"Patriss." Rhymes with mattress?
Patriss 和床垫押韵
Oh. G... Oh, that's... okay.
服了 好吧
where are your black dolls?
你们的黑人娃娃在哪呢
Okay, why didn't you just say so?
好吧 为什么你不直说呢
Well, kind of thought I'd just see 'em.
我以为一眼就能看到她们呢
I got you, girl! Okay.
我带你去啊 姐们 好吧
Come on, ladies. Follow me. We're taking a hike.
来吧 女士们 跟上我 要走上一段儿呢
So they're, like...
这么说 她们
separate area.
在其他地方
Ladies, allow me to introduce you to Sassy Sadie
女士们 请允许我向你们介绍靓妞Sadie
and equally Sassy Selma.
和同样很靓的Selma
Okay.
好吧
So, let's see here.
咱们仔细看看
Sassy Sadie -- "Little Sadie Crawford left home
靓妞Sadie "年轻的Sadie Crawford离开了家
with nothing but the clothes on her back
她只带了衣服
and a desire to be free."
和对自♥由♥的渴望"
So, she's a slave? Not anymore.
所以说她是个奴隶 不再是了
She escaped and eventually learned to read... sort of.
她逃出来了 而且最终算是学会了识字
So, she's a runaway slave.
所以说 她是个逃亡的奴隶
Who can read.
而且识字
Okay, so
这么说
you have dozens of disabled...
你们有很多残废的
Ooh, differently abled.
残疾的哦
Fine, differently-abled,
好吧 残疾的
and hundreds of amazingly successful white dolls,
还有几百个卓有成就的白人娃娃
but only two black dolls.
但是只有两个黑人娃娃
African-American.
是非裔美国人
Let's see what the other one is, shall we?
咱们来看看另一个是什么 好吧
Selma -- the Civil Rights leader
Selma 民权运动领袖
who marched on Selma.
曾参与塞尔玛游♥行♥
And that doesn't feel lazy to you?
你不觉得这个介绍太偷懒了吗
Well, she's also a mother of 11.
还有 她也是11个孩子的母亲
11, seriously?
11个 开玩笑吗
So, you think we just keep having kids,
所以说 你认为我们不停地生孩子
just kids on kids on kids?
就是生啊生啊生
Easy, Mom. You're on your fifth.
别激动 妈妈 你都有第五个了
Okay, well, these are basically the same doll,
好吧 这俩基本上就是同一个娃娃
just wearing different clothes!
只不过穿的衣服不同
Oh, that's not true.
不是这样的
Yet they both have lanterns!
两个娃娃还都拿着灯笼
But for different reasons.
但是拿的原因不同哦
Oh, come on.
少来
This is unbelievable!
真是难以置信
You know what sounds unbelievable right now?
你知道现在什么听起来难以置信吗
A nice cold Orange Julius.
一份冰凉美味的鲜果露
Okay, no, I'm not done. I'm not done, sweetheart.
不行 我还没完事呢 还没完事呢 宝贝
I am just a little girl,
我只是个小女孩
and it would be embarrassing for both of us
如果我必须要把你拽出去的话
if I had to drag you out.
咱俩都会很尴尬的
Well, let me tell you I have not even begun to be embarrassing.
我告诉你 我还可一丁点儿都没觉得尴尬
In the words of the great Maya Ang--
伟大的Maya Angelou曾经说
Hey! Oh, you are strong! I will be back! Ow!
嘿 哇 你还真强壮 我会回来的 痛
Hey. How was your day?
嘿 今天过得怎么样
I, um...
我 呃
went a little bit crazy at GirlStory.
在女孩故事那发了一点点飙
She recited Maya Angelou's "Phenomenal Woman"
出来时她一路上都在背诵Maya Angelou的<非凡女人>
all the way out to Sunglass Hut.
一直背到去太阳镜小屋
In her Maya Angelou voice? You know it.
还用她Maya Angelou式的嗓音吗 肯定的啊
That store only has two black dolls -- two.
那个商店里只有两个黑人娃娃 就两个
And they're not doctors.
而且还都不是医生
One's a slave, and one's a Selma.
一个是奴隶 另一个是民权运动领袖
Selma! I'm outraged!
民权运动领袖是什么鬼啊 我都要崩溃了
You know, you look so cute when you're outraged.
你知道不 你崩溃的样子特别可爱
Oh, come on.
哦 少来啦
That is the one thing that reminds me
这种时候才让我想起来
that you're black...
你是黑人
this, and when you send your food back.
