我跟负责美术的艾德里安·卡马克要求说:
So, I went to Adrian Carmack and said
“你得给我准备一张最大最丑 让人过目难忘的恶魔头像”
'Give me the biggest most impressive demon face you can get
我们打算把这东西挂到墙壁上
and we'll put it on the wall.'
这个 BOSS 创意主要来自于巴风特和圣殿骑士团的传说
And the idea was: I was basing it off the, the legend of Baphomet and the Knight Templars
过关是老一套的用枪射到死 但不同的是这货会一直召唤出怪物群殴你
and we'll have to shoot it to kill it. Meanwhile, other monsters are gonna spawn and try to kill you.
我们弄了一个非常不错的音效 当代表着怪物方块的声音响起时 玩家会感到毛骨悚然
We could have a really great sound that you just dread when you hear that cube come out
这个声音文件叫做“火球” 它听起来相当独特 现在你可能在各种作品里都听过了
And the sound is…It's called Fireball. It's a really unique sound that, like now, you can hear in everything, this [whoosh] sound
它最早应该是出现在1991年的电影《烈火雄心》当中
and it comes from the movie Backdraft.
玩家必须用火箭筒来攻击某个实体才能击败BOSS
Some entity has to take damage from the rocket launcher.
通常情况下 它看起来模糊不清
Usually, an entity always looks like something
就和人无法♥正♥常观察到大脑里头究竟是什么东西一样
but this is something you're never gonna see, 'cause you can't see where the brain thing is.
这个“实体”就在墙壁后面 但玩家并不关心它究竟是个什么玩意儿
It's in the back. It didn't matter what it looked like. It just needed to be an entity taking up space
这东西就是走个过场 一旦死翘翘了就通关 道理很简单对吧?
that had a certain number of hit points and, when it dies, then the game's over, right?
所以呢我们决定来点小惊喜
So, we had a little blue thing.
当时距离发♥售♥没几天了 游戏内容也几乎全部完成
Well, it was getting really close to the game shipping. We were almost done with the game
游戏即将发♥售♥ 而团队也进入最后冲刺阶段
like it's about to ship, and this is the time where you would stick hidden shit
这时候正适合在游戏里埋下不为人知的秘密
in the game that no one else is gonna find.
凯文提出了将约翰·罗梅罗的脑袋插在长矛上的主意
Kevin came up with that idea of John's head on a pike
这事一开始当然是瞒着他偷偷干的
that was gonna be something just hidden in there from Romero
直到游戏发♥售♥了有一阵后 他才在机缘巧合下察觉到
and he wasn't gonna find it until long after the game's released.
记得当时大概是午夜那会儿
It's probably 11:00 at night or midnight or something
我用了穿墙的作弊码 毕竟你知道的
and I am, you know, no clipping through the wall because
“我♥干♥嘛要按部就班地干掉 BOSS ?”
'Why would I try and play the game to just kill the boss?
本来我就是想穿墙到BOSS后面的圆圈所在地
I'm just gonna cheat to where the circle is.'
然后我就慢慢靠近了那玩意儿...
So, I go, I'm getting closer to it.
给我等一下 那边放着一张老子的俊脸?
'Wait a second. Is that, did I see my face in there?'
就这样 我走到了那里 发现实际上并没有什么“实体”
And so, I go into where the circle is, and there's not a circle there.
那就是我的脑袋 被♥插♥在一把长矛上 我满脑子回放着各种问候语
There's my head on a stake, and I'm like, 'No way.'
我马上去会议室找到鲍比·普林斯
I just went to Bobby Prince, uh, he's in the, he was in the conference room
他当时还在加班制♥作♥音乐和音效等素材
he was still making music and sound effects, all this stuff
这恶作剧可正合我意 于是我快速给他解释一遍
and I told him the story really quick and 'This is what I need'
然后录了这段话
You need to record me saying this.
“想要通关游戏 就必须宰了本大爷 约翰·罗梅罗”
To win the game, you must kill me, John Romero.
接着调整这段音频 让它听起来十分邪恶 最后再倒放
'And then, you need to pitch shift it, reverse it and, like, make it sound evil.'
