剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
upon turning 18 next year.
然后脱离福利系统
He's 12.
他才十二岁
The independent living program doesn't start until age 14.
独♥立♥生活计划从十四岁才开始
According to ryan's records, he's 17.
根据莱恩的记录 他十七岁了
Well, that would explain
这解释了
why he hasn't had any prospective parent meetings.
为什么他从来没有与任何准父母会面
If you thought he was 17,
如果你们认为他十七岁了
you would have stopped the matching process three years ago.
三年前你们就会停止配对过程
We migrated our system three years ago from paper to online.
三年前我们从纸质改革为了在线系统
There must have been a data-entry error.
一定是有数据输入错误
I don't have parents because of a mistake?
是因为一个错误我才没有父母的吗
We'd like this fixed immediately.
我们希望能马上纠正这个错误
I'll need to get a copy of his birth certificate from Sacramento.
我需要从萨克拉门托拿到他的出生证明副本
It'll take a few months.
那会需要几个月
unless you want us to drag your department to court,
除非你希望我们将你的部门告上法庭
we want him back on that adoption list
我们希望在今天下班前
by end of business today.
他就重新回到收养名单上
Ryan is a ward of the state,
莱恩在州政♥府♥的监护下
which means he cannot engage a lawyer without my consent.
意味着没有我的同意他不能请律师
And I do not consent.
并且我不同意
I just had a baby.
我刚生了孩子
I have hormones coursing through my body,
现在身体里正母爱泛滥
and if you think you can deter me from helping Ryan,
如果你以为能阻止我帮助莱恩
well, let's just say I can be a real mother --
这么说吧 我会像一个真正的母亲
Okay. Okay.
好了
Your honor, we ask that you lift the injunction
法官大人 我们请求您解除
preventing my client from taking his wife's body
阻止我的委托人从太平间带走
from the mortuary.
他妻子遗体的禁令
As her spouse, he controls where she's buried.
作为她的配偶 他有权决定在何处下葬
Rachel gave her father power of attorney.
瑞秋给了他父亲授权书
Well, true, but in this case,
确实 但在这个案例中
that power of attorney is limited to a life-support directive.
授权书仅限于对维持生命的指示
Rachel didn't want extreme measures
瑞秋不想用极端方式
to be used to extend her life,
来延续生命
and knowing how much her husband loved her,
并且她知道她的丈夫非常爱她
didn't want to put him in a compromised position.
所以不想让他陷入两难的境地
Rachel knew there was a family plot,
瑞秋知道有家族墓地
and if she didn't want to be buried in it,
如果她不想被埋在家族墓地
she should have told her parents when she was lucid.
她会在清醒的时候告诉她的父母
I agree.
我同意
Your honor,
法官大人
the burial in a family plot constitutes an offer,
埋葬在家族墓地构成了一项提议
and that offer wasn't accepted by Rachel.
瑞秋并没有接受这项提议
So, under the law,
所以根据法律
why should she be obligated to reject something
为什么她有义务去拒绝一些
she wasn't obligated to accept in the first place?
她一开始就没有义务接受的事呢
Now, that's ridiculous.
那太可笑了
A lawyers last resort -- an insult.
侮辱是律师的最后一招
Mr. Kent, I am vacating the order.
肯特先生 我会撤销禁令
Your client is granted access to Rachel's body.
你的委托人有权处置瑞秋的遗体
And to all those parties that have suffered a loss,
并且对失去亲人的各方
I am sorry.
我很抱歉
Given that a clerical mistake cost Ryan Hatcher
鉴于文书错误导致莱恩·哈彻
the chance of adoption for the past three years,
在过去的三年都未能被领养
we ask that you consent
我们请求您同意
to my firm's pro bono representation.
我的律所无偿代理莱恩
But doesn't the state represent Ryan?
但不是州政♥府♥在代理莱恩吗
Yes, we do, your honor.
是的 法官大人
Like all children in the system, we are his advocate.
像系统里的所有孩子一样 我们是他的律师
Child services is understaffed, underfunded,
儿童服务部一直人手不够 资金不足
and makes mistakes.
并且还会出错
Why not allow a third party to ease their burden?
为什么不允许第三方来帮助他们减轻压力呢
There have been mistakes,
确实有过错误
but we've also put a roof over his head.
但我们也给他提供了住所
For which we thank the state, but Ryan wants a family.
这一点我们感谢政♥府♥ 但莱恩需要一个家庭
We should have him back on the registry
法官大人 我们会在月底前
by the end of the month, your honor.
让他的名字回到登记名单中
And then what?
