剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表
Has that like beautiful potato consistency but thicker soup.
你可以品尝到那些蔬菜香料,
You can taste those vegetable spices,
芹菜,盐,大蒜。
the celery, the salt, the garlic.
-这是一种浓郁的奶油味。
‐ It's a tangy creaminess.
-是的。
‐ Yes.
-[老烟]有点咸,
‐ [Old Smokey] It's slightly salty,
但这就是你得到浓郁味道的地方。
but that's where you get that tangy flavor that comes in.
这是一种香味四溢的食物。
This is exploding with flavor.
老实说,
I've to honestly,
我看不出有什么不同
I cannot tell the difference
在这个55年前的红水壶坎贝尔
between this 55 year old Red Kettle Campbell's
而不是你现在就会去买♥♥的东西。
versus something that you'd go buy off the shelf right now.
-我也不知道。
‐ I would have no idea.
这绝对是完美的。
This is absolutely perfect.
-是的.
‐ It is.
老实说,我认为这是冻干的一面。
Honestly, I think that's the freeze‐dried aspect of this.
-[乔希]既然这封好了,
‐ [Josh] Since this was sealed properly,
55年前我们有一道完美的汤。
we have a perfect soup 55 years out.
所以,基本上,不是这种味道把人们赶走了。
So, basically, it's not the taste that drove people away.
-这是准备时间。
‐ It was the prep time.
-该是准备时间了.
‐ It got to be the prep time.
所以,我想我们可以说这是--
So, I think we can say that this is ‐‐
-嗯,很好。
‐ Mm mm good.
(笑)
(laughs)
-给你.
‐ There you go.
(钟声)(欢快的音乐)
(bell rings) (upbeat music)
-[老烟鬼]捡到了些东西,伙计.
‐ [Old Smokey] Picked something up, man.
是在网上拍卖♥♥中得的吗?
Won it on an online auction?
这将是我真正熟悉的东西。
This is going to be something I'm really familiar with.
我以前也有过,
I've had them in the past,
因为我正在寻找的那个人
because I'm looking for the one
当我咬一口的时候,
that when I take a bite of it,
我只想再吃一口。
I just want another bite.
未加工的钻石。
The diamond in the rough.
这就是我要找的。
That's what I'm looking for.
-哇.好的,这太棒了。
‐ Wow. Okay, this is awesome.
-卖♥♥家告诉我这可以
‐ The seller told me that this can
是一个1957年的蒸水果蛋糕。
is a 1957 steamed fruit cake.
我已经吃了六七个水果蛋糕了。
I've had six or seven fruit cakes.
-你一直在吃这些东西?
‐ You keep eating these things?
--从70年代到60年代初。
‐ From the 70s to the early 60s.
-[乔什]这个罐子已经62岁了。
‐ [Josh] This can is 62 years old.
这可能是我们军事配给的圣杯。
This could be our Holy Grail of military rations.
-[老烟]这是有可能的。
‐ [Old Smokey] It's possible.
我知道他们就在外面。
I know they're out there.
-我敢打赌,几乎没有一个士兵
‐ [Josh] I'll bet there's hardly a soldier
从朝鲜战争或越南战争时代♥开♥始,
from the Korean or Vietnam War eras,
他们没有接受军方对平衡营养的回答:
who didn't eat the military's answer to balanced nutrition:
C配给。
the C Ration.
许多人认为C是战斗的缩写,
Many assumed the C was short for combat,
但实际上,这只是一个名称。
but it was actually just the designation.
A和B配给意味着
A and B Rations meant that
它们通常是在野外厨房♥里准备的。
they were normally prepared in field kitchens.
而C定量意味着单独罐装,
While the C ration meant individually canned,
已经煮好了,可以吃了。
pre‐cooked and ready to eat.
标志性的绿色C配给罐
The iconic green C Ration cans
使美国♥军♥队维持到1980年
sustained US troops until 1980
当它们最终被MRE取代时。
when they were finally replaced with the MRE.
当士兵在战场上的时候
When soldiers were out in the field
他们点了清蒸水果蛋糕,
and they got the steamed fruit cake,
这并不是他们的最爱,
it wasn't exactly their favorite,
但是,它给了他们那一小块家。
but, it gave them that little slice of home.
-特别是节假日。
‐ The holidays especially.
有葡萄干,樱桃,糖。
Has raisins, cherries, sugar.
