要熟悉明天的比赛场地
to settle in for tomorrow.
-我需要肥皂和水 -要那些玩意干什么
- I'll need soap and water. - What the devil for?
你屁都没做 现在还要洗手
You've done nowt and now you want a wash?
给它套上缰绳 以便我做检查
Get a head collar on so I can examine him.
请你快点
Now, please.
别乱动 我知道
Steady, boy. I know.
我知道
I know.
可怜的家伙
Oh, you poor thing.
怎么样 快说啊
Well, then? Spit it out.
这不是一般的疝痛
It's no ordinary colic.
那是什么问题
What is it then?
很遗憾告诉你
I'm really sorry to say
是肠扭转 索姆斯先生
it's a torsion of the bowel, Mr Soames.
它肠扭转了
He's got a torsion?
你准备怎么处理
What're you gonna do about it?
肠管扭转得很厉害
Well, the bowel's twisted so badly
血液循环已经被切断一阵子了
that the circulation's been cut off for some time.
组织已经坏死
The tissue's died.
血液里已经开始堆积毒素
Toxins are already building up in the blood.
我们没什么可做的了
There's nothing more that we can do.
很遗憾 但已经太晚了
I'm sorry but it's already too late.
什么太晚了
Too late for what?
马救不活了
This horse will die.
我们唯一能做的就是尽快让它
The only thing we can do is end his life as quickly
-没有痛苦地离开 -你是说把它杀了
- and painlessly as possible. - Put him down?
你知道这匹马值多少钱吗
Do you have you any idea how much this horse is worth?
这有什么区别呢
It doesn't make the blindest bit of difference.
它很痛苦 我们越快动手越好
He's in agony, the sooner we proceed the better.
我想再找人看看
I want a second opinion.
我想让西格弗德·法南过来
I want Siegfried Farnon up here.
霍顿先生非常信任他
Mr Hulton swears by him.
好了 小伙子 你不想承担这责任的
Now come on lad, you don't want this on your shoulders.
天生喜欢跳跃 看见栅栏它就会跳过去
Born to jump. Show him a fence and he'd have a go.
我有天早上过去 看到它把饲料槽
I went up one morning, and he'd dragged his feeding
拖到牧场中♥央♥
trough into the middle of the paddock
就为了跳过去
just so he could jump it.
自己玩得欢着呢
Happy as Larry, he was.
各位 恐怕我要失陪了
I'm afraid you'll have to excuse me, gentlemen.
-安丹特该到了 -当然
- Andante should've arrived by now. - Of course.
将军
General.
如果那匹马真有霍顿说得那么厉害
Could be a big day for Hulton if that
明天将成为他的大日子
horse of his lives up to his promise.
如果本地马场的马能获胜 是件好事
It would be good to have a winner from a local stable.
对我个人来说也很值得骄傲
A particular source of pride for me personally.
为什么
Why's that?
我从安丹特出生就认识它了
I've known Andante since he was a foal.
你主要给农畜看诊吧
You're more of a farm vet aren't you?
我的诊所发展不错
I've built a strong practice.
是吗
Is that so?
我雇佣了一名优秀的年轻兽医
I've taken on an excellent young vet.
我弟弟也快取得资格了
And my brother's about to qualify.
但愿如此
I hope.
但马一直是我的激♥情♥所在
But horses have always been my passion.
真的吗
Really?
1917年 比利时
Belgium, 1917.
陆军兽医队
Army Veterinary Corps.
-伊普尔吗 -基本上是
- Ypres? - In the main.
只有那些勇敢的马儿
The bravery of men who fought...
才能与它们所载的英勇士兵相媲美
matched only by the bravery of the horses that carried them there.
那些可怜的动物饱受摧残
The things those poor souls endured.
之后很多马都被我们射杀了
And then we shot a lot of them.
因为比用船把它们运回国要便宜
Cheaper than bringing them home on boats you see.
