要去想一坨大便
a turd at that point.
哈? 舰长日志? 不行我绷不住了!
Huh? The captain's log? [laughs] I can't do it!
每次我一想到这茬 就没法在不笑出声的前提下念出来
Every time I think about it. I could never say it without laughing.
摇!
[Duke] Rocking!
当我最初加入3D Realms 参与《毁灭公爵3D》的开♥发♥时 我感到相当快乐
When I first joined 3D Realms and was working on Duke 3D, it was, it was a joy
因为肯·西尔弗曼开♥发♥的Build引擎非常棒 相比Doom引擎 它有着大量优势
because Ken Silverman's build engine was awesome. It, it had a lot of advantages over Doom.
它的扩展性很强 也很便于设计师和程序员们使用
It was very extendable, and, and it was easy for designers and programmers to play with it.
他在很短的时间里用Build引擎开♥发♥了一个演示程序 相当了不起
He put together a demo for the build engine in a very short amount of time, and it was just, like, very impressive.
在中级软件工程师发布的一份公告中
Build, really, was started from a public announcement
Build引擎就已经囊括了Doom引擎的全部特性了
from mid-software announcing all the features of Doom.
那时候是93年初 我逐一阅读了引擎的特性介绍 它显然是款野心之作
This was in early '93. So I would read through the features one by one. It was obviously really ambitious
所以我开始开♥发♥原型 开始学习如何构造有角度的墙面 天花板以及地板
and so I started prototyping. I knew about the angled walls and the ceilings and floors
但重要的事情还是 要让它足以引起Apogee的兴趣
but the important thing is it was good enough to get Apogee's interest.
棒极了
[Duke] Groovy.
在实现这个允许玩家看向上方和下方的重要特性时 我其实玩了点小花招
I actually used the trick, the big feature, the ability to look up and down.
完全没有人和我交流过类似的做法 所以我就想 “嗯 我可以直接把地平线上下移♥动♥”
Nobody really told me how I could do it, so I thought to myself, 'Well, hm, I could just shift the horizon up and down.'
这样也许会出现透视问题 但它确实能让你向上或者向下看
It might not be correct perspective, but it'll actually allow you to still look up and down.
出于Doom引擎的种种限制 他们实在没有办法把城市风光做进游戏里
Due to the limitations of the Doom engine, they really couldn't capture cityscapes
因为游戏中只能出现 水平的地面和垂直的墙面
because the game only allowed flat ground and vertical walls.
而我加入了斜坡 这是真正改变了一切的设计
One of the biggest things I added that really changed the design of everything was the addition of slopes.
因为《公爵3D》中可以出现倾斜的立面 所以斜向的房♥顶 斜顶的垃圾箱都出现在了游戏里
Duke, because it had the ability to do slanted walls, was able to do slanted roofs, dumpsters that actually had the slanted roof.
这给了他们更多的自♥由♥ 以及关卡设计的更多可能
It allowed them a lot more freedom and level design.
我们的外包艺术家们来来去去 但核心开♥发♥小组每天早上都在这里
We had contract artists that would come and go, but the core group that was in there every morning.
到了晚上 依然会有8到10个人在忙
evening, night was 8-10 people
而整个游戏有两名关卡设计师: 我和艾伦·布鲁姆
and, uh, for that whole game, there's two level designers: me and Allen Bloom.
艾伦和我的创作相当自♥由♥
Allen and I basically had our freedom to
从来没有人要求我“建一个寿司店”或者“建一个这个那个的”
I was never told, 'Do a sushi bar' or, or 'Do a, this or that.'
当我们开始构建关卡时 情况一般就是:
Once we had gotten a level started, you know like
“好 这儿会是一个寿司餐厅 我来填充里面绝大部分的环境”
'Okay, it's gonna be a sushi restaurant, and, here, I fleshed out most of the geometry,'
然后就开始将大量的工时投入其中 我们每晚都在测试
then a lot of input came in, like we, we tested every night.
