不知道有多少游戏史上的经典元素 都诞生自我们在麻省剑桥市的办公室里
and there were so many things in games that probably happened for the first time ever in Cambridge, Mass in our offices
抑或生于德州玛斯基的两位约翰之手
or, you know, in Mesquite with John and John
那些都是当代玩家司空见惯的3D世界游戏元素
where there was some emergent behavior of a 3D world that, now, we don’t even think about.
但那可是历史上的头一遭 真正开创了新玩法
But, that was the first time. We’re like, ‘Wow, we should… That should be gameplay.’
我们当时还得费尽千辛万苦跟人解释何为“3D游戏”
At that time, we had to describe to people that it was a 3D game,
3D渲染究竟是什么东西
and what 3D rendering was and that, you know,
一番解释以后 好多人还是会问“可是我的角色去哪里了勒”
a lot of people still looked at 3D games and were, like, ‘Where am I? Where’s the character?
“啊 你就是你的角色 你在通过你角色的眼睛看世界”
’Well, ‘No, no, but you’re in your own head. You’re… It’s as if you’re looking through your own eyes.
我们当时还觉得把每一个键都用上简直是天才般的主意
We actually thought it was a good idea to use every key on the keyboard.
例如 你有两只手 一只在左一只在右
So, you have two hands, one’s on the left, one’s on the right.
所以我们就用左右的键分别控制左右手
‘Hey, let’s…Let’s use the keys on the left and the keys on the right.’
我也不知道当时脑子里装的什么……
I, I don’t know what we were thinking.
那时有一款用鼠标调整视角的《终结者》游戏 我到现在都记得当时说的话
There was a, a Terminator game that came out that used mouselook, and I’ll never forget.
我越过同事的肩膀看游戏画面
and I’ll never forget. I, I looked over one of my team member’s shoulders,
说: “用鼠标操纵视角也太蠢了 哪有人会这么做”
and I just said, ‘No one’s ever gonna use a mouse to look around in a game.’
我的看法……似乎与现实有小小的偏差
I was just a little bit wrong about that.
我们经常想太多 把3D渲染下的系统搞到复杂透顶
You know, we were overthinking things. We were making this very complicated game with 3D rendering
满是要处理的NPC 物品栏 物理引擎等等 但目标始终是做我们真正会喜欢的游戏
with, you know, NPCs and inventories and this big physics engine and we were making the game that we wanted to play.
无论何时何地 电子游戏中最有趣者
The most exciting thing that can happen in a game at any time in any way
就是玩家想方设法做到自己都不敢相信的事
is when players do things that surprise themselves,
甚至还有更精彩的时候 那便是玩家的妙手让开♥发♥者都为之一惊
and even better is when they surprise the people who made the game.
这就是电子游戏的魔力 史上再没有其他媒介能够创造此等奇迹了
That’s magic. That is what games can do that no other medium in the history of humankind has ever been able to do.
有一款 FPS 游戏新出时我没玩过 但藉喷神系列节目却接触到了
There was a first person shooter game that, uh, I didn’t play back then but, uh, while I was doing the nerd episodes,
某一集里我玩了一部超任游戏 名叫《超级诺亚方舟3D》
I played this Super Nintendo game called Super Noah’s Ark 3D.
“……到底出了多少个无授权的超任游戏呢?就这么一个 而且它找到了运行方法”
How many Super Nintendo games came out not licensed by Nintendo? Just one, and it found the way.
“通过在卡带顶插一个授权的超任游戏 她能避开锁定系统 可以玩了”
By plugging an official Super Nintendo game into the top of it, it overrides the lockout chip, and you can play it.
我其实几乎没参与这款游戏
I had very, very little involvement in that project.
大体只是“劳烦你把《德军总部3D》的源代码寄给某某”
My involvement was, ‘Hey, can you send a disc with the source code of Wolf 3D for the Super Nintendo to these guys?’
我就表示“啊好的”
And I said, ‘Sure!’
天底下就这一款游戏让你扮演诺亚 跑来跑去到处射爆山羊
It’s the only game where you can play as Noah going around fucking up a bunch of goats.
