“不好意思 要开动咯”
Gotta shoot.
有这么个叫《时空分♥裂♥者》的游戏 就在我们开始制♥作♥Xbox版的《光环》前夕登陆在了PS上
There was a game called TimeSplitters that had come out on the PlayStation shortly before we started working on the Xbox version of Halo.
虽说不是默认设置 但它和我们有着非常接近的双摇杆操纵方法
That, it was not the default option, but did have a very similar two-stick method of control.
这个方案对我们来说意义非凡
That two-stick solution made a lot of sense to us.
我记得我们带着初版《时空分♥裂♥者》前往E3的时候
I remember when we took the first version of TimeSplitters to E3
我们展示了在埃及关卡四人分屏的内容 一共有12个角色在里面以每秒60帧的速度闪转腾挪
and we had four-player split screen in the Egyptian level with 12 characters running around it, and it was running at 60 frames a second and,
而《黄金眼》和《完美黑暗》的帧数就不太理想了 所以你可想而知大伙的反应
coming from GoldenEye and Perfect Dark which struggled, it's like, ‘This is, you know, wow!’ You know?
我们想制♥作♥一个沙盒游戏 有不同的场景和武器
We wanted to make a sandbox game, different scenarios and different weapons,
而想要实现这点的方法 毫无疑问是以经典电影为基础去穿越不同的时代
and the way to do that, obviously, was to have different time periods and base it on classic film settings.
这些埃及冒险的东西就是打这儿而来的 就像《夺宝奇兵》这类电影一样
So. you know, you've got the Egyptian adventurer thing, you know, which is like Raiders of the Lost Ark and that kind of stuff,
然后我们还有经典的未来科幻机器设定 在其中加入第一人称射击的要素 这不就好玩起来了
and then you had the classic robot sci-fi movie set in the future, and then stick a first person shooter in there and have a bit of fun with it.
“噢耶 这才对嘛”
Oh yeah, that's right.
世界充满了故事 偶尔 它们也愿意被诉说
The world is full of stories, and, from time to time, they permit themselves to be told.
“你在看什么?”
What are you looking at?
《掠食2006》绝对是一款很多人希望回归的游戏
Prey 2006 is definitely a game that a lot of people would love to see come back.
主角汤姆是个多少被迫卷入这一切的北美原住民
Tommy, a Native American, is the protagonis who's more or less thrust into the situation against his will
“红水!”
Redwater!
我花了很多时间研究 额 不同的部落
I did a lot of research on, uh, different tribes,
其中切诺基部落的神话与我们想在游戏里实现的效果非常吻合
and the Cherokee mythology lined up really well with what we wanted to accomplish with the game.
我认为 游戏中加入这些灵界和灵兽 并且对北美原住民文化的深入挖掘
The inclusion of the spirit world and the spirit animals and diving more into Native American culture,
是游戏的一大亮点
I think, was a really strong element of the game.
“尤尼卡的气息赋予万物生命以生长 它将在我们需要的时候给予帮助”
Uniqua whose breath gives life to all growth will help us in our time of need.
我们绝不想把任何一种文化刻画成充满笑料的夸张漫画
There was an absolute intention to not make a joke-filled caricature of any sort of culture.
而是用尊重的态度对待这个话题
We really wanted to treat this topic, you know, with respect.
“把那东西停下!”
Stop that thing!
“Jen 我会想法子把你弄下来的!”
Jen, I’ll find a way to get you off that.
《掠食》的重头戏之一就是传送门 不是吗?
The big thing for prey was portals, right?
你有能力放置一个传送门 然后透过它看到对面的环境
You have the ability to kind of put this portal and see into a different environment
或者直接朝着传送门开火 或者直接穿过传送门
or shoot through it or transfer through and things like that,
诸如此类的事情在后来 Valve 的《传送门》和《传送门2》里取得了巨大成功不是吗?
which later would wind up being incredibly successful Valve games of Portal and Portal 2, right?
我们请来了Gary Whitta 他曾在《PC Gamer》杂♥志♥任编辑一职
We brought in Gary Whitta who used to be the editor for PC Gamer magazine.
他为我们撰写了完整的游戏剧本
He wrote the full game script for us.
后来他跑去写《艾利之书》和《侠盗一号♥》了
He later went on to write the Book of Eli and, uh, Rogue One so,
所以你不难看出 自从给我们写完剧本后 他的职业生涯一帆风顺
you know, he's done pretty well for himself since doing our pre-script.