♪生而狂野♪
[Duke] ♪Born to be wild♪
在“深渊”地图中 有一整个大峡谷
The abyss, where it's a whole canyon
关卡进行到一半时会发生地震 出现物品坠落等各种事情
it has an earthquake halfway through where stuff comes down and everything.
这个结构就像是一条大长廊
This is a big hallway that goes like this
然后整个关卡地形在山崩地裂时开始变化
and then changes when, when everything comes down.
在开场地图“好莱坞大屠♥杀♥”中 你会见到各种能让你印象深刻的地点
Hollywood Holocaust, the, the opening map. Now, you had memorable locations, the, the movie screen
例如可以发掘背后秘密的电影银幕 又或是可以玩的街机游戏
that you could discover the secret behind and so on, arcade games in there that you could play.
哼 我可没空来自娱自乐
[Duke] Hmm..don't have time to play with myself.
这并不算一张大地图 但它为整个体验奠定了基础 并给游戏开了个好头
You know, it wasn't a big map, but it, it just set the stage for the entire experience and got the game off on the right foot.
在第一人称动作游戏里 这是玩家第一次感受到自己身处现实的场景之中
It was the first time in a first person action game that we, as players, had a, a sense of a real place.
你会感觉世界上真的有这么一个地方可以去
You felt like you could actually go there.
老子的假期被毁了 而有人他♥娘♥的♥得付出代价
[Duke] Somebody's gonna frigging pay for screwing up my vacation.
《毁灭公爵3D》中的环境设计 包含了可交互的环境要素
With Duke 3D, their environmental design with interactive environments
对于 FPS 游戏来说相当重要
was so important to FPS games.
他们的这一做法提高了行业标准
They raised the bar when they did that.
这还真是“毁灭”战士啊 棒极了
[Duke] That's one doomed Space Marine. Groovy.
这是第一部周遭场景能带来真实感的 FPS 游戏
That was the first FPS where the world seemed real
像《毁灭战士》的游戏里只有奇怪的太空站和地狱似的环境
like Doom was all these weird space stations and these hellish environments,
《公爵3D》里则是 “这儿有一条城市大街”
and then Duke Nukem was, 'This is like a city street
“这里是家商店 这儿是家夜♥总♥会♥ 那边有个台球桌 那边还有个卫生间”
and this is a store, and this is a nightclub, and there's a pool table, and there's a bathroom.
我不记得在此之前还有哪款游戏 能把这种真实感表现得淋漓尽致
I can't really remember seeing any game prior to that that kind of nailed that feeling of authenticity.
我们没法和《毁灭战士》的长处相竞争
We can't compete with what Doom does well,
它是一款相当黑暗 严肃的游戏
and it's a very dark, gritty, very serious.
所以 我们决定做很多《毁灭战士》没能做到的事情:
So, we decided to do a lot of things that Doom wasn't doing:
给公爵一条声带
gave Duke Nukem a voice.
那群外星杂种射爆了我的座驾
[Duke] Those alien bastards shot up my ride.
我们为游戏加入了幽默元素
We added humor to the game.
没错 去死吧
[Duke] Yeah, die.
可以互动的环境
Interactive environments.
这让你觉得自己在扮演一个真实的角色 因为你正处在现实世界的某处
It felt like you're a real character, because you're in real world locations.
这是第一点
That's the first thing.
第二点是 由于游戏相当注重互动性
The second thing is that, because the game was so heavy on interactivity
它确实让你觉得自己在扮演一个活生生的人 一个英雄
it actually felt like you were a person, like a hero.
他不仅是电子游戏里的主角 更是现实中存在的英雄
Not just a video game hero but a real hero in the real world.
宽恕他的事就交给上帝去做吧
[Duke] Let God sort him out.
不妨开门见山 聊聊游戏里的脱衣舞娘们吧
Well, you're gonna go straight to talking about the strippers in that game.