所以 罪恶圣像凝视你的时候 也就是我在凝视着你
So, when the icon of sin sees you, it's like: me, the icon of sin.
我特别满意 这就好像是个双重彩蛋一样
And I'm like, 'This is so great. It's like a two-layer Easter egg,' you know?
我相信游戏一旦发♥售♥ 大家都会觉得这事特别有意思 就好像“嘿嘿 你懂的?”
Like, 'This is gonna be great when it comes out,' and they can go, 'Haha,'
“嘿嘿 我懂我懂”这样子
and I go, 'Haha?' You know?
随后美♥利♥坚♥·麦基来到办公室 开始测试游戏最后的关卡
As soon as American McGee comes in the office
“唔 藏在背后的坏东西 还有倒放”
he runs the game, he's like, 'Ooh, scary evil background thing, backwards thing.'
他马上把这个秘密挖了出来 在公♥司♥里见人就说
He reverses it and plays it, and he tells everybody.
于是这个所谓的“秘密”在完成后的第二天就在公♥司♥内部人尽皆知了
And so, the secret was instantly out the day right after putting this Easter egg in
但所有人都愿意留着它 因为实在是太逗了
but everybody left it in, 'cause it was just hilarious.
“翔药痛管游戏 酒臂虚宰了苯打爷 跃翰·落梅落”
To win the game, you must kill me, John Romero.
汤姆·霍尔是在《毁灭战士》开♥发♥期间跟老东家分道扬镳 再加入我们的
Tom Hall came to us during Doom's development. He ended up parting ways with his software.
团队对汤姆这样的知名开♥发♥者到来兴奋不已
They were very, very excited to have Tom, 'cause Tom was amazing.
他们想让汤姆作为制♥作♥人 主导一款全新的FPS游戏
And what they wanted Tom to do was, like, make another FPS
汤姆得到的的承诺是“你在这边想做什么都不会有人拦着”
but, like, 'Make it your way. Do whatever you want,' you know?
汤姆就想: 现在我能干什么呢?
And so, Tom's just like, 'Okay, what would I do?'
《龙霸三合会》 有史以来最暴♥力♥的电子游戏
Rise of the Triad is the most violent video game ever created.
《龙霸三合会》最初计划由 Apogee 开♥发♥ 定位为《德军总部 3D》的续作
Rise of the Triad was originally meant to be an Apogee-developed sequel to Wolfenstein 3D.
考虑到前作的丰厚利润 Apogee显然想继续发展这个系列 再赚一笔
Apogee wanted, obviously, to continue to, to build on the franchise that had you know, made them a lot of money.
但我认为 id Software 并不认同他们想要的发展方向
But, I don't think ID software liked some of the directional calls that were being made.
是啊 我们并不打算让《德军总部》系列照着别人的意思发展
Yeah, we wouldn't go in that direction with Wolfenstein.
你怎么叫它都行 这东西只能是个原创新IP 所以我们做了《龙霸三合会》
So, call it whatever you want, and you have a new IP. So, that's what they did.
我们已经为游戏制♥作♥好了所有相关的资源
We had all these assets already made for the game
之后只要把那些跟《德军总部》有关的删掉 重新构思故事背景
and so we just dropped the Wolfstein part and just called it Rise of the Triad
再把名字改成《龙霸三合会》就行了
and kind of reformulated the story.
剧情修改就是把原先作为幕后黑手的希♥特♥勒♥踢掉
The story was that Hitler wasn't actually the master running the show.
现在主角 BJ 必须面对的 是由三个 BOSS 领导的邪恶组织
There was a triad, three new bosses. that BJ would have to deal with
当时我领导的团队成员都很年轻 但大家也都有很多酷炫的创意点子
We had, like, a sort of a, a more junior team, but we had a lot of cool ideas, and we had gone to a bazaar.
我们有次去了一个集市 那边有个卖♥♥二战纪念品的路边摊
This one guy had a booth of World War II memorabilia.
于是我们就找来了 Apogee 和 3D Realms 那边的员工
So, we got people from Apogee, you know,
让他们穿上这些集市买♥♥来的二战制♥服♥
and then 3D realms to wear the suits.
