剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表
Okay.
(紧张的音乐)
(tense music)
-我也走了,
‐ I took way too,
(叹息)太多了。
(sighs) way too much.
-它把你的嘴巴包得太紧了。
‐ It envelops your mouth so hard.
它被烧毁了。
It's burned.
-绝对是烂水果的味道。
‐ Definitely tastes like rotten fruit.
尽管这是一个酒精含量为6%的冷酒器,
Even though this is a wine cooler that's 6% alcohol,
现在我胸口冒出的热气,
that heat coming up out of my chest now,
就像我喝了一杯酒。
like I took a shot of liquor.
-嗯-嗯.
‐ Mmm‐hmm.
它已经想要引起消化不良了。
It's wanting to cause indigestion already.
-他们说葡萄酒应该随着时间的推移变得更好。
‐ They say wine's supposed to get better with age.
-不是这种酒,因为它几乎立刻让我恶心。
‐ Not this wine, because it almost instantly made me sick.
-如果只是白葡萄酒和碳酸饮料,
‐ If it was just white wine and carbonation,
我想我们会没事的。
I think we'd be fine.
它含有二氧化碳、糖、果糖和山梨酸酯。
It contains carbon dioxide, sugar, fructose, and sorbates.
-里面有糖,我肯定已经腐烂了。
‐ There's sugars in there that have I'm sure gone rotten.
我真的很恶心,
I'm definitely queasy,
但它仍然很酷
but it's still really cool
去看哈雷-戴维森的冷酒机。
to see a Harley‐Davidson wine cooler.
我不知道,我现在挺喜欢的,
I don't know, I kinda like it now,
它看起来和其他东西的样子,
the way it looks and stuff,
从技术上讲,它仍然是可消费的。
and it is technically still consumable.
-[乔希]严格来说。
‐ [Josh] Technically.
-[老烟鬼]不是说你想喝这个。
‐ [Old Smokey] Not that you'd want to drink this ever.
(紧张的音乐)(钟声)
(tense music) (bell tolls)
-[乔希]我对这件事非常感兴趣,
‐ [Josh] I am super pumped about this thing,
因为我从11岁起就一直梦想着这件事。
because I've been dreaming about this since I was 11.
它相当罕见,绝对充满了历史,
It's pretty rare, absolutely full of history,
我想你一定会喜欢的。
and I think you're absolutely gonna love it.
-我不知道这会是什么。
‐ I have no clue what it could be.
-[乔什]我们要升空了。
‐ [Josh] We have lift‐off.
-[老烟]孩子,我迷路了.
‐ [Old Smokey] Boy, I'm lost.
-这些是1992年的土豆烤土豆
‐ These are 1992 potatoes au gratin
从太空中。
from space.
这是美国宇航局真正的太空食品
This is actual NASA space food
用来让航♥天♥飞机上的宇航员活着。
used to keep astronauts on the space shuttle alive.
这包特殊的烤土豆
This particular pack of potatoes au gratin
登上了航♥天♥飞机,在太空中,
went up on the shuttle, was in space,
没有被吃掉,从太空回来了,
was not eaten, came back down from space,
现在我们可以吃了。
and now we get to eat it.
-这可能是有史以来最酷的事情之一。
‐ That's one of the coolest things maybe ever.
-我在网上买♥♥的,因为我以前经常看电视
‐ I got these online because I used to watch TV
看到孩子们在太空营玩得很开心。
and see kids having the time of their life at space camp.
我所想做的就是去参加太空营。
All I wanted to do was go to space camp.
现在我们的机会来了。
Now's our chance.
-老实说,这是其中之一
‐ Honestly this is one of those items
我一直想试一试。
I've always wanted to try.
我感受到了激♥情♥,因为还有更多
I feel the passion, because there's a whole lot more
这里不只是一包烤土豆。
here than just a pack of au gratin potatoes.
-是的.
‐ Yeah.
-这是NASA历史上一段奇妙的篇章。
‐ This is a fantastic piece of NASA history.
-当然。
‐ Sure.
-[老烟火]肯尼迪挑战NASA时
‐ [Old Smokey] When JFK challenged NASA
在20世纪60年代末把人送上月球,
to put a man on the moon by the end of the 1960s,
他们必须克服的最大障碍之一
one of the biggest hurdles they had to overcome
是如何为宇航员提供食物。
was how to supply the space crew with food.
在早期的水星任务中,
In the early Mercury missions,
宇航员主要靠
astronauts mainly subsisted on
几管牛肉泥或苹果酱。
tubes of pureed beef or applesauce.
-伙计,这是一袋特殊的土豆。
‐ Man, this is one special bag of potatoes.
