剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表
-[乔希]吃陈旧或过期的食物
‐ [Josh] Eating old or expired food
是极其危险的。
is extremely dangerous.
-[老烟]我们在家里做这个,但你不应该。
‐ [Old Smokey] We do this at home, but you shouldn't.
(戏剧性音乐)
(dramatic music)
-[Josh]有没有从食品储藏室拿过过期的食物?
‐ [Josh] Ever pulled expired food from the pantry
然后问了这个问题,
and asked the question,
我还能吃这个吗?
can I still eat this?
-[老烟鬼]哦,天哪.-[乔希]是的.
‐ [Old Smokey] Oh, man. ‐ [Josh] Yah.
-[老烟]旧罐头、旧瓶子
‐ [Old Smokey] Old cans, bottles
和一箱箱被遗忘的食物
and boxes of forgotten foods
无处不在的谎言。
lie hidden everywhere.
-这仍然是密封的。
‐ This is still sealed.
-[老烟]1947.
‐ [Old Smokey] 1947.
-[乔希]1962年。
‐ [Josh] 1962.
-[乔希]1921年。-[老烟鬼]不可能。
‐ [Josh] 1921. ‐ [Old Smokey] No way.
但它们还能吃吗?
But are they still edible?
-吃起来像地下室。
‐ It tastes like a basement.
我是乔什。
I'm Josh.
-[老烟]我是老烟
‐ [Old Smokey] I'm Old Smokey.
-[乔希]我们是可食用文物的收藏家。
‐ [Josh] And we're collectors of edible artifacts.
-[老烟]他们告诉了我们什么关于我们的过去?
‐ [Old Smokey] What do they tell us about our past?
-这是令人兴奋的。
‐ This is mind‐blowing.
-还有什么其他秘密被密封在里面?
‐ And what other secrets are sealed inside?
那是什么?
What is that?
-[乔希]但是我们发现的遗物不会放在布满灰尘的架子上。
‐ [Josh] But the relics we find don't go on a dusty shelf.
(砰砰声)
(banging)
(冒泡)
(fizzing)
我们把它们吃了。
We eat them.
-这是最接近时间旅行的东西之一
‐ This is one of the closest things to time travel
我能想到的。
I can think of.
-[乔希]这里并不总是安全的。
‐ [Josh] It's not always safe.
-[老烟]这并不总是好的。
‐ [Old Smokey] It's not always good.
噢。
Oh.
-[乔什]但如果我们能忍♥受的话
‐ [Josh] But if we can stomach it,
味道很好。
it's delicious.
我们想知道。
We want to know.
-就是这样,哦,天哪。
‐ That was it, oh my gosh.
这食物经得起时间的考验吗?
Did this food stand the test of time?
-这绝对是太棒了。
‐ It's absolutely fantastic.
(戏剧性音乐)
(dramatic music)
-[乔什]嘿,你说完了吗?
‐ [Josh] Hey man, you finished?
-我正朝你的方向去.
‐ I am, headed your way.
-我这里有东西.
‐ I've got something here.
-你有一个盒子.
‐ You have a box.
-我知道。
‐ I do.
在这里,有一种零食证明了
In here, is a snack food that proves
如果它没有坏,就不要修理它。
if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
我的邻居鲍勃给了我这个。
My neighbor Bob gave this to me.
他是个大收藏家,和我们一样。
He's a big time collector, just like us.
-[老烟]现在我是个古董收藏家
‐ [Old Smokey] Now I've been a collector of old things
从我记事起就一直这样。
for as long as I can remember.
我对古老的食物产生了兴趣
I got interested in old food
作为联♥系♥我爷爷的一种方式。
as a way to connect to my grandpa.
在我成长的过程中,他对我的影响很大。
He was a big influence on me when I was growing up.
我意识到我可以吃到完全一样的口粮
I realized I could eat the exact same rations
就像他在第二次世界大战期间一样。
as he had during World War II.
品尝越来越多的军旅食品
Tasting more and more military foods
变得像一种痴迷。
became like an obsession.
然后我在网上发布了一段视频。
Then I posted a video online.
快看,这只鸡,
Look at that, this chicken,
给你们拍张特写。
get y'all a close up.
人们开始把他们的旧食物寄给我。
People started sending me their old foods.
我们开始了,看看这个。
And here we go, look at this.
各种各样的东西。
All sorts of stuff.
他们和我一样好奇。
They were just as curious as I was.
乔什,有一次他给我寄来了一些老花生酱。
Josh, he sent me some old peanut butter one time.
