剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
欧文
How did you get them to drop the charges?
你是怎么让他们撤诉的
Well, I pulled Judge Summers out of dinner
我请萨莫斯法官吃了个饭
told her what happened,
叙述了一下经过
and she made a few calls.
她就帮我疏通了一下
You know, you have a long line of people
可是有好多的人
ready to stand up for you.
愿意支持你呢
What about my brother?
我弟弟怎么样
They're charging him with larceny.
他们要起诉他盗窃罪
They looked into his bank records.
他们调查了他的银行记录
Apparently, he received a large check from A-listerz.com today.
显然他今天收到了一张大咖网开的大额支票
He just gave me a check for $3,000.
他刚给了我一张三千块的支票
Well, whatever you do, don't cash it.
不管你怎么做 不要提现
You know... for what it's worth,
无论如何
I understand why you never told me about him.
我理解你从没对我提起他的原因
Thanks. What about you?
谢谢 你呢
Uh, what's going on with your case?
你那个案子怎么样
Oh, well, the A.U.S.A. lied to me, and I have no recourse.
助理检察官骗我 我没有追索权
Yeah, they'll pretty much say anything
是啊 他们在追捕
when they're pursuing someone on the federal terrorist watch list.
联邦恐♥怖♥分♥子♥监视名单上的人时 什么话都说得出来
25 years for a symbolic protest?
一次象征性的抗♥议♥要判25年
It's just too severe.
太严重了
Well, if you can't dispute the facts, go for her intent.
如果没法对犯罪行为辩护 就辩护她的意图
Put her on the stand and get her to explain herself.
让她站上法庭为自己辩解
So argue that stealing military property
那就提出盗窃军用物资
is a form of freedom of expression?
是言论自♥由♥的一种形式吗
You got anything better?
你有更好的方法吗
I wasn't trying to hurt our country.
我当时不是想伤害我们国家的利益
I love America, but I was trying to make a statement.
我爱美国 可我想要借此发表声明
That you opposed the Iraq War.
说你反对伊♥拉♥克♥战争
Yes. I lost my son.
对 我的儿子牺牲了
I didn't want any more people to die.
我不想再有人牺牲
Thank you.
谢谢
So, you stole 3,000 rounds of 25-millimeter tracer ammunition.
你偷了三千发25毫米口径曳光弹
Is that right? Yes.
是这样吗 是
Were you aware that those bullets cost the government over $50,000?
你知道那些弹♥药♥花费了政♥府♥五万多美元吗
No.
不知道
Are you aware that the threshold for a grand larceny conviction
你知道定义重大盗窃罪的临界值
is $25,000?
是两万五美元吗
I am now.
现在知道了
Kathy, you never sold those bullets
凯西 你从没用任何方式
or profited from the theft in any way, did you?
对所盗子弹进行销赃或得利 对吗
No. Like I said, the theft was symbolic.
对 我说了 这次偷窃是象征性的
In fact, I chose those specific bullets
其实 我选定那类子弹
because they could only be used in military-issue weapons.
是因为它们只能用于军用武器
W-w-w-wait. Hold on.
等等 等等
So you're saying that those bullets won't work
就是说那些子弹
in commercially available guns?
在商购枪♥支♥中不能使用
Yes. That's right.
对 没错
Apprendi v. New Jersey.
阿布伦蒂诉新泽西州案
What's going on here? In Apprendi,
怎么回事 在阿布伦蒂案中
the supreme court held that facts that can enhance a sentence
最高法♥院♥主张任何提高法定最高刑的事实
must be found by a finder of fact.
都必须被视为犯罪构成事实
So? So, your honor,
所以呢 所以 法官大人
you're the finder of fact here.
你就是排除合理怀疑的人
Which means that I can use whatever valuation system I want.
就是说我可以使用任何评估体系
Yes, and I ask that you find that those bullets
对 我请你裁决那些子弹
were worthless to Kathy as there's no secondary market.
对凯西而言毫无价值 因为根本没有二级市场
Because they can only be used in military weapons.
因为这些子弹只能用于军用武器
Exactly, so instead of grand larceny,
没错 所以这不是重大盗窃罪
the charge against my client could be reduced to petty larceny,
对我方委托人的起诉可以被降低到轻盗窃罪
which carries no mandatory minimum sentence.
没有强制最低量刑
The government still asks for 25 years.
检方仍请求判25年
Your honor, my client committed this crime a decade ago.
