有个育种专家今天要来 一个叫索斯威克的女人
There's a top breeder coming today, woman called Southwick,
她说她可能有意购买♥♥
says she might be interested.
如果克莱夫拿了头奖 我们就能卖♥♥个好价钱
If Clive takes first prize, we could get a really good price.
祝好运
Good luck.
其实我想请你为它做担♥保♥来着
In fact, I was hoping I could ask you to vouch for him,
说它一切健康 如果真的要卖♥♥的话
you know, give him a clean bill of health, if the deal goes ahead.
当然 我很乐意
Of course, I'd be happy to.
太棒了
Wonderful.
我得去找我爸爸了
I'd best go and find my dad.
老克莱夫不是磨蹭了一阵才跟多布森的母牛交♥配♥吗
Wasn't old Clive a little bit slow off the mark with Dobson's cows?
没什么是那一针睾丸酮不能解决的
Nothing a shot of testosterone didn't sort out.
那头牛赢头奖的话 可以卖♥♥一大笔钱
If that bull wins first prize, could go for a fortune.
毫无疑问他们需要这笔钱
God knows they need it.
只要你觉得没问题就行
So long as you're confident there's no problem.
给克莱夫打过睾丸酮之后
After the testosterone was administered
它就开始"务正业"了
Clive did start doing his business.
不 我知道
No, I know, I know.
哪怕被人看出克莱夫有一丝
Just the moment there's even the slightest hint
不适合用来育种的迹象
that Clive's no good for breeding,
它就没用了
he'd be practically worthless,
只能被卖♥♥到屠宰场换两个钱了
off to the knacker's yard for pennies.
也许我应该再给它打一针
Maybe I should give him another once over?
你已经告诉海伦你会为它担♥保♥了
Well, you've already told Helen you'll vouch for him.
好了 来吧
Now, come on, enough of this,
你忽略本职工作已经够久的了
you've been neglecting your real duties for far too long already.
这才像话
That's more like it.
你这么早就开喝
You're starting early.
我的好朋友需要强大的心理防线来面对这一天
My good friend here needs fortification for the day ahead.
等你准备好 我们还要再点两杯
So, we'll be wanting two more when you're ready.
悠着点
Steady on.
你知道我在值班
You know I'm on duty.
所以趁有机会你就得赶紧喝
That's why you need to get them in while you have the chance.
你收到邀请了吗
So, have you had your invitation yet?
什么邀请
What invitation?
跟她父母吃晚饭
Tea with the parents.
既然你留下来了
Now you're sticking around,
她会希望你们的关系更认真一些
she'll be expecting things to get a little more serious.
什么 玛姬吗
What? Maggie?
不了吧
I don't think so.
哈利先生 能不能耽误你两分钟
Mr Herriot, could you spare a minute?
是跟动物有关的事 我想听听你的看法
It's a veterinary matter, I'd value your opinion.
不能等等吗
Can't it wait?
抱歉 崔斯 兽医的本职工作
Sorry, Tris, vet business.
天 它真漂亮啊
My, she's a little beauty, isn't she?
一头深色的花毛短角牛
A dark roan shorthorn.
骨盆够宽
Nice wide pelvis.
乳♥房♥♥也均匀
Level udder.
它是顶好的纯种牛
She's a lovely pedigree specimen.
这种奶牛不便宜的 拉德先生
You know, a cow like this doesn't come cheap, Mr Rudd.
那肯定了
That she doesn't.
但有了你的认可和推荐
But with your say so and recommendation...
我们也存了点钱
We've been putting some by.
我的确是想投资一头优质的种牛
And I would like to make the investment in a good breeder.
说不定5年后 我们就有纯种牛群了
You know, five year from now, we could have a pedigree herd.
那么 如果是你会买♥♥下它吗
So, would you buy her?
我会的
I would.
你刚才是在外面和迪克·拉德聊天吗
Was that Dick Rudd I saw you talking to out there?
他叫我去看看一头纯种母牛
He asked me to look over a pedigree cow
他在考虑要不要买♥♥
he was thinking of buying.
这说明他高度重视你的专业建议
A testament to his high regard for your professional opinion.
我能问你个事吗
Can I ask you something?
