并且没有地域限制 也没有性别限制
and there's no geographical limitations. There's really no gender limitations.
我所在的战队 PMS战队 成为了成千上万女性的大本营
My clan, PMS clan, it became a home for thousands and thousands of women.
战斗给将近一百多位女性提供了参加职业比赛的机会
It gave the opportunity for, you know, maybe almost a hundred to compete, you know, professionally, at professional tournaments.
在战队里一起训练比赛促成了我们的姐妹情谊
It's literally something that was like a culture for us in a sisterhood
为我们所有人注入热情
that of a sport that just drove a passion in all of us
要成为职业玩家 你必须牺牲很多东西
There's a lot that you have to sacrifice in your life to become a pro gamer
因为它是一份全职工作 竞争程度 尤其是放到现在 太疯狂了
because it's, it's a full time job. The people who compete, especially nowadays, it's insane.
训练的强度 对任何参加比赛的队伍来说都是非常高的
Training's pretty intense, uh, for any team going into competition
我们必须严阵以待
and we, uh, take it seriously.
电子竞技意味着 每天玩同一个游戏八个小时来维持技术实力
Playing eSports, you're playing the same game for eight hours a day, every day to stay competitive
还要在比赛里站得住脚
and to not embarrass yourself at a tournament, you know?
在篮球比赛中 每一队都有自己的战术手册 这点在电竞里也是一样的
Strategizing, it's the same as any sport. In basketball, you're going to have your playbook.
竞争的动向可以说异常激烈与精彩
The competitive dynamics were such that it was very legit.
伟大的选手将登上万众瞩目的舞台 而观众可以欣赏他们的技术
Your great players rose to the top, you could appreciate the skill of the people that you're watching
我认为这是任何运动蓬勃发展都要具备的
which I think is a prerequisite for any sport to thrive
而我们从游戏的青葱岁月就看到了它的潜力
and, you know, we saw that from the early days of games.
和这群同好一起参加比赛
Going to these events with just a whole bunch of people
一起聊天 玩电子游戏 感觉就像一家人
who just want to talk and play video games, it was like my people.
我刚从大学毕业 就在 Rare 参加了工作
I joined Rare fresh out of university
那时候他们刚刚做完《大金刚国度》 可以说正处于巅峰期
and they had just finished Donkey Kong Country so they were really famous and successful.
我不敢相信能得到去那里工作的机会
I, I couldn't believe I got a job there.
那时候他们仍在制♥作♥大量基于2D精灵图的游戏
They were still doing a lot of 2D sprite-based games
大约三个月后 团队领导 马丁·霍利斯进来询问我有关詹姆斯·邦德游戏的事情
and, after about three months, Martin Hollis, the team leader came in and asked me about working on a James Bond game.
任天堂购买♥♥了007的授权 然后交给了Rare 问他们“能拿这个做游戏吗?”
Nintendo bought the license and had given it to Rare and said, 'Would you like to do something with this?'
Rare不太确定 因为当时的电影授权的改编游戏经常翻车
Rare weren't too sure because, obviously, film license tie-in games at that time were notoriously bad.
马丁对他们说 “可以 但我希望面向即将推出的新一代主机进行开♥发♥”
Martin had said to them, 'Well, I'd like to do it, but I want to do it on the new console that we know is coming out
在那个阶段“Reality计划”就是后来的 Nintendo 6♥4♥
And, at that stage, that was Project Reality which became the Nintendo 6♥4♥.
令人惊叹的逼真3D电子娱乐
Breathtakingly realistic 3D video entertainment ever witnessed
Reality计划!
Project Reality!
我们当时对 Reality 计划知之甚少 只知道它在3D方面会非常强大
which we knew very little about other than that it was going to be very powerful in 3D.
Reality计划能让游戏玩家 体验到比肩电影画面的震撼视觉效果
Project Reality will bring to home video players the same types of astounding visual effects seen in movies.
那时候我刚刚在伯恩茅斯大学完成了3D建模课程
I had just done a 3D modeling course at university in Bournemouth
那是当时唯一有3D计算机建模课程的学校
the only course at the time that did 3D computer modeling.
