Oh, emasculator.
那是绝育器
That's the Burdizzo.
够让你落泪的了 走吧
Enough to bring tears to your eyes. Come on.
这是霍尔太太的地盘
This is Mrs Hall's domain.
她煮的血肠很好吃 是她自♥制♥的
Cooks a mean black pudding. Makes it herself, you know.
事后这里就像个屠宰场一样
Place looks like an abattoir afterwards.
这里是畜棚
This is the animal shed.
你以后要负责早晚喂它们
You'll take care of feeding them, morning and night.
当然 前提是面试通过
If successful, of course.
很好
Good.
把门关上
Shut the door.
我们出诊范围覆盖北部大部分谷区
Our practice covers most of the Northern Dales -
斯瓦尔谷 温斯利谷 所以你得有自己的车
Swaledale, Wensleydale - so you'll need your own car.
-很美吧 -惊为天人
- Beauty, isn't she? - Stunning.
我们留着这辆闲置的给助手用
We keep this spare for the assistant.
挺能跑的
Good little runner.
嗯 看上去...很豪华
Aye, she looks...grand.
好了 来看看你有什么本事吧
Right, let's see what you're made of, shall we?
积极表现
Best foot forward.
走吧 可以了
Walk on. That'll do.
法南
Farnon.
我们接的大部分活都是来自小农场
The majority of our work comes from the smallholdings.
偶尔有小动物 猫猫狗狗那些
We do get the occasional small animal, cats, dogs.
快看
Look at that!
短角牛 看到了吗
Shorthorn cow, you see?
美丽的野兽
Gorgeous beast.
如今都要灭绝了
Dying out now, of course.
荷兰牛的产奶量要大得多
Friesians give so much more milk.
每天能产8夸脱
As much as eight quarts per day.
你觉得这是好事吗
And you think that's a good thing, do you?
如果农场主花同样的精力
If a farmer can get more milk
能得到更多的牛奶 那我觉得是好事
for the same amount of effort, I suppose it is.
-你觉得 -我是说...
- You suppose? - I mean...
但付出了何种代价
But at what cost?
这地方有它独特的气息
This place has a character all of its own.
短角牛就是其中的一部分
The Shorthorns are a part of that.
它们一消失
With them gone,
这山谷就会又失去一点独特性
the Dales lose a little more of what makes them so special.
你是从什么时候起想成为一名兽医的
So, where did it all start for you, wanting to be a vet?
我读书的地方后面有一座小型城市农场
There was a-a small city farm at the back of my school.
那就像是闹市中的田园之地
It was like having part of the country in the city.
我在那里爱上了各种动物
I developed a real love for the animals there.
其实
Ah, well, you see,
动物不难对付
the animals are the easy part.
造成麻烦的都是人类
It's the people cause all the bother.
-你好 法南先生 -你好 沙普先生
- How do, Mr Farnon? - How do you do, Mr Sharpe?
这是哈利 可能会成为我的新助手
This is Herriot. New assistant, possibly.
是吗 又来一个
Oh, aye, another one.
他还让我担心了一下 以为是银行的人来找我
He had me worried, I thought t'bank were coming for me.
出了什么事
What seems to be the trouble?
有匹阉马的马蹄不对劲
I've got a gelding gone wrong in 'oof.
这种事谁都不愿意看到
Well, we certainly don't want that.
-他是外国人吗 -我是苏格兰格拉斯哥人
- Is he foreign? - I'm from Glasgow. Scotland.
-就是那边那匹黑♥马♥ -好
- It's that dark one over there. - Yes.
是哪只马蹄
Well? Which foot is it?
我得看它走路才知道
Well, I'd need to see him walk.
你之前医治过很多马吗
Dealt with many horses before?
嗯 很多 在兽医学院
Yes, lots. At veterinary college.
现实生活里呢
What about in the real world?
这是头一回
This'll be my first.
要我帮你拿着外套吗
Hold your coat for you?
从他扶马头的姿势来看
From the way he's holding his head,
应该是右前蹄
I'd say it was the offside fore.