我们让他们踩在一块木板上 从正面开始拍摄
We would take digitized pictures of them facing the camera,
然后每照一张照片就把模特旋转45度角
and then we would rotate the board 45 degrees
于是我们就得到了八个角度的人物照片
take more pictures of them, rotate it a full 90 degrees, and and so,
之后再将这些转换为数字化图片素材
we would get eight rotations, you know, at each of the 45 degree marks.
其中一个这样的角色素材 光是制♥作♥就可能需要花上几周的时间
It would take literally a couple weeks just to do one character
而游戏中需要用到类似手段的角色超过20个
and, um you know, the game had over probably two dozen characters in total
同时汤姆·霍尔还在游戏中融入了许多他所认为的幽默元素
and what Tom Hall brings, he, he's got a lot of humor that he likes to inject in games.
《龙霸三合会》里的各种无厘头场面基本上都是汤姆·霍尔提的要求
So, almost all the humorous elements in Rise of the Triad were probably from the mind of Tom Hall.
“这款游戏的特点是什么? 什么可以让它脱颖而出?”
'What's, what's this game's thing? What can make this stand out?'
“让这个游戏变得非常暴♥力♥怎么样?”
You know, like, 'What if we just make this thing really violent?'
“好吧 我得先疯起来 才做得出那么暴♥力♥的游戏”
And I was just like, 'Well, if we're gonna make it really violent, I'm gonna go nuts.'
同时也要有一些荒谬可笑的场面
It has to be preposterous as the rest of the game.
我认为《龙霸三合会》有趣 滑稽 独特 毫不严肃
I think the fact that it was funny, it was campy, it was different, it didn't take itself seriously.
比如说王者之棍 狗狗模式
You know, stuff like the Excalibat, dog mode
人肉碎片飞向屏幕 太好笑了
the gibs flying at the screen, ludicrous gibs.
当其他人都在玩《毁灭公爵3D》和《雷神之锤》时 我则对《龙霸三合会》痴迷不已
When everybody else was playing, you know, Duke and Quake I was playing Rise of the Triad.
我早就有这么个想法
I had the idea that you could, like
即玩家可以选择不同的角色 每个角色都有独一无二的属性数值
have different characters that could actually have different stats
而选择不同角色会影响你的游戏体验
that kind of affected your gameplay.
不管是想健步如飞 还是伤害更高
'Do you want to run faster? You want to cause more damage?
或者单纯就是保证血条够长 都可以根据玩家个人喜好来选择
Do you have more hit points?' You know, that kind of thing
《龙霸三合会》是最早体现多元文化包容的游戏之一 玩家角色拥有不同肤色与文化特征
Rise of the Triad is one of the earliest games to have different representation of other cultures and people of color
你可以在游戏中选择自己的种族 因为这样做很酷
like you can sort of choose yourself, and that's, that's pretty cool.
Apogee 的每个人都为《龙霸三合会》感到自豪
Everyone at Apogee was really proud of Rise of the Triad.
首先它是我们第一款完全自主开♥发♥的原创作品
It was, um, our first internal game.
其次它实现了很多新的功能 比如鼠标的视角操作
It had a lot of firsts in it, like mouselook
支持最多支持11名玩家的局域网游戏等等
I think it had 11-player land play
它还是最早实现了专门为死亡竞赛这种多人模式
The first FPS to actually
提供专属地图 而非直接使用单机战役关卡的FPS
have specific maps made for Deathmatch
这些设计为我们后来的项目开♥发♥提供了思路
and it opened up new frontiers for how we could design maps.
虽然死亡竞赛在当时已经颇为流行 但大家主要都是游玩社区自♥制♥的地图
People had been playing Deathmatch only maps for a while just from community homegrown stuff.
这个现象一直持续1994的12月21日
But December 21st at the end of 1994 is
在《马拉松》和《龙霸三合会》上市之前
when the first commercially-made Deathmatch-only maps
确实没有哪款游戏为死亡竞赛模式提供专属地图的先例
came out in Marathon and Rise of the Triad.