然后呢
He's listed with thousands of other kids,
他跟成千上万的孩子在一起
a-a needle in a bureaucratic haystack,
找到家庭的几率像大海捞针
Whereas we will actively seek to find him parents.
而我们会积极帮助他寻找父母
Allowing foster children to get their own lawyers
允许寄养儿童自己找律师
would set a dangerous precedent.
会设下危险的先例
And turning a blind eye to free legal help
而对免费的法律援助视而不见
is a perfect example of how this state fails in loco parentis.
正是政♥府♥没能履行父母般责任的完美例证
I agree, Ms. Kaswell. Thank you.
我同意 卡斯维女士 谢谢您
If you want to represent Ryan, I'm not going to stop you.
如果你想要代理莱恩 我不会阻止你
You are looking at the proud owner of a Rolls-Royce.
你面前是一位骄傲的劳斯莱斯拥有者
Not right now, Paul.
现在不是时候 保罗
Kim has me calling everyone I know
金让我跟所有我认识的
who's ever even considered adoption.
曾经有收养意愿的人打电♥话♥
It's parked in the garage in Jane's spot.
车就停在车♥库♥里简的车位上
Rolls trumps Porsche. She'll understand.
劳斯莱斯胜过保时捷 她会理解的
You bought a Rolls for $100?
你一百美元就买♥♥了劳斯莱斯吗
I met Wendy, the owner -- lovely woman.
我跟车主温蒂见了面 很可爱的女士
I gave her the money, she gave me the keys, and signed the title.
我给她钱 她给我钥匙并签了契约
I offered to come back later for a Rob Roy in the jacuzz,
我邀请她晚会儿在按♥摩♥浴缸里喝一杯
but she has plans.
但她有别的安排了
This is a real title.
这是真的契约
And the owner signed it.
车主还签了字
It's legit.
是合法的
You bought a Rolls for 100 bucks.
你一百块买♥♥了辆劳斯莱斯啊
Pretty people get all the breaks.
漂亮脸蛋能拿到各种好处
With an open heart and a positive attitude,
怀着一颗坦诚的心和积极的态度
anything is possible.
一切皆有可能
Jane. Hold on.
简 稍等
Just need to finish buying this awesome new purse.
正要买♥♥下这个漂亮的手提包
Unless, of course, you're going to forbid me from doing that.
除非 你不许我买♥♥
I just got off the phone with Seth.
我刚跟赛斯通过电♥话♥
He went to the mortuary to pick up his wife's body.
他去太平间取他妻子的遗体
She's gone.
她不见了
What do you mean, "She's gone"?
她不见了是什么意思
His dead wife has been kidnapped.
他的亡妻被绑♥架♥了
How the hell do you lose a body?
你们怎么会弄丢一具尸体
This is totally unacceptable.
这让人无法接受
No, I will sue you, and I will sue your company.
不 我会告你和你的公♥司♥
If you don't find Rachel Coyle by the end of the day,
如果今天你找不到瑞秋·科伊尔的遗体
I will make sure that you are out of business
我会确保你们在本周末
by the end of the week.
就关门歇业
That was a little harsh.
这话有点严厉啊
Well, it's a mortuary, not a dry-cleaners.
那是太平间 不是干洗店
They're supposed to handle bodies with dignity and respect.
他们处理遗体的时候应该带有尊严和尊重
I know what happened.
我知道是怎么回事了
My father-in-law intimidated a staff member at the mortuary
我岳父威胁太平间的工作人员
into turning over Rachel's body to an undertaker.
把瑞秋的遗体交给了殡仪员
An undertaker your in-laws hired?
你岳父岳母聘用的殡仪员吗
Yes.
对
When the owner realized the mistake,
当太平间业主发现犯了错误
he went into panic mode,
他慌了神
which is why he said he couldn't find her.
所以他才说找不到她了
Rachel's body has been moved to another mortuary.
瑞秋的遗体被移到了另一间太平间
So we'll go get her back.
那我们就去把她要回来
Take a look at this.
看看这个吧
Rachel's father convinced the city attorney to intervene
瑞秋的父亲说服市检察院介入
in order to prevent the backyard burial of their daughter.
以阻止他们的女儿被埋在后院
Seth is prohibited from retrieving his wife's body.
赛斯被禁止取回他妻子的遗体
We have to get this before a judge.
我们得上诉到法庭
How's the search for parents going?
领养父母找得怎么样了
Well, I've spoken to every private adoption agency in the state,
我已经跟全州所有的私人领养机构联♥系♥过了
and no one is interested in Ryan.
没有一家想领养莱恩
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表