剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表
I'm really like, I'm kinda upset about it,
但这是我们最接近成为宇航员的一次。
but it's the closest we'll ever come to being astronauts.
我是说,你一直梦想着
I mean, you've been dreaming about
永远吃这道菜,
eating this item forever,
我一直梦想着吃到真正的太空食物,
I've been dreaming about eating actual space food,
认为这可能就是
thinking that that's probably what
如果是我,我会在太空营吃东西,太棒了。
I would have eaten at space camp, it's awesome.
(戏剧性音乐)(钟声)
(dramatic music) (bell tolls)
-[乔希]我们正要去房♥地♥产♥拍卖♥♥会
‐ [Josh] We're headed to an estate sale
一位即将退休的绅士的故事
of a gentleman who's retiring
在这所房♥子里住了65年。
after living in this home for 65 years.
-是的,找到了一些很棒的,老旧的MRE.
‐ Yeah, found some great, old MREs.
-那太棒了.
‐ That's awesome.
-在房♥地♥产♥销♥售♥方面。
‐ In estate sales.
-所以我给房♥产经纪人打了电♥话♥,
‐ So I called the broker of the estate sale,
他叫艾德,我问他有没有陈年的食物,
his name is Ed, and I asked him if he had any old food,
他很高兴我们能通过食品储藏室。
and he's happy for us to go through the pantry.
里面有一大堆旧东西,
There's a ton of old stuff in there,
拿走我们想要的任何东西。
and take whatever we want.
-那太棒了.-是的.
‐ That's awesome. ‐ Yeah.
-[老烟鬼]进来,看看会不会有回报.
‐ [Old Smokey] Get in here and see if it's gonna pay off.
-[乔什]我们开始吧.
‐ [Josh] Let's do it.
(紧张的音乐)
(tense music)
这是一座伟大的老建筑。
This is a great old building.
-[老烟]是的,我们来对地方了.
‐ [Old Smokey] Yeah, we're in the right place.
-[乔希]是的.
‐ [Josh] Yeah.
杜哦,哇。
Du Oh wow.
-嘿,怎么样了?
‐ Hey, how's it going?
-怎么回事?
‐ What's going on?
-我是艾德.-乔希,很高兴见到你.
‐ I'm Ed. ‐ Josh, good to meet you.
-很高兴见到你。
‐ Nice to meet you.
-我是斯莫基.
‐ I'm Smokey.
-艾德,很高兴见到你.
‐ Ed, nice to meet you.
-很高兴见到你,伙计.
‐ Good to meet you, man.
我看得出你有一些漂亮的东西。
I can see you've got some neat stuff.
-是啊,所以你可以花点时间看看前厅,
‐ Yeah, so take your time looking in the front rooms,
然后向后面的厨房♥走去。
then make your way to the kitchen in the back.
-[乔希]你不介意我们开门
‐ [Josh] You don't mind if we open up
试一试这些东西,对吗?
and try some of this stuff, do you?
-[艾德]只要我不用吃,你就放心吧。
‐ [Ed] As long as I don't have to eat it, feel free.
-太棒了,谢谢你-[艾德]不客气
‐ Awesome, thank you, man ‐ [Ed] You're welcome.
-谢谢你.
‐ Appreciate it.
(引人入胜的音乐)
(intriguing music)
-[乔希]他抓住了很多东西。
‐ [Josh] He held on to a lot of stuff.
-哦,天哪,
‐ Oh man,
我曾经有过所有这些小雕像,
I used to have all these figurines,
他们会送来一盒红玫瑰茶。
and they would come with a box of Red Rose tea.
-[老烟]我觉得他们超酷的,伙计.
‐ [Old Smokey] I think they're super cool, man.
-是的,对,我还没有看到我的收藏
‐ Yeah, right, I haven't seen my collection
在很长很长一段时间。
in a long, long time.
-[老烟]到门廊去.
‐ [Old Smokey] To the porch.
-他们有东西在外面吗?
‐ They got stuff out there?.
-让我们去看看他们在这里得到了什么.
‐ Let's go see what they got out here.
-[乔希]这里有很多工具。
‐ [Josh] A lot of tools out here.
-[老烟]是的,这里看起来像是工具区。
‐ [Old Smokey] Yeah, this looks like the tool area.
-是的,哦!
‐ Yeah, oh!
哦,伙计,海洋清新的佛罗里达空气,
Oh dude, ocean fresh Florida air,
全国最纯净的空气。
the purest air in the nation.
这是罐头里的旧空气。
This is old air in a can.
这是1968年的照片。
So this is from 1968.
我们正赶上家庭自驾游的热潮。
We were hitting that like boom of the family road trip.
-[旁白]像这样的新奇物品
‐ [Narrator] Novelty items like this one
全国各地到处都是垃圾休息站
littered rest stops across the country
随着家庭自驾游越来越受欢迎。
as the family road trip increased in popularity.
