他们正是想营造这种你和你的敌人狭路相逢的紧张对峙
that they want you to sort of reach these jousting moments where you come together with your opponent,
而它的作用是创造了这种惊人的元游戏体验
and what that does is it creates this incredible
你可以在你所预测的时间段做出对应战术
meta-game where you can play off the expectations of that timing.
他们什么时候会从这个角落里拉出来?
When are they going to come around this corner?
他们认为我什么时候会从角落里拉出来?
When do they think I'm going to come around this corner?
从哪个角落拉?
Which corner do they think I’m gonna come around?
所以这里面会有一种思维博弈 “我什么时候该变换战术?”
So, that sort of mind game of, like, ‘When do I do something different?
当他们觉得我要变换战术的时候我反而不变战术呢?
And when do they think that I'm going to do something different, and I don't do something different?’
知道往哪扔闪永远是最重要的
Know where to put your flashes, because that was always a very important,
尤其是你要冲点的时候
especially when you had to rush to a certain spot,
比如 Dust2 的A大还有别的之类的
you know, like long A in Dust II or something.
你需要知道如何达成你的目标 还要学会什么时候起什么时候攒
You just had to know how to hit your marks and to know when to buy and when to save.
如果你买♥♥了太多的弹♥药♥花了太多的钱
If you buy too much ammo, it could take up too much money.
然后还输了那局 你可能会发现
And then, if you didn't win that round, you realize,
“哦不 我下把都没法起枪了”
‘Oh man, I can't even get a weapon for the next round.’
在那之前 我们从没见过这样的游戏不是吗?
Up until that point, we'd seen nothing like that, right?
之前所有游戏都是立即复活
Like, everything before that was instant spawn.
如果你在《反恐精英》里面死了 你得无所事事五分钟
When you die in Counter-Strike, yeah, you had to sit there for five minutes
不管你的队伍输了还是赢了 坐在冷板凳上祈求胜利总是一件很痛苦的事情
while the rest of the team either won or lost and there was like that excruciating pain of being sitting on the bench waiting and hoping you won.
我因为打《反恐精英》打的走火入魔挂了有一年的英语课
I actually played. so much Counter-Strike in high school that I actually failed English one year.
导致我不得不去上夏校 我恨这种情况 因为它夺走了我的假期时间
I had to go to summer school, and I hated that because it took up all of my extra time
我本来可以把那些时间继续在家打《反恐精英》的
I could have been home playing more Counter-Strike.
正是那段玩《反恐精英》的欢乐时光为我打开了PC游戏的大门
It was such a fun time of my life was Counter-Strike. That really brought me into PC gaming.
“啊! 我想从这挤过去 兄弟!”
I’m your man, homie. Ah, I tried to sneak through the door, man.
“过不去! 过不去! 这玩意儿卡住了!”
Can't make it, can't make it. The shit’s stuck.
“门卡住了!!门卡住了!!”
Door stuck, door stuck,
当黑暗的智慧逃离火海后 人类站在大地母亲的余烬中
When the dark intellect escaped the fire, man stood in the ashes of Mother Earth.
200年来 不朽的皇帝建立了地球的军队
For 200 years, the immortal emperor built Earth's armies.
但也唯有地球的
But only Earth’s.
对于那些玩过并且同我一般热爱这个游戏的人来说 他们可能会觉得
For people who played this game and loved it as, as I did, they'll say,
“你什么意思? 这游戏可不是什么垫脚石 当年它就很牛逼了!”
‘What do you mean? This wasn't that obscure game, like this was amazing for the time.
“这就是迄今为止最棒的FPS游戏之一!”
This is one of the best first person shooters ever made,
这话我完全同意 可是在很多人眼里
and I agree. But, Tribes, for many people,
“《部落》? 不是 你刚刚说的是啥?”
they'll say, ‘Tribes? Like what are you, what are you talking about?
“好吧 这游戏是讲啥的? 第一次听说”
Like, what do you, what, what even is this game?
在那之前 所有第一人称射击游戏其实都是在过道里射击
All of these first person shooters up to that point were corridor shooters,
最多也就会给你一个开阔点的房♥间让你杀个痛快
you know, you, you maybe would have kind of like a large room where you could fight in.
而《部落》说 “如果我们能囊括各种地形呢? 还给所有人发个喷气背包会怎样呢?”
Tribes basically said, ‘What if it was all terrain? And what if everybody had jetpacks?’
我只在一个线下玩家派对上玩过一次《部落》
The only time I ever played a Tribes game was at a LAN party,
虽然之前从没玩过 但我以为我在《反恐精英》和《雷神之锤》之类的游戏里磨练出来的技巧
never played it before, and I thought my skills from, like, Counter-Strike and Quake,
也能用在这个游戏里 结果我人傻了
whatever, would carry across, and I just got what.
这游戏非常难上手 它对用户并不友好
It was very difficult to get into. It was not user friendly.
这是一款令人难以置信的 以小队为单位 在超大的地图上作战的竞技射击游戏
It was this incredible, squad-based, very large map competitive shooter.
