剧集 | 美国花花公子(2017) | 导航列表
我们很容易聊到一块,
it was very easy to
discuss this together
说所有这一切都是多么错误,
and say how wrong this
all was, because we both,
我们一样感同身受,
尽管我有着天主教的家庭背景,
we felt the same way,
despite my Catholic background
还有他的新教♥徒♥背景。
and his background.
嗯,我们发现彼此有许多相似的看法。
And um, we found we had a
lot of the same attitudes.
[休.海夫纳]分享观点使我们更亲密...
[Hugh Hefner] Our shared
views brought us closer...
情感上和身体上都是。
both emotionally and physically.
我和米莉的恋爱故事,
那就是一段超长的前戏,
My romance with Millie, then,
was an extended, uh, foreplay
一直到她从大学毕业。
until she graduated from college.
我们第一次做♥爱♥是1948年的夏天。
We had sex for the first
time the summer of '48.
我已经22岁了。
I would've been 22.
[休.海夫纳]毕业后几个月...
[Hugh Hefner] A few
months after graduation...
那个时候,我做了每个人都会做的事情。
I did what everyone
else did in those days.
我向我的校园甜心求婚。
I proposed to my college sweetheart.
[电影中的女人]我们应该要彼此信任。
[woman in film] And we should
be able to trust one another.
[电影中的男人]别不当回事...
[man in film] Don't smile it away...
[休.海夫纳]但某天晚上...
[Hugh Hefner] But then one night...
米莉扔下一颗重磅炸♥弹♥。
Millie dropped a bombshell.
[电影中的男人]你对一个
烂作家的少女情怀,
[man in film] You were in
love with a schoolgirl notion
让你迷上了他!
of a popular novelist!
米莉。
Millie.
米莉!
Millie!
这是怎么回事?
What was that about?
我想回家。
I just want to go home.
你还好吗?
Everything okay?
[休.海夫纳]那晚...
[Hugh Hefner] That night...
米莉告诉我她出轨了。
Millie told me she had an affair.
我们可以回家吗?
Can we please go home?
我完全傻了眼。
I was completely blindsided.
♪ 你告诉我♪
♪ You told me ♪
♪ 你要离开我♪
♪ That you would leave me ♪
♪ 独自泪流♪
♪ Here in tears ♪
♪你已离去,我度日如年♪
♪ Now you're gone and
hours seem like years ♪
[休.海夫纳]那一刻
犹如我生命中的晴天霹雳。
[Hugh Hefner] Nothing in my life
had prepared me for that moment.
我彻底的垮掉了。
I was just absolutely devastated.
可能很难想象,
It may be difficult to imagine,
这种事会发生在《花♥花♥公♥子♥》
杂♥志♥创始人身上。
related to the publisher
of Playboy magazine.
但我和我生命中唯一的女人
非常亲密,
But I had been intimate with
only one woman in my life,
那是我想娶的女人。
the woman I was gonna marry.
我真不知道怎么办。
How I dealt with it,
I don't really know.
我只能以某种方式,
I just dealt with it
by, I think somehow,
将它抛到脑后。
putting it out of my mind.
♪你去了哪里♪
♪ Where did you go ♪
[休.海夫纳]在这之后,就是1950年代。
[Hugh Hefner] This was,
after all, the 1950s.
然后,你和你所爱的女人结婚了,
And back then, you married
the girl you were in love with,
无论发生过什么。
no matter what.
但说实话,我依然爱着米莉。
And, truth be told, I was
still in love with Millie.
♪ 强尼♪
♪ Johnny ♪
♪ 强尼,你还太年轻♪
♪ Johnny, you're too young ♪
♪但我要结婚了 ♪
♪ But I'm gonna get married ♪
♪ 你太年轻♪
♪ You're so young ♪
♪ 她会冠上我的姓♪
♪ My name she'll carry ♪
[休.海夫纳]我们的婚礼
是在1949年的夏天。
[Hugh Hefner] Our wedding
was in the summer of '49.