(笑)
(laughs)
我讨厌这一点。
Which I hated.
但我和他从那以后就成了朋友。
But me and him, we've been friends ever since.
-我是一个收藏家家族的收藏家。
‐ I'm a collector from a family of collectors.
我父母一直很喜欢旧食品罐头,
My parents have always been into old food tins,
瓶子和易拉罐,有时它们仍然是满的。
bottles and cans and sometimes they'd still be full.
当我八岁的时候,
When I was eight,
我决定打开一只,尝一尝。
I decided to open one and taste it.
我被吸引住了。
I was hooked.
没有比这更好的方法回到过去了
There's no better way to go back in time
并直接与历史联♥系♥起来。
and connect directly to history.
感谢你们邀请我们,
Thank you guys for having us,
太棒了,干杯。
this is awesome, cheers.
这就是美国的宝藏。
This is an American treasure right here.
-我很好奇,我想看看你盒子里有什么.
‐ I'm intrigued, I want to see what you got in the box.
-[乔希]我们有一袋1979年的
‐ [Josh] We have a bag of 1979
炸玉米片。
Fritos corn chips.
-哇,这是我见过的最老的一袋薯条了.
‐ Wow, that's the oldest bag of Fritos I've ever seen.
-所以我的邻居鲍勃在他的车♥库♥里发现了这个
‐ So my neighbor Bob found this in his garage
这是一件意外的珍宝
and it's an accidental treasure
大多数人只会把它扔进垃圾桶。
that most people would just toss in the trash.
-对,这就是我们想要阻止人们做的事情。
‐ Right, this is what we want to prevent people from doing.
-是的。
‐ Yes.
-请寄给我。
‐ Please send it to me.
我会试着把它吃掉。
I will try to eat it.
-[Josh]Frito很好吃
‐ [Josh] Fritos are delicious.
-[老烟鬼]他们是.
‐ [Old Smokey] They are.
他们有一款获胜的产品。
They have a winning product.
-这是一个令人惊叹的故事。
‐ And it's an amazing story.
这是1932年,我们正处于
It's 1932, we're right in the midst
大萧条时期,对吗?
of the great depression, right?
-是的,这对美国来说是一段艰难的时期。
‐ Yeah, that's a tough time for America.
--查尔斯·E·杜林,德克萨斯州休斯顿
‐ Charles E. Doolin, Houston, Texas,
遇到了一位卖♥♥炸玉米片的先生
met a gentleman who was selling fried corn chips
在街上
on the street
他从那个人那里买♥♥下了食谱
and he bought the recipe from the man
100美元就能买♥♥到Fritos。
for $100 for Fritos.
因此,他与德克萨斯州的农民一起工作
So he worked with Texas farmers
开♥发♥他自己的杂交玉米品种
to develop his own hybrid corn variety
没过多久,菲多就席卷了美国。
and before long, the Frito exploded across America.
它甚至在第二次世界大战中被美军使用过
It was even used by the US military in World War II
因为它的长保质期和坚固的结构。
for its long shelf life and sturdy construction.
今天,这100美元的投资
Today, that $100 investment
已经变成了一家价值近150亿美元的公♥司♥。
has turned into a company worth almost $15 billion.
-真实的美国故事就在那里。
‐ True American story right there.
-是的.
‐ Yup.
-我不知道有没有人打开过这么旧的袋子
‐ I don't know if anybody's opened up a bag this old.
-[乔希]是的,我想是时候了。
‐ [Josh] Yeah, I think it's high time.
(不祥的音乐)
(ominous music)
那只海豹真的挺住了。
That seal held up really well.
-哦不,哦不。
‐ Oh no, oh no.
-哦,不.
‐ Oh no.
-那真的很糟糕.
‐ That's really bad.
闻起来像是腐烂的油。
It smells like rancid oil.
-哦,不.
‐ Oh no.
这闻起来一点也不像炸薯条
This smells nothing like the Fritos
我已经习惯闻了。-是的.
I'm used to smelling. ‐ Yeah.
这真的伤害了我的感情。
This is really hurting my feelings.
-这让我想起了汽车上烧焦的离合器,
‐ This reminds me of a burnt clutch on a car,
那是一种很有工业味的气味。
that very industrial odor.
-这真的是,
‐ It is really,
只是味道不好。-这是犯规.
it's just not a good smell. ‐ It's foul.
-让我们来看看他们。
‐ Let's take a look at 'em.
哦,他们甚至看起来有点不同。
剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表