一头公牛得注射睾丸酮
Just because you have to administer testosterone to a bull
才能跟母牛配种
to get it serving the cows,
但那并不意味着会发生什么潜在问题吧
doesn't necessarily mean there's got to be an underlying problem?
当然不会
Oh, no, not necessarily.
它可能就是需要鼓鼓劲
He might just need a bit of a lift,
在不同的牛群来回配种肯定都累坏了
must be exhausting moving from herd to herd like they do.
当然也有可能会导致瘸腿
Of course, it could also be lameness.
不过最重要的其实是
The only thing that really matters is
那些母牛有没有怀孕
whether the cows are in calf or not.
对
Right.
多布森先生
Mr Dobson.
你好
Hello, there.
是哈利先生啊
Ah, Mr Herriot.
我一直想问你
I've been meaning to ask,
你家的母牛和奥德森家的公牛最后配种成功了吗
how did your herd get on with the Alderson's bull in the end?
是的 很顺利
Oh, yeah, yeah, grand.
哈利先生
Mr Herriot.
我走之后没出什么问题吧
So, no problems after I left?
没有 没出问题
No, no, no. No problems.
哈利先生 能麻烦你...
Mr Herriot, if you please...
好的 福伊尔先生 稍等一下
Yes, Mr Foyle. Just one moment.
这么说你家的母牛怀孕了
So, your cows are in calf then?
宠物狗展需要你出席
You're needed at the dog show.
你先去忙吧
I'll let you get on.
哈利先生 宠物狗展
Mr Herriot? Dog show.
就现在 麻烦快点
Now, if you please.
有谁能告诉我这是什么吗
Now, can anyone tell me what this is?
不知道
No?
我们在做手术时会用它来注射麻醉剂
Well, we use this to administer anaesthetic during surgery,
先戴到头上
you slip it over the head...
系紧带子 然后注入氯仿
Tighten the strap and slip in the chloroform.
非常有效 而且完全无痛
It's very effective, and entirely painless.
好了
So then,
等那些小动物们安然入睡之后
once little Tiddles or Fido is happily asleep...
谢谢配合
Yes, thank you.
接下来参观的是最我们最高端的手术器械
..we move onto our top of the range surgical equipment.
这是用来最开始切口的手术刀
We have scalpels for making the initial incision.
谢谢
Thank you.
这是用来切骨头的锯子
We have saws for cutting through the bone...
针对不同厚度也有相应的尺寸
..various sizes for various thicknesses.
还有各种医用钳
And of course a whole variety of forceps
和用来刮除的刮匙
and curettes for really digging around.
没错
Yes, well.
下一个
Moving on.
该休息一会儿了 霍尔太太
Right, a quick hiatus, I think, Mrs Hall.
我去看看有什么饮品小吃出♥售♥
I might see what refreshments are on offer.
你好啊
Oh, hello there.
法南先生
Mr Farnon.
你还记得桃乐茜吧
You remember Dorothy.
当然记得 很高兴再次见面
Yes, yes, of course. How nice to see you again.
我听说你挺会做向导的呢
I hear you're quite the tour guide.
就是尽力而为啦
Oh, well, doing our best.
据说相当地长见识 而且一点也不无聊
"Very informative" and "not boring at all" apparently.
过奖了
Oh, well, high praise indeed.
我们逛逛就回
Anyway, shan't be long.
崔斯 你一起吗
Oh, Tris, are you coming?
你不去吗 奥德丽
Couldn't you go too, Aud?
我总不能放着诊所不管吧
I can't leave the surgery unattended,
他们俩都明白
as they both well know.
有我在啊
Well, I'm here.
而且我很靠谱的
And I'm reasonably trustworthy.
去吧 你明明很想去转转
Go on, you're dying to have a look round.
你可以等会用杜松子酒报答我
You can repay me later in gin.
那我就去一小会儿
Well, maybe just for a minute.
他们不让我们参加展示
They won't let us in the show.
我知道你得谨慎办事 兽医
I know you need to be careful, veterinary,
但这只狗没问题
but there's nowt wrong with t'dog.
它眼角里有异物
He has some matter in the corner of his eye.
就是我为了装扮它搽的粉而已
Oh, that's just a bit of powder I was using on him, that's all.
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表