1993年我在上伯恩茅斯大学时 刚好就坐在卡尔·希尔顿旁边
When I went to Bournemouth University back in 1993, I literally sat next to Karl Hilton.
我们毕业后 他在 Rare 找到了一份工作 我问他“这活专业对口吗?”
When we graduated, he got a job at Rare, and I said, 'Oh, is this something I could do?'
他回复我“当然 我们看看能不能给你安排个面试 ”
And he went,'Yeah, we'll see if we can swing you an interview.' So, he said
“面试的时候你就说《VR战警》是你最喜欢的游戏就行 ”
'All you need to do is just tell him that Virtua Cop is your favorite game.'
所以 进去面试的时候我就扯了一通《VR战警》
So, that's what I did. I talked about Virtua Cop,
尽管那个时候除了这个名字 我什么都不知道
even though I knew nothing about it
但他在面试开始前就提前给我透了题 所以还没等结束我就被录用了
but he told me all the stuff I was supposed to say, and I got the job before I left the interview.
《VR战警》里的精彩枪战是这游戏的亮点
The thing that was fun about Virtua Cop was it set up all these great gun battles
游戏的玩法是 和从掩体后面跳出来和朝你开枪的敌人交火
where people would jump out from behind things and try and shoot you and you had to react to it and
游戏镜头会在你游玩期间带你走完流程
and the camera would narrate you through the whole game.
你可以打出非常炫酷的枪战
You could set up really fancy gunplay
对于像邦德这样百发百中的人来说 我们觉得这很自然
and so, we felt that lent itself very naturally to something like Bond where he's, he's a great shot.
我们一开始的计划是轨道射击游戏
The on rail shooter was how we started.
如果你现在回头看初始的演示会感觉很诡异
If you look back now at the original footage, it just felt weird.
游戏会强制让你向左看或向右看
It would make you look left or look right
而你实际上想看的是另一个方向 因为警卫正从那个方向过来
whereas you actually wanted to look the other way because guards were coming the other way.
我们当时不能确定主机的机能是否达到了我们的期望
We weren't sure at that point if the the console was really going to be powerful enough to do proper 3D
能渲染出让玩家在3D场景里流畅行动的帧数
where you could roam around, and we wanted to keep the frame rate really fast
实际上 任天堂提供给我们的早期模拟器的性能真的很强
and, actually, the performance on the early emulators that we had for Nintendo was really good
所以我们满怀期望地认为: “不需要把玩家钉死在轨道上 让他们自♥由♥移♥动♥吧”
so we got all enthusiastic and decided, 'Ah, we don't need to have it on rails at all. We'll just be free roaming,'
记得任天堂给我们发了本手册 里面基本上都在强调不该用新一代主机做的事
and I remember Nintendo sending us a little almost manual of things you shouldn't, shouldn't do with the new console
有一条是“绝对不要尝试做3D第一人称射击游戏 机能没到那地步”
and one of it was, says, 'Don't try and do 3D first person shooters, because it'll be too much.'
但我们选择了无视
But, we kind of just ignored that.
♪ E大调小提琴协奏曲《春天》♪
♪ Violin Concerto in E Major, "Spring" ♪
我们的工作室是座老旧的农舍
We were in this old farmhouse.
有些团队呆的地方被叫做马厩 就跟外号♥一样 真的是经过改造的马厩
Some of the teams were in what was called, you know, the stables, because they were converted stables.
我们都是新手 我们制♥作♥的这款授权游戏不是典型的任天堂游戏
We were all newbies, and we were making this license game which wasn't typically Nintendo
所以没有人真对我们感兴趣
so no one was really interested in us.
游戏开始开♥发♥的时间和电影的美术组开始布景的时间几乎同时
We started just about the same time the art department started on the film.
♪黄金眼 我发现了他的弱点♪
♪Golden eye, I found his weakness♪
因此 我们得以坐在这辆奔驰车的后座上前往 Leavesden 工作室
So, we get chauffeured down to Leavesden Studios in the back of this Mercedes.
