但 没有人真正准备好了体验360°旋转
But, no one was really ready for the 360 rotation.
我还注意到很多人在游戏刚开始就迷路了
And I noticed a lot of people at, at first were getting lost,
这也是我们在游戏中加入引导机器人的原因之一
and that was one of the reasons the Guide Bot got put into the game.
但这部作品是革命性的 玩家们脸上洋溢出的喜悦之情着实令我们激动不已
But, it was revolutionary, and the delight that we saw from people's faces was absolutely a thrill.
这会是一款很酷的游戏 它与我们所做过的所有作品都大不相同
This is gonna be a really cool game. It's so different than anything we're doing
我是说那些“一人一枪一世界”的游戏
Which is, 'A dude with a gun runs around.'
我们当时想: “我们要是和《毁灭战士》正面硬碰硬”
We, at the time, thought, 'You know, we gotta go head to head with Doom.
“就得提供一些经得起比较的卖♥♥点”
We gotta just make some comparisons straight away.'
而《天旋地转》带来了这些类型完全不同的战斗体验
And Descent offers all these different types of combat experiences.
比起《毁灭战士》 它是真正的三维空间
It's a true 3D space, Doom is not.
我们必须自成一派 因为它有点像是一款射击游戏 但又并非如此
We had to distinguish ourselves, because it was kind of a shooter, but it really wasn't.
它最接近的是一场科幻探索之旅
It was mostly like this sci-fi exploration
有着出色的操控性 也提供了一些战斗体验
with great controls and also some combat experiences as well.
他们开♥发♥出来的《天旋地转》与众不同
Descent was something that they brought something different, new
为射击游戏这一类型注入了新鲜血液 我认为这才是
and fresh to the genre, so I think that's the way
它能够在那个时代所开♥发♥的所有游戏里脱颖而出的原因
why it stood out amongst all the other games that were being developed at the time.
在隧♥道♥里与其他飞船进行高速死亡竞赛相当酷
High speed Deathmatch with ships inside of tunnels was pretty cool.
这也是 Interplay 发行的第一款有CD光碟的游戏
It was also the first title at Interplay that we had a CD-ROM.
第一次发CD游戏 这件事本身就非同小可了 而其中有个细节对我们很重要
That was a big deal. One thing that was really important to us:
那就是 包装盒的封面图片 必须具有动态感 并且惊艳众人
the cover image of the box had to be dynamic and incredible.
我们耗费了大量的时间去截图 只为了捕捉那条完美的轨迹
We spent just a lot of time on screenshots really getting that right trajectory.
那时候修图软件还不普及不是吗? 所以在截图时所见即所得
Those are all the pre-Photoshop days, right? So, when we did screenshots, those were real screenshots.
我们想要在盒装封面上创造一个充满动态的徽标
We wanted to create the dynamic icon in the front of the box
真正利用上这片空间
and just kind of really own that space in a big way.
在那个时候 你可以在PC游戏的盒装上进行一些独特发挥:
Back in those days, for PC games, you could do things that were really unique:
例如抽拉式包装 又或是真3D纹理
pull-out packages, really 3D textures.
游戏体验的一部分就在于那份装宝珠的椟子
Part of the game experience was buying that box
去游戏零售店里 拿起那个包装 心里想着 “啊 我发现了个不得了的玩意”
going to the game store and picking up that package and just, like, ' 'Ah, I've really got something here.'
回顾《天旋地转》 我为自己能参与其中而深感自豪
I look back at Descent as something I'm very proud to be a part of.
在这里 我意识到了一件事 “我来对地方了”
It was the thing, for me, where I realized, 'I'm in the right place.'
这就是突破性的技术 是游戏玩法的全新潜力
This is just breakthrough technology, a new potential for gameplay.
灵光一闪般的《天旋地转》把当时的硬件性能发挥到了极致
It was like that spark of innovation Descent was pushing the hardware as hard as it could.
我是来这儿嚼泡泡糖顺便开个杀戒的 而泡泡糖我已经嚼完了
I am here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum.
他们喜欢那句话
They love that one.
大王驾到 宝贝
Hail to the King Baby
陶德·里普洛格尔 是《毁灭公爵》全系列的程序员
Todd Replogle was the programmer for all the Duke games
当时他正在开♥发♥一款被他称作《重金属》的游戏
and he was working on a game that he was calling Heavy Metal at the time
因为他就是想要某种重金属的精神
because he just wanted that sort of, you know, heavy metal attitude
于是我就说: “你看 我们为什么不模仿漫画的方式给角色取名呢?”
and I said, 'Look, you know, why don't we name it after a character like comics do?'
