剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表
Previously...
前情提要
I hear the old king's dead.
我听说老国王死了
Murdered? God save us.
被杀害了吗 上帝保佑
Sir Thomas Langley, knight to Queen Isabella.
托马斯·兰利爵士 伊莎贝拉王后的骑士
Are you suggesting that
你是暗示我
he conspires against me? Not just him.
他密谋造♥反♥吗 不只是他
These men are traitors to the Crown. Hang them.
这些人与王权作对 绞死他们
But you still need an Oxford education.
但你还是需要到牛津读书
You've no money, mother.
可你没有钱 母亲
Then the good Lord must provide.
那就要依靠仁慈的上帝了
Seek me out. And, if I may, I'll do the same with you.
来找我 如果是我 我也会找你的
I'd like that.
我会的
We've planned a little celebration--
我们打算简单庆祝一下
of your betrothal to Elfric Builder.
你和建筑师埃尔弗里克订婚
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
以圣父 圣子 圣灵之名
Amen. Amen.
阿门 阿门
Will you, Elfric Builder,
建筑师埃尔弗里克
take Caris Wooler as your lawful wife?
你愿意娶羊毛商凯瑞丝作你合法的妻子吗
I will.
我愿意
Will you, Caris Wooler, take Elfric Builder
羊毛商凯瑞丝 你愿意嫁给埃尔弗里克
as your lawful husband,
让他成为你合法的丈夫吗
to love, honour,
你愿意爱他 尊重他
and obey from this day forward so long as you live?
顺从他 从今日起至生命尽头吗
I will.
我愿意
You may kiss the bride.
新郎亲吻新娘
Smile.
笑一笑
Sir Roland?
罗兰爵士
I will, Your Highness.
遵命 陛下
Majesty. I bring good news from Kingsbridge.
陛下 我从王桥带来了好消息
Two more traitors arrested and hung.
又有两个叛贼被捕并受刑
Any monks among them?
他们当中有修士吗
No.
没有
Shame.
真可惜
In short, Kingsbridge has been purged once again.
简言之 王桥又接受了整治
So Kingsbridge is now a shining example of my realm?
这么说王桥已成我国光鲜无瑕的典范了
Well, there is always room for improvement, Majesty.
精益求精 永无止境 陛下
Did you have anything in particular in mind?
您有何具体的想法吗
Many things.
甚多
But let's start with taxes.
不过先从税收着手吧
Kingsbridge wool is renowned throughout the world.
王桥产的羊毛闻名世界
Shouldn't that be a good source of revenue?
这不就是一项极佳的收益来源吗
Actual more, Majesty, I think you will find
说实话 陛下 您会发现
they're already quite heavily taxed.
他们的赋税已经相当重了
Are you suggesting that they can't provide more?
你是说他们不能缴更多税了吗
No, Majesty. If more is required,
不 陛下 如果需要多征税
then more will be provided.
那便能收到更多税
Then we require more--
那我们需要多征税
much more.
越多越好
A war is coming, and wars are expensive. Go.
大战将至 而战争极耗财力 退下
And tax those monks too!
修士同样要上税
A witch is to be tried on Saturday morning,
周六清早将要审判一个女巫
the last day of the fair!
也就是集市的最后一天
"The end approacheth", saith the Lord.
"大限将至" 上帝有言
Death to sinners, and hellfire eternal!
罪人必死 永受业火
What's Sir Roland doing here?
罗兰爵士来这儿干什么
And with his sons no less?
他的儿子们居然也来了
He never deigns to come to the fair.
他可从不屑于到集市来
I expect they've come to meet his fiancee.
我想他们是来见他的未婚妻
His what?
他的什么
Lady Margery. Didn't you know?
玛杰丽小姐啊 你不知道吗
Sixteen's a bit old for a first marriage, father.
十六岁才初婚 年纪有点大吧 父亲
She must be hideous.
她一定面目可憎
Au contraire. You've met her, haven't you, Richard?
恰恰相反 理查 你已经见过她了吧
Well, father, I've confessed Lady Margery several times,
父亲 我多次聆听玛杰丽小姐的忏悔
but, to be honest, I wasn't focused on her charm.
但说实话 我从未留意过她有多迷人
Are you going to be able to keep up with her?
