the JaMarcuses, and the DeQuans.
叫JaMarcuse的 还有叫DeQuan的 都是黑人名字
Hey, look, those names reflect who we are.
这些名字代表着我们的出身
And the only reason we're not naming our son DeVonte
而我们不给儿子取名DeVonte的唯一原因
is so people won't know right away that he's Black.
就是不让人们一下子就知道他是黑人
I hate the fact that when something is Black,
我讨厌人们一见到黑人
the world sees it as bad.
就觉得有哪里不好
Me, too.
我也是
So, if we're gonna raise our baby
如果我们要教育这孩子
to be proud of who he is,
为自己的出身感到自豪
we can't be afraid to give him a name that says
我们就不能害怕给他取一个
"This is who I am."
代表了他的出身的名字
You're right.
你说得对
He shouldn't have to hide.
他没必要遮遮掩掩的
And you know what?
你知道吗
If he crosses paths with somebody
如果他遇到
that judges him because of his name,
因为他的名字就看轻他的人
then he doesn't want that person in his life.
那他的人生中也不需要这种人
Exactly. No.
没错 绝对不要
Oh! Foot. Foot.
噢 宝宝踢我了
Foot. Right there.
踢了 就是那儿
Oh, look at baby DeVonte.
看看小宝宝DeVonte
Okay.
好吧
If you want to name our baby after the third fiddle
如果你想给宝宝取个和90年代
of the fifth most important R&B band of the '90s --
排在第五位的R&B乐队里无关紧要的成员一样的名儿
Fifth?! The fifth.
才第五 第五
Fifth?! Boyz II Men...
才第五吗 前面还有Boyz II Men
Okay, don't let it get you off track, Dre. Bell Biv DeVoe...
冷静 别被她带跑了 Bell Biv DeVoe
I love the name.
我喜欢这个名字
Then I love the name.
那我也喜欢
Okay? Okay.
好吗 好的
So, DeVonte? DeVonte.
就叫DeVonte咯 就叫DeVonte
Good. DeVonte. You know what?
太好了 DeVonte 你知道吗
He's gonna be able to do whatever he wants anyway,
他将来想做什么都可以
'cause he's our kid.
因为他是我们的孩子
He's gonna have my brain,
他会遗传我的头脑
and he's gonna have your...
还会遗传你的
My looks? Ye... Uh...
我的英俊吧 这个 呃
Your angry charm! You know what?
你生气时的魅力 你这么一说
I am charming when I'm angry.
我生气时确实很有魅力呢
The most.
那时候最有魅力
All right.
那就这样
He will have the middle name Matthew.
他的中间名要叫Matthew
Yes. Yes.
好 说好了
Solid Whitesounding backup. Very important.
用白人名字当备用 这很重要
Ahh! DeVonte Matthew,
DeVonte Matthew
I think you're my favorite!
你是我的最爱
You are my favorite!
最喜欢你啦
I expect that from him, but from you Mother?
他说这话也就算了 妈妈你也这么说
Stings.
心痛
Oh, there you are. I got the movie ready.
你来啦 我已经选好了电影
Come on! Ohh, just got a text from Shelly.
一起看吧 我刚收到Shelly的短♥信♥
We're going out.
我们要出去玩
Sorry, kiddo. Next time.
不好意思啦 小妹妹 下次吧
Stupid Diane.
Diane你真傻
This is what you get for opening up your heart.
敞开自己的心 就换来这个下场
One is vanilla, one is french vanilla.
一个香草味 一个法式香草味
I'm not sure which is which.
我不确定哪个是哪个
I bought them for a night that will not materialize.
我为这个真情流露的夜晚买♥♥的
Thanks.
谢谢
What are we watching?
我们要看什么
Trampoline accidents. All right.
蹦床事故合集 好吧
Come here, daddy!
爸爸 过来
Watch! Watch this!
快看 快看
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表