剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表
I understand.
我理解
Not everyone is called to God.
并非所有人都得到上帝的召唤
A hospice for the sick,
一所照料病患的医院
on our land, run by someone outside of our order.
建在我们的土地上 由外人管理
It raises a complex set of questions.
有可能牵扯出一连串麻烦事儿
I will have to think about it.
我要好好考虑一番
I said "What's good for the goose
我说 对母鹅有益处的
is good for the gander."
对公鹅也有益处
He said "There's neither a goose nor a gander.
他说 没什么公鹅母鹅
There's a common duck."
就是一只普通鸭子
And I said "I've got a hole in the head,
我就说 我头上有个洞
I can still see clearer than you."
可还是比你看得清楚
I hope you are enjoying the meal, Sir Roland.
愿您用餐愉快 罗兰爵士
Yes, thank you. It's quite adequate. Oh, I'm so glad.
谢谢你 很丰盛 我很荣幸
After the wedding tomorrow, the monks are to elect a new Prior.
明天的婚礼结束后 修士们就要选副院长了
Yes...
没错
Uh, well, the candidates are Carlus
候选人有卡吕斯
he's blind and set in his ways-
他是个瞎子 而且很顽固
and myself.
另外就是我
I would be so grateful for your support.
如能得到您的支持 我将感激不尽
I thought there was a third candidate also?
好像还有一位候选人吧
No, no. Brother Thomas has withdrawn.
没了 托马斯兄弟退出了
It seems he had a change of heart.
看来他改主意了
And why should I support you?
我为何要支持你
Well, because,
因为
if I may be so bold,
恕我妄言
I wish to return Kingsbridge to its days of glory
我希望王桥恢复昔日的荣光
when Prior Philip ruled.
如同菲利普副院长时期
And how would you do that?
你打算怎么做
By suppressing temptation.
通过禁欲
I'll build a wall
我打算建一堵墙
separating monks from nuns.
把修士和修女隔开
Whores will be hanged, and virgins will have their heads covered.
绞死妓♥女♥ 蒙住处♥女♥的脸
Not all temptation is female.
欲望可不止女人一种
No, but the source of it is:
的确 但是万恶淫为首
Mother Eve.
正如夏娃
All power must reside with men,
权力必须