很好
Good.
好吧 来看看这只马蹄
Right, let's have a look at this hoof.
抱歉 年轻人 我忘了告诉你
I'm sorry, young man, I ought to have told you,
这匹马很"友善"
it's a very friendly horse.
它可喜欢和人握手了
He always likes to shake hands.
不用 请让我继续
No, no, I'd like to continue.
悠着点 小家伙
Easy, boy. Easy.
平静下来 小家伙 平静下来
Steady down, boy. Steady down.
好了 你继续吧 年轻人
That's it. You carry on, young man.
请给我刀
Knife, please.
谢谢
Thanks.
好像是起脓包了 放松
Looks like pus in the foot. Ah. Easy!
好了
Got it!
等下
Wait.
还要给伤口消毒
Now to disinfect the wound.
几滴碘液
A touch of iodine.
少许松节油
A dash of turpentine.
天啊 法南先生
By God, Mr Farnon!
如今的科学也太神奇了吧
It's wonderful what science can do these days.
-怎么算钱 十先令吗 -好吧
- What shall we say to that, ten bob? - Aye. Aye.
我们回去走另外一条路
Let's go back a different way.
穿过布伦克斯通山口 走希尔谷
Over the Brenkstone Pass and down Sildale.
我想带你看看
I'd like you to see it.
我从没那样用过碘液
I've never used iodine in that way before.
-那是新疗法吗 -其实根本没有实际功效
- Is it a new remedy? - Oh, it has no practical purpose whatsoever,
但是每次都能唬住人
but it never fails to impress.
让他们觉得钱花得值
Makes them feel they're getting their money's worth.
证明自己能力的时候到了
Time to earn your wings.
我没想到这里会这么美
I didn't expect it to be so beautiful.
这里是英格兰最荒凉的地区之一
One of the wildest spots in England.
告诉你 冬天时这个地方很可怕
It's a fearsome place in winter, I tell you.
太惊人了
It's marvellous.
等雪积到两米多厚时 你就不会这么说了
You won't be saying that when the snow's 8ft deep.
这条路曾经被大雪封了好几周
I've known this pass to be blocked for weeks on end.
我会记得随身带把铲子
I'll be sure to keep a shovel with me.
前面是霍登山
That's Hodden Hill ahead.
你得加点速
You need to keep your speed up
否则翻不过去
or you won't make it up the other side.
刹车失灵了
The brakes don't work!
有时候会这样
That happens from time to time.
刹车一直时好时坏
They're consistently inconsistent.
那我该怎么减速
How am I supposed to slow down?!
为什么要减速
Why would you want to?
我们要开快点才对 哈利 而不是减速
We want to go faster, Herriot, not slower.
再快点
Faster!
相信自己 别松开油门
Have faith in yourself. Keep your foot on it.
我做不到
I can't!
天呐
Oh, dear.
要我下去推车吗
Shall I get out and push?
你们回来了
Oh, you're back.
-今天顺利吗 -还没过完呢
- Good day? - Not over yet.
他当时躺在地上 浑身是泥 我对他说
He was lying on the ground, covered in muck, and I says to him,
"它可喜欢和人握手了"
"He always likes to shake hands."
法南
Farnon.
你好吗 法南先生
How do, Mr Farnon?
晚上好 尼克
Evening, Nick.
请给我两杯淡啤酒 乔
Two ales, please, Joe.
看来你后来找到路了 小伙子
You found your way all right, then, lad?
是的 谢谢
I did, thank you.
给你 法南
Here, Farnon.
我老婆问
Lady of the house wants to know
她的猫怎么样了
what's to do with this cat of hers.
让她明天来诊所接猫
Ask her to come into surgery tomorrow to pick him up.
我想跟你咨♥询♥一下我家母猪的事
Oh, and I've got a sow I wanted to talk to you about.
好的 好的 亨利 让我先润润嗓子
Yes, yes, Henry, just give me a moment to wet my whistle.
身体健康 干杯
Your very good health.
我家的那头母猪
Now, about this sow of mine,
生了7只小猪 都很健康
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表