因为这是我在游戏里印象最深刻的互动内容之一
because that was the main thing I remember interacting with at the time.
摇起来 宝贝
[Duke] Shake it, baby.
我特别喜欢的一点是 动画师们
I love that the animators took the time
专门画了公爵蹲在一个外星人的断脖上拉大号♥的场面
to show Duke perched on top of an alien neck taking a dump.
这真的是绝世好活 他就在那一边蹲号♥ 一边看着新报纸
That is just the best thing ever. 'cause he literally does it and read the new newspaper at the same time
当你加入了互动元素 你就为《公爵3D》融入了个性
When you add in that interactivity, you add in the, the character of Duke Nukem
在此之上再加一些极端精神状态的具现
you add in there over the top mentality and, you know, the
也就是游戏里的武器库 你就立刻获得了《毁灭公爵3D》这部传世经典
the weaponry in that, that was in that game, you had an instant classic
它引领 FPS 游戏来到了全新的高度
with Duke Nukem that took first person shooters to the next level.
那时如果要在PC上开♥发♥一款 FPS 游戏 我们都觉得有一条铁律:
I mean, back then when you're making an FPS on the PC, we felt like the rule was
“嗯 数字键一共有十个” 所以我们就做十把武器
'Well, the keyboard goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0,' so we're gonna get 10 weapons.
而第一把武器又必须是手♥枪♥
It's like the first weapon had to be a pistol.
当然 公爵有了自己的特色
Of course, Duke had its own twist,
但它们很大程度上源自于《毁灭战士》的前五把武器
but they were very much derived from those first five weapons in Doom
甚至于说 《毁灭战士》的第五把武器是火箭筒 而《公爵3D》也是如此
even the fifth weapon in Doom was the rocket launcher, and the fifth weapon in Duke Nukem was a rocket launcher.
当完成这些基础武器后 我们才感觉到: “好戏要开场了”
Once we got past those give basic once, we felt like, 'It's on.'
来试试看
[Duke] Come get some. [gunfire]
当然 公爵的武器库里也包括土制炸♥弹♥这样的新玩意儿
And, of course, Duke had some innovations with things like the pipe bomb.
还有绊线地雷和冰冻射线
and the trip wires and the freeze gun.
游戏里不存在一把真正弱势的武器 即使是手♥枪♥ 也有它的用武之地
There's not really, like, a bad weapon in that game. Even a pistol, like, has its place.
我最喜欢的武器是霰弹枪
My favorite weapon is the shotgun.
它是一把莫斯伯格霰弹枪 看上去就很酷 扣动扳机时的开火声更令人着魔
It's a Mossberg, and it just looks so cool, and it sounds insane when you shoot with it.
我大概会选毁灭者 用它碾碎眼前的一切 扫荡整个房♥间 让人非常心满意足
Probably a devastator being able to bust those things out and just clear out a whole room is pretty satisfying.
当然 它们全都很棒 就连缩小射线都很好玩 它在那个时代太有创意了
But, they're all awesome, man, even the shrink ray's fun. Like it's, it's just so creative for its time.
把人用缩小射线给缩小后 你就可以走上去跺烂他们
Shrink people with a shrink ray, you could you could go up and stomp on them. I just thought that was
我每次看到这一幕都会开怀大笑
I smiled and laughed every time I saw that.
最初 公爵在游戏里的靴子是我的作战靴
Originally, it was my, uh, combat boots that were used as the boot
之后理查德·格雷在某个周末说要调整一下美术素材
and then, of course Richard Gray will tell you later, one weekend, they needed to make an art tweak.
然后他把自己的作战靴换上去了
He wore his own combat boots.
那是我的脚和我的 我到现在还留着这些靴子 就放在德克萨斯
That's my foot. Those are my…I still have the boots right here in Texas.
他也有一双一样的 但那条蓝色牛仔裤是我的
He has a pair too, but I can tell those are my blue jeans.
