《半条命》第一次让人感觉自己真正地
Half-Life, for the first time, it felt you were kind of invested
沉浸到角色和他的故事中 而不仅仅只是杀怪而已
in a character and in what happens, not just kill the monsters.
这个创意 一个普通人
There was the idea of, you know, an ordinary guy
手无寸铁 被迫去面对这一切
who isn't equipped to deal with the problems he's forced to confront.
这真是一个引人入胜的故事
I mean, that's a really compelling narrative.
其他更多人的生命寄托在你的身上
More lives than your own may depend on your fitness.
你之前不可能玩得到这样的游戏 这是一种全新的体验
You've never played this kind of game before. This is something new.
游戏的每一帧 每一张贴图 每一次遭遇 都散发着高质量的气息
The quality oozed out of every moment and every image and every encounter.
与低度出入许可保全部门 请联络
Low clearance security, please contact
我记得有个四条腿的搬运机器人 可以像叉车一样搬运物品
I remember there was a, a load lifter, like that had four legs that was picking up stuff like a forklift.
所以你真的能感受到: 有人在这里工作 这个地方是活着的
So you would see, ‘Oh yeah, there are people working here. There's just…This is a living breathing place.
我认为《半条命》的独特之处在于叙事节奏 你坐着列车去上班
I think what's so special about Half-Life is its pacing. You're on this train on your way into work
这和之前那些射击游戏很不一样 对吧?
which is very different from the shooter's that preceded it, right?
你只能被动地接受信息
It's passive. You're just sort of watching.
“错过预约验尿或辐射检查将会被解雇”
Missing a scheduled urinalysis or radiation checkup is grounds for immediate termination.
令人兴奋之处在于 他们是如何向玩家展示这一切并定下基调的
The exciting part about that was just like just showing people and setting a tone.
这是一个以你为主角的故事
It's about storytelling where you are the protagonist
你可以选择去看 去发现不同的线索
and you get to choose what to look at and you get to pick up on what different clues there are.
也可以再玩一遍 去寻找那些之前你错过的东西
You can play this again and see things that you probably hadn't seen before.
“现在到达: C区实验室”
Now arriving at Sector C test labs
“早安 弗里曼先生 您看起来快迟到了”
Good morning Freeman, looks like you are running late
游戏只是创造了一个角色 一个世界 然后让你沉浸式地去体验
But, what it does is it sets up the character it sets up the world, and it just immerses you in the experience
当故事展开 战斗开始之后
and then, when the story unfolds and the action starts
你就已经有足够的动力玩下去了
you're already committed.
《半条命》给我们业内的所有人上了一课
Half-Life was a game that taught everyone in our industry a lesson.
故事就存在于游戏的关卡之中 你在游戏中的所见所闻都是故事的一部分
This story is, like, built into the levels. It's built into what you're seeing in the game.
一切都是以你为中心
It's always around you.
“你不是半小时以前就应该在实验室里面了吗?”
Weren’t you supposed to be in the test chamber a half an hour ago?
玩家们足够自♥由♥ 以至于能产生一种代入感
There was enough player freedom that players could feel a sense of agency
并在某种程度上真的体验到这种感觉
and actually experience agency to some extent.
“天呐! 你在做什么?”
Oh my god, what are you doing?
对我来说 《半条命》其实早在Day One这个演示面世的时候就已经算是发布了
For me, the launch of Half-Life was really when Day One was released.
Day One就是一个预览版 就像这个游戏的开端
That was a preview version that had, like, the start of the game.
那时我们才真正听到了其他开♥发♥者的 还有媒体的回应
and that was when we actually got to hear reactions, like from other game developers, you know, from the press.
人们都被它震撼了
People saw that and were just, you know, blown away.
“为什么我们都要戴这可笑的领带呢”
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?
你没有一上来就被谁追杀 只是戴上工牌 开始工作
You are not expecting anybody to murder you, you're expected to just badge in and get to work.
“欢迎使用 HEV 第♥四♥代♥防护系统”
Welcome to the HEV Mark IV.
就是这样 然后你去干活
Which is what happens to you, and then you get to your job
你把车推了进去
you push the cart
然后地狱大门就敞开了
and then hell breaks loose.
可以开始了吗?
Shall we begin?
“关不掉! 我关不掉!”
It's not,it's not shuting down
为什么所有人都这么在意《半条命》呢?
Like, why does everyone care about Half-Life?