你不仅有跳跃背包 有光碟发射器 你的角色还可以选择职业 而且渲染距离也超远
You had jump packs, you had disc guns, you had character classes, and the draw distances were huge.
《部落》因其开放自♥由♥的设定对《光环》可谓影响深远
Starsiege: Tribes influenced Halo primarily because it was in this big open setting.
玩家们拥有在这个广袤的室外环境中到处乱跑的自♥由♥
Players had all of this freedom to move around this enormous exterior
那个年代的我们都为它所折服
that we were just blown away by at that time.
它有着可供多人驾驶的载具 高低起伏的地形
It had multi-person drivable vehicles, height map terrain,
能从一个地点快速移♥动♥到另一个地点的机动性更是令人震撼无比
incredible mobility to rocket around from one location to another.
“夺旗”是它的主要游戏模式
It featured capture the flag as its primary game mode.
玩起来节奏快得飞起 特别有趣
It was super fast-paced, super fun to play.
我想它就是那些我们心驰神往 梦寐以求的游戏之一
It was one of those games that I think captured our imagination.
出于其独树一帜的审美 光碟发射器这把武器被所有人铭记于心
Everybody remembers the disc launcher, cause it's kind of the most aesthetically distinctive gun,
我个人倒是非常喜欢聚变炮 它那绿色的放射性抛物线令人着迷
but I really liked the fusion mortar. It's, it's got this, you know, radioactive green parabolic trail.
这玩意基本上就是一个狙击型榴弹发射器
It's like a sniper grenade launcher, basically
它可以被投射到非常远的位置 溅射范围也非常夸张
you're able to fling these things incredibly long distances, they have massive splash damage radius.
这游戏有一个专门用于投掷手雷的按键
It had a dedicated grenade button.
在绝大部分 FPS 里 你需要先切换到手雷 然后才能掷出
In most first person shooters you, like, switch to the grenade, and then you can throw it,
而如果接下来不切换其他装备的话你就什么都做不了了 所以压根儿就没人用它
and that's all you can do until you switch to something else which basically means you never use them.
而在《部落》这儿 你只需要按个键 手雷就掷出去了
where as, Tribes, you could just one tap, throw a grenade.
与此同时 它物理驱动的移♥动♥方式也是如此的富有挑战性与趣味性
Again, the movement style was so challenging and interesting and physics-driven.
某种程度上来说由玩家在网上写各种教程这事儿也挺新颖的
In a way, that was very novel. You had players writing guides online about
比如如何管理喷气背包和电量
how to ski, how to manage their jetpacks and battery level.
滑行这个点子是他们偶然想出来的
They stumbled into this idea of skiing
就有点像是《雷神之锤》里的连跳
which was kind of like strafe jumping in Quake,
又比如《虚幻竞技场》中的电梯跳 总之就是这些东西
all that kind of, you know, or lift jumping in Unreal Tournament.
这些在第一人称射击游戏中出色又新奇的设计
That's, you know, emergent game design at its best in first person shooters.
它还做了职业 预设装备等功能
It featured classes, pre-made loadouts,
实在是塞了太多射击游戏前所未有的东西进来
It just did so many things that most shooters were not doing.
说真的 我还记得我当时的样子“我去 这也......”
I mean, I remember going like, ‘Oh my god, like what?
“这也太棒了 这玩意到底都掺了啥玩意进去?” 那会儿我们在棒鸡简直是没日没夜地玩
What is this thing? This is amazing,’ and we played the heck out of it at Bungie back in the day,
可《部落》并没有得到那些他应得的赞誉
Tribes just deserves a lot of recognition, and it doesn't get it.
说实话我也不知道这到底该归因于何
I'm not sure what to attribute that to.
我觉得《部落》选错参战的时机了
I think Tribes had a difficult time competing.
它的确十分创新 然而雪乐山却并没有在市场营销方面给予它足够的重视
It was very innovative, but it didn't have the marketing and sales attention at Sierra.
《半条命》实在是逼得当时其它的游戏没了活路
Half-Life had just consumed all the oxygen in the room.
而在《反恐精英》正式发♥售♥后 市场上就干脆只剩下《半条命》和《反恐精英》了
It was all just Half-Life and/or Counter-Strike once Counter-Strike became a retail product.
《部落》实在是个被严重低估的游戏 其影响之深远大大超出了人们的想像
I think it's a very underrated game, and I think it had a lot more influence than people realize.
我在其中学到的是与朋友一同游玩的快乐
What I took away from it was the fun of playing with friends.
当你们一同沉浸在这个世界中 为共同的目标一起努力时 FPS会好玩无数倍
First person shooters are way more fun when you're all immersed in this world together and working toward a common objective.
《行星边际》主打的就是规模
PlanetSide was all about the scale,
我们想给人们展示一场行星级的战争会是什么样的:
that we wanted to give people an idea of what a planetary battle would look like:
各片大♥陆♥ 各式载具
Different continents, and we had vehicles,
步兵与飞行载具你方唱罢我登场
you had infantry, and you had flying vehicles as well.
