that that's been exposed to heat at some point
而且不仅仅是一点点,
and not just a little bit,
足以使包装开始分解。
enough to make packaging starts to break down.
在我们进去之前我们不会知道。
We're not gonna know till we get inside.
-让我们把它撕碎.
‐ Let's rip it up.
-让我们看看我们在做什么.
‐ Let's see what we got going on.
就像打开圣诞礼物一样。
It's like opening a Christmas present.
我们有可可饮料粉。
We have a cocoa beverage powder.
-[乔希]好的.
‐ [Josh] Okay.
-在黑色下面,就在这里
‐ Underneath the the black right here,
我们买♥♥了糖和奶油。
we got us a sugar, cream.
-哦,奶油,也很流行。-奶油咖啡
‐ Oh, cream, is also in. ‐ Cream coffee
麦克斯韦尔豪斯品牌咖啡,一杯。
Maxwell House brand coffee, one cup serving.
-那太棒了.
‐ That's awesome.
-不完全是.
‐ Not really.
听着,就像其他东西都是伪装的一样,
Look, like everything else is pretty camouflage,
除了这个鲜艳的红色和黄色的包装对。
except this bright red and yellow packaging right.
我们的最后一件东西就是卫生纸
And the last thing we have is the toilet paper
他们提供给你的东西。
that they supply you with.
这就是你一天所能得到的。
That's all you get for the day.
-[乔什]你必须是一个能打败查理的人
‐ [Josh] You gotta be a one wipe Charlie
和这些坏孩子在一起。
with these bad boys.
-这是我们正在查看的主要项目。
‐ This is the main item we're looking at though.
有45年历史的牛肉和米饭。
Beef and rice that's 45 years old.
-[乔希]好的.
‐ [Josh] Alright.
-希望我们能吃下这个。
‐ Hopefully we can eat this one.
-[乔什]我们开始吧.
‐ [Josh] Let's do it.
(戏剧性音乐)
(dramatic music)
-当我们打开这个的时候,我们希望能找到干净的干粮
‐ When we open this we're hoping to find clean dry food
无潮气损伤。
with no moisture damage.
-像这样的吸尘器,
‐ With a vacuum item like this,
你在听的是什么
what you're listening for
空气是从外面冲进来的。
is air rushing in from the outside.
-[乔希]好的.
‐ [Josh] Okay.
这意味着它仍然是密封的,不对工厂开放。
That means it's still sealed from the factory.
-[乔希]好的.
‐ [Josh] All right.
-是的,我能听到.
‐ Yep, I can hear that.
-所以这很好。
‐ So that's good.
-是啊,这是件好事.-那太好了,好的.
‐ Yeah, that's a good thing. ‐ That's great, all right.
-它是干的,到目前为止看起来还不错。
‐ It's dry, it looks good so far.
-我去拿点水.
‐ And I'm gonna get some water.
-那些在远程巡逻部队的家伙,
‐ Those guys that were in the Long Range Patrol Units,
如果你不能停下来烧开水,
if you can't stop and boil the water,
我听说他们不得不把常温的水
I've heard that they had to put room temperature water
在那个袋子里,把它折起来,放进他们的侧袋里,
in that bag, fold it up, put it in their side pocket,
当你行进的时候,
and while you're marching,
你的食物在你的裤腿里重新补水。
your food's re‐hydrating in your pants leg.
这真是超级聪明。
That is super clever.
-好的,看起来已经准备好了.
‐ All right, it looks like it's about ready.
-看起来不那么令人开胃,对吗?
‐ Looks not so appetizing, right?
-你知道,这是20世纪70年代初的。
‐ You know, this is from the early 1970s.
所以我们看到的是一件有45年历史的东西。
So we're looking at something that's 45 years old.
-还有...
‐ And...
(戏剧性音乐)
(dramatic music)
-闻起来是的。
‐ That smells yep.
它有一股鱼腥味。
It's got a fishy smell to it.
我真正认为重要的一件事是
One of the things that I really think is important
就是通过这样做,你可以真正地联♥系♥到
is by doing this, you get to really connect
他们是如何度过战争的。
to how they were having to live through the wars.
-如果有什么让我觉得
‐ If there's anything that makes me feel like
我可以设身处地为他们着想
I can put myself in their shoes
在那场战争的一毫秒内。
for one millisecond of that war.
这是我永远不会忘记的一次经历。
This is a one of a kind experience I will never forget.
-我们走吧.
‐ Here we go.
