除非你知道我自己都不知道的事
Unless you know something I don't.
我该走了 祝你今天好运
I best get on. Good luck today.
刚才那是什么情况
And what was all that about?
我看到你了
I saw you.
我看见那眼神了
I saw that look.
没什么
It's nothing.
现在我真被勾起兴趣了
Now I am intrigued.
-我之前约过她出去 -吉米 真的假的
- I asked her out. - Oh, James, you didn't.
庞弗里太太怂恿的
Mrs Pumphrey's do.
我花了一晚上才鼓起勇气
Took all night to pluck up the courage.
酒后[荷兰人]之勇吗
Dutch courage?
就那结果而言 说是阿比西尼亚人之勇也不为过
Might as well have been Abyssinian for all the good it did.
我刚提出 休就走进来了
I'd just made my play, and in walks Hugh.
然后你杀死了他的马
And then you killed his horse.
这不同寻常 但必须说我佩服你的勇气
It's unorthodox, but I have to say I admire the gumption.
你确定这不会太麻烦你吗
You're sure this isn't putting you out too much?
一点都不麻烦的
Oh, it's no trouble at all.
你真是及时帮了大忙
You're a godsend,
我们有很多干草要运来
we've got a load of hay to bring in
还有休的马那些事
and then there's all with Hugh's horse.
好了 进去吧
Right, come here you.
-他怎么样了 -心碎不已
- How is he? - In pieces.
虽然他嘴巴不承认
Not that he'd admit it.
你能让他恢复原样并重新振作的
You'll sweep him up and put him back together again.
我们的生活不都这样吗
Isn't that our lot in life?
你的担子尤其重
For you more than most.
如果你想要聊聊
If you ever fancy a natter...
其实没什么好说的
There's not much more to say.
我该走了
I best get on.
我会在晚饭前回来
I'll be back before tea.
这些都需要清理干净
All these need cleaning out.
之后你可以给它们喂食 陪它们玩
And after that you can feed and exercise them.
我能和兔子玩吗
Can I play with the bunnies?
我能带狗狗去草地里散步吗
Can I take the dogs for a walk on the green?
如果你想都可以 但首先 你要看看这个
If you like. But first, I want you to have a look at this.
别又跟我唠叨书上的东西了
Don't you start with all the books an'all.
当发现兔子
What should a good vet do
常青藤中毒后 好兽医该怎么做
for a rabbit with suspected Ivy poisoning?
我只见过被做成肉馅的兔子
The only rabbits I know were put in pies.
法南先生不会让一问三不知的
Well, Mr Farnon won't have any Tom,
张三李四来帮他照顾动物
Dick or Harry tending to his animals,
必须得先知道方法
they need to know their stuff first.
早 索姆斯先生
Morning, Mr Soames.
早 休
Morning. Hugh.
很抱歉事情变成这样
I'm sorry it's come to this.
我也是 它在哪儿
As am I. Where is he?
我该在这里
I should be here.
这是我欠它的
I owe it to him to be here.
天啊 快瞧
Oh, dear, oh, dear.
是马儿杀手哈利来了
Here's trouble, Herriot the Horse Killer.
什么
What?
消息传开了 不过都不是好话
Word's got around, not many of them good.
我以为你早就被赶走了
I thought they'd have you out on your ear by now.
今天有什么问题呢
So, what seems to be the problem today?
牛傻了
Calf gone daft.
但我想让西格弗德先生看诊
But I'd like Mr Siegfried to look it over.
我哥今天有其他事
My brother is otherwise engaged.
所以不让吉米看就没人了
So it'll be Jim or no-one.
它这样多久了
And how long has he been like this?
我是今早注意到的
I first noticed something this morning.
它一定是醉了
Swear he was drunk,
看它那摇摇晃晃 跌跌撞撞的样子
the way he's been staggering about and bumping into things.
不对劲 是吧
Not right, is it?
没错 卡尔弗特太太 不对劲
No, Mrs Calvert, it's not.
好
Ok.
你认为是怎么回事
Well, what you reckon?
