I would expect in the circumstances.
这没什么 我今天叫珍妮·奥德森过来了
Oh, it's nothing, had Jenny Alderson for the day.
我以为我能帮上忙 但估计对她没什么益处
I thought I could help but I'm not sure I did her much good.
我从未想到会看到这一幕
I never thought I'd see it.
霍尔太太挥舞着小白旗投降
Mrs Hall waving the little white flag.
我什么都没挥
I'm not waving anything.
被一个12岁的孩子击败了
Undone by a 12-year-old child.
她一定不容易 自己的姐姐
Well, it can't be easy having your big sister,
扮演着妈妈的角色
acting like your mother.
我向你保证 另一方也不容易
It's no easier for the other party I assure you.
不 你坐着吧
No, you stay there.
我去开门
I'll get this.
休
Hugh?
哈利告诉你了吗
Has Herriot told you?
他那样做太过分了
It is an outrage.
他没权利杀死我的马
He had no right doing that to my horse.
我知道你很生气
I understand you're upset.
天啊 你能怪我吗
Oh, for God's sake, can you blame me?
听起来它当时十分痛苦 休
It sounds like he was in terrible pain, Hugh.
-换我也会做出同样的决定 -是吗
- I, I, I would have done the same thing. - Would you?
如果诊断相同的话 是的
With the same diagnosis? Yes.
我们绝不会放任动物遭受痛苦
We would never leave animal in distress.
但问题就在这 我怎么知道他的诊断是对的
But that's just it. How do I know his diagnosis was right?
吉米是个很称职的兽医
James is a very competent vet.
他才刚毕业
He's barely out of school!
他应该征求别人的意见
He should have got a second opinion.
他应该问问你
He should have called for you.
你应该在那里指导他的 西格弗德
You should have been there for him, Siegfried!
我也希望我当时在场
Well, I wish I had been.
有人建议我找律师谈谈
I've been advised to speak to a solicitor.
你真的没必要那样做
That's really not necessary.
它是匹非常珍贵的马
He was a very valuable horse.
我们俩可以私下解决这件事 休
We can sort this out between ourselves, Hugh.
怎么解决
How?
我明天去做尸检
I'll do a postmortem examination tomorrow.
如果哈利判断错了呢
And if Herriot made a mistake?
我会处理的
I'll deal with it.
你放心吧
You can be sure of that.
休 我...
Hugh I...
吉米 你进来
James, come in.
你怎么说
Well?
我没法看着那匹可怜的马受折磨
I couldn't let that poor animal suffer.
你确定自己的诊断准确吗
And you're positive about your diagnosis?
百分百确定
100%.
你还好吗
How are you fairing?
我吗 我...
Me? I'm...
还好
..all right.
努力让自己好起来
Trying to be.
一开始我很感到惊恐
Shocked at first.
要对这么美丽的动物做出那种事太可怕了
It felt a terrible thing to do to such a beautiful creature.
万事总是开头难
The first one is always the hardest.
你应该做了全套的内诊吧
I presume you did a full internal examination?
是的
Yes.
我摸到了一个缠结 大概在结肠上去一点的位置
I felt a tympanitic mass. About halfway up the colon.
那有没有可能是其他原因引起的梗阻
And it couldn't've been some other kind of blockage?
应该不是
No, I don't think so.
你不确定吗
You don't think so?
我不是这个意思 那是肠扭转
That's not what -- it was a torsion.
-你刚才还说你确定 -我是很确定
- A moment ago you said you were sure. - I am.
-我很确定 -因为明天你就没地方可躲了
- I am sure. - Because tomorrow there'll be nowhere to hide.
如果你错了
And if you're wrong,
恐怕你会为此付出代价
I'm afraid, there will be consequences.
早餐准备好了
Breakfast's ready.
抱歉 霍尔太太
I'm sorry, Mrs Hall.
我不是很饿
I'm not very hungry.
吉米不跟我们一起吃了
James won't be joining us.
我想他也没有胃口
I imagine he doesn't have the appetite for it.
尸检是什么时候
What time's the postmortem?
十点
Ten o'clock.
你照常工作吧
Get on with your list.
吉米也是
Let James get on with his.
担心也帮不上什么忙
There's nothing worrying will do for it.
早安 西格弗德
Morning Siegfried.
这是账簿 请过目
Ledger. Now please.
这些钱都是你要回来的吗
You collected all this?
对 而且我还没干完 还远着呢
And I'm not done yet, far from it.
今天我想继续追债 专心完成这工作
I wanna keep at it today. Finish the job off properly.
那你好好干吧
See that you do.
现在请把钱交给我
Money, now please.
我想着全部拿到再一起给你
Oh, I thought it would make more sense
那样比较好
to give to you in one go.
比分批给你更清楚
Cleaner that way rather than piecemeal.
钱
Money.
我把钱包忘在房♥间里了
I left my wallet in my room.
那是大门的响声吗 崔斯坦
Was that the front door? Tristan?
崔斯坦
Tristan!
给 拿上这个再出门
Here, before you go.
也许晚点你就有胃口了
In case you get your appetite back later.
谢谢
Thank you.
大家冷静下来后就会明白
Once everyone's calmed down a bit, they'll see.
你当时做得没错
What you did was right.
我的想法没错而已
What I thought was right.
别老想着已经过去的事
Don't dwell on what's done
还有很多事需要去做
when there's things need doing.
卡尔弗特太太打来 想叫人再过去看诊
Mrs Calvert's been on the phone, wants someone up there again.
该重整旗鼓 回到马背上了
It's time to get back in the saddle,
抱歉 我用词不当
sorry, poor choice of words.
早安
Morning.
看前面 看前面
Look ahead. Look ahead.
崔斯坦
Tristan!
你这是在做什么
What're you doing?
免得挨揍
Trying to save my skin.
你把那笔钱花光了 对吧
You spent the money, didn't you?
别担心 我自有计划
Don't worry, I have a plan.
开车就是了
Drive. Just drive.
你知道你的马还是有可能赢不了的吧
You know there's still a chance your horse might not come in.
运眷酸奶[拉丁语]Fortes Fortuna iogurtum.
幸运眷顾...酸奶吗
Fortune favours the yoghurt?
不 是勇者 幸运眷顾勇者
No, the brave. Fortune favours the brave.
"勇者"你念错了
That's iuvat.
应该是"运眷勇者"
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat.
不管怎么说
Never the less.
你拿你的马赌一把 我也拿我的赌一把
You took a gamble on your horse, I took one on mine.
我们俩都有可能承受后果
Either one or both or neither of us are for the high jump.
-我没赌博 -当然了 措辞不同而已
- I didn't gamble. - No. Of course. Turn of phrase.
别又来了
Oh, not again!
那不是可爱的奥德森小姐吗
Isn't that the lovely Miss Alderson?
你也早上好啊 吉米
Good morning to you too, James!
等一下
Hold on.
我倒车
Let me back up!
抱歉 我刚才在想别的事
Sorry, my mind was somewhere else.
我想也是
I'm sure it was.
-你听说了吗 -休昨晚告诉我了
- You heard? - Hugh told me last night.
安丹特就是他的一切
Andante meant the world to him.
听起来太可怕了
It sounded awful.
-他说你是个混... -珍妮
- He called you a bas... - Jenny!
小孩也说脏话呢
Out of the mouth of babes.
我当时别无选择
I had to do it.
你不用向我解释 那是休的马
You don't have to explain yourself to me. It was Hugh's horse.
我知道 只是你是他的...
No, I know. It's just, you're his, his...
他的... 未婚妻
His, err, fiancee?
剧集 | 万物既伟大又渺小(2020) | 导航列表