我们的团队规模很小 大概只有15、20人
The team was small. I think we were like 15, 20 people.
在开♥发♥中 有相当长的一段时间 我们没有制♥作♥大规模战斗的能力
We didn't have the ability to have, like, large scale battles for a really long time in development.
最后我们只得向SOE其他员工开放这个项目
We ended up opening it up to the rest of SOE.
我仍记得那天 简直太疯狂了
I remember that day and it was just, like, insane.
我当时还在 SOE 工作 那会就已经被游戏的范围和规模惊艳到了
I was working at SOE, and I was just amazed at the scope and the scale of that game.
那种浩瀚 以及那种混乱
That vastness and the, the chaos.
这都是我那时从未在一款第一人称射击游戏中能够体验到的
It was just something that I"d never experienced before in a first person shooter.
他们所取得的成果其实是非常让人♥大♥开眼界的
The fact that they had managed to do that was really mind blowing.
游戏本身主打领地控制 就像是《战国风云》不是吗?
The game itself was more about territory controls, like a game of Risk, right?
没人不了解那玩意
Everybody's familiar with that.
当我们看向地图时 你就会看到 知道哪个地点正在被哪个阵营夺取
We look at the map, and you see, you know, exactly where each one of the factions are taking over.
对我来说最具有纪念意义的一点就是 加入阵营
One of the things that was most memorable for me, was, you know, coming in,
然后逐渐理解它究竟为何物
being able to understand like, what the factions were,
并为每个集团创造三个不同的身份 尤其是瓦努主♥权♥国
and create three different identities for each one of the groups, specifically for the Vanu Sovereignty.
你懂的 所以我今天打了紫色的领带
you know, hence the purple tie today.
那时最大的问题 自然是竞争对手
The big issue was, of course, the, the competition.
《战地风云》那会还是个常青的系列作品
Battlefield was a long-running franchise at that point,
这是我们必须争夺的市场份额
and there was just a market share that we had to go after,
我们很清楚必须抢占这部分才能取得成功
and we knew we had to capture in order to be successful.
幸好 技术跟上了以后
Luckily, technology, you know, caught up.
我们花了大量时间打造一个引擎 专为《行星边际2》量身定做
We spent a lot of time working on the engine that we were building, specifically for Planetside 2,
由此我们得以将上千名玩家投放在6♥4♥平方公里的地图上
that would allow us to put thousands of people. on 8K by 8K maps.
通常情况下 当你开♥发♥这样的游戏时 就像是雾里看花
Often when you're developing a game like that, you've got blinders on,
不知道普罗大众进入并实际体验游戏时是什么样子
and you don't understand what it's going to be like once the general public is in and actually experiencing it.
所以当你第一次真正参与其中 看着其他人做着各自想做的事情
And, yeah, that first time jumping in and, and seeing everybody basically do whatever they wanted,
无论他们合作与否时 这都是一趟真正的旅程
coordinated or not, was a real trip.
很难描述你第一次的体验
it’s just hard to describe, like, that first time you get that experience,
就我来说 我非常兴奋
because that was really exciting to me.
长久以来 我们就像是 “噢 我们都不知道这到底能不能成”
It's like, for the longest, we were like, "Oh, we don't know if it's gonna work or not",
因为我们一直两耳不闻窗外事的埋头苦干
like, because we were all kind of working in this bubble.
然后 一旦我们按下那个开关 玩家就会蜂拥而至
and then, once we hit that switch, and you get all these people kind of running around, it's just,
这真是太夸张了
it’s just insane.
现在 请允许我揭开XBox的神秘面纱
Let me now unveil X Box.
比尔 你绝对颠覆了我们对现今科技的认知
Bill, you've certainly revolutionized the technology we know today
超快的图形处理能力速度 以及流畅度
Super fast graphics, connectivity.
X-BOX 对这个行业的未来至关重要
The XBox is important to the future of this industry.
这位是谢默斯·布莱克利 微软的首席技术官
This is Seamus Blackley, and he's the Chief Technology Officer here at Microsoft.
他正在确保这东西能够如期而至
He's making sure that this thing gets completed on time.
他们会觉得这个项目会成功吗? 他们会觉得这是一个真正的平台吗?
Do they even think it'll work? Do they even think it's a real platform?
我不知道 不过如今我们回顾过往 答案自然不言而喻
I don't know. We look back on it, it seems obvious.
但在那时 许多人都将 XBox 称为“棺材盒”
But, at that time, many people were calling it coffin box,
毕竟你不会想躺进棺材里的
like you don't want to get in the coffin.
“不要在 XBox 上浪费力气 它注定失败”
"Don't work for XBox. it’s going to fail, fail, fail, fail.
星盟认为所谓的“安静制图机”就位于这座岛下方的某处
The Covenant believed that what they call "The Silent Cartographer" is somewhere under this island.
“这个制图机是一个能让我们进入光环控制中心的地图室”
The cartographer is a Map Room that will lead us to Halo"s Control Center.
“着陆 陆战队 快上!”
Touchdown. Hit it, Marines!
电影精选列表