他们给了我们完全的行动自♥由♥ 所以我们走遍了所有布景
They gave us full access, so we walked around all the sets
只要他们当时没有开工 我们就会事无巨细地拍照
as long as they weren't filming at the time and took photos of everything.
我们游览了圣彼得堡那一幕 我们游览了机场那一幕
We went round St. Petersburg, we went round the airport set
我们游览了大结局那幕里那个有一堆计算机的地方
we went round the, the big end sequence set where all the computers were and everything
因为 当时我们有一种叫做数码相机的东西
because, at that time, we had this thing called a digital camera.
隆重介绍数码相机!
Introducing the digital camera!
这玩意在1994年的时候 还没上市
which didn't exist in 1994.
透过它的镜头 你的一切都更美妙!
It makes everything you do look better.
当时我们手上这台大的像板砖 但我们还是用它来拍摄所有的参考
We had this massive, massive brick and we used that to photograph everything.
《黄金眼》中的大部分纹理都是扫描自我拍的照片
Most of the textures in Golden Eye were were just scans of the photos that I took.
我仍然保留着我们在雕像公园拍摄的照片 这是我制♥作♥的场景之一
I've still got the photographs that we took from Statue Park which is one of the sets I built.
我以前还学过建筑学 所以突然间我就从一个2D精灵图画家
I come from an architecture background so, suddenly, it was not being, being a 2D sprite artist
变成3D雕塑家 很多事情开始大变样
but being a 3D thinker that, that made all the difference.
卡尔负责所有的基本关卡结构 他做完后我才开始做美术
Karl was the guy doing all of the architectural elements. I didn't move into doing the background until later on.
丛林区和雕像公园是我做的
I built the Jungle area and Statue Park.
其中的很多事情都给我做了 毕竟照片参考都是我们拍的
A lot of that was left up to me because we had a lot of photo reference.
我有一张地图和平面图
So, I essentially had a map and a floor plan
“好吧 只要给这个区域做点美术 然后给点掩体”
and it was like, 'Right, just populate this area and give it some blinds
“然后放一些我们拍了参考回来的雕像”
and put some, lots of statues in it that we have reference for.'
大坝基本上完美体现了《黄金眼》“设计混乱且计划不周”的一面
The dam's a perfect example of how GoldenEye was very, very random and badly planned.
由于负责那一关的邓肯·博特伍德是设计师而非美术
Duncan Botwood, he wasn't an artist, he was a designer.
所以他直接删掉了大坝和山脉的主要部分 以及通往水坝的道路
He went and blocked out the dam, the main masses of the dam and the mountains and the road that led up to it
然后发送给我 我打开它一看“哇 这么搞要出事”
and sent it to me, and I open it up, and it's like 'Woah, this isn't gonna work.'
因为邓肯的工作是根据电影以及对关卡用途的预想 来设计关卡
Which is fair, you know, because, you know Duncan's job was to get the design of the level
所以他这么做这倒是很合理
based on the movie and how we were going to use it.
所以这时我想: 好吧 我该怎么 我该怎么搞定这事?
So, at that point, it's like, 'Okay, how am I… How am I going to make this work?'
—“我可以的” —“那就快点!”
I can do it. -Then, get on with it!
当我设计关卡布局时 最重要的理念是弯折
When I was designing the layouts, it was all based on doglegs.
所以关卡给人的感觉很大 但实际上要渲染的东西并不多
so it felt like you were looking at a lot but, actually. what it was actually having to draw wasn't much.
我们有一个 一旦场景内的物品不在屏幕上出现 就自动停止渲染的系统
We had a system where I could put in elements that would, as soon as it wasn't on the screen, it would get turned off.
所以 实际上你只是在你的视锥触及的地方内走动
So, you were literally just walking around in a cone of what you could see.
因为我想在火车站关卡里创造一个迷宫 所以关卡里堆满了那些大板条箱
The train depot is full of those big crates because effectively what I was doing there was creating another maze
板条箱遮挡了视线 感觉就像身处一个无限延伸的大房♥间里
where I could block off the views, so it feels like you're in a big space with lots of things
但实际上 这一切只是一个没有天花板的室内空间
but, actually, you're effectively in an interior space without a ceiling.
