我们的角色有着各种不同的能力 还可以超级跳
Our characters had vastly different capabilities. We could do super jumps.
我们以前每天下午都要花 大概两个小时的时间玩多人游戏
We used to spend, you know, two hours every afternoon playing multiplayer,
而这还是我们在开始开♥发♥单人游戏战役之前
and that was before we had anything working on the single player side.
我记得我们开始进厂压盘的前两晚 杰森·琼斯 创意总监
I think it was two nights before we went Gold Master. Jason Jones, the creative director,
在游戏代码里爆改了多人模式里的麦格农手♥枪♥ 它的伤害就变成了以往的三倍
went into code and, for the human pistol for multiplayer, it just does, like, three times as much damage.
这彻底摧毁了多人游戏模式的平衡
It completely destroyed the multiplayer balance.
哈 它的效果立竿见影 不是吗?
Yeah, it was pretty effective, wasn't it?
《光环: 战斗进化》
Halo: Combat Evolved
光环发♥售♥后 它成为最火爆的 Xbox 游戏 取得了令人难以置信的成功
After Halo shipped, it became the biggest Xbox game. incredibly successful
团队中几乎每个人都想去做别的项目
Almost everybody on the team wanted to go work on something else.
我们的成员 杰森·琼斯 是各个部门之间的粘合剂
Jason Jones, who was really the glue that was holding all the different functions.
他想马上开♥发♥一个新的系列 并让核心团队继续努力制♥作♥《光环2》
He wanted to go off and work on a new franchise and let the core team keep going and do Halo 2.
“任务继续!”
We're going in!
“海军陆战队 战斗准备!”
Get tactical Marines!
“潜入那艘敌舰 并抓住悲怆先知”
Get aboard that carrier, secure the Prophet of Regret.
我们在构思阶段就花了很多时间 思考我们将如何设计关卡空间 如何创作所有人物角色等等
We spent a good amount of time at the very beginning thinking about how we were going to devise spaces,
以及我们可以在引擎中利用什么样的技术来让画面看起来更胜一筹
how we were going to create all of those characters and such and what kind of technologies we could utilize within the engine to make things look a lot better.
还花了很多时间来厘清 故事应该朝什么方向发展
Also spent a lot of time kind of figuring out what, what direction the story should take.
“这是一项危险的自杀任务”
The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous, suicidal.
“你会如以往的神风烈士一样贡献生命 议会会帮你收尸的”
You will die as each Arbiter has before you.
站在神风烈士的视角游玩 让玩家从另一角度探寻星盟阵营的塑造 提供截然不同的游戏体验
If you're going to experience the story of the hero, well, what about experiencing the story of the villain, quote, unquote?
扮演神风烈士 给玩家一种进入大部分时间下作为敌人难以见到的星盟内部视角
Playing as the Arbiter was one way to give you a lot of insight into the Covenant that you wouldn't have normally had.
突然之间 玩家拥有了通常开不到或者要靠抢的炫酷武器和载具
All of a sudden, you got access to a lot of cool weapons and vehicles that you wouldn't normally have had,
而且还能与原本的作为敌人的AI队友一起并肩作战
and you got to see the AI from the other side.
我喜欢开♥发♥者冒着被喷的风险让玩家扮演另一个角色 还有加入了双持武器
I love that they were taking risks and letting you play another character and dual wielding and,
还有其他崭新登场的超帅的新内容
you know, other super cool stuff that they introduced in there.
而且它看起来超级酷 双持冲♥锋♥枪♥到处战斗
And it just looked super cool to run around with double SMG,
双持是我们首先展示的游戏内容之一
and it was one of the very first things we showed about the game.
但展示的时候其实我们还没开♥发♥完 玩家双持系统所需的全部技术
It was before we had actually finished all the tech that would allow you to actually dual wield.
所以 在那次演示里 当我们切换到双持冲♥锋♥枪♥的时候
So, in that demo video, when we switched to dual wielding SMGs.
实际上你只拿了一把冲♥锋♥枪♥ 另一把冲♥锋♥枪♥跟贴纸一样贴它的另一侧 就只是浮在那里
it's actually just one SMG with another SMG stuck on the side of it just floating there.
总之都是些水中月镜中花
Lots of smoke and mirrors in announcements.