本作包含了非常扯淡的武器设计 匪夷所思的鬼点子 还有前所未见的弹跳垫
Really interesting design choices, really over the top weapons, it had jump pads.
我们刻意对引擎做了改良 以便让墙壁高度变得非常离谱
We modified the engine to, like, have very tall walls.
所以我特别设计了弹跳垫这一元素
So, I invented jump pads.
利用弹簧床垫做出各种上蹿下跳的高速移♥动♥
It's something that made multiplayer in the original Rise of the Triad so
是《龙霸三合会》多人游戏显得格外疯狂有趣的一个关键因素
so crazy and fun, because it was just
你可以用它一蹦三尺高 然后凌空对着敌人发射火箭筒
you could bounce around on bounce pads, amazing rocket launchers.
《龙霸三合会》可太棒了 我们当时都玩得废寝忘食
We played so many hours of Rise of the Triad. It was amazing.
它有好多怪逼武器 什么酒鬼导弹啦 法师之杖啦
The weapon choice, you know, the drunken missiles and the staff.
还有直接烧掉目光所及一切事物的火墙发射器等等
Flame walls, and nothing that's on the floor can escape you.
你还能变成狗狗大杀四方
Turn yourself into a dog, like all kind of just wacky stuff, like
每个环节都能冒出让你意想不到的惊喜
the types of things you wouldn't expect.
作为一名玩家 这是一场你不应错过的奇观
It was a spectacle you could watch as a player.
当我们在开♥发♥《德军总部 3D》时
When we were making Wolfenstein
我们设计了一个穿墙模式 这样就可以节省很多时间与精力
we put in a noclip mode so we could get through.
不用按部就班寻找钥匙 更加方便地测试地图之类的
We didn't have to use keys, so we could just test rooms and stuff.
我和约翰在地图中通行无阻 感觉就像自己成为了某种至高的存在
John and I were going through the rooms as if we were, you know, immortal creatures
忍♥不住发出了“愚蠢的人类们啊哈哈哈哈哈”这种台词
and, 'Ooh, I look down on these poor beings,' you know?
这后来成为了我制♥作♥“上帝模式”的灵感来源
And so, that kind of inside joke, I turned into God Mode.
看着敌人在上帝模式下灰飞烟灭 那种感觉真是太棒了
It was a blast to see the enemies run when they realized that you had the hand of God out.
然后呢?既然我们有了上帝模式 肯定要有一个对立面 于是狗狗模式应运而生
About like, 'Well, if we have God mode, what's the opposite of that? Dog mode!' So, dog mode where you go down,
变成狗狗 往死里咬敌人什么的
and you just bite people to death and so on.
我可真是太喜欢这个游戏了 它刷新了我对游戏的认知
It's so much fun! Yeah, Rise of the Triad was it just took it to another level for me.
时隔二十年后 我得到了参与《龙霸三合会》重制的机会
I got the opportunity to work on Rise of the Triad 20 years later.
一个孩子的童年梦想成真了 而且我现在还在制♥作♥《龙霸三合会》的复刻版
It was, it was a little kid's dream come true, and I'm still working on Rise of the Triad.
我爱它 《龙霸三合会》永垂不朽
I love ROT. ROT forever, man.
角色富有个性 武器充满特色 这是本作充满乐趣的秘诀
The characters were iconic, the weapons were iconic, and it was just a lot of fun.
所有这些美妙的事物都是汤姆的功劳 他真的是太棒了
All those things, that was all Tom, you know, and it was great.
我很欣慰它最终变成了一个彻底疯狂的游戏
I love how crazy it is, and it's just, it is a nuts, nuts game.
每周我都能收到很多玩家来信 “我又玩了一遍《龙霸三合会》”什么的
Tons of people write me every week just like, 'Oh, yeah I played Rise of the Triad again,'
但最重要的是 我自己的侄子也非常喜欢它
and my nephew loves it, so that's all that really matters.
我们玩的第一个 FPS 要追溯到——肯定是《马拉松》
The first FPS we played, oh, that was back, uh, it must've been Marathon.
对于许多从小家里用的是麦金塔而非PC平台的人来说
A lot of people who grew up with a Macintosh in the household
电影精选列表