他每天什么也不干 就拿弹弓打小动物
I mean, he’s just slingshotting all the animals
剧情上好像是方舟里的动物出笼造♥反♥了什么之类的
because, I guess, like the plot of the game: the animals in the ark are getting out of control or whatever.
诺亚就要拿弹弓镇♥压♥他们
So, Noah’s got to, like, put them in their place.
简直蠢到可笑
It’s, it’s hilarious.
《超级诺亚方舟3D》吸引我纯粹是因为太过整蛊
Super Noah’s Ark really struck me as just being weird,
这还是一家倡导基♥督♥教价值观的公♥司♥做的
because it was sponsored by a company that wanted to promote Christian values.
但要说真正使我大开眼界的游戏 那绝对非《奇克斯任务》莫属
But, for me, the one that really made me just roll my eyes was a game called Chex Quest.
奇克斯麦片真给力!现在每盒还附赠一盘游戏光碟!
Chex are fun, chex are high. Now, you can get a free CD-ROM game inside boxes of Chex cereal.
奇克斯任务? 买♥♥麦片附赠的游戏?
Chex Quest, a game that came in a cereal box.
这游戏能好玩就有鬼了……
How is that supposed to be any good? But, it was.
其实还挺好玩的! 早餐麦片的周边能做到这种程度 真是叫人意外
It was actually a pretty good game, you know, for something that was based on a cereal and came in a cereal.
《奇克斯任务》用《毁灭战士》的引擎做了一款让玩家拿勺子大战早餐麦片的游戏
Chex Quest, a game that used the Doom engine to make a game where you’re supposed to be putting spoons inside of cereal
这可是合家欢FPS 又称 FFFPS
It’s a family friendly first person shooter, an FFFPS.
用长得像遥控器的「嗦撤」电爆谜之鼻涕状外星人
You use, uh, zorchers which are these remote control things to zap these booger guys.
想来真有点在发神经之列——我的梦中情游就是这部蠢到家的《奇克斯任务》
And it’s, it’s crazy ‘cause my dream game which was, like, really stupid was Chex Quest.
“弗雷莫伊侵略军回来了! 它们要颠覆麦片乡的生活方式 只留一片混乱!”
The Flemoid menace is back and threatening to turn our snacktacular way of life into total chaos.
我一直以为这事没有半点可能性
I always thought it would never happen because it’s like,
通用磨坊这家麦片公♥司♥怎么可能同意我们重置再发行一款1997年的麦片附赠游戏?
‘How would I possibly get General Mills, a cereal company, to say yes to letting us re-release a free packing cereal game from 1997?’
“现在就加入我们吧! 用嗦撤大杀四方 神挡杀神 佛挡杀佛!”
Join now and learn to zorch things and then zorch bigger things.
但他们刚好想藉九十年代怀旧潮复活这个IP 一切水到渠成 事情就成了
And then, it just so happened that they wanted to revive it anyway for ‘90s nostalgia, and it was just like, ‘Okay, the stars aligned and made it happen.’
“奇克斯任务! 依旧免费! 高清升级! 择日不如撞日 今天就加入奇克斯小队吧!”
Chex Quest, still free, now in HD. Join the Chex Mix Squadron today.
我印象最深的部分是《残酷毁灭战士》模组
What I remember best about it was there was a Brutal Doom mod.
可以拿来增强《奇克斯任务》的血腥暴♥力♥程度
which enhances the gore and the violence.
把合家欢元素从游戏里剔除
How this takes the family friendly aspect out of it.
当你玩过如残酷奇克斯任务般残酷的游戏后 你就需要一碗同样残酷的麦片!
When you have a game as brutal, as Brutal Chex Quest, you gotta have a brutal cereal to go with it.
所以我们在那集结尾就拍了这个小剧场
So, we did this skit at the end of the episode.
残暴奇克斯!
Brutal Chex! It’s Chex on steroids,
就是打了胆固醇的奇克斯!
Brutal Chex! It’s Chex on steroids,
非法胆固醇!
illegal steroids
原料有碎玻璃 锈铁钉以及全麦米
made from broken glass, rusty fucking nails, and whole grain rice.
吃了此麦片能活命的话 你一整天都会充满力量!
This cereal will start your day, if it doesn’t end your life.
来点奇克斯吧!