(食物的嘎吱作响)
(food crunching)
(戏剧性音乐)
(dramatic music)
-吃起来像是很糟糕的自助餐牛肉。
‐ Tastes like really bad buffet beef stroganoff.
-[Smokey]没错。
‐ [Smokey] Exactly.
-[乔希]对吗?
‐ [Josh] Right?
-我不认为这是坏人。
‐ I don't think it's bad man.
-不,牛肉吃起来像最普通的汉堡
‐ No, the beef tastes like the plainest hamburger
你有过的最棒的。
you've ever had.
-便宜的肉。-便宜的肉。
‐ Cheap meat. ‐ Cheap meat.
-超级便宜。
‐ Super cheap.
-它的钠含量很高。
‐ It's very high in sodium.
你可以尝到里面的盐。
You can taste the salt in there.
大米是不存在的。
The rice is non existent.
-它是平淡无奇的,因为他们是这样做的。
‐ It's bland because they made it that way.
所以几乎任何人都可以吃到它。
So just about anybody could eat it.
-显然,这是一顿让士兵摄入卡路里的饭。
‐ Clearly that is a meal getting calories into a soldier.
-谁会想到呢
‐ Who would ever think though
你可以吃到越南时代的牛肉和米饭。
that you could eat beef and rice from the Vietnam era.
我们真的要亲身体验
We got to literally experience
那段历史只需咬一口食物。
that history through one bite of food.
-[乔希]是的。
‐ [Josh] Yep.
-[Smokey]终于可以把这个从我的清单上去掉了.
‐ [Smokey] Finally get to check this one off my list.
-是时候了.
‐ It's about time.
-冷冻干燥过程,这一次奏效了。
‐ And the freeze drying process, this time it worked.
-我对此感到惊喜。
‐ I was pleasantly surprised by that.
-在纸袋中,这是我用过的最好的纸袋。
‐ Of the paper bags, this is by far the best one I've had.
我想我们可以把这整件东西吃掉。
I think we could eat this whole thing.
-是的.(笑)
‐ Yeah. (laughing)
(戏剧性音乐)
(dramatic music)
-[Smokey]伙计,我对这件事很感兴趣.
‐ [Smokey] Dude, I'm pumped about this one.
我设法找到了这个人,维克,
I've managed to track down this guy, Vic,
-[乔希]好的.
‐ [Josh] Okay.
他是辣酱的大收藏家。
who is a huge collector of hot sauce.
他甚至还有一瓶塔巴斯科
And he's even got a bottle of Tabasco
这至少有40年的历史了。
that's at least 40 years old.
-哦,那太棒了.
‐ Oh that's awesome.
-现在他再也不会打开这些辣酱了
‐ Now he never opens these bottles of hot sauce
对任何人来说。
for anybody.
但我一直在骚扰他,他决定
But I've been bugging him and he's decided
为我们破例。
to make an exception for us.
我一直在想
I've always wondered
当辣酱陈化时,它会发生什么,
what happens to hot sauce when it ages,
我们终于要找出真♥相♥了。
and we're finally gonna get to find out.
-[乔希]难以置信。
‐ [Josh] Incredible.
-[Smokey]我预计会有疼痛.
‐ [Smokey] I'm anticipating pain.
(乔尔笑了)
(Joel chuckles)
(门铃响了)
(door bell rings)
-你好,先生们,我是维克.
‐ [Vic] Hi gentlemen, I'm Vic.
我来自亚利桑那州凤♥凰♥城。
I'm from Phoenix, Arizona.
我有9000瓶辣酱
I have 9000 bottles of hot sauces
从地球上的各个角落来的。
from literally all over the planet.
-[乔尔]天哪,天哪.
‐ [Joel] Jeez, oh man.
-[Smokey]这太棒了
‐ [Smokey] It's awesome.
-[乔什]哦,莫莉.-这是很难接受的。
‐ [Josh] Oh, molly. ‐ It's a lot to take in.
-[维克]伙计们有座位了.
‐ [Vic] Guys have a seat.
我去拿几个。
Let me grab a couple.
-好的,成交.
‐ All right, good deal.
我对他们尝试一些
I'm kind of excited about them trying some
我有的这些陈年调味汁。
of these really old sauces that I have.
-所以,这些都是经典作品。
‐ So, these are classics.
-是的,所以这些是一些最古老的
‐ Yeah, so these are some of the oldest
在美国。
in the United States.
-塔巴斯科。-绝对的
剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表