♪ 强尼,你太聪明♪
♪ Johnny, you're so smart ♪
[休.海夫纳]我们的生活
前途一片光明。
[Hugh Hefner] We had our
whole lives ahead of us.
在1951年1月...
And in January of 1951...
那是个大事件。
That's great news.
...我找到了梦想中的工作。
... I landed my dream job.
我只是在广♥告♥部写写文案,
I'd just be writing copy
in the ad department,
但那是为我最喜欢的杂♥志♥工作...
but I'd be working for
my favorite magazine...
♪ 点燃我灵魂的火光♪
♪ It sets my soul on fire ♪
[休.海夫纳]...《时尚先生》。
[Hugh Hefner] ... Esquire.
♪ 为什么每次她离开我♪
♪ How come every time she leave me ♪
[休.海夫纳]这是我
得以发挥某些创造性的机会。
[Hugh Hefner] This was my
chance to do something creative.
♪ 强尼,你还太年轻♪
♪ ... too young to marry ♪
♪ 但不要隐藏一颗痛楚的心♪
♪ But not to hide an aching heart ♪
[打字机声]
[typewriters clacking]
[休.海夫纳]但我很快认识到,
[Hugh Hefner] But I quickly realized
这不是我想象的那样。
it wasn't what I'd imagined.
《时尚先生》已经变了。
Esquire had changed.
[大卫.格兰杰,《时尚先生》主编]
1950年代是《时尚先生》
有点走下坡路的时期。
[David Granger] The 1950's was
kind of a down period for Esquire.
我认为可能是到某种影响,
I think they were probably reeling
那时第二次世界大战硝烟未散,
from the end of World War II
是一个更压抑的社会的开端,
and the beginnings of a
more repressive society
也许更加趋于保守主义。
and probably tended toward
being a little more conservative.
[休.海夫纳]他们脱离了所有那些
[Hugh Hefner] They'd moved
away from all the things
指引我成长的东西。
I'd been drawn to growing up.
整版漫画,笑话,
The full-page cartoons, the jokes,
还有最重要的,海报女郎。
and most of all, the pin-up girls.
结果这个工作让人♥大♥失所望。
The job turned out to
be a huge disappointment.
当他们拒绝我
And when they refused my request
5美元的加薪要求...
for a five dollar raise...
我辞职了。
I quit.
但1952年一切又大不相同了...
But everything changed in 1952...
♪ 你无比可爱♪
♪ You couldn't be cuter ♪
[休.海夫纳]...当米莉生下
[Hugh Hefner] ... when Millie gave birth
我们的第一个孩子。
to our first child.
♪加上那聪明的脸蛋♪
♪ Plus that intelligent face ♪
[休.海夫纳]我们给她起名克里斯蒂。
[Hugh Hefner] We named her Christie.
♪...吸引着我♪
♪ ... charm for me ♪
[休.海夫纳]当我喜欢上
做父亲的感觉...
[Hugh Hefner] And while
I loved being a father...
突然,我发现自己要供养一个家庭。
suddenly, I had a family to provide for.
♪你是我小小的冠军奖杯♪
♪ You are the little grand slam ♪
♪我要把它带回家里♪
♪ I'll bring to my family ♪
[休.海夫纳]我需要找一份工作...
[Hugh Hefner] And I
needed to find a job...
...任何工作...越快越好。
... any job... as quickly as possible.
因此我接受了一个出版社的低级职位...
So I took a low-level position
at a publishing house...
处理各种数字,努力增加销♥售♥。
crunching numbers and
trying to improve sales.
但这份工作真是乏味透顶。
But the job was about as
mind-numbing as it gets.
日复一日...
And, as time went on...
我意识到再这样下去,
我就会泯然众人矣。
I realized I'd become
just one of the masses.
[帕蒂.法莫,撰稿人]
1950年代是一个保守主义的时代。
[Patty Farmer] The 1950's
was a time of conformity.
人生的基本流程是...你上学,
The course was set
out... you went to school,
你结婚,你生孩子,
you got married, you had children,
剧集 | 美国花花公子(2017) | 导航列表