大家会说“是剧情!”然后他们就会去看这个开头剧情 然后说
And people say, like, ‘Oh, the story!’ and they, they go and they look at the story, and they’re like
这看起来不像是个很有趣的故事
‘That doesn't look like a terribly interesting story.’
之后才是: 这不是故事 这是故事的引子 对吧?
and it's like, ‘It wasn't the story. It was the way the story was told, right?’
“立刻回到地面 把这里发生的事告诉其他人”
Get to the surface as soon as you can, and let someone know what stranded down here
黑山基地是一个很接地气的地方 你可以完全理解这里发生了什么
Black Mesa was really a coherent place that you felt like you could understand.
这里有实验室 你可以看到科学家在里面工作
It was a set of labs, you know, you see scientists working in the lab
当你回来的时候 一场爆♥炸♥发生 摧毁了这里
you come back, there's an explosion, and it's destroyed
你能意识到场景发生了改变
and the areas change, and you felt like you really understood it
而且你知道发生变化的是什么
and you understood the different parts.
这全靠关卡设计师们来实现
So, it's really up to the level designers to maintain that.
他们希望能让人感觉到无缝衔接
They wanted it to feel seamless.
他们的目标是做到真正的无缝加载
Their ambition was that it would actually be seamless
做到提前加载好地图 让我们根本感觉不到关卡加载
that they would be able to load in advance and we wouldn't feel those level loads
但最终还是失败了 当时计算机的性能没有强到这个程度
but it never quite got there.Input/output on the computers was never quite good enough.
当我们发行 PS2 版时
By the time we shipped the PlayStation 2 version
我们弄出了一些黑科技 加载游戏的时间可以只有短短一瞬
we did some nice hacks in there where it was just like a brief hitch and then you're in,
因为 PS2 其实内置了 PS1 模式 我们利用并开♥发♥了这个特性
because we were able to use the fact that a PlayStation 2 had a PlayStation 1 basically living inside of it
让我们可以提前加载内容
and we use that to do that work ahead of time.
那些所谓的电影化场景 永远是以你的视角发生的
The cinematics if you can even call them that were always seen from your perspective.
追根溯源 我认为让戈登·弗里曼不说话 其实主要是出于游戏风格的考虑
I think the reason to not have Gordon Freeman talk was more of a stylistic thing originally
只是为了让你更关注游戏中发生的事情
just to kind of keep it more about what was happening in the game world
但是这刚好很符合主角当时的情境
but, definitely being put in that dude's shoes the entire time,
这就是那个游戏世代的精髓 不是吗?
that's the whole essence of the genre, isn't it?
我对《半条命》的另一个印象深刻的地方 就是它惊艳的音效设计
The other thing I remember about Half-Life is just its amazing sound design.
戈登·弗里曼的沉默为游戏中其他音效让出空间
Gordon Freeman’s silence makes room for the audio in that game
从而让这些音效令人印象深刻
to really rise and fill the space with something memorable.
酷炫的 UI 界面里还有那些当你选择不同武器时能听到的经典音效
Cool little UI that still has some of the most iconic UI sounds ever as you select your different weapons.
医疗站的声效 撬棍打在不同材质上的声音
The health dispenser, the crowbar when it's hitting different things
还有猎头蟹声效 这些声效一起产生了奇妙的共鸣
the Headcrab. They really resonate.
《半条命》最刺♥激♥的部分还是
One of the most exciting parts of Half-Life is actually like
你竭尽全力杀出血路 逃出生天 逃离各式各样的外星生物 到达地面
you've spent all this effort battling your way through these aliens to get to the surface.
“那些士兵是来救我们的对吧”
The soldiers, they're going to come save us.
但当你到达那里之后 发现他们在杀科学家 扫荡整个地区
But then, you get there, they're killing the scientists.They're cleaning up the whole place.
这个游戏不仅有剧情 还有反转
Oh, there's not just a story to this game. That is a real twist.
没什么是绝对安全的
Nothing is safe.
我第一次真正意识到《半条命》的独特之处
The first time I remember really realizing that half life was something special
就是你第一次与那些HECU——海军陆战队士兵——交战的时候
was the first level when you encounter the soldiers, the Marines
我正在躲藏 然后我看到一颗手榴弹飞过栏杆 落在脸上 把我炸死了
and I was hiding for a second and I saw a grenade come flying over the railing and land on my face, and it blew me up and killed me.
那是我第一次在游戏里感叹: 我擦 AI还会丢手雷?
That was the first time ever in a game where I was like, ‘Oh my god, like, AI can do that?’
