我们有一个称为“鸟群”的磁力系统
and we had a magnetic system called Flock of Birds.
我们把装置放在墙一边的架子上 然后把数据线连到邓肯身上
The system would sit on a shelf up on the side of the wall and wires would run to Duncan.
不难想象我们要小心翼翼的样子
So, if you can imagine, we had to be extremely careful
因为数据线只有这么长 如果想做一些夸张的死亡动作 我们就得注意线的长度
because the wires were only so long and, if he wanted to do some epic deaths, we had to sort of, like, be very precise with it
否则 稍不注意 整面墙上的设备就都会被他拽下来
because, literally, he would yank the entire thing off the wall.
我们当时抱着一种“录到什么就用什么”的心态
And it was just sort of, 'Just capture everything we can and just use it.'
当我们开始导入动捕数据的时候 才发现这些动作看起来真的很棒
Once we started going in and we realized that it looked really good
我们就想: 好吧 如果我们要加入部位伤害系统 就还得把所有受击动画都做一遍
so it's like, 'Okay, well, what if we… If we do the shooting body parts, we need to do all the animations for that as well
我们有一张列满了所有需要录制的动作的表格
We had a list of moves that we needed to capture.
里面有被击中手臂后恢复 或者被击中手臂后死亡
So, it would be shot in hand but recover, shot in hand and die
毕竟 打中手也是会死人的
because you could die from a hand shot, obviously
打中腿部 打中左腿 打中右腿 打中手臂 以及最喜闻乐见的 打中你的头
Grab your leg, grab your left leg, grab your right leg, grab your arm, you know, grab your head
做个翻滚 亮出配枪 接着开火射击 膝盖旋即中了一枪
do a roll over, and then come up with your gun, and then shot, get shot from the knee position.
所有这些动作都成了动捕录制内容的一部分
So, all of these things were considered as part of it.
如果我们想做一段身体受击的动画 我会告诉他闭上眼睛
If we wanted to do a body hit, I would tell him to close his eyes
因为在肌肉紧张紧绷的情况下 动捕的效果并不理想
because the last thing you want with motion capture is for someone to tense up.
所以 我当时说了些“放轻松 给你来一发就完事了”之类的话
So, I was like, 'Just relax, and I'm going to shoot you.'
我会偷偷地走到他身后或身前 给他的肩膀来一下
I would sneak up behind him or sneak up in front of him and literally whack him in the shoulder
然后我们就得到了身体受到前方或者后方击打的动捕数据
and you would then get that pushback or that push forward
有时 我是真的得把他打倒在地
and, sometimes, I would literally knock him to the ground.
是的 他确实称得上是为了艺术献身 这点毫无疑问
Yeah, he did suffer for his art, that's for sure.
我们有所有主要角色的照片 可以将它们扫描并贴在游戏模型上
So all the main characters, we had their photos, and we could just scan them and stick them on the thing.
显然 模型的面数被机能死死限制 角色的脸只能有个基本的轮廓
Obviously, we're very limited to how complex the models could be. They had to be very basic face shape
要区分不同的角色 只能靠面部纹理信息的异同
and then all the information on who the character was, was done through the texture of the face.
所以那会是: “我们需要更多的角色 因为用来充当NPC的角色不够了”
And, at that point, it's like, 'We need more characters than we've got, because we've got to have all the guards.
于是“那就用我们自己的脸吧”成了一个显而易见的解决方案
' So, the obvious thing was, 'Well, we'll just use our own faces.'
我们会给脸拍照 然后把照片对半切 然后再镜像一下覆盖另外半边
We would take the photographs and I would cut them in half and then split it over
因为我们现有的宣传照都是从一侧打光的 我得让两边看着一样亮
because all the promotional photographs we had were all lit from one side, so I would have to make them work.
但是 因为图片只有这么大 所以最后的效果还算勉强吧
But, because they were only, like, this big, you know, it was very, very forgiving.
负责美术的B·琼斯有稍微调整图像的习惯 导致最终成品看着有些吓人
B Jones who did the art got into the habit of, you know, changing them a bit so making them look a bit gruesome.
我是其中的一名守卫 脸上有一道很大的伤疤
I'm on one of the guards, and I've got a big scar down my face.