我和其他开♥发♥者呕心沥血 就是为了让 Xbox 能有硬盘和联网功能
I and others bled gallons of blood in order to make sure an Xbox had networking capability and a hard drive.
《光环2》确实定义了Xbox Live 任何有 Xbox 的人都得有一份《光环2》
Halo 2 really defined Xbox Live. Anybody owning Xbox had to have Halo 2.
Bungie创新的发明了匹配系统 只需进入Xbox Live就可以开始自动匹配 然后等上几分钟
Bungie was innovative and matchmaking. You could just go onto Xbox Live and find yourself in a match and minutes,
你玩得越好 系统就越能准确地与具有相似水平的人匹配
and the better you play, the more you were getting matched with people of like skills.
我可以说Xbox Live最初上线的两年间 90%的情况下是被玩家用来玩《光环2》
For the first two years of Xbox Live’s existences, I think something like 90% of players were playing Halo 2.
“我是你坚不可摧的盾 是你无往不利的剑”
I am your shield. I am your Sword.
《光环3》要全方位跨越到次时代方面确实压力重重 我们几乎在每个决定上都力求跃进
There was certainly pressure with Halo three to make that generational leap, and we just tried to go big with almost every decision.
我们期望要将《光环3》打造成一部恢弘巨作 以及一个无与伦比的世界
Halo 3, we wanted to go epic and make the world feel incredible.
我认为《结束这场战斗》可能是某种致歉
I think Finish the Fight might’ve been sort of an apology.
“士官长 你介意告诉我你在那艘船上做什么吗?”
You mind telling me what you're doing on that ship?
是对于仓促收尾《光环2》的致歉
For kind of how Halo 2 wrapped up.
“终结这场战争”
Finishing this fight.
《结束这场战斗》是一个集结号♥ 如果你和我们一样打穿了《光环2》
Finish the fight was a rallying cry. If you're with us, and you played through Halo 2,
那么《光环3》是我们为玩家带来的他们期待已久的终曲
this is where we give you that ending that you’ve been waiting for.
我们的想法是: 必须做出有史以来最伟大的游戏
The idea was: you have to make the greatest game ever.
这是要取得成功的唯一途径 这个游戏必须在各个层面上都绝对无可挑剔
This is the only way this is going to be successful.It has to be extraordinary on all sorts of levels.
正如人们知道的那样 真♥相♥先知 实际上名不副实 是个谎言先知
The Prophet of Truth, as I'm sure people realize, is in fact is, the Prophet of Lies.
以与角色本身行为相反的方式命名正可谓是古典戏剧的传统
The classic dramatic tradition to name characters the opposite of what they are.
我有一种冲动 我要完成我曾经对《光环》系列设想过的所有期望:
There was a sense of, ‘I'm gonna finish everything I ever I ever wanted to do with the Halo series:
有一个可以四处走动的圣甲虫 并实时对玩家做出反应
having a Scarab that could walk around arbitrarily and react to you.
还有飞过头顶 越来越大 越来越大的星盟飞船等等
and the Covenant ships flying overhead and such, bigger and bigger and bigger and
这次要真正强有力地将步行战斗与载具战斗整合为一体
really strongly integrating the on foot combat with the vehicle combat.
从游戏画面表现和创意方向给人的感觉
For the look and feel of it to the creative direction of it
这就是我想在游戏的其余部分中延续的氛围
that was the vibe that I wanted to push through to the rest of the game,
它将会重新定义Xbox Live
It's going to have to kind of redefine Xbox Live.
光环多人游戏火爆的原因之一 是因为开♥发♥者为玩家提供了很多客制化选项
One of the reasons why Halo’s multiplayer worked was because we gave you so many options to customize it.
你可以只用剑 可以增加复活时间 玩家可以根据自己的朋友们的喜好对其进行客制
You could go swords-only, you could increase the respawn time. You could really tailor it to what you and your group likes.
Forge 是它的延伸 Forge最初只是:
Forge was kind of an extension of that. Initially, it was just:
放置几个物体 稍微移♥动♥下武器 更改物品刷新速度 对地图小修小改
place a few objects, move the weapons around a little bit, change the respawn rates of things as a modification to a map.