“嘿哥们 你还好吗 靠 看着是不太好了”
Hey, man, are you okay? Shit, guess not.
“没有人可以威胁我的星球”
Nobody threatens my planet.
现在 你能在各个主机平台 甚至在智能机上看到第一人称射击游戏
Now, you see first person shooters on consoles everywhere and also even on mobile.
所有曾经断言射击游戏因为失去了鼠标操作的及时性 而无法在主机平台成功的人
All those people who said a shooter could never work on a console because the immediacy of the mouselook was lost,
他们错得离谱
uh, they were obviously wrong.
手柄本身的精心设计 以及它处理信♥号♥♥的方式 都是一种艺术形式
The amount of care and design that goes into both the controller itself and the way that the signals from the controller process, that's an art form and,
如果做得好 它的反应速度甚至不亚于鼠标 而且手柄是为主机量身定做的
when it's done well, it is every bit as responsive if not more responsive than a mouse can feel,
每个开♥发♥者和每个玩家多少都共享同一个造型的手柄
and that controller is specific to that console, and every developer and every player has the same one more or less,
而它被精心调整的非常 非常完美 这点至关重要
and it gets really tweaked out to be really, really, really perfect, uh, and that's critical.
“准备升空”
Ready for liftoff.
这就是信仰
That’s religion.
“拉警报 她在这儿”
Sound the alarm! She’s here.
“关灯咯!”
Lights out!
当《半条命2》还处在开♥发♥阶段时
When Half-Life 2 was in development,
盖布就已经有了对 Steam 是什么样子 有多重要的设想
Gabe had this vision of Steam and what Steam would become and how important it would be.
我还记得他第一次向我提出这个想法时
I remember him presenting to me.
他想的是“如何让人们不需要光盘或者光驱也能游玩《半条命》”
He was thinking about,‘How could people be able to play Half-Life without having to have the CD or DVD ROM to play it?’
接着他找来了许多人才到 Valve 来启动 Steam 这个项目
And he had pulled in a lot of very brilliant people into Valve about to start the, the idea of how Steam could work.
他们设想了一个市场 一个世界
They thought through a marketplace,
一个电脑游戏有机会发展成所有出色的游戏娱乐产业的绝对中心
they thought through a world in which PC games could become like the absolute epicenter of all great gaming entertainment.
我们坚信 任何♥平♥台都必须对产业生态周围中的每个人有益 对消费者是这样 对开♥发♥者也是这样
We’re super strong believers that, like, platforms have to become valuable to everyone in the ecosystem around the customers and to the developers.
一旦他们有能力管理自己的IP 他们就可以投资自己的市场
Once they had sort of the ability to manage their own IP,then they were able to invest in their own marketplace.
在这点上 Valve领先了所有人一大步
Valve had just a whole head start over everybody.
“该醒了 弗里曼先生 该醒了”
Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and shine.
我认为 《半条命2》之所以如此特别 是因为它清晰地理解了前作的传承
I think what made Half-Life 2 so special was that it understood the legacy that the first one had created so well,
并在此基础上进行了完美的扩展
and it had expanded upon that the perfect way.
我还记得游戏一开始那种“我们输了”的感觉 我觉得这种感觉时至如今也很少见不是吗?
I think I remember that feeling at the outset of the game of ‘We lost,’ which I think is still so rare in games, right?
你懂吧 地球已经邪恶势力占领 “联合军是谁?”
You know, Earth has been taken over. There's an evil overlord. You know, ‘Who's The Combine?’
我的天 那个压抑的反乌托邦环境在《半条命》太有效了
Oh my gosh, and like that suppressive dystopian environment that is so effective in Half-Life.
那款游戏里发生了太多的事情 很难挑出一个重点
There's so much that happens in that game, and it's kind of hard to pick a point.
我觉得最有趣的是 G-Man 的部分 我知道有许多认为他是未来的戈登的说法
I do find The G-Man aspect pretty interesting. I know a lot of the theories are that he's like a future version of Gordon.
因为 gē登弗里Màn 就是 G-Man
It's like Gordon Freeman, G-Man.
物理模拟的加入改变了第一人称射击游戏的所有谜题设计
The inclusion of physics changed everything about fps puzzle design.
他们并没有像我们大部分人那样用布娃娃系统增加反馈
They didn't just use it for feedback that we way that everyone uses ragdoll.