他还喜欢吹嘘自己是怎么靠把脚放进游戏里 横刀夺走我的风头的
And he loves to brag about how he stole my glory by putting his foot in the game.
来单挑吧 你这个独眼怪胎
[Duke] It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.
当我为第一款《毁灭公爵3D》游戏配音时
When I recorded the first Duke Nukem 3D game
来试试看
[Duke] Come get some.
一直到1999还不是2000年首次受邀参加活动之前
I did not know there was any kind of following whatsoever until 1999 or 2000
我都不知道这游戏有什么拥趸
when I got my first invitation to a convention.
我坐着头等舱飞越整个国家 入住的地方是家相当好的酒店
I was flown across country first class, put up in a really nice hotel
他们给我付钱 粉丝们也把我当成了某种超级巨星 我当时一头雾水
and they pay me, and the fans acted like I'm some kind of superstar. and I was baffled by it.
人们涌过来看我时 我真的很出乎意料
I was absolutely blown away that people came out to see me.
活动结束后 他们说: “非常感谢你”
At the end of the convention, they said, 'Hey, thank you so much.
“今年你为我们带来了大约五千个新的观众”
You helped bump up our attendance by like 5,000 people this year
我说: “啥?我都不相信有人知道这游戏”
and I'm like, 'What? I can't believe anybody even knows this game.'
而他们也难以相信 我不知道《毁灭公爵3D》已经是个响当当的名号♥了
And they couldn't believe that I didn't know Duke Nukem 3D was a big deal.
一起摇滚吧
[Duke] Let's rock.
《毁灭公爵3D》这部游戏一定程度上让我们的软件能力可以和 id software 同台竞技了
Duke 3D was a game that kind of put us at the same level as id software
可以说 “我们带着《公爵3D》走到聚光灯下了”
so that was like, 'Okay, we've arrived with Duke 3D'
因此《公爵3D》成为了一款精彩的游戏
So, Duke turned into a fantastic game.
如果让我从《雷神之锤》初代和《公爵3D》里选一部开♥发♥的话
If I had to pick between doing the first Quake and doing Duke
我会选择《公爵3D》 我很高兴能和所有人一同参与到创作里
I, I would pick Duke. I feel more happy about what we did.
太有趣了 直到通关我都非常享受
It was so fun. I had so much fun playing through that entire game.
他们称职地完成了自己该做的 不是吗?
They did what they needed to do, right?
这正是为什么你知道20多年后 还能记得《公爵3D》的原因
That's why you still know who Duke Nukem is now, you know, 20 20 something years later.
游戏结束
[Duke] Game over.
我和公爵身上基本没什么共同点
Duke Nukem and I share very few commonalities
除了我们都喜欢泡泡糖 除此以外我们就截然不同了
except that we both like bubblegum. Other than that, we're nothing alike
问题是 你有泡泡糖吗?
[Duke] The question is, do you have bubblegum?
哦 靠 我没泡泡糖了
Oh, damn, and I'm all out of gum.
我们在1994年启动了四个Build引擎的游戏项目 而它们之间相差甚远
All the four build engine games that we launched back in 1994, they were all very, very different.
如果没人告诉你它们用的是同一个引擎 你恐怕都没想过这些游戏之间会有联♥系♥
Unless someone told you they ran on the same engine, you probably wouldn't even really know it
因为你玩到的那些游戏彼此相当不同 例如 公爵像是个动作片主角
because you've just got those vastly different themes. It's like Duke's, like, the action hero
王洛像个功夫大♥师♥ 卡利卜则像是某个来自恐怖电影的角色
Lo Wang's, like the martial artist, and then Caleb's like the horror movie kind of thing
《血祭》看起来要比《公爵3D》好上百倍 美术相当惊艳 令人毛骨悚然
Blood looked a hundred times better than Duke, fantastic art and genuinely creepy.
《血祭》十分特别 它的主题相当恐怖
Blood was really special. The subject matter was very horrifying.
电影精选列表