于是 我们开始讨论名字 我记得我想出了“公爵”这个名字
So, we started batting around names, and I remember I came up with the name 'Duke'
因为我感觉这是个很棒 很有力 充满能量的名字
because I felt like it was a good, strong, powerful first name
而陶德想出了用“毁灭”作为姓氏的点子 于是乎
and Todd came up with the idea for 'Nukem' as the last name, so
啰里吧唆
[Duke] Bitching
实际上 毁灭公爵的外观最初一直没能拍板
Really, the Duke Nukem look didn't come about until
直到我的同事乔治·布鲁萨尔把他的发色从白色换成了黄色 并把发型改成了短寸头
my partner, George Broussard, he changed the hair color from white to yellow and made it a short military crop
他又给了公爵一个灿烂无暇的微笑
and he gave Duke this bright, white smile.
靠 我看起来真有型
[Duke] Damn, I'm looking good.
《毁灭公爵》初代成了一个小巧 有趣 外加一些射击元素的平台游戏
It just turned into a fun little platformer with shooting.
他不像其他游戏角色那般佩戴护甲 我们还让他
He didn't wear armor, and we had him do
有时在跳起来后做几个炫酷的空翻 仿佛他在炫耀似的
crazy flips sometimes when he jumped, almost like he's showing off.
正是这个角色个性的根源 为我们的每部作品锦上添花
You know, that was really the roots of his character that we embellished with each game.
在《毁灭公爵2》的开♥发♥过程中 我负责了创意指导的工作
I was kind of creative directing over development of Duke Nukem II
于是我说: “公爵身上有什么重要的元素?”
and I said, 'What is the big thing about Duke?
“不得不说 他相当自负 要是他自负到去收集自己的周边会怎么样?”
Well, he's really kind of vain. What if he collected his own memorabilia?'
所以 《毁灭公爵2》里他就在收集自己的周边
So, he collects his own memorabilia in Duke Nukem II.
我回来了
[Duke] I'm back.
而公爵的第三部作品似乎又玩过头了
And, Duke 3, it kind of went over the top again.
这一切都在《毁灭公爵3D》里登峰造极
It all really came together with Duke Nukem 3D.
在《毁灭公爵3D》的最初版本里
The initial version of Duke 3D,
开♥发♥人员就做了一系列玩起来并不好玩的关卡
they were just doing a bunch of levels. It just wasn't turning out fun.
杀了我吧
Kill me.
有一次 我看到《毁灭公爵3D》的开♥发♥人员们 工作到下午五点后
At one point, like I was watching the Duke team members work on the game 'till 5:00 PM
说: “活干完了” 然后开始一起玩《毁灭战士》
say, 'We are done with work,' and then play Doom together.
于是我把乔治带到一个房♥间里 关上房♥门 说:
I just, like, pulled George in a room, closed the door, and said
“这个游戏不会变得好玩的 因为大家都不去开♥发♥它 而去玩《毁灭战士》了”
'This game is not turning out fun. Everybody is stopping working on it and playing Doom.
“你必须介入开♥发♥ 让游戏变得好玩起来”
You have to intervene and make this a fun game.'
之后 乔治把项目前负责人开了 亲自上阵 并最终把游戏变得好玩了
And, to George's credit, he got rid of the previous head of it and took it over himself
这点还是值得称道的
and that was turning out really fun.
他们拿来了一堆知名的电影台词 把它们作为公爵的口头禅
They kind of, like, used a bunch of known movie lines as, you know, Duke things.
棒极了
Groovy.
棒极了
[Duke] Groovy.
在1990年 我搬到了圣地亚哥
In 1990, I moved here to San Diego.
到了1995年 配音导演拉尼·明妮拉 在我的工作室录制一段汽车经销商广♥告♥
In 1995, Lani Minella, the casting director, was in my studio to record an automobile dealer commercial.
她进来时 我们正在安装麦克风
And she came in, we're setting up the microphones
于是我打开麦克风 玩弄了起来 发出各种稀奇古怪的声音
and I turned my mic on, and I started doing wacky voices and being crazy
就为了和她炫耀一下
Just, you know, to kind of show off to her
她说: “哇!你能驾驭的音色相当广泛啊! 有兴趣给电子游戏配音吗?”
and she said, 'Wow! You've got remarkable range! How would you like to act in video games?'
我之前也玩过几款游戏 所以我说“电子游戏里又没人说话”
And I'd played a few. 'There's no voices in video games.'
她回我说: “等着看 很快就会有了”
She said, 'Well, there's gonna be.'
“有一款叫《毁灭公爵》的游戏 我觉得很适合你”
And there's this game called Duke Nukem that I think you'd be great for.
这是我第一次为游戏配音试镜 而我当天就通过了
The very first game that I auditioned for, and I landed it that day.
靠 我看起来真有型
[Duke] Damn, I'm good.
拉尼·明妮拉当时作为配音导演和我一起在工作室里
Lani Minella was with me in the studio as the director
她给乔治·布鲁萨尔打了通电♥话♥
and she dialed up George Broussard.
乔治接了电♥话♥ 拉尼说:
George gets on the phone, and Lani says, 'George
“告诉约翰你觉得角色应该是什么样子的 他有什么原型吗?”
tell John what you think the character should be like. What is he based on?“
“他是个狠角色 你心中的狠角色是什么样子的?”
