我仍然能看到各种《无主之地》的coser和狂热铁粉 他们的幽默感和定位都让人印象深刻
I still see you know, cosplayers and sort of people who are outwardly fans of Borderlands and its sense of humor and its place.
它确实以一种我们没有预料到的方式吸引了人们的注意
It really captured people's attention in a way that we didn't necessarily expect.
传奇电子游戏金融分♥析♥师 迈克尔·帕切特曾经断言:
The legendary video game financial analyst, Michael Pachter, famously said,
“《无主之地》一定会暴死 他没有任何的商业前景”
‘Borderlands is being sent to die. It has no commercial hope whatsoever,
“在有着《战争机器》和《使命召唤》的世界里 一个卡♥通♥游戏是卖♥♥不出去的”
because you can't sell a cartoon game in a world with Gears of War and Call of Duty.’
我很高兴他们错了
I'm very glad they were wrong.
我觉得2000年初 每个新 FPS 游戏都得面对的问题
I think this happened around the early 2000s with every new first person shooter,
就是昂贵的制♥作♥成本
making the world became so expensive.
你负担不起制♥作♥四到五个有着炫酷的脚本事件 超大的爆♥炸♥的路线
I think that you can’t really afford to make four or five different paths that has as cool scripted events, as big explosions and so on,
因为这实在是太贵了
because it's just too expensive.
于是 你宁愿拿着你的资源说:
Then, you'd rather take your resources, say,
“好吧 就这条路线了 我们可以把它做出好莱坞电影的感觉”
‘Okay, this is the path and then we can make this, you know, feel like a Hollywood movie.
于是 《拯救大兵瑞恩》的既视感就来了
We make it feel like you're, you know, in Saving Private Ryan.
“找掩体! 往礁石那边去! 我们在海滩上碰头!”
Head for cover and get to the shingle. I'll see you on the beach.
《联合突袭》有一关是诺曼底登陆 它好到不真实
Allied Assault had an opening D-Day mission which was unreal.
他们制♥作♥了这个《拯救大兵瑞恩》时刻 也就是你向着海滩发起冲锋
They did this Saving Private Ryan moment where you're charging the beach,
子弹掠过耳畔 不断有人阵亡 四处都是爆♥炸♥ 你仿佛置身于战场之中
bullets are whizzing by, people are dying, and explosions are happening, and you felt like you were in the action.
《使命召唤》由此诞生 这帮人就是日后的IW
Call of Duty was birthed from that, that group became Infinity War.
我认为 《使命召唤》是最早一批体现电影感的游戏 而且收益斐然
Call of Duty was one of the first games to embody the sensibilities of film, I think, in a way that was very successful.
你玩过的《使命召唤》里 有这么个任务
You played Call of Duty, and you had that mission in it where you’re playing as, like,
你扮演的是一个俄♥国♥士兵 手无寸铁 只能在沙滩上跑个十五分钟
the Russian soldier, you don't have any weapons, you’ve gotta run up this beach for the first 15 minutes, no gun.
跟着你前面的人 等到他中枪了 你就能把他的枪给捡了
Follow behind the guy in front of you and, when he gets shot, you pick up his gun.
你的枪就是打这儿来的 不得不说非常史实
That’s how you get a gun which is, apparently, historically accurate.
作为其中一名士兵 在渡河时
What must it have been like to be one of those soldiers in that experience crossing this river and,
看到身旁的船只被炸毁 会是什么感受
and seeing the boats next to you blow up.
这是第一款尝试打破“让我们朝着同一种士兵射击再射击”
That's the first game that tried to break away from the mold of like,
“靠爆♥炸♥和动作戏增加产值”这种模式的游戏
‘Let's just shoot the same soldier over and over and add to the production value with the explosions and action scenes.’
它是从一部真实的电影中诞生的
It was out of an actual film.
影院与电子游戏的差距已经被缩小了 你仍然可以获得影院般的体验
The bridge between going into movie theaters and video games are just, So, the gap is closed.
和一个电子游戏角色共情一如和一个电影角色一般
You can still get a cinematic experience and be attached to characters in a video game just as much as you can on a movie,
并且我认为 《使命召唤4》是第一部真正有荡气回肠的战役 让人对角色产生情感的游戏之一
and I think Call of Duty 4 was one of those first campaigns that really had a heartfelt story that you got attached to the characters.
时至今日 如果我深夜在一个黑暗的房♥间里玩上几小时的《使命召唤》
To this day, like, if I've played Call of Duty for a few hours late at night in a dark room,
我确实会觉得自己亲历了一场战争 你懂的
you know, I do feel like I've been in some kind of a war.