-我是说,除了住院和死亡,
‐ I'm saying, like outside of hospitalization and death,
我得试试这些。
I'm gonna have to try these.
-[Josh]所以我们需要放三盎司热水
‐ [Josh] So we need to put three ounces of hot water
放进这道烤土豆里。
into this potatoes au gratin.
-我们需要给它补充水分
‐ We need to rehydrate it.
-是的.
‐ Yeah.
为了吃到冷冻干燥的食物,
In order to eat a freeze‐dried food,
你必须先补充水分,
you have to rehydrate it first,
当然,NASA想出了一种在太空中做到这一点的方法。
and of course NASA figured out a way to do it in space.
食物是用这些冷冻干燥的
The food is freeze dried in these
用铝箔密封的塑料容器。
plastic containers with a foil seal.
在这艘船上,基本上有一根针在墙上
On the ship, there is essentially a needle in the wall
他们称之为补液站。
which they call their rehydration station.
用它,你刺穿铝箔密封圈,
Using that, you puncture the foil seal,
拨入你需要的水量,
dial in the amount of water you need,
按下按钮表示热或冷,
press the button for hot or cold,
然后它被直接注射到包裹中。
and it gets injected right into the package.
但既然我们没有这样的东西,
But since we don't have one of those,
我们要用一个装满热水的注射器
we're gonna use a syringe filled with hot water
并将其直接注入食物中。
and inject it right into the food.
(紧张的音乐)
(tense music)
哦天哪。
Oh man.
-[老烟]它真的肿起来了.
‐ [Old Smokey] It's actually swelling up.
-[乔希]完全是。
‐ [Josh] Totally.
-这太酷了.
‐ That is so cool.
你可能想把它揉得更紧一点。
You probably want to knead that up a little bit.
好了,就是这样。
Well there it is.
(叹息)
(sighs)
太棒了,闻起来很俗气。
Awesome, it smells cheesy.
我是说,它看起来很不错,
I mean, it's looking pretty good,
我想知道土豆有多软。
I wonder how soft the potatoes are.
-[乔希]他们并不难相处。
‐ [Josh] They're not hard.
-是啊,但他们应该是这样的,对吗?
‐ Yeah but they're the way they're supposed to be, right?
-是啊,我没看到霉菌,
‐ Yeah, I don't see like mold,
我看不到任何妥协。
I don't see any compromise.
-我是说,这些都是27岁的土豆.
‐ I mean, these are 27‐year‐old potatoes.
我们对吃这个有什么真正的顾虑吗?
Do we have any real concerns about eating this?
-我没有,一个也没有.
‐ I have none, zero.
-我是说,在这件事上不计后果地放弃
‐ I mean, reckless abandonment on this one
就因为它来自哪里?
just because of where it came from?
-是的。
‐ Yes.
--这是食品史的缩影。
‐ This is the epitome of eating history.
没有什么比这更不朽的了
It doesn't get much more monumental than
吃合法的太空食品。
eating legitimate space food.
-等了很久才吃到这些土豆。
‐ Been waiting a long time to eat these potatoes.
(紧张的音乐)
(tense music)
-对我来说味道很熟悉。
‐ It tastes very familiar to me.
-好的.
‐ Okay.
-有点假黄奶酪的味道,
‐ It's kinda that fake yellow cheese flavor,
而在这背后是一丝苦涩。
and behind that is a slight bit of bitterness.
-是的,有一种苦涩的味道,
‐ Yeah, there's a bitter taste to it,
对他们来说,这就像是一种非常陈旧的味道。
it's like a very stale taste to them.
我不知道,伙计。
I don't know, man.
这是有道理的。
There's something up with that.
你觉得这跟27年有什么关系吗?
You think 27 years has anything to do with it?
-老实说,我不认为,
‐ Honestly, I don't think,
对我来说,它的味道真的不老。
it really doesn't taste aged to me.
我个人还挺喜欢的。
I personally kinda like it.
我想这可能就是它一直以来的味道,
I think this is probably what it always tasted like,
它永远不会成为美食家。
it was never gonna be gourmet.
我是说,这尝起来像是军用食品。
I mean, it tastes like military food.
土豆本身就有一种奇怪的质地
The potatoes themself have a strange texture
因为它们被冻干了。
because they've been freeze dried.
-[乔希]是的.
‐ [Josh] Yeah.
-当你冷冻干燥的东西时,
‐ When you freeze dry something,
它的结构完整性被改变了
the structural integrity of it is changed
在一定程度上。
to a certain extent.
-我不喜欢那样。
‐ I do not like that.
我真的觉得,我有点心烦,
剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表