你的脸出现在了游戏里 感觉是件挺神奇的事 因为在大多数 FPS 里
To have your face in the game seemed amazing, because most first person shooter
游戏角色通常是手绘或建模的 突然之间 照片成了游戏的一部分
characters look generally hand drawn or modeled characters and, suddenly, you had photos.
我们不只找了多克博士 马丁和凯尔之类的
We didn't just have Dr. Doak and Martin and Karl and all that
我们还找了地勤人员 厨房♥员工
we had the groundsmen, we've got the kitchen staff
从 Rare 来的小孩 某个来过一次工作室的水管工
we've got the kids from Rare, we've got some random plumber
这就是为什么 当你在比如维♥基♥百♥科♥的页面上 看到这些人的时候
that came in one day. That's why, when you see on some of these, like, Wiki pages
会好奇“这些人是谁?”但他们其实只是正好来过大楼的人而已
it's like, 'Who are these people?' They're just random people that came into the building
我们想知道能否实现让玩家
There was a point where we were wondering whether you could be able to actually
扫描照片并导入到《黄金眼》里 制♥作♥多人角色
scan in a photo and stick it in GoldenEye for the multiplayer levels.
是的 有了Game Boy相机 你可以把摄影变成有趣的摄影
Yes, with Game Boy Camera, you can turn pho-tography into fun-tography.
最后这有点超出了我们的能力范围
That was a little beyond what we could do. In the end
嗯 实际上 珊妮亚·岳纳托的胸部
Well, actually, Xenia Onatopp's breasts.
特别令人难忘 因为我们必须找到
They were particularly memorable, because we had to try and figure out
用最少的多边形获得最佳形状的最好办法
the best way of getting the best shape out of the fewest polygons.
这一次 是我的荣幸
This time, the pleasure will be all mine.
《黄金眼》中角色的手都是方块
All the hands in GoldenEye are, of course, all boxes because they're all like this
因为他们得拿枪 我们能想出的最好办法也就这样了
because they have to hold guns, but that was the best way we could come up with that.
但是 他们手上仍然有六个纹理贴图 都是手工绘制的
But, they still had six texture maps on them that were all drawn by hand
因为你有拇指贴图 四指贴图和手背贴图
because you had this one, this one, this one.
那是根据我的手做的模型 《黄金眼》中的每个人都紧握着手
That was kind of modeled off my hand. Everybody's got clubbed hands in GoldenEye.
我们都有自己最喜欢的一部007电影
So, we all had our favorite Bond movies
我想: 如果我能任选一部邦德的电影做成游戏 我会选啥?
and I thought, 'Well, if I can build anything from any of the Bond movies, what do I want to build?'
“哦 我会选《太空城》的场景”
And it's like, 'Oh, I want to I want to build the Moonraker set.' You know
太棒了! 那就这么办 把它放进多人模式里
let's do that, and we'll turn it into a multiplayer, you know? Great, fantastic.
我们有一本关于枪♥支♥的厚书 基本就是《简氏枪♥械♥鉴赏指南》
We had this huge book of guns at work which was basically Jane's reference book of guns.
书里面记录了枪♥支♥射速和弹匣容弹量
So, you knew the firing rate. you knew how many bullets it would take
这些统计数据帮助我们在游戏里复现枪♥支♥
you know, and all of these stats went into making these guns work as you see them.
有了数据 我们就能尽可能真实地制♥作♥武器
So, they are as real as we could make them
我的意思是 俱乐部以极其不准确而闻名
I mean, the club's famous for being horrendously inaccurate
他们实际上赋予了枪一些特性 因为在那个时期
and they actually give the gun some character because, up until that point
设计师在《毁灭战士》这样的游戏里可以做出像BFG这样名字抢眼的枪
things like Doom, they'd had funny names like BFG and they did things
这游戏里只有一大堆射子弹的枪 因为这是007而不是科幻作品
but here, you had a whole series of guns which were just bullet guns, because it wasn't a sci-fi thing. It's James Bond.
那么“怎么让武器变好玩?”
So, 'What do you do to make it interesting?'