你知道,这里的大部分配料,
You know, most of the ingredients in here,
它们看起来很不错。
they look pretty good.
然后它还有盐和发酵粉,
And then it's also got the salt and baking powder,
这些东西确实有助于保存
which are things that do help preserve that
在很长一段时间内。
for a long period of time.
这个有点老了
This is a little bit older
比我见过的最老的那个还多。
than the oldest one that I've ever had.
-这看起来状态很好。
‐ This looks like it's in pretty good shape.
它看起来没有太大的损坏,如果有的话。
It doesn't look like there's much damage, if any.
-[老烟]看起来还不错。
‐ [Old Smokey] It doesn't look bad.
我很高兴看到你用钥匙打开它
‐ [Josh] I'm excited to see you use the key to open it.
(笑)
(laughs)
-这是最好的部分之一。
‐ That's one of the best parts.
-是的.
‐ Yeah.
-所以,我们要继续下去,把它从底部弹出来。
‐ So, we're just gonna go ahead and pop it off the bottom.
在这里,你有一个小帐单。
Over here, you got a little tab.
-[乔希]是的.
‐ [Josh] Yeah.
-[老Smokey]看到那个小插口和钥匙了吗?
‐ [Old Smokey] See that little slot and key?
它就像这样滑到那里。
It slides right on there like so.
-[乔什]哦,是的。
‐ [Josh] Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
-[老烟鬼]好了,开始了.
‐ [Old Smokey] All right, here we go.
(欢快的音乐)
(upbeat music)
没那么糟。
It's not that bad.
-[乔什]我能做一个转身吗?
‐ [Josh] Can I just do one twist?
-[老烟鬼]去吧。
‐ [Old Smokey] Go for it.
-[乔希]看看这个。
‐ [Josh] Look at this.
-当你吃这个的时候,
‐ When you eat this,
你正在与那些部队分享那一刻。
you're sharing that moment with those troops.
看起来还不错。
It doesn't look bad.
-干杯,我的朋友.
‐ [Josh] Bottoms up, my friend.
(清嗓子)
(clears throat)
(欢快的音乐)
(upbeat music)
你还好吗?
You all right?
-伙计,你得给我买♥♥点什么.
‐ Man, you gotta get me something.
-[乔什]你明白了吗?
‐ [Josh] You got it?
-我尝到的都是金属味。
‐ All I taste is metal.
-那太恶心了.
‐ That's gross.
-[乔什]你还好吗?
‐ [Josh] You all right?
-这是我说过的最糟糕的事了。
‐ That's the worst thing I've had my mouth.
也许永远都不会。
Maybe ever.
尝起来就像我刚从罐头边上咬了一块。
It tastes like I just bit a piece off the side of the can.
味道不太好。
It's not a good flavor.
我的嘴巴发麻了。
My mouth is numb.
我是说,这是腐烂的油
I mean, it's rancid oils
那会让你的嘴巴发麻的。
that will cause your mouth to go numb.
你就会长出一张奇怪的棉花嘴。
You get this weird cotton mouth.
我知道我有过这样的经历。
Which I have that I had that going on.
在任何像这样的旧军事配给中,
In any old military ration like this,
我想找离我很近的那个
I want to find that one that's close
它是什么时候它是新的。
to what it was when it was new.
我想这一张就在这里
And I think this one right here
几乎是它所能摆脱的最远的距离。
is about as far as it can get away from that.
因为我在找我的真命天子
'Cause I'm looking for the one.
最完美的一次。
One that's just perfect.
我知道他们就在外面。
I know they're out there.
我得继续找。
Gotta keep looking.
(欢快的音乐)
(upbeat music)
-[乔什]怎么了,伙计?
‐ [Josh] what's up, dude?
所以我有一个令人惊叹的美国流行文化。
So I have an amazing piece of American pop culture.
这是我从加州纽卡斯尔的丹那里得到的。
I got this from Dan, from New Castle, California.
我要你给那个坏孩子开刀。
And I want you to open that bad boy.
-好的.
‐ Okay.
哦,哇!
Oh, wow!
你有水晶百事可乐吗?
You got Crystal Pepsi?
-是的。
‐ Yep.
-[老烟]我喜欢水晶百事可乐。
‐ [Old Smokey] I loved Crystal Pepsi.
-[乔什]你喜欢水晶百事?
剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表