20世纪60年代和70年代,
In the 1960s and 1970s,
美国进入家庭自驾游高峰期
the US reached the peak family road trip era
作为发展州际公路系统的结果
as a result of developing interstate highway systems
汽车越来越多地出现在家庭生活中。
and a growing presence of cars in the family life.
现在,像佛罗里达航♥空♥这样的新奇物品
Now, novelty items like Florida air
生活在美国人生活的时间胶囊里。
live in a time capsule of American life.
-我想这是你买♥♥的东西
‐ I think this is something that you bought
就像是为了纪念,就像我去过佛罗里达,
like as a memento, like I've been to Florida,
有证据证明这一点。
got the can to prove it.
只是有一个密封的罐子里面什么都没有,这太奇怪了。
It's just so weird to have a sealed can with nothing in it.
因为它们是一种廉价的纪念品,
And because they were sort of a cheap souvenir,
他们并不是真的被紧紧抓住,
they weren't really held onto too often,
因此,像这样发现它们仍然密封是相当罕见的。
so finding them still sealed like this is pretty rare.
去看看我们还能找到什么。
And go see what else we can find.
-我喜欢.
‐ I love it.
(轻松的音乐)
(relaxed music)
好吧,这就是我们的食品储藏室。
All right, this would be our pantry.
好的,这看起来就是我们想要的。
All right, well this looks like what we want.
-[老烟]65岁,哇。
‐ [Old Smokey] 65 years, wow.
-[乔什]哦,妈妈.
‐ [Josh] Oh Mama.
-你听起来很兴奋.
‐ You sound excited.
-[乔希]伙计.
‐ [Josh] Dude.
罐头里的多力多滋。
Doritos in a can.
-那真的很酷.
‐ That's really cool.
-2000年5月30日到期,好的,
‐ Expires May 30th 2000, okay,
所以这是90年代末
so this is late '90s
这些都是在90年代末才出现的。
and these were only around in the late '90s.
-我从小就吃了很多多力多滋。
‐ I grew up eating a lot of Doritos.
多力多滋一开始并不是玉米片
Doritos didn't start out as a nacho cheese chip
就像每个人都认为他们做的那样。
like everyone thinks they did.
-[老Smokey]一个谣言他们是怎么开始的
‐ [Old Smokey] One rumor how they got started
我相信他们出生在迪斯尼乐园
that I believe is that they were born at Disneyland
196♥4♥年,在弗里托斯经营的餐厅Casa de Fritos。
in 196♥4♥ at the Fritos‐owned restaurant Casa de Fritos.
把他们的玉米饼卖♥♥给餐馆的推销员
The salesman that sold the restaurant their tortillas
注意到工作人员正在扔掉
noticed that the staff was throwing away
一天结束时吃的老玉米饼。
old tortillas at the end of the day.
他建议他们把它们油炸一下
He suggested that they fry them up
然后把它们端给客人吃,
and serve them to the guests instead,
并于1966年在全国上架。
and hit the shelves nationally in 1966.
-预计它会重得多。
‐ Expected it to be much heavier.
太酷了,伙计。
That is super cool, man.
这是我最喜欢的事情之一。
One of my favorite things.
-他们想把多力多滋
‐ They were trying to put the Doritos
在同一台自动售货机里,就像一罐可乐,
in the same vending machine as like a can of cola,
因为如果你拿到你的苏打水,你的甜蜜,
because if you get your soda, your sweet,
还有你的多力多滋,你的美味在同一个旅途中。
and your Doritos, your savory in the same trip.
它是真空密封的,它完美地装在一个罐子里。
It's vacuum sealed, it's perfectly in a can.
这是我们的机会。
This is our opportunity.
-这正在变成一件相当好的事情。
‐ This is turning into a pretty good thing.
-是的,就是这样.
‐ Yeah, it is.
-我不得不说.
‐ I've gotta say.
-好的.
‐ Okay.
我们都吃过装在袋子里的旧薯条
‐ [Narrator] We've both eaten old chips in a bag
我们都喝了罐头里的旧饮料,
and we both had old drinks from a can,
但我从来没有吃过旧罐头里的旧薯片。
but I've never had old chips from an old can.
-我们走吧.
‐ Here we go.
(紧张的音乐)
(tense music)
(罐头弹出)
(can pops)
我印象深刻。
I'm impressed.
我想找一个像奶酪一样的。
I want to find like a cheesy one.
我会挑剔的,这是个好主意,
I'm gonna be picky, that's a good one,
我拿到了,是的,我拿到了。
I got it, yeah I had it.
就是它,就是它。
There it is, that's the one.
-[乔希]好的.
‐ [Josh] Okay.
我要流口水了。
My mouth is watering.
(嘎吱作响)(紧张的音乐)
(crunches) (tense music)
连贯性,嘎吱嘎吱的声音非常完美。
剧集 | 食在有历史(2020) | 导航列表