法官大人 我方委托人十年前就认罪了
And since then, she has been a law-abiding lunch lady.
从那以后 她一直是遵纪守法的午餐服务员
Three years in prison is more than enough.
三年徒刑已经够多了
And the government is opposed to that disposition.
检方反对这一处置方式
Your honor, my client has demonstrated
法官大人 我方委托人已展现了
her potential for rehabilitation.
她重新改造的潜质
The only reason she risked being caught
她冒险被捕的唯一原因
is because she was trying to protect the welfare of her students.
是因为她在努力维护她学生们的福利
Please... No need to beg, Ms. Bingum.
请你... 不用请求 宾格温女士
Three years is acceptable.
三年徒刑可以接受
Thank you.
谢谢
Just one more request --
还有一个请求
Would you permit my client a few minutes with her husband?
能允许我方委托人和丈夫团聚几分钟吗
Uh, they haven't seen each other in a very long time.
他们很久没见了
Why not?
有何不可呢
I got you back.
你回来了
Thanks for coming to see me.
谢谢你来看我
You put my firm in jeopardy.
你把我的律所置于水深火热之中
You put my career and my reputation in danger --
你威胁到了我的事业和声誉
Real danger.
危在旦夕
I know. I'm a screw-up.
我知道 我就是个麻烦鬼
I've always been a screwup. We're not kids, Charlie!
我一直就只会闯祸 我们不是小孩了 查理
That excuse isn't gonna play anymore.
这个借口已经不管用了
I want to know something.
你得告诉我
Why did you do it?
你为什么这么做
Why did you sell that footage to A-listerz.com?
你为什么把那个录像带卖♥♥给大咖网
Did you really think that you'd get away with it?
你真觉得能逍遥法外吗
They said they were gonna hold it for a week.
他们说会先搁置一周
It would have given me time to get back to Europe.
这会为我争取时间回欧洲
They lied to me. Can you believe that?
他们骗了我 你能相信吗
Can I believe that they lied to you? You lied to me.
我能相信他们骗了你吗 你欺骗了我
You told me that you had turned your life around.
你告诉我你已经重新做人了
You told me that you were going back to school.
你告诉我你要回学校读书
Do you remember that?!
还记得吗
I just told you what you needed to hear.
我只是说了你想听的
But I really am sorry.
可我真的很抱歉
I need you.
我需要你
It's not gonna work anymore.
这招不管用了
Owen...
欧文
I'm sorry.
对不起
I seriously messed up. I'm scared.
我真的铸成了大错 我害怕了
I need an attorney, and I can't afford one.
我需要一位律师 而我又请不起
The court will appoint a public defender.
法♥院♥会给你指派一个公设辩护律师
We're done.
就这样了
Ms. Bingum, I was surprised to get your phone call.
宾格温女士 接到你的电♥话♥我很吃惊
I'm sure.
那肯定的
Did you change your mind about selling your story?
你又愿意卖♥♥你的故事了吗
Not me, my client.
不是我 是我的委托人
But the "Son of Sam" Laws?
可是萨姆之子法呢
Right, they prevent her from profiting from her story,
该法不准她卖♥♥故事赚钱
but she would like you to donate the money
可她想要你把这笔钱
to the hot lunch program at South Oak Elementary.
捐给南橡树小学的热午餐项目
Feed the kids. I love a happy ending.
喂养孩子 我喜欢皆大欢喜的结局
Well, great. Our price is $100,000.
很好 我们的价格是十万
I won't go above $50,000.
我不会出到五万块以上
Listen, the donation's tax-deductible.
听着 捐赠是可免税的
You'll practically make back the difference.
这点钱你很快就赚回来了
But, you know, if you're not interested,
可你知道 如果你不感兴趣
I've got two other producers lined up, so --
还有两个制片人等着呢 那我...
You have a deal. Oh, not so fast.
就这么定了 先别着急
I would like consultation rights on who plays me in the movie.
我想要咨♥询♥权 决定谁在电影中饰演我
I have prepared a list of my top-10 choices.
我准备了一份我的十佳选择名单
I think Sandra Bullock --
我觉得桑德拉·布洛克
She's got the humor and the gravitas to really make me pop,
她很幽默 也够庄重 可以凸显我的性格
but Jennifer Lawrence -- I mean, she's delightful,
可是詹尼佛·劳伦斯 她很可爱
so a really close runner-up.
她可以排在第二人选
I'll see what I can do.
我会尽力而为
Stace, are you home?
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表