不要搭理这些人
Hold on. Who is saying this stuff?
等等 谁会说这些话啊
People.
就人们呗
Thanks, but I think I'll be fine.
多谢安慰 我觉得我会没事儿的
Okay.
好吧
I've got a job to do.
我还有工作要做
Oh, boy.
哦 天啊
You're "People," Aren't you?
你就是"人们" 对吧
It's Mommy's job to be "People."
母亲的责任就是当这些"人们"
To be honest, I was annoyed
说实话 我挺生气的
that Bow would even ask me to help Zoey.
Bow居然会让我去帮Zoey
I didn't use nepotism to get to where I am.
我可不是靠裙带关系才走到今天这一步的
Why should my kids?
为什么我的孩子却要找关系
You're right, Dre.
你说得对 Dre
Nepotism is disgusting.
裙带关系令我恶心
I mean, whatever happened to good, old-fashioned
优秀的 传统的职业道德
strong work ethic.
都到哪儿去了
Exactly.
说得对
Take my little Connie --
看看我们家的Connie
Now, he's not just gonna have the CEO position handed to him.
CEO的位置可不是就在那儿等着他的
Damn straight.
说的没错
But...I am definitely gonna be CEO.
但是 我肯定是要当CEO的
Of course. You're my son.
必须的 你可是我儿子
But you are gonna have to work your way up
但是你得从高级副总裁做起
from Senior Vice President.
努力工作升上去
Hold up. I worked here 10 years before I became SVP.
等会儿 我在这里工作了十年才当上的副总裁
He's SVP?
他也是个高级副总吗
Just of the urban stuff, sweetheart.
只是分管都市风的副总
I want that, too.
我也想管那个
Mm...no, you don't.
不 你不想
I only used nepotism once --
我只动用过一次裙带关系
to make out with my cousin.
为了跟我的表姐亲热
No, Josh, that's incest.
不 Josh 这是乱♥伦♥
No, it's not.
不 才不是
We were on Martha's Vineyard,
我们在玛莎红酒园
and she was getting divorced.
而且那时候她在办离婚
Disgusting.
真是恶心
I feel ya, Dre.
我懂你 Dre
I went from working at Pan Am
我在泛美航♥空♥上过班
to slinging burgers at a drive-in.
去得来速卖♥♥过汉堡
Roller-skated up to Janis Joplin.
还卖♥♥给过詹尼丝·乔普林
She asked me to hold the onions.
她让我少放点洋葱
Man, I put a gang of onions on there.
我可是放了不少洋葱
Trying to tell me what to do.
她居然想教我怎么干活
Pan Am and Janis Joplin -- Charlie, how old are you?
泛美航♥空♥还有詹尼丝·乔普林 Charlie 你到底几岁了
Between 39 and 72.
39到72岁之间吧
What? I wasn't allowed
什么鬼 我没看过
to see my birth certificate --
我的出生证明
something about my father not wanting me to know who he was.
好像是我爸不想让我知道他到底是谁
But the most important thing is
但最重要的是
I became something -- Junior Account Manager.
我成功了 成了初级客户经理
I work hard for everything that I got --
我的一切都是努力工作得来的
My Buick LeSabre, my book of CDs, my TV.
我的别克车 我的碟 我的电视
Well, almost my TV --
好吧 电视可能还不算
Only 30 more payments to the rental place.
还欠租赁行三十多期贷款没还
But at least I can say I don't owe anyone anything.
但至少我可以说我不欠任何人的
Except your ex-wife.
除了欠你前妻
And the government.
欠政♥府♥
And that rental place.
还有欠租赁行
And me for lunch yesterday.
还欠我昨天的午饭钱
Damn.
我勒个去
I owe a lot of people.
我欠太多人钱了
Dre, when I die, buy me a headstone, all right?
Dre 如果我死了 给我买♥♥个墓碑 行吗
Don't -- Don't let them bury me in the field.
不要让他们把我埋在田里
Field funerals aren't fun -- too many flies.