'He's a badass character. Who's that badass you have in mind?'
不知为何 他想到了查尔斯·布朗森
For some reason, he thought Charles Bronson
我就说: “哦 查尔斯·布朗森 你想让我模仿他那样说话吗?”
and I went, 'Oh, Charles Bronson, you want me to talk like Charles Bronson?'
他说: “不 那样不行”
He goes, 'No, no, no, that's not it.'
拉尼建议我模仿 《肮脏的哈里》中的克林特·伊斯特伍德
And Lani suggested that I imitate Clint Eastwood from Dirty Harry.
“问问你自己 你是不是自我感觉很好? 你是吗 瘪三?”
'So, you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? Well, do you, punk?'
乔治又说: “这调调我喜欢 但公爵是个肌肉发达的大块头”
And George went, 'I like that tonality, but Duke Nukem is a roided out huge muscular dude
于是我说: “那好 我就降一个八度”
and I, I said, 'Okay, I'l just lower it an octave.'
“你是不是自我感觉很好? 你是吗 瘪三?”
Well, do you feel lucky? Do you, punk?
就是这样 我之后用这种腔调说了有大概 三十年?
And that was it, and I've been talking like this now for what? 30 years? You know?
约翰是我们能为公爵找到的最好的配音演员
We could not have picked a better voice actor for Duke with Jon St. John.
他至今仍对这个角色津津乐道
He relished the role to this day.
他在配音的过程中投入了全方位的热情
He played it with gritty enthusiasm and just embraced
并完全接纳了乔治·布鲁萨尔提供给他的角色定位
the direction that George Broussard gave him for the character.
对了 我经常在社交媒体上收到给台词配音的请求
Oh yeah, I, I get requests for these lines on social media all the time
当然 我也发掘了一条财路
but, of course, I've found a way to monetize it.
现在我都让他们去我的Cameo上发去
So, now I just send them to my Cameo.
在《功夫热狗》里 杰森·金一边嚼泡泡糖一边大开杀戒
Jason King is chewing gum and kicking ass on Kung Fu Hotdog.
你猜怎么着? 他的杀戒开完了
And, guess what? He's all out of ass.
《公爵3D》为第一人称射击这一类型
Duke Nukem added a level of tongue in cheek
增添了一层嘴皮子上的大男子主义
machismo to the first person shooter genre.
曾经你对第一人称射击的了解仅限于《毁灭战士》和《雷神之锤》
If the only thing you know about first person shooter is Doom and Quake
只知道恶魔和地狱之类的要素等等
and, you know, demons and hell and, you know, blah, blah, blah.
就在这时 你见到了公爵这个花哨无比的角色
And then, you have this, this completely over the top character.
我认为它给我留下的最大印象是 它是一款不那么认真的游戏
I think the biggest impression that it made on me was that a game like this doesn't have to take itself so seriously.
你知道吗?
You know?
我可不怕当头一“锤”
[Duke] I ain't afraid of no quake.
这是我第一次觉得自己在玩一款角色有着鲜明个性的游戏
I mean that was the first time I think I'd play a game where the character had like a personality
它更像一部90年代的动作片 例如《幻影英雄》或者《越空狂龙》之类的
more like a '90s action film. You know, Last Action Hero, Demolition Man
这些电影都有种风♥骚♥感 还都包含了些喜剧要素
like all these movies had a bit of, like, an awareness and, like, a comedy factor.
别忘了去上工
Don't give up your day job.
那些在 Triptych 3D Realms 还有 Apogee 的人们
The folks at, uh, Triptych and at 3D Realms and Apogee
他们想出了所有的台词 应该说 其中大部分是他们偷来的
they came up with all the lines. Well, they stole most of them.
很显然公爵的大部分台词都是偷来的
Obviously, Duke Nukem's lines were mostly stolen.
我是来嚼个泡泡糖顺便开个杀戒的
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
而泡泡糖我已经嚼完了
and I'm all out of bubblegum.
我想 像斯科特·米勒和乔治·布鲁萨尔他们
I think what happened with, uh, Scott Miller and George Broussard was
他们明显都是《鬼玩人》还有《极度空间》等类型片的狂热影迷
they clearly were big fans of genre films such as Evil Dead, and They Live
于是他们就直接从这些标志性的经典电影里借台词来用
and they basically just ripped lines from those movies that are classic iconic films
某种意义上也是把它们介绍给那些完全不知道这些台词出处的新生代小年轻们
and kind of introduced it to a new generation of kids that didn't even know what those lines were from.
大王驾到 宝贝
Hail to the King, baby.
大王驾到 宝贝
[Duke] Hail to the King, baby.
哦 其中有些台词呢 是我在录制过程中受拉尼启发即兴发挥的
Oh, there were some lines that I, uh, I was triggered by Lani during the recording session.
出于某种原因 我发现一旦提到舰长日志 我就情不自禁地
For some reason, I find the captain's log somewhere, and I couldn't stop thinking about
电影精选列表