而是使物理本身成为了谜题 我至今也没见到其他游戏能达到《半条命2》的水准
They used physics as puzzles, and I still have not seen any other game do it to the level that they did it in Half-Life 2.
我们一直是一家以工程为重的公♥司♥ 所以技术对我们来说一直是为了游戏设计服务的
We were always an engineering-focused company and still are today,so technology, to us, has always been sort of in service of the game design.
如果技术本身并不有趣 它也必须能为游戏体验带来一些真正有趣的应用
If it's not interesting in and of itself, it's got to have some applicability to the game experience that's really interesting.
《半条命2》里的重力枪绝对是任何第一人称射击游戏里最有趣的想法
The most clever idea in any first person shooter was definitely the gravity gun in Half-Life 2.
如果你想 你也可以叫它零点能量场牵引器 试一下吧
You can call it the zero point energy field manipulator, if you really want to. Give it a try.
它使游戏体验增添了许多乐趣
It just added so much fun to the experience,
如此简约却又精妙的点子 只能说是天才 绝对的天才
such a simple and clever idea. Genius, total genius
《半条命2》的大部分内容是在最后的一年半左右完成的 从一堆骨架到完整的游戏
We built the bulk of Half-Life 2 in the last, like, year and a half. We go from a bunch of bones to the finished game,
但在头两三年里我们一直在慢慢搭建各种碎片 重力枪就是那个时候出来的点子
but the first sort of two, three years,we're building a bunch of those pieces. The gravity gun comes out of that period of time.
那是到莱温霍姆的旧通道 现在没人走那里了
That's the old passage to Ravenholm. We don't go there anymore.
我永远忘不掉第一次去莱温霍姆的时候 捡起那些硕大的锯片 然后把别人锯成两半
I will never forget going to Ravenholm, picking up those giant saw blades, and cutting somebody in half with them.
我想在这之前 没有任何游戏能做到这种事
I don't think any game had ever done anything like that up to that point.
与初代相比 叙事在《半条命2》更显重要
The storytelling of Half Life 2 is what expands its importance over the original game.
如果我早知道你会直接来我的办公室
If I'd known you were going to come straight up to my office,
那打从一开始我就不会费劲来追捕你了
I wouldn't have bothered hunting you in the first place.
暗能城♥堡♥ 还有整个围绕着它的传说 还有围绕着游戏的故事
It's just so good. The Citadel, I mean, the whole mythology around,
在2代以后变得如此庞大 这真的是太棒了
and the story around the game just became massive after 2.
我想到了爱莉克斯·凡斯那张富有表现力的脸
I think about the expressiveness of Alyx Vance's face.
“我想你就是弗兰曼博士吧”
Dr. Freeman, I presume.
在十多年后的今天 这些表情仍然经得住时间的考验
As something that has no business holding up, you know, more than a decade later,
她在我下楼的时候把手放在电梯门上 然后然后我抬头看着她 视线碰撞在一起
putting your hand on the elevator door as I descend down and looking up at her, and the eye contact.
Valve 给角色做的动画让他们成为了那个时代最伟大的角色之一
The way Valve was able to animate that character holds up as just one of the greatest characters, I think, of that era.
他们有目的有意识地给游戏设计了过山车式的体验
They purposely and consciously designed that game to be a roller coaster.
“戈登·弗里曼”
Gordon Freeman.
我在游戏里体验到了太多 好到难以置信的叙事 无与伦比的环境设计 你能想到的应有尽有
I had so much in it, It was, it was definitely unbelievable storytelling, incredible environmental design, you name it.
这就是一款完美的游戏 我都不知道还能说什么了
It's a perfect game. I can't even say, I can't even say more about it.
我们一直在告诉自己 我们绝对不会同时发♥售♥两款游戏
We’d always sort of said to ourselves, ‘We'll never ship one more than one game at a time.
因为每次某款游戏临近发♥售♥时 所有其它游戏的开♥发♥人员都会参与进来
because, every time a game got close to shipping, all the other games would sort of, like, just bleed on. Everyone would work on it,
然后开♥发♥《橙盒》的时候 我们想一口气做五款游戏 并在同一天将它们发♥售♥到三个不同的平台
and then with The Orange Box who are like, ‘Let's build five games and ship them on three different platforms on the same day.’
确实很痛苦 但是也很有趣
Yeah, it's painful, but fun.