我们可能会抱怨2022年的今天高度剧本化的《使命召唤》式游戏体验
While we might kind of bemoan how scripted the Call of Duty-style game is in 2022,
但在当时 这确实是一种非常紧张刺♥激♥的体验
at the time, it was a very intense experience.
真的 这是非常好上手的东西 任何人都可以玩上两把
Really, it's just easy stuff to digest, like anyone can play those games, you know?
跑来跑去 用机♥枪♥扫射某人 然后当游戏告诉你躲起来的时候
Run around and shoot someone with a machine gun and then,
你就躲在什么东西后面 你懂吧
when the game tells you to hide, just hide behind something, you know?
很多早期的军事射击游戏至今依然坚挺
A lot of those early military shooters are still tough as balls.
那些注重观赏性和规模的射击游戏能很好的引起观众的共鸣
The shooters that have focused on spectacle and scale, they resonated really well with audiences,
因为你能窥一斑而见全豹
because there's something about seeing everything together in one environment, you know,
坦克飞机和步兵纷至沓来
tanks and aircraft and infantry kind of all rolled together
用火箭弹击落空中载具 然后看着它从空中坠落到地面上
and the shooting down an air vehicle with a rocket and watching it fall in the sky and fall on a base.
你不过是大千世界里的一只蝼蚁 而这个世界让你相形见绌的主旨
The idea that you're ants in this massive world that's so much bigger than you, that dwarfs you.
是一种非常珍贵的游戏体验
It's a really precious experience.
当《战地1942》推出的时候 我们玩的废寝忘食
When the Battlefield 1942 came out, we lived in that game.
你可以直接飞到别人的坦克上 把吉普车玩成碰碰车
The fact that you can, like, fly straight down into somebody's tank, that you could, like, have Jeeps blast into each other.
这些玩法让我们笑得停不下来 因为这实在是太好玩了
We laughed so hard playing that game, because it was so fun.
我认为“《使命召唤》和《战地》哪个更好”的争论十分愚蠢
I find it silly that people argue, ‘What's better Call of Duty or Battlefield?’
因为它俩完全就不是一个路数的游戏
Because they're completely different playstyles of game.
想要大规模游戏的人 毫无疑问会选择《战地》
People who want, like, a large scale game, yeah, definitely Battlefield’s the way to go.
如果他们想要开飞机或者直升机 你懂的 这就是地图的影响
If they want to fly planes and helicopters and, you know, it’s the map side.
这两款游戏绝非同类
It’s just a different, different kind of beast.
当涉及到第二次世界大战的时候 就好像
When it went to World War II, it was like,
“每个人都了解这些东西 所有的载具 武器 故事和历史等等”
‘Everybody understands this stuff, all the vehicles, all the weapons, the stories and the history and all this,
所以他们的IP创造有了如此丰富的素材
’ so there's so much rich stuff there for their IP creation that
他们清楚地知道自己可以利用这些人人都还铭记的东西作为优势
they both knew that they had taken advantage of something that everybody still remembered as a thing and then,
然后就好像 他们互相之间在比赛 而其他人看到了这场竞赛 以及这场竞赛赚到了多少钱
like, they just raced each other, and everyone else saw the race and how much money the race made,
于是其他人也都开始制♥作♥二战题材的游戏 直到二战在很长一段时间里都变成了一个相当大的题材
and everyone else was making World War II until it just became a big World War II genre for a really long time.
有些游戏就是能让别的作品都无路可走
There's certain games that just take the air out of the room.
比如《使命召唤》 比如《战地》
So, when you get a game like COD,
不管你的游戏如何 大多数人都会去玩这类作品
and you get a game like Battlefield where the majority of people are gonna go, regardless of your game.
你很难打入这样的市场
It's kind of hard to penetrate that market.
他们保持了几乎完全相同的游戏玩法 但是系列每次迭代时都加入了新的元素
They keep the game play nearly identical but add new elements to each iteration of series.
这不会疏远前作的粉丝
It doesn't alienate the previous fans.
大型的3A第一人称射击游戏面临着和好莱坞大制♥作♥一样的困境
The big AAA first person shooters are sort of trapped in that same world as Big Hollywood. They're not really going to be that original and fresh,
它们没有原创性和新鲜感 因为它们没有尝试这些可能的自♥由♥
because they don't have the freedom to take those chances,
因为它们必须得是主流热门的模样
because it has to be a mainstream hit.