我不知道
I just don't know.
兽医做出诊断通常需要花费时间
The process of veterinary discovery often takes time.
只要他别最后把我的牛杀了就行
Yeah, just so long as he don't wind up killing him.
有想法吗 吉米 你的客户不耐烦了
Any ideas, Jim? You're rather losing your audience.
它肌肉抽搐 口吐白沫 神志不清
We've got muscle tremors, frothing from the mouth, confusion.
我每天早上都是这样 卡尔弗特太太
That's me every morning, Mrs Calvert.
没必要那么担心
No need to look so worried.
天啊 这地方挺破旧的 对吧
Blimey then, this place has seen better days, hasn't it?
这块木板是从哪里来的
Where did this wood come from?
是旧的壁脚板
Bit of old skirting board.
没人要 别浪费了
Waste not, want not.
看这油漆
Look at the paint.
剥落了
It's flaking.
它刚才一直在舔这个
He's been licking it.
还咬过 我能看见牙印
And biting, I can see the teeth marks.
它是头牛
He's a cow.
牛都这样
It's what they do.
油漆里含铅
It's lead paint.
它铅中毒了 快把这块木板拿开
He's got lead poisoning. Get this wood out of here.
你听见了 快去啊
You heard. Jump to it.
在它的饲料里拌几勺泻盐
A couple of spoonfuls of Epsom salts in her feed,
它就会康复的
and all will be well again.
我过几天再来复诊
I'll be back to check in a couple of days.
反正会有人来
Well, at least someone will be.
再见了 马儿杀手
All the best, horse killer.
大家迟早会忘记的
You know, everyone will forget eventually.
前提是我的诊断没错
If my diagnosis was correct.
若不是...
If it wasn't...
我就得收拾行李走人
..I'll be packing my bags.
赶牛酒吧
关键时刻到了 吉米
Moment of truth, James.
祝我好运
Wish me luck.
玛吉 达摩克里斯之剑悬于一线
Maggie, the sword of Damocles dangles by a mere thread.
请告诉我是谁赢了比赛
Please tell me who won the race.
芬利湾赢了
Finlay Bay came in.
感谢老天 玛吉 我真想亲你一口
Thank goodness. Maggie, I could kiss you.
-我没同意可不行 -抱歉
- Well, not without my say so. - Sorry.
-那好吧 -什么 认真的吗
- Go on, then. - What? Really?
就是他吗 马儿杀手
Is this him, then? The horse killer?
我想我欠你一杯酒
I reckon I owe you a pint.
多亏你解决了那匹马 否则我会赔得倾家荡产
Saved me paying out to half the county by offing that horse.
我想我们可能有了一位崭露头角的兽医
I think we might have a budding vet on our hands.
-看见她这么开心真好 -过来 杰茜
- It's just good to see her so happy. - Come on, Jess...
她昨天学你父亲说话了
You know, she parroted your old man yesterday.
她充满自信地对我说道
She said to me, bold as brass,
"我们生于这片土地就要在这片土地上劳作"
'we were born to the land to work the land'.
她不是学我父亲说话
That won't me old man she were parroting.
而是我母亲
It was me mother.
我总担心我让她失望了
I'm always worried I'm letting her down.
你做得很好
You're doing a great job.
你母亲会感到骄傲的
Your mother would be proud.
别说了 我会哭的
Don't, you'll start me off.
珍妮长大了
Jenny's getting older.
或许现在 她更需要姐姐
Maybe right now, she needs a big sister.
而不是妈妈
More than she needs a mother.
谢谢你
Thank you.
叼回来
Fetch!
来吧 看你能不能赢过狗狗 珍妮
Come on then. Right, let's see if you can beat the dog, Jenny!
怎么样了
How were it?
吉米
James.
尸检结果非常明确
The postmortem was quite conclusive.
严重肠扭转
Significant torsion of the bowel.
局部出现坏死 所以它已经病了一段时间
There was necrosis, so he'd been in that state for a while.
你肯定救不了它的
Absolutely nothing you could have done for him,
只能给它个解脱
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表