《传送门》是我最喜欢的游戏之一 时至今日我也觉得它是绝对的天才之作
One of my favorite games of all time, I still think it was just absolute genius, was Portal.
欢迎光临光圈科技计算机辅助丰富学习中心
Welcome to the Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Center.
《传送门》非常的新奇 就像是“又一款使用第一人称视角的游戏 但是手里的枪却很不一样”
Portal was really fresh, like ‘Here's another game that uses the first person viewpoint but uses a gun that's very different than everything else.’
光圈科技手持传送门装置
The Aperture Science hand-held portal device.
这是一个玩起来超级有趣的游戏
It was a super fun game to get through.
《传送门》对很多人来说都非常容易接受 因为它并不暴♥力♥
Portal was very accessible to a lot of people, because it wasn't violent.
虽说你有一把枪 但那只是用来解谜的
You have a gun, so to speak, but it's just meant for puzzle solving more than anything.
那儿有几个朝我开火的机器人 然后那儿有些炮台
There's these robots that are shooting at me, and there's these turrets,
但你又不能直接摧毁或者移除它们 你必须开动脑筋解决问题
and you can't directly destroy them or remove them. You have to use your brain and your problem solving.
到了最后 当你发现一切背后的密道时 那简直太棒了
At the very end, when you find the secret passages behind everything, so good,
因为这就像是从一个无比精巧的谜题过渡到了故事的尾声
because they'd like transitioned from this really cool puzzler to, like, the end of a story and,
还有光圈科技实验室里所发生的一切
like, what's going on in Aperture Labs.
最终 我们希望这款游戏可以和《半条命》产生联♥系♥
Eventually, we hope we're going to be tied into Half-Life because,
因为在那个时间点 我觉得整个《半条命》的故事还没有定论 就像是漫威电影那样
at that point, I think the whole story of Half-Life was still pretty much up in the air. It was almost like the Marvel films, like,
不同的故事线和不同的东西相互交织 看它们会发展成什么样总是一件趣事
back then when you just had all these different story lines and all this stuff connecting, so it was just kind of interesting to see where they were going to take it
“算了 我等一下再解决”
Never mind, it's a mystery I’ll solve later.
还有一件事是: 《传送门》太搞笑了
The other thing was: Portal was hilarious.
“干得好! 根据规定的测试协议 我们将在倒计时后停止增强真♥相♥ 倒数三 二”
Good job. As part of a required test protocol, we will stop it enhancing the truth in three,two.
GLaDOS 经常被拿来和 Shodan 相提并论
GLaDOS and Shodan are often compared with one another,
因为她是你唯一的依靠 但同时她又想杀了你
because she's literally the only thing that you have to hold on to. But, at the same time, she's also trying to kill you.
你和她越来越熟 以至于形成了一种纽带
You become so familiar with her that you form kind of a relationship and a bond and,
当你最终遇到并打败她后 甚至有种苦乐参半的感觉
when you do finally meet her and you defeat her, there's almost this bittersweet element to it,
因为你失去了与这个你正在逃离的世界的联♥系♥
where you feel like you've lost your connection with the world that you're escaping from.
这可能是我最喜欢的游戏 因为我觉得它是如此精妙绝伦
it may be my favorite game of all time,because I think it’s just so exquisitely well done.
《军团要塞2》在第一人称射击游戏业界里是如此独特有趣
Team Fortress 2 is such an interesting animal in the FPS landscape.
就像是 Valve 的小白鼠
It's been kind of a guinea pig for Valve.
当时我们正在为《雷神之锤2》开♥发♥《军团要塞2》 这是显然易见的下一步
We'd started building Team Fortress 2 for Quake II at that point which is what seemed like the obvious next step,
同时我们希望将其打造成一款零售产品
and our hope was to build that into a retail product of some kind.
我们一直在努力思考《军团要塞》到底会成为什么样子
Well, we were struggling to find a really good sort of identity for what Team Fortress is.
我们完全不知道自己在干嘛
We had no idea what we're doing.
我们陷入了那种典型的“不知道自己不知道什么”的糟糕境地
We're in that classic case of, like,‘You're so screwed, because you don't even know what you don't know.’
这游戏是如此开放 导致我们很难找到它的核心玩法究竟是什么
It was so sort of open-ended that we had trouble sort of finding, like,sort of what the core gameplay was.
电影精选列表