您有能耐满足她吗
No fear for me in the bedroom, boy.
儿子 别为我的床事担心
Philippa's met her, says she's spoiled.
菲莉帕见过她 说她娇生惯养
Yes, there goes your inheritance, boys.
没错 儿子们 你们的遗产要被花光了
Is it true your master's to be married?
你家主人要结婚了 这是真的吗
What's it to you?
关你什么事
Why so cruel?
凶什么凶
I only ask out of genuine curiosity.
我不过是好奇 问问罢了
I once knew him well.
我以前跟他很熟的
You and many other women.
还有很多女人也是
Have you met the bride to be?
你见过未来的新娘吗
She's young and she's pretty, if that's what you're asking.
她年轻貌美 如果你是想问这个的话
Now, if you don't mind, I have better things to do
现在 如果你不介意 我还有事要做
than to banter with you.
比在这儿跟你闲聊强多了
Of course.
悉听尊便
Elfric? He's out.
埃尔弗里克呢 他出去了
Do you have any idea where I might find him?
你知道我上哪里能找到他吗
He tells me very little.
他什么都不和我说
Did you make these?
这些是你做的吗
Uh, yes. I model Elfric's projects
是 我给埃尔弗里克的工程建模
in miniature to work out any problems.
看看其中有没有什么缺陷
You're very talented.
你很有天分
Thank you.
过奖
But still I see things in my mind that I want to build,
不过我还有很多东西想建起来
but I don't know where to start.
却不知从哪儿着手
I was a student of architecture myself.
我曾经学过建筑
Um, always wanted to study in Florence.
以前老想去佛罗伦萨学习呢
You've been to Italy? I never... completely understood
你去过意大利吗 我从没弄明白过
how the structures were supported.
建筑构架究竟是怎么搭起来的
I'm sure you could follow the drawings better than I.
我相信你对图纸的理解能力比我强
I doubt it.
那可不一定
Don't doubt your abilities, Merthin.
别妄自菲薄 梅尔辛
Very important.
这很重要
There you go. Get me some sage, love.
给你 帮我拿些鼠尾草 亲爱的
Signor Carolli.
卡罗利先生
Leaving already?
这就要走了吗
Buon giorno, Caris, Mattie.
早上好 凯瑞丝 玛蒂
Why are you empty-handed?
你怎么空着手呢
Your aunt has raised prices again.
你姑妈又提价了
If I can't afford them, than neither can anyone else.
如果我买♥♥不起 那别人也买♥♥不起
I'd like to go home with something
我当然想从全国最好的
from the best fleece fair in the country, since it took me
羊毛集市上买♥♥点东西带回家
nearly a lifetime to get across that bridge.
问题是过桥慢得要死
I'm so sorry. I'll talk to Father.
很抱歉 我会跟父亲说的
I'll think twice before returning.
下次我要考虑还来不来
Why don't they widen the bridge?
为什么不把桥拓宽些呢
I think Father is debating it as we speak.
我认为父亲也在纠结这个问题
What's to debate? Hire a builder!
有什么好纠结的 找个建筑师就行了
Andiamo.
走了
Merthin.
梅尔辛
Come with me. Hold on.
跟我来 等一下
No, no, I need you to come with me. Come on!
不能等 你快点跟我来 来啊
What? I'll explain on the way.
怎么了 路上再跟你解释
For the priory. Bless you, sir.
为了修道院 上帝保佑您 先生
This fair brings in more money in one week
这个集市一周的盈利
than we make all year.
比我们一年赚的都多
If we don't widen the bridge, our merchants will go elsewhere.
如果我们不把桥拓宽 商人们就会去别处
That is of no concern to me.
我不管这事
Well, it should be. Why?
你应该管 为什么
The money is for you, not the priory.
挣的钱归你们 又没给修道院
Fine. We'll pay for it.
好吧 我们出钱修
You can't afford to any more than we can.
我们付不起 你们一样付不起
Elfric is the only builder we have, and he'll charge a fortune.
这儿的建筑师只有埃尔弗里克 他漫天要价
You'd complain more if the bridge were closed.
等桥封闭的时候 你可就有的抱怨了
This is getting us nowhere.
这样讨论是没有意义的
剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表