那些关卡设计优化的知识对我来说很困难 因为我以前根本没接触过
I had a sort of, like, steep learning curve because I hadn't done any of the levels at all.
卡尔教我如何制♥作♥纹理以及如何优化它们
So Karl taught me about how to make the textures and how to make them work
特别是对于树木之类的东西 因为机能撑不起多少多边形运算
especially for things like the trees, because you can only have so many polygons
如果是在丛林关卡 那么开♥发♥者还要想办法让游戏在百树千花万草的重压下运行
and, if you've got a jungle level, you're trying to make it out of millions and millions of flowers or trees or what have you.
在《黄金眼》里 几乎满眼都是黑白色调
If you look at GoldenEye, it's almost a black and white game
这是因为使用大量黑白纹理着色可以节省大量内存
because that saves us a lot of memory by using a lot of black and white textures and then coloring them.
圣彼得堡的档案馆就是一个完美的例子 你只要跑过几条走廊
The archives in St. Petersburg is a perfect example where you see a couple of corridors that he runs down
然后就到了主图书馆 一通上蹿下跳后 破窗而出找到坦克
and you see the main library where he swings across and goes out the window into the tank area.
在《黄金眼》里开坦克是我在这世界上最喜欢的事情之一
One of my favorite things in the world is when you get into the tank on GoldenEye.
你明白那种感觉 对吧? 突然之间 玩家就能用坦克碾压全场? 爽
You know what I mean, right? Suddenly, you're in the tank. Suddenly, you're daddy? Yeah.
这是游戏业界的一个伟大时刻
That's a great moment in gaming.
但是 《黄金眼》里也不只是突突突
But, you weren't always shooting in Goldeneye.
玩家要解谜 还要灵活运用道具
You were doing puzzles, you were figuring stuff out.
《黄金眼》被视作一款邦德冒险游戏
GoldenEye was seen as a Bond adventure game.
我最喜欢的部分之一 可能是邦德从厕所潜入时 有个警卫刚好拿着报纸在上号♥
That was probably one of my favorite bits that he comes in through there and there's a guard having on the toilet with a newspaper
我们都觉得“这个桥段太有意思了” 而能够在游戏里重现这一幕真是太棒了
and we thought, you know, 'It's funny to do those things.' So, being able to recreate it was great.
你迟到了007 我在厕所被耽误了一会
You're late, 007. I had to stop in the bathroom.
我负责角色美术 所有的角色动画都是我做的
I was the character builder, and I did all the animations.
我一手打造了罗杰·摩尔 肖恩·康纳利也是我的手笔 还有蒂莫西·道尔顿
I built Roger Moore, I built Sean Connery, and I built Timothy Dalton
我们一口气做完了各个版本的邦德
because we had an all Bond version at one go.
在开♥发♥的早期 上面和我们说 想用哪个邦德用哪个
And we were told early on, you know, you've got access to the whole Bond universe.
后来我们才意识到根本不是这么回事儿
We discovered later, we didn't.
我们只有皮尔斯·布鲁斯南的授权
We only had the right for Pierce Brosnan
肖恩·康纳利和他的人物授权实在是太贵了
Sorting out the permissions with Sean Connery and his estate, it became too expensive.
当开♥发♥者测试游戏时 每个人操作的都是邦德
When they did some of the playtesting, everybody would play a Bond
他们要比赛谁先拿到一百个击杀
and they did first one to 100 kills.
我记得应该是马丁以一分领先获胜
Martin won it by one kill, I think
角色美术B·琼斯穿上了一套 在当时是最先进的动捕套装
It was B Jones, the character artist, who put the suit on. At the time, it was a cutting edge suit
那时候我们不确定我们的需求是什么
and we weren't sure what we needed.
大部分工作都是她和邓肯·博特伍德完成的
It was her and Duncan Botwood that did most of it
我会让他穿上动作捕捉服
I would get him set up in the motion capture suit.
我负责动捕系统的运行 而JB就听着我的指示做动作
I would run the actual system, and he would become my body if you like
电影精选列表