最后的解决方案 差不多是“这把枪的射速更高 但准头比较低 这把枪的声音很大”
And it's like, 'Okay, well, this gun has a higher fire rate, but it's really inaccurate. This gun, it makes a great noise
“而且 我们应该做出黄金枪来 其貌不扬 但是一击必杀”
But, we should have the golden gun. It doesn't look great, but it kills with one shot.'
这就是我们的解决方法
That's it. You know?
《黄金眼》是一款开创性的主机FPS
GoldenEye was the seminal first person shooter on consoles
在主机上首次引入了第一人称射击 多人对战和四人分屏游玩的概念
that kind of introduced the idea of first person shooting to a console generation of players as well as multiplayer, four-player split-screen gaming.
我玩的第一款 FPS 游戏是《007: 黄金眼》
The first FPS game that I played was GoldenEye 007.
它伴随着我一起长大
It was a game as I was growing up
刚上大学时 我和朋友去酒吧喝酒 喝醉了就回家玩《黄金眼》
and, right at the college year starting out, my friends and I would get drunk and go home from the bar and play.
我会和一群朋友坐下来 一起连续玩上十个小时
You'll sit down and play it with a bunch of your friends and we would just stay up for like 10 hours straight just playing.
甚至都没有注意到我们已经通宵了
We wouldn't even realize that we had stayed up through the night.
这可不在计划当中
It was never planned.
那时候 我们在午餐时间经常玩炸♥弹♥人 因为是个四人游戏所以我们都玩得很开心
We were playing a lot of Bomberman in lunchtimes, and we were just having so much fun because it was four-player
晚上 我们在 Unix 系统的电脑上玩局域网联机的《毁灭战士》
and, in the evenings, we played a lot of Doom on the Unix machines. We had network Doom
然后我们就想 “我们得给《黄金眼》做个分屏射击模式 太好玩了”
then we just thought, 'You know, we have to get a a split screen shooter in on this, because it's just too much fun not to
我们不知道主机的机能是否撑得起四人分屏
and we didn't know if the, if the console could handle it.
这时候史蒂夫·埃利斯加入了团队 他很快就做出了能玩的四人分屏
that was just around the time that Steve Ellis joined the team. Very, very quickly he had it up and running.
西蒙·法默是项目经理 有一天晚上过来看到我们在玩四人分屏模式
Simon Farmer, who's a production manager, came over one evening and saw us playing it
问道: “这是什么?” 我们回他“是《黄金眼》的多人部分”
and asked, 'What's that?' And it's like, 'Oh, it's a multiplayer GoldenEye.
他直接就吓了一跳
It was, like, that was a surprise.
按理来说 我们本来应该去开♥发♥游戏本体 毕竟它才是计划里要卖♥♥的部分
You know, you're supposed to be finishing this game because it has to be launched.
但恰恰相反 我们正忙于制♥作♥多人游戏
Instead, we're busy making a multiplayer version.
从某种角度来说这非常不务正业 我们还是一群以前从未制♥作♥过游戏的新手
I mean, it's deeply unprofessional. We were a bunch of newbies who never made a game before.
所以 Rare 一开始的反应是“你们能不能别作妖了 干点正事?”
So, the initial reaction to Rare was, 'Can you please just focus on what you're supposed to be doing?
当然 他们有这种担忧也合理
Which was perfectly reasonable on their part.
实际上没有人真的喜欢单纯的打耳光模式
Nobody actually liked playing slappers only,
我们喜欢的是跑来跑去 尝试扇死一起玩的朋友
but we love just running around trying to slap each other to death
很多时候感觉蠢到家了 比如试着抽死那个玩 Oddjob 的狗腿子
like it was just the, just the stupidity of the whole thing, like trying to slap somebody playing as Oddjob
因为这个角色矮的要死 所以很难扇到
like, you know, they're out there all the way on the ground, and you're trying to hit him
这个模式对十二 三岁的小孩和年龄各异的玩家来说
like there's just something appealing about that to us, like, you know
都有一种莫名的吸引力
12 year olds or whatever, whatever age we were at the time playing it.
这很有趣 因为“Slapper”在英格兰地区还有别的意思
And it was just funny, because, you know, 'slapper' means something else in England, of course
所以这还含有一层文字游戏的意味 看看我们能不能蒙混过去
so it was a kind of a play on words to see what we could get away with, you know?