还有你退餐的时候
I'm sorry to complain, but I wasn't expecting garbage.
我也不想投诉 但是我点的可不是垃圾
That's how we made this baby.
这娃就是这么来的
Seriously, this is not funny.
正经点 一点不好笑好吗
Well... This is a big deal.
好吧 这是个严肃的问题
The images that we see affect who we are...
我们的所见会影响我们的为人
and who we aspire to become.
还会影响我们的将来
I mean, it's bad enough we didn't have role models growing up,
我们的成长过程中没有榜样已经很糟了
but we made it past that.
我们还得过且过了
We made it through.
我们就这么认了
But we have role models now, Dre...
但是我们现在有榜样了 Dre
doctors, lawyers, movie stars.
医生 律师 电影明星
Our kids seeing themselves reflected in our culture is important.
让孩子能从我们自己的文化里找到共鸣 这很重要
Yes, I know this, Bow.
是的 我知道 Bow
Do you think I need to see Viola Davis snot-cry
你以为我想看<逍遥法外>女主Viola Davis
every episode of "How To Get Away With Murder"?
每集哭得鼻涕一把泪一把吗
I don't, but the kids do,
我不想 但是孩子们得看
to see that they can be whatever it is they want to be.
这样他们才能明白自己潜力无限
Right. Except now, Jack wants to be an actor.
没错 但事与愿违 Jack现在只想当演员
You're innocent! I know it!
你是清白的 我就知道
Whatever, Dre. Images matter.
不管怎么说 Dre 所见真的很重要
That's why your job is so important,
所以你的工作太重要了
and I do not say that enough.
再怎么强调都不为过
No, you don't.
你还真不怎么强调
You normally say the opposite,
你平常说的和这完全相反
and it's normally followed up with,
然后紧接着你就还会说
"You know, I save lives.
"你知道 我救死扶伤
And you, Dre, you promote empty consumerism."
而你呢 Dre 你只会助长浮躁的消费主义之风"
Well, not today. Dre, I'm proud of you.
今天不提这个 Dre 我为你骄傲
You effect change in a real and tangible way.
你是切切实实地在改变一切呢
Yes. I do do that, don't I?
是啊 一点儿不假
Don't get ahead of yourself. I...
别说你胖你就喘上了 我
I save lives.
我救死扶伤
You make ads.
你只是个做广♥告♥的
I'm a doctor.
我可是医生
Unbelievable.
难以置信啊
Hey, Dre, good news.
嘿 Dre 好消息
Boxable wants to fast-track your campaign for this summer!
"帮你包"公♥司♥想在今夏就启用你的宣传策划
Great. We're not doing it.
哦 这广♥告♥得换
It's garbage. What?
根本就是垃圾 你说什么
I can't do the spot with an all-white family.
我不能用一个全是白人的家庭来做广♥告♥
Oh, my God. Buckle up, everyone.
哦天啊 系好安全带 各位
Time to board the S. S. GuiltTrip.
要开始<纠结之旅>了
I feel like this is gonna be about Katrina.
我觉得更像是要大谈特谈卡特里娜飓风事件
No, but that is a story that needs to be told.
不是 但是飓风事件确实需要说说
No, uh, well, maybe.
别 哎 好吧 或许吧
Boxable is looking for the gold standard.
"帮你包"寻求黄金标准
Who's to say that black people can't be the gold standard?
谁说黑人就不能是黄金标准呢
Dre's right.
Dre说得对
What make you think we don't wanna open up a box of presents
你以为我们就不想打开箱子一看里面全是礼物
and laugh about how good life is?
然后笑谈生活多美好吗
Oh, life.
生活多美好
This is my snifter, 'cause I like to drink cognac
我假装自己拿着白兰地酒杯 因为我喜欢在拆完箱子
when I open boxes and make valid points.
还提出合理观点后 来点儿干邑(白兰地的一种)
Okay, Dre, the gold standard --
Dre 黄金标准
it suggests success, dependability,
指的是成功 可靠
shirts tucked into pants.
衬衫塞进裤子里
Dre, it's just one commercial.
Dre 不过就是个广♥告♥而已
It's not just one commercial.
不只是一个广♥告♥这么简单
In the beginning, it was almost every commercial.
首先 几乎每个广♥告♥里都全是白人
A-And things -- they got better,
虽然现在有所改善
but we can't assume that progress is permanent.
但是我们不能认为这种进步是永久性的
White is the default,
白人是被默认的
unless someone chooses to move the ball forward.
除非有人主动去推动进步
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表