‘Have some Chex!’
……好呀!
‘Okay, okay.’
好极了……
‘Okay, okay.’
残酷奇克斯会把你的牛奶染红 用的就是从你尖叫大嘴喷出的血浆!
Brutal Chex turns your milk red from your own blood pouring out of your fucking screaming mouth!
附赠五十小时的美国在线使用权
50 free hours of America Online included.
迈克尔·阿布拉什和约翰·卡马克当时正在开♥发♥《雷神之锤》
Michael Abrash and John Carmack are doing Quake,
所以本作的所有关卡就由我 以及... 约翰·罗梅罗加上之后入职的美♥利♥坚♥·麦基来完成
and so it's left to me and, uh, John Romero and, later on, American McGee to do all the levels
当时我们想着“行 我们要做出成千上万的优秀关卡
and the idea was, 'Well, we'll just do a million billion levels that are fun to play
再把它卖♥♥出去 这买♥♥卖♥♥双赢
and then, we'll sell this, and it'll be fun.'
当时我大概也才19岁左右的年纪
At that time, you know, I was 18, 19 years old,
那时候有个和我住在同一栋公♥寓♥的家伙 有辆法拉利豪车 他每天都开着它上下班
and, a few doors down from me, there was a guy who was driving to and from work in a, in a Ferrari
他的车牌上写着“ID TECH” 那家伙就是约翰·卡马克
His license plate said, 'ID TECH,' and that was John Carmack.
有一次他跟我说 “那个 其实我就是这家游戏公♥司♥的老板
He let on that, 'Hey, I'm actually the boss at this,
它就在这条街的前面
this game company down the road here.
你愿意的话可以来办公室 帮忙测试我们的一些游戏
Would you like to come and beta test some of our games in the office?'
有天晚上他带我出去吃饭的时候说: “你愿意来入职吗?”
And he took me out to dinner one night and said, 'Would you like to come work full time?'
我们拥有完全自♥由♥随性的开♥发♥权力
We kind of could do whatever we wanted,
所以当时对这个项目那是想到什么就做什么
so everything was very experimental.
我认为具有户外场景的关卡 应该是起源自E3M6 这关来自于初代的《毁灭战士》
I'd say that the genesis of the outdoor levels came from E3M6 in the original Doom.
有趣的是 这同时也是第一个需要火箭跳技巧的关卡
Interestingly, that was the first level to have a rocket jump in it.
但是 那是一个非常非常独特的关卡 从你起始的地方
But, that was a really, very unique level where you were,
先从户外的场景开始 之后再进入建筑物内部
you started outdoors and going into buildings.
这样真的很酷 我非常喜欢
It was really cool. I love that.
所以 当我们开始制♥作♥像“MAP15”这样的关卡时
And so, when we were starting to make levels like 15,
我没记错的话 诞生了一个非常非常广阔的户外区域 有可能是本作最大的关卡
it was a huge, huge outdoor area. It was the biggest, probably, I'd say.
然后 像“MAP18 - 堡垒”这关那样
And then, like The Citadel, MAP18,
桑迪在户外的中心区域放置了很多超酷内容
Sandy had a lot of really cool outdoor stuff in the center there.
所以没错 制♥作♥这些关卡真的很有意思
So, yeah, it was really fun making those levels.
这感觉真的很不同寻常 我们不断地探索
It was really different, and it was us
尝试“我们还能对这款游戏做些什么来让它与众不同?”
exploring, 'What else could we do with this game to make it different?'
好吧 《毁灭战士2》的“市中心”这一关确实是我做的
Well, I did the Doom level Downtown
我知道很多人对它恨之入骨 但其实是这样……
which I, I know a lot of people hate, but that's the one…
这是有史以来第一个开放结构的大型城市关卡
That's the first level ever done that was a big, open city.
桑迪用了一种让人感到非常不可思议的方式 让这个关卡变成了现实
The way that Sandy made that level, it felt mysterious.
它给人一种感觉: “我真的能弄清楚这整个关卡吗?”
It felt like, 'Do I even know the whole level?'