如果我能帮助一匹被痛苦折磨的马
If I can help a horse in pain...
我觉得在某种程度上就是还债了
I feel in some way I'm repaying a debt of sorts.
就是这样
There you have it.
我们明天要面试另一个人
We're trying out another fellow tomorrow.
我很感谢你给我机会
I'm very grateful for the opportunity.
如果我先前冒犯到了你 那是因为
If I offended you earlier, it was only that...
对我来说 动物总是第一位的
for me the animal always comes first.
比任何事物都重要
Above all things.
理应如此
As it should.
明天晚上来马场
Come to the course tomorrow evening.
我希望到时候能告诉你好消息
I hope to have some good news for you.
我打了电♥话♥ 但西格弗德已经离开赛马场了
I've called, but Siegfried's already left the course.
它疼得要疯了
He's going mad with the pain of it.
-我不能眼看它受苦 -先等一下
- I can't let this go on. - Oh, now just hold on...
要是你早点给我打电♥话♥
Maybe if you'd called me up sooner,
说不定还有救
this might've been avoided.
但现在没救了
But not now.
你可能没有尽到照顾那只动物的责任
You might have failed in your duty of care to that animal
但我决不会失职
but there's no way I'm going to.
杀马枪
它叫什么名字
What's his name?
安丹特
Andante.
拉住它
Hold him tight.
别动
Steady, boy.
就快结束了 安丹特
It's nearly over, Andante.
好孩子
Good lad.
-霍顿先生 -你怎么还在这里
- Mr Hulton. - Why are you still here?
什么意思 怎么回事
What do you mean? What's going on?
你做了什么
What have you just done?
你到底做了什么
What the hell have you just done!?
休 听我说 它有肠扭转
Hugh! Listen to me! He had a torsion.
我无力回天
There was nothing else I could do for him.
它非常痛苦
He was in terrible pain.
出去
Get out.
立刻
Now!
他是我的一个员工
Ah, one of my employees.
吉米
James!
你看起来心情不太好
You look like you've lost a shilling and found a penny.
我刚不得不杀死了一匹马
I've just had to put a horse down.
是休·霍顿的马
It was one of Hugh Hulton's horses.
叫安丹特
Andante.
天啊
Oh, good God.
我知道你需要什么
I know what you need.
玛吉 等一下
Maggie... Hold on a minute.
玛吉 钱都去哪儿了
Maggie! Where's it all gone?
一小时前这里面还是满的
This was full an hour ago.
全拿去给他们买♥♥酒喝了吧
Down their necks, I reckon.
明天达罗比经典赛
Who's the second favourite
第二大热门是哪匹马
in the Darrowby classic tomorrow?
芬利湾
Finlay Bay.
一赔十
Ten to one.
但它赢不了
But he's got no chance,
安丹特会轻易获胜
I mean Andante gonna run away with it.
押芬利湾赢
Put that on Finlay Bay to win.
平时照料拉车的马和参加马秀的小马
I take great satisfaction in looking after our usual
我就已经很有满足感
clientele of cart horses and gymkhana ponies.
但和那些血统纯正 伟大美丽的赛马待上一天
But to spend a day with those magnificent beasts,
真令人激动不已
bred to perfection.
我还给将军留下了好印象
And the General was impressed.
他以前拿我当落选马
He had me down as an also-ran.
现在他知道我是纯种马
Now he knows I'm a thoroughbred.
我真为你感到高兴
I'm happy for you.
我该谢谢你才对
It's you I have to thank for it.
如果诊所还是只有我一个人
I don't think Ransom would have taken me as seriously
兰森不会拿我当回事的
if I was still a one-man band.
是你鼓励我雇用吉米的
You encouraged me to take on James.
我只是把你往正确的方向推
I nudged you in the right direction.
霍尔太太 我没想到
Mrs Hall, you're considerably less braggadocios than
你竟然如此谦虚
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表