当时 这会是新主机的手柄
This is going to be, you know, the new controller.
当时我们收到了一个手柄原型机 可惜我没留下来
I wish I had it still, but we got sent a prototype version
我们那时候都想着“这什么玩意儿?”
and we're like, you know, 'What on earth is that?'
当时 所有第一人称射击游戏都是针对PC开♥发♥ 用键鼠控制
All first person shooters up to that point had been based in PC, and they've generally been mice driven
类比摇杆对于主机上的射击游戏来说是如此的重要
with the analog little stick. You know, we felt that the shooting game was so important
因为突然之间你就在主机上拥有了微调的能力
because you've suddenly had fine adjustment.
让游戏玩起来感觉良好的最优先事项 就是游戏的控制手感
The control was the number one thing that really felt good.
黄金眼几乎做到了“在主机上 就该这么交互 就该这么移♥动♥”
It was almost like, 'That's how you do it on a console. That's how movement should work.
因为我们没有经历多么困难的开♥发♥ 所以我们的期望并不算高
We didn't have too many expectations, you know, We had a great time making it.
我们看到了它的所有问题 你总是能看到自己作品的问题
We saw everything that was wrong with it, like you always do with your own creations.
我们知道帧数在某些地方很不稳定
You know, we knew that the frame rate was ropey in places
有些事情我们想做却没能做到
there were bits that we wanted to do that we didn't get to do
我们放弃了很多故事元素
lots of bits of narrative that we dropped.
然后直到亚特兰大的E3展会 展出几乎开♥发♥完成的游戏时
And then, it wasn't until, I think, it was the E2 show in Atlanta, when we turned up with it almost finished
任天堂将其放在会场的机器上 结果玩的人♥大♥排长龙
Nintendo put it on a load screen, and everyone was turning up playing it
每个人玩完离开时都交口称赞
and then, they were coming away saying good things about it
这是游戏质量绝佳的先兆
you know, and that was the first indication that we had something pretty good on our hands.
《黄金眼》获得震动外设加持 感受007遇上N6♥4♥
GoldenEye, load a Rumble Pak, and see how it feels when 007 meets N6♥4♥.
宫本茂有句名言
Well, there's that famous quote from Miyamoto
延期的游戏可以做好 赶工的游戏永远不行 之类的话
where, you know, a delayed game can be good, but a rushed game is forever shitty, something like that.
你知道这句话 每个人都知道这句话
You know the quote, everybody knows the quote.
他希望詹姆斯·邦德在结尾处到一家医院里走走 和所有被他打死的人握手
He wanted James Bond to go around a hospital right at the end and shake hands with all the people that Bond had shot
这是我见过最奇怪的请求
which was just the most bizarre
“为什么? 为什么要这么做?”
bizarre request of like, 'Why? Why would you want to do that?'
这就是尸体倒下后会消失的原因之一
And that's one of the reasons why the bodies then began to disappear.
我们在开♥发♥之初确实有一个版本
We did have a version right at the beginning where we developed this series of cards
敌人会流血 太可怕了
and what they would do, they would show the blood coming out of the body, and it was hideous.
《黄金眼》在当时不是典型的任天堂产品
It was not a typical Nintendo product at that time
显然 他们倾向于制♥作♥子供向游戏
clearly, I mean, they've tended to do, you know lots of much more children-based games, and
《黄金眼》肯定不是 因为你是詹姆斯·邦德 詹姆斯·邦德会杀人
this was clearly not a child-based game, because you were James Bond and James Bond kills people.
难以置信 它在租赁排行榜上呆了两年 《黄金眼》绝对是细水长流
It was in the rental charts for two years, which was absolutely stunning, but it was such a slow burn, GoldenEye.
它不是那种“天哪 我们的游戏大卖♥♥了”
You know, it was never that, 'Oh my goodness, we've had this massive hit.'
它的影响力一直持续到今天 而我们也是因此才有机会在今天接受采访
It was this very, very long, slow burn which, obviously, still is, because we're doing an interview about it now.
在这之前 我们没有人制♥作♥过游戏 也没有一起工作过
None of us had made a game before, none of us had worked together before.
电影精选列表