在如今 《使命召唤》几乎成为了一种主机游戏的生活方式不是吗?
Well, Call of Duty has almost become lifestyle today in console games, right?
所以它们才能卖♥♥得又多范围又广 因为它很容易成为你生活方式的一部分
That, that's why they sell so massively and broadly, because that can easily be part of your lifestyle,
无需2、30个小时的游玩就能取得进步 你只需要上线玩上一小会就能获得无与伦比的体验
and you don't have to play for 20 to 30 hours to really make progress you can just play a little bit online and have an incredible experience.
观众们现在只习惯于一种东西了
The audience is kind of only used to one thing now you know,
所以我认为只有某种真正创新的东西 才能让他们摆脱这种体验
so I think it'll take something that's really innovative that's going to steal those people away from that experience.
我认为人们已经厌倦了那些普通的喘气回血射击游戏
I think people were just getting over playing games that are just generic regenerating health shooters.
但在我们现在所处的这个时代 一时间只剩下这类型的游戏了
I think we really got to that point where that was just all that was coming out for a time.
如果你想做一款英雄类射击游戏
If you're gonna do a first person shooter like a hero shooter,
你需要做不同的能力 独特的角色和招式 还有不同的环境
you need abilities, you need unique characters, unique movement, you know, unique environments,
你还需要每隔一个季度就推出一个新英雄不是吗?
and then you're introducing a new hero once a quarter essentially, right?
那种一对一的竞技场射击游戏不再受到人们垂青
That arena shooter kind of dueling 1 v 1-type of game has sadly fallen out of favor
他们转而去玩那些团队型游戏 像是《绝地求生》《Apex英雄》之类的
to team-based games like PUBG and Apex Legends and others as well.
如今 第一人称射击游戏的技术受到了广泛的关注
There's a lot of focus on the technical aspects of first person shooters today,
但我却更希望他能有更多个人风格驱动的一面
where I wish there was a little more of the personality-driven side of it.
在我的观念里 2.5D游戏还有许多可发掘的地方
Oh, in my opinion, there's still a lot of gas left in 2.5D games.
独♥立♥游戏另辟蹊径 他们并不想在多数人所在的赛道上竞争
Indies offer something a little bit different. They’re not trying to compete in the space that you're normally in.
否则这感觉就像是在循环往复地玩相同的东西 很容易感到疲惫
You know, you get that fatigue, where you're just playing the same old thing over and over again.
如果你想重塑玩家记忆中 第一次游玩某个游戏时的感觉
If you're trying to recreate the past,that same sense that gamers got when they played a game for the first time.
我们已经很久没有看到古典射击游戏了
You know, it was long enough where we hadn't really had old school games,
而突然就有了这群新人冒出来说 我想做一款玩起来像是儿时玩的那种游戏
and then you just had all these new people coming in and saying, I want to make a game that plays like the games I played when I was a kid,
这就是现在古典射击游戏复兴的原因 而这场复兴现在也仍在进行
and that's why we've got that resurgence which we're still seeing, I mean, it's still going on.
我有个朋友叫戴夫·奥什利 他有个公♥司♥叫New Blood
So, I'm friends with this guy, Dave Oshry. He's over there a company called New Blood,
《黄昏》之类的游戏就是他们负责的 这些游戏被人亲切或勉强地称为老派射击游戏
and they're the ones responsible for the games like Dusk and whatnot that are what are referred to lovingly or begrudgingly as Boomer Shooters.
人们渴望古典关卡设计的回归 或是速度与技巧并存的移♥动♥方式
People were craving a return to old school level design or return to speed and skill based-movement,
有趣的武器 不需要任何写实成分 只是单纯的有趣甚至荒谬
fun weapons that were just fun, not necessarily realistic, ridiculous, ludicrous. People wanted the fun back in first person shooters.
人们想要体验第一人称射击游戏本应有的那份乐趣 第一人称游戏 大家想玩的是好玩的游戏
The F stands for fun, fun person shooters.
大卫·希曼斯基在推特上找我 那会我还不知道他是谁 他说“嘿 你应该瞧瞧我做的这个游戏”
David Szymanski tweeted at me, I had no idea who he was, ‘Hey, I think you should check out my game.’
这游戏叫《黄昏》而在我玩过的所有第一人称射击游戏里 它带给我的体验是最好的
It was called Dusk, and it was the best feeling first person shooter I had ever felt in my life.