“打得好”
Nice hit
继续玩下去 你还能听到他们互相交流和对话的声音
And then, you start playing it, you can hear them like communicating and talking to each other.
“E小队 任务继续”
Echo mission is go
这在当时是革命性的
which was just, like, revolutionary at the time.
他们会把要做的说出来
They would say what they're going to do.
“本区域安全 长官”
All clear,sir
他们还会说“换子弹”或者“手雷!”
They would say like ‘Reloading’ or ‘Grenade!’
“手雷!”
Grenade!
“弟兄们! 抓住弗里曼!”
Squad! Get Freeman!
士兵 坏人 平民 科学家 种种角色
The soldiers, the bad guys, the civilians, the scientists, et cetera
真的让你感觉到你在一个活生生的世界里
really made the game feel like you're in a world,
而 Valve 则让你沉浸其中
and Valve successfully immersed you in that
《半条命》生动地演示了游戏就该这么做
Half-Life said, ‘This is how it should be done.’
它教玩家解谜的方式非常 非常有趣
The way they taught the player how to solve puzzles was really, really interesting.
他们在一个大的谜题之前 会先放置一个类似的小的而且容易的谜题
They'd always introduce an element of the big puzzle to come in a way that was accessible and doable
这样当玩家遇到大谜题后 就会自然而然有“我应该这样做”的感觉
so that when you got to the bigger puzzles, you already had a sense of, ‘Oh, this is what I have to do,’
我认为这种做法简直天才
and I think it was just absolute genius.
我们和 Valve 谈过扩展包的想法
We had talked to Valve about the idea of an expansion pack
因为 Valve 当时的模式是非常注重模组的
because Valve was very of the mindset of the mod mindset
然后兰迪·皮奇福德 他当时正在组建 Gearbox
and Randy Pitchford, he was in the process of forming Gearbox
他们一直想为雪乐山做一些不同的项目
and they had been kind of pitching to do some different projects for Sierra,
因此这是一个很好的机会 我们可以用扩展包的方式
so here's a great opportunity where we can take an expansion pack and just kind of
来为这个系列增添和改进一些东西
start evolving and adding to the franchise.
“有人能看清着陆区的情况了吗?”
Anyone out there got a good view of the LZ yet?
这样吧 我们得从别人的IP开始 做一个游戏
Here's the deal, we got to make a game here. Let's start with somebody else's IP
“从哪个开始呢?” 我们看上了 Valve 的《半条命》
‘What's out there?’ and we're looking at Valves' game Half-Life
这看起来棒极了 然后我有了一个主意
and this looks amazing, and I have this idea
这个主意就是扮演士兵 用他们的视角经历故事
and the idea was to be the soldier and the soldiers perspective.
弗里曼可能在任何地方
Freeman could be anywhere.
我们开始非常具体并详细地筹划我的预算
We worked it out. I got really specific and detailed in my budget
我的计划是 能用75万美元的预算完成游戏 他们同意了
my plan, and I was able to get to a point where I could do it for $750,000, and they said yes.
兰迪·皮奇福德和我很合得来 我们是多年的朋友
Randy Pitchford and I got along, we've been friends for years.
我认为他们终于意识到 就像许多制♥作♥人和开♥发♥人员一样
I think they finally realized, like many producers and developers did
他们听了我的样带
after they finally listened to my demo reels
里面我用了很多种音色
that this isn't the only voice I do
所以他们慷慨地让我在游戏里饰演了一个角色
and so they were kind enough to, to put me in that game.
“起床了 娘娘们!”
Rise and shine ladies!
“我是高级教官德怀特·T·巴恩斯!”
My name is senior drill instructor, Dwight T. Barnes.
“我只想从你们的臭嘴里听到一句话”
The first and last word I wanna hear out of your stinking holes is
孩子 你哪里出问题了?
What is your major malfunction, son?
我向大家道歉 我的语气太夸张了
Sorry to yell to y'all guy for this going to all over the top.
“听起来你已经准备就绪了!”
Sound off like you got prepared!
一开始是这样 但后来 随着录制工作的继续
And it began that way but then, as we continued to record
我们把它改成了另一种风格
we toned it down into something different.
“在我正下方的墙上挂着一套 P.C.V !”
mounted on the wall below me you'll see a P.C.V
但是在最初的录音过程中 我像R·李·艾尔米一样大喊大叫 样子非常搞笑
But, the initial recording sessions, when I was screaming like R. Lee Erney, were hilarious
真希望我还留着这些带子
I wish I still had the tape.
电影精选列表