毕竟整个关卡同时存在着那么多的秘密地点 传送区域和其它狂乱的现象
There are so many secret teleports and all kinds of crazy stuff going on
“市中心”这关给人感觉就像在公♥寓♥和摩天大楼之间穿梭 远处还有一个码头的感觉
Downtown is like apartment buildings and skyscrapers, and there was, like, a docks at one end
约翰·罗梅罗对这个关卡青睐有加 之后他就做了一个属于自己的城市关卡 而且更加出色
and, uh, John Romero liked that level so much that, then, he did his city level which was even better.
我们经常就像这样互相比试较劲
So, we were doing a lot of playing off each other.
我们主要让美♥利♥坚♥·麦基制♥作♥各种短小紧凑型关卡 大部分都是让你在里头兜圈子
You know, we had American McGee making his little tight levels where everything went in circles around.
就像你看到的那样 那时候我才20岁
You know, I was 20 years old at the time.
一句“呦 就你了小子” 然后我就开始为人气超高的游戏制♥作♥关卡了
'Hey kid, go and start building levels for these games that are hugely popular.
我一下子感到压力山大 满脑子只想着怎么才能不把活儿砸了
I, I felt a fair amount of pressure to do a good job.
你会发现我负责的关卡地图都有一种内核作为前提 围绕它来构建出更庞大的环境
You'll see a lot of my maps have a sort of central premise that's built into something larger, and it's because
这是因为我认为作品需要有一个核心概念 可以从这主题当中诞生出相应的故事元素
I felt, 'Alright, I've got enough of a core here to make that the theme for a larger story
并最终构成一个完整的关卡
that is this whole map.'
许多人都对 MAP06 那个超大型碾压机感到好奇
People are always asking me about the crusher
人们对于这样的地图感兴趣这事还挺有意思的
and it's funny, you know, for maps like that,
我们又构思了许多的小花招并放置其中以测试可行性
there, again, were a lot of little experimental rooms that were created.
有时围绕创意实验去制♥作♥关卡地图颇具挑战性
It was a bit of a challenge sometimes to design a map around the experiments.
老实说 我当时有很多关于小型地图的创意
Basically, I had a bunch of ideas for little set pieces that I hadn't
但最终没能在游戏开♥发♥时找到机会实现
found a space for in the other levels.
我印象里在这关 我想出了六个点子
I think I actually had six ideas.
不过 你知道这个关卡是一个很明显的八边形结构
So but, of course, the level has eight sides,'cause it's an octagon.
所以 我不得不再绞尽脑汁凑两个出来
So, I had to make up two new ones.
另一个非常有趣的关卡是 MAP23“炸桶玩”
Another level that was super fun to do was Barrels O'Fun
我当时决定要设计一个关卡 在里头摆上成千上万个爆♥炸♥桶
I decided I was gonna have a level where I was gonna have a million billion barrels
玩家可以领略何为爆♥炸♥就是艺术 这就是这个关卡的由来
and just let the players go nuts with barrels, and so that's where that came from.
我们当初并没有考虑加入更多新武器
We did not think about more weapons.
但我们确实需要一把更炫酷的霰弹枪
We knew we needed to have a, a cooler shotgun
它是专门用来贴脸输出的 因为大家都知道在死亡竞赛里这招非常致命
for closeup stuff, because we just knew, in Deathmatch, this was gonna be so deadly.
默认的那把霰弹枪发射7颗弹丸
There were seven bullets that were fired by the old shotgun.
而这把新武器一次可以打出20颗 保证你把对手彻底轰杀至渣
There was 20 in the new one, so you could really blast something.
《毁灭战士》很强调时机 尤其是在和敌人你来我往激烈交火时
Doom is all about timing, like reloading your gun, reloading that shotgun
像霰弹枪这样有攻击硬直的武器更是如此
you know, like it was really important that you got the timing down
身边没有墙壁之类掩体的情况下 掌握武器节奏就非常重要
because, if you're alternating shots with an enemy, and you're not dodging
毕竟谁都不想平白无故挨枪子儿
behind a wall or whatever, you're gonna take it in the face
这就是人们在这游戏里体验到的经典韵味
and it's, like, classic. Everybody's used to that.
《毁灭战士2》的最终 BOSS 被称为“罪恶圣像”
The icon of sin, that was basically the name of the final boss in the game.
电影精选列表