那种移♥动♥ 滑行 射击 交互的感觉
The movement, the sliding, the shooting, the interactivity,
你可以开关游戏里的水槽 也可以把它打碎 你可以在房♥间里把东西丢来丢去
you could turn the sinks on and off, you could break the sinks,you could throw stuff around the room.
《黄昏》真的很酷 它其实是第一款让我想在我的 Youtube 频道上当作封面的游戏
Dusk was pretty cool. It was actually one of the first games I think I really kind of like fought to cover on my YouTube channel.
我们发布了《黄昏》的第一部预告片 反响非常火爆
We put out the original trailer for Dusk, and it went huge.
一时间它变得随处可见 甚至还登上了 CNET 之类的媒体
It was everywhere. It was on, like, CNET and stuff.
“九十年代风格类《毁灭战士》 《雷神之锤》的射击游戏” 而我们想着 “这下好了”
‘90s-style shooter copies Doom and Quake and stuff,’ and we're like,‘Oh, shit.’
我们收到了许多关注 而他们说的却是 “啊 这看着很酷 但画质也太糟糕了”
We had a lot of eyeballs on us. They were like, ‘Yeah, this looks cool. The graphics look like shit’
给我整无语了...
I'm like…
但我真正想让人们看到的完全不是画质 是这个游戏的玩法
But I really wanted people to see that it's not about the graphics. It's about the gameplay.
以现在的角度回看 《雷神之锤》现在看着也很棒 即便它顶着这样低多边形风格的画面
Looking back, Quake still looks great even though it's got that low poly style,
因为好的游戏设计可以经受住时间的考验 而我认为我们用《黄昏》再次证明了这一点
because great game design doesn't age, and I think we proved that all over again with Dusk.
《等离子狂怒》这款游戏 一开始的规模要小得多
Ion Fury was a project that started off with a much smaller scope just sort of a prequel,
只是一个前传 一个简短的前传故事 本应与我们最初发布的《炸♥弹♥尤物》相关
a quick prequel story that was supposed to be tied to our original Bombshell release,
但随着时间的推移 很明显开♥发♥商 Voidpoint 把这款游戏提升到了另一个层次
but, as it went along, it became very clear that Voidpoint was sort of taking this game to a whole other level,
真正做出了一款与众不同的作品
really making something special.
《等离子狂怒》的想法是创造一个不同的时间线
The idea with Ion Fury was to, to create this kind of alternate timeline.
如果 3D Realms 当初没有选择开♥发♥《毁灭公爵3D》和《影子武士》
What if, instead of 3D Realms making Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior back in the day,
而是为《炸♥弹♥尤物》的角色开♥发♥一款游戏会怎么样?
they decided to do something with the Bombshell character?
“放马过来吧”
Bring it on.
而第一个3D射击游戏就会和这个角色一同出现
And the first 3D shooter that came up was actually with this character.
被雇佣的几个人都来自《毁灭公爵》的模组社区 他们都曾使用过这款游戏的引擎代码
Well, the guys that were hired, several of them,were from the Duke mod community and had worked with the buildings engine code,
升级了许多性能 像是光照效果 立体像素技术
upgraded it in its abilities,like added lighting effects, voxel technology.
特别是这款游戏 它向人们展现了引擎也可以拥有自己的美学和自己独特的世界
That game in particular has just shown that engines can have an aesthetic,
而这种美学与世界是永恒的 应该被保留下来
a world that is unique to them and kind of timeless and should be preserved.
你不必花费大半年时间用十万个三角形搭建起一个角色 再加上动作捕捉和面捕等等
You don't have to spend a half a year making 100,000-triangle character with motion capture faces and so on.
你可以绘制漂亮的像素作品 变得更有效率 然后仍然可以做出一个好玩的游戏
You can make beautiful pixel art and then be more efficient and still make fun games.
“早上好”
Good morning.
我们需要新的《德军总部》 我们需要新的《毁灭战士》
We needed the new Wolfenstein games, we needed the new Doom games
来让人们看到传统的射击游戏风格并没有过时
to show people that this old style of game design isn't actually old.
MachineGames 工作室将《德军总部》带到了我本会选择的方向
MachineGames took Wolfenstein within the direction that I would have taken it.
我很喜欢它的玩法 我认为他们就是能让这游戏延续下去的工作室
I love the gameplay. I think they're the company to keep it going,
因为他们做的太好了
because they just have done such a good job.
我已经很久没有沉迷于第一人称射击游戏了 直到我玩到了《毁灭战士2016》
It had been a while since I had been into the FPS genre until Doom 2016 came out,
而它远远超出了我的预期
and it completely blew away my expectations.
电影精选列表