埋在田里太糟糕了 全是苍蝇
And then it hit me --
然后这点醒了我
All the white guys at work had gotten ahead using nepotism,
这些白人靠裙带关系才获得晋升
while Charlie is still paying off a $17,000 television.
Charlie依然要偿还一台价值一万七的电视
I couldn't let that happen to Zoey.
我不能让这种事发生在Zoey身上
Before you ask, yes,
在你问之前 回答你 是的
my knitting club is making little bags
我的编织俱乐部在制♥作♥一些袋子
to cover broken parking meters,
去盖住那些坏了的停车收费器
and, yes, it was my idea.
而且 没错 这是我的主意
What's wrong with you?
你怎么样
I went to work,
我去工作
brought love and light to kids,
为孩子们带来爱和欢乐
then I saw some things --
然后我看见了些事情
things I can never unsee.
一些我忘记不掉的事
Hey, hey! You don't dump old fries.
嘿 嘿 你不能把过期的薯条倒掉
You marry them.
得把它们混在一起
But the customer licked the salt off
但是顾客们把盐舔掉
and put them back on their plate.
把这些留在盘子里
Then they're low in sodium.
那就是低钠薯条了
We're doing God's work.
我们在帮助顾客
And that's not even the worst of it.
并且这还不是最糟的
You know Pizza Possum's best-selling food item,
你知道负鼠披萨卖♥♥得最好的食品
the Possum Blossom?
负鼠米花
You assume it's just a whimsical name.
你以为是随便起的名吗
It is not.
不是的
Corporate America -- Anything to cut a corner.
企业美♥利♥坚♥ 坑人无极限
I'm going to shower. I feel dirty.
我要去洗澡 我感觉好脏
Ain't a loofah big enough to wash your conscience.
任何浴花都不足以洗清你的良知
Oh, hey, Junior.
哦 嘿 Junior
How's it going down at the P.P.?
在鼠披的工作如何
Did you have to use that fancy key?
你有用那把牛逼的钥匙吗
Did you play in the ball pit?
你有在球坑里玩过吗
Yep! All of that!
当然 所有都做过
Best job ever!
最好的工作了
Awesome!
太酷了
Now go do your homework, and whatever you do,
现在做你的作业去 无论做什么
don't look up their Yelp reviews.
千万不要看Yelp上的点评
Yay!
好
They're so innocent.
他们还太小太纯洁
They'd never understand the truth.
他们永远没法理解真♥相♥
But you do.
但你很清楚
You do.
心知肚明
Zoey, I have the greatest news.
Zoey 我有个天大的好消息
Is it that you didn't go out in that romper?
是你没穿着这身连体衣出去吗
That's definitely not it. Ask anyone at my school.
肯定不是的 不信去问我学校任何一个人
Okay, what I was saying is that...
好吧 我想说的是
...I got you an internship at the hospital!
我帮你争取到了医院实习
I mean, I had to give up my parking space,
我不得不放弃我的停车位
but I was, like, one patient death away
不过反正在我手里再死一个病人
from losing it anyway, so...
这停车位也要上交了 所以
You're amazing!
你真的太棒了
Thanks, Mom! Yay!
谢谢你 妈妈 耶
Hey, everybody.
嘿 大家注意
I have some great news.
我有些好消息要宣布
What, that you didn't wear those shoes all day long?
是啥 你没一整天都穿着那双鞋吗
Mom, that's mean.
妈妈 这太刻薄了
No, I That's a shame.
不 我 真是羞愧
I pulled some strings with a client,
我和一个顾客牵了线
and I got Zoey a fellowship
帮Zoey找了个实习
at Teen Vogue.
在<少女时尚>
Oh, my God! Wait... Hey!
天啊 等 喂喂
Sorry, Mom. It's Teen Vogue.
对不起 妈妈 可是这是<少女时尚>
I was gonna find a way out of your gross internship anyway.
我迟早会从你给的糟糕实习中想办法脱身的
Hey, mine's gross, too, all right?
嘿 我给的你实习也很糟糕
You're starting in the mailroom --
你先从收发室开始
rock bottom.
最底层
Still better than the top of the hospital.
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表