然后 几位美术看了之后就开始尝试更多的东西
And then, a couple of the artists looked at it and went,
好吧 如果我们可以放置物体 那我们试试放一大堆物体看看会发生什么
'Well, if we can place objects, we're gonna place a lot of objects and see what happens.'
我们拼尽全力制♥作♥最完美的《光环》 而最终也大获全胜
Halo 3 was the victory lap where we just wanted to make the perfect Halo.
“噢 我最清楚姑娘们喜欢什么”
Oh, I know what the ladies like.
我们从来没有想到《光环》会成为一种文化现象
We never had any idea that Halo was going to become a cultural phenomenon.
光环很火 每个人都在玩光环 到处都是“这就是未来 这太棒了”的赞扬
Halo was big, and everyone was playing Halo and ‘This is the future. This is awesome.’
光环在我心中占有特殊的位置 它改变了一切
Halo has a special place in my heart, it was the gamechanger
我记得参加过局域网派对 在地下室将四个主机的系统连接在一起
I remember doing LAN parties. We would system link, like, four consoles together in a basement
当我们看到粉丝的反应时 我们看到了我的台词
When we saw the lines for me when we saw the fan reaction.
我们被它震惊了
We were struck by it.
这是人们前所未见的东西
No one had seen anything like it at the time.
为什么20年后我坐在这里 为什么我们仍在制♥作♥《光环》游戏
The reason why I'm sitting here 20 years later, why we're still making Halo games,
它证明了你可以创造扎实的射击体验
it showed that you can create a rock solid shooter experience,
但同时你还可以创造一个美丽 神秘的世界 让人流连忘返
but you can also create a beautiful, mysterious world that people want to spend time in.
它还能用人物去讲述一个故事 这真的很非同凡响
It can tell a story with characters, that, that matter.
这真的是游戏史上的一个标志性时刻
It was just an iconic moment in the history of games.
“有需要 就叫醒我”
Wake me when you need me.
“别随便给女孩保证你兑现不了的承诺”
Don’t make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it.
有这么个恐怕30岁以下的人听都没听说过的大问题
There was a titanic problem that, you know nobody under the age of 30 might even know about,
这个问题很好笑 因为在那个时候
which is hilarious which is that, at that time,
有一系列几乎是宗教战争级别的争论
a serious argument existed, a religious war existed,
这个问题就是 射击游戏永远无法在主机上实现
that shooters could never work on a console
要想玩射击游戏 你必须要有一套键鼠设备
that, to play a shooter, you had to have a mouse and a keyboard.
因为鼠标的响应速度 还有其他一大堆原因
because of the response speed of the mouse and a bunch of other stuff,
尽管我知道这听起来很扯 但
and I know that sounds insane but,
在过去 有不计其数的人会告诉你
at the time, you would have tons of people tell you
“不要尝试去做主机射击游戏 因为结果会很糟”
‘You should not try to make a shooter on a console, because it would be terrible.’
唷 听好了 我们不会成为二维世界的住民
Yo, listen up. We will not live in a two dimensional world.
我们环顾四周 我们无拘无束
We will take a look around. We will not be confined.
每个上市时家里有台 N6♥4♥ 的人都玩过《恐龙猎人》
Every single person that had an N6♥4♥ when it came out played Turok.
它就是 N6♥4♥ 的代表游戏
That's like an iconic N6♥4♥ game.
它的概念非常吸引人 比如你可以拿枪射恐龙
The concept is just so appealing. It's like you get to shoot dinosaurs
比如史前世界 比如棒极了的包装封绘
like prehistoric world, like the box art looked awesome.
有关《恐龙猎人》很重要的一点是他美洲土著的身份
One of the big parts of Turok was he was a Native American,
以前从未有过以这种方式展现的原住民形象
and you didn't really see indigenous people being represented that way
一个电子游戏英雄 或者只是单纯的主角形象
as heroes in video games or just protagonists.
玩这个游戏对还是个小孩的我来说有点太难了
When I was a kid, and I was playing it, the game was way too hard for me,
而且因为好比说浓雾之类的原因 它把我吓得不轻
and it terrified me because, like, the fog was so thick that it
感觉上几乎就是个生存恐怖游戏了
it felt like a survival horror game.
《恐龙猎人》感觉不像是个快节奏射击游戏
It didn't feel like a running gun shooter,
因为你必须有条不紊地游玩
because you had to play it so methodically
你不知道什么时候就有只猛龙从雾里跳出来活剥了你
because you never knew when a raptor was just going to, like, bust out of the fog and kill you.
Night Dive工作室去除雾气的改动让我十分震惊
What amazed me was that Night Dive’s port, by removing the fog,
玩家终于有机会按照设计者的意图来进行游玩
you actually get to play that game the way the designers intended.
这就导致了一个问题
That opened up a whole can of worms,
因为最初开♥发♥者不仅是为了缩短绘制距离而进行雾化
because not only did the original developers implement that fog so that the draw distance would be a lot shorter
这也是为了不必对整个世界进行完全建模
but they also did it so that they wouldn't have to fully model the entire world as well.
于是 当我们拉开了那层帷幕后 我们发现树顶是不存在的 大量的几何体不知所踪
And so, when we kind of pulled back that curtain, we discovered that the tops of the trees didn't exist. a lot of geometry was missing.
于是我们只能去找3D艺术家来完成现在这些有史以来首次可视化的部分
And so, we had to bring on a 3D artist to basically complete the assets that were now visible for the first time.
“我名特洛克”
I am Turok.
《完美黑暗》得名的过程 是我们把大量的词汇 形容词还有动词全部贴在门后
Perfect Dark was created by us taking a load of words, describing words and verbs, sticking them on the back of a door,
然后一个个拿掉 直到我们能组出个看着像那么回事的词组
and then removing them one by one, until we came up with two that kind of worked together.
《完美黑暗》是个主打潜行和探索 试图找寻事件真♥相♥的游戏
Perfect Dark was all about stealthiness and going around and trying to find out what's going on and,
它很黑暗 我指的不仅是亮度的黑 也意味着我们试图打造黑暗的阴谋故事情节
and it's dark, both in sense of light and also dark in terms of sense of the conspiracy plot that we were trying to follow up.
“举起手来 然后离那个外星人远一点”
Hands up, and step away from the alien.
我们看了很多《X档案》 这部美剧在当时很火
We'd watched a lot of X-Files. X-Files was big at the time.
也称得上是部十分黑暗的作品 自然 黑暗的元素就成为了我们的主导
so there's darkness there as well. So, the whole dark thing just became sort of dominant for us.
那个时候我们当然都见过劳拉·克劳馥了
Of course, we'd all seen Lara Croft by that point,
但我们想要一个更真实的 更令人向往的形象 并且同时她还是一个间谍角色
and we wanted something more real, something that we could aspire to and still have her as a, a, a spy character.
半数的枪♥械♥都来自于《特警判官》
Half the guns come from a book on Judge Dredd.
坦白说 你只要看上一眼就知道我们基本上是照搬进《完美黑暗》的
Quite honestly, if you look at them, you can see that we've just stolen things straight out of them and adapted them for Perfect Dark.
乔安娜·达克的潜水服来自于《UFO》的某集 这是一部60年代的英国科幻电视剧
Um, Joanna Dark’s wetsuit comes from an episode of UFO which was an English sci-fi show from the ‘60s.
基本上这就是同一款式的潜水服 但迄今为止都还没有人把它们联♥系♥起来
I mean, it's essentially the exact same wetsuit, but no one's made the connection yet.
要知道 如果你比较一下《完美黑暗》和《黄金眼》的图像质量
You know, if you look at the graphical quality between Perfect Dark and GoldenEye,
本质上来说是一样的引擎 一样的主机 但却向前迈进了一大步
fundamentally the same engine and the same console, but it took a big step forward.
在制♥作♥《黄金眼》时 有很多我们没能实现的想法
There were lots of good design ideas that we didn't get into GoldenEye.
于是我们想着: “这回一定要加入电脑角色” 这一下就把格局给打开了
We thought, ‘We should definitely have bots in this, because it opens up so much more.
此后再无三 四个人围着屏幕 你可以直接和机器人对战
It means you don't need to have three people around the screen and four people around the screen, you can do it against the bot.
在早期 我们认为我们是在专注于制♥作♥基本的机器人AI
So, it was an early thing. One of the first things I think we worked on was some basic bot AI.
电影精选列表