"DeVonte" is the name
"DeVonte"是
of the least important member of Jodeci.
Jodeci乐队里最不重要的成员的名字
No!
才不是
The least important member of Jodeci
Jodeci乐队最不重要的成员
was Mr. Dalvin... No.
叫Dalvin先生 才怪
...and you know that. No, I don't!
你清楚得很 不 我不清楚
There's a different reason
肯定还有其他的原因
that you don't like the name "DeVonte."
让你不喜欢"DeVonte"这个名字
What?
是什么
Yep.
没错
It's because it's too black.
因为这个名字太黑人化了
Thank you, Mama.
谢谢你 妈妈
And she's right.
而且她是对的
Thank you, Mama.
谢谢你 妈妈
Oh, my God.
哦 我的天哪
That doesn't even sound right coming out of your mouth.
听着真不像从你嘴里冒出来的
Well, I felt it. Listen, listen, listen.
我可是发自内心的 听着 听着 听着
Those made-up names are a travesty.
这些自造的名字就是个笑话
You need to give that boy a strong name
你得给这个男孩取个强硬点儿的名字
something powerful, biblical.
一个充满力量又神圣的名字
Something that won't give away the fact that he's black
那种让你听不出他是黑人的名字
until you hear him talking on the phone.
除非你听到他打电♥话♥
Now, you know we can tell if somebody's black on the phone.
你知道我们能从打电♥话♥的口气判断一个人是不是黑人
Yeah, we can always tell. You can tell.
是的 屡试不爽 确实
That's true. How about "Michael,"
千真万确 "Michael"怎么样
or "Christopher."
或者"Christopher"
Hell, I'd even take a "Dustin."
叫"Dustin"我也认了
Just nothing too ghetto, y'all.
只要听起来不那么穷酸
Okay, well, I want a strong, Black name.
好吧 我想要一个强硬的黑人名字
Oh, boy.
天哪
Okay, because we've given our kids White names,
因为我们给孩子们起的都是白人名字
and they've all ended up "Blackish." What?
结果他们都变成"混血黑人"了 啥玩意儿
Dre I just want at least one of my kids
Dre 我只是想至少能有一个孩子
to end up being Black,
可以变成纯正的黑人
so I could love him.
这样我就能宠着他
What?
咋了
We were just coming downstairs to see
我们只是下楼看看
if there was any cake left.
有没有吃剩的蛋糕
But I guess we'll just eat our sadness instead.
不过我看蛋糕就免了 我们还是享用悲伤吧
Hi, everybody.
嘿 兄弟们
My wife's dumb dream was wrong.
我老婆那蠢梦错了
We are having a boy.
我们怀的是男孩
Congratulations!
恭喜啊
Yeah, so smoke up
让我们抽上一口
in honor of my future son, DeVonte.
为了我未来的儿子DeVonte
Oh, boy.
不是吧
So you're doing that, huh?
看来你真要这么做了
What?
怎么了
You're not gonna even go, like,
你都没有考虑过像
"Vernon" Or "Marcus" Or "Leon"?
"Vernon" "Marcus" 或者"Leon"这些名字
Just going straight to
直奔主题 就选了
NFL free safety Black-name territory, huh?
橄榄球联盟里最保险的黑人名字
I don't know about that name.
我不是很懂为什么起这名儿
If I'm on a plane and I hear
如果我在飞机上听见
"Welcome aboard,
"欢迎登机
I'm your captain DeVonte Johnson,"
我是你们的机长DeVonte Johnson"
I'm no longer aboard.
我立马下飞机
Word? Word.
你说真的吗 真的
Dre, "DeVonte" Sounds like two names played chicken
Dre "DeVonte"听起来就像两个名字在对峙
and nobody won.
最后两败俱伤
Yeah, you guys have a lot of names like that,
你们黑人有很多这样的名字
like, uh, "Shaniqua."
像"Shaniqua"
"Montell." "D'Brickashaw."
"Montell" "D'Brickashaw"
"NyQuil."
"NyQuil"
Do you hear how racist you both sound?
你们知道自己说的话种族歧视很严重吗
Those are real names. I was just making a point.
这些都是真名 我就是想证明我的观点
Facts. Well, growing up,
都是事实啊 我以前
I did have a friend by the name of "NyQuil."
还真有个朋友叫"NyQuil"
He was always sniffing and sneezing,
他一天到晚吸鼻子 打喷嚏
coughing, stuffyheaded Charlie,
咳嗽 头昏脑涨的 Charlie
you did not have a friend named that.
你根本就没叫"NyQuil"的朋友
Yeah. Sometimes I lie.
好吧 有时候我会撒点小谎
Seriously, guys, you don't get it, do you?
不会吧 各位 你们都没搞懂我的意思吧
You remember "Roots"?
记得<根>吗
Remember?
记得才怪
I'm proud to say I never saw it.
我很自豪地告诉你 我都没看过
Charlie, you saw "Roots," Right?
Charlie 你看过<根> 对吧
You know I did, Black man.
你知道我肯定看过啊 黑人兄弟
Ah, no you didn't.
不 你没看过
I did not, Black man.
我没看过 黑人兄弟
Okay, look.There's a scene in the movie where Kunta Kinte
好吧 听着 剧里有一个场景是 主角Kunta Kinte
Oh, what is that? I don't know what that is.
他是谁 我没听说过
LeVar Burton? Oh, "Reading Rainbow."
LeVar Burton呢 是<彩虹读读乐>主持人
Reading Rainbow <彩虹读读乐> 美国一个儿童教育节目
LeVar Burton 美国黑人演员 在<根>里扮演Kunta Kinte小时候
The Black dude from "Star Trek."
<星际迷航>里的那个黑人
Okay, look, Levar Burton is forced to
听着 LeVar Burton(的角色)被迫
give up his African name
放弃他的非洲名字
and take the slave name "Toby."
然后改叫奴隶名"Toby"
All right, Black people were brought over here,
懂了吧 黑人被带到美国
and when we were, we were robbed of our African names.
与此同时 我们的非洲名字被剥夺了
So when we got the chance
所以当我们有机会
to take control of our destiny
去掌控我们的命运时
we started by taking control of our names.
我们先从掌控自己的名字开始
Yes, sir. The Black Muslims did it first
没错 黑人穆♥斯♥林♥最先开始这样做
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Muhammad Ali.
拳王Muhammad Ali
Yes, sir. Then there was the Black nationalists
没错 接下来是黑人♥民♥族主义者
and Afrocentrists
和非洲中心论主义者
Amiri Baraka
Amiri Baraka
Kwame Ture
Kwame Ture
Over the years,
这么多年来
we, uh, got a little creative,
我们还做了一点点创新
and you got the names Michel'le and God Shammgod.
你们知道的有Michel'le和God Shammgod.
God Shammgod 美国前职业篮球运动员
Michel'le 美国著名黑人女歌♥手
But... That's not real.
不过 你就编吧
we are also the people that gave you jazz and hip-hop,
是我们给你们带来爵士乐和说唱
so back off.
所以你们别搀和
He's right.
他是对的
We have nothing to be ashamed of.
我们没什么好羞耻的
And for now on,
现在开始
you will know me by my true name --
告诉你们我的真名
King Charlemagne Fatback Telphy the Third.
King Charlemagne Fatback Telphy三世
Oh, okay.
好吧
Hey, Shelly.
嘿 Shelly
I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday.
我想为自己昨天的行为跟你道歉
You're really beautiful and cool and I'm not,
你又漂亮又酷 但我很土
but I listened to my little brother,
我就听了我弟弟的建议
and I shouldn't have,
我就不该听他的
because I've never seen him with a girl,
因为我从来没看过他和女孩儿在一起
and I'm pretty sure he still wears Pull-ups.
而且我很确定他还在穿拉拉裤
Oh, uh, those are just disposable sleep shorts.
那是一次性睡眠短裤
Anyway, like I was saying, I'm sorry.
不管怎样 我只想说 对不起
Now you can go back to ignoring me.
现在你可以继续无视我了
Wait a second.
等一下
What if I don't want to ignore you?
如果我不想无视你呢
What?! Shelly, ew!
什么 Shelly
And, Junior, don't you have to go text
还有你 Junior 你怎么还不给
your super-serious, super-annoying girlfriend?
你那超级严肃 超级烦人的女朋友发短♥信♥
Girlfriend?
女朋友
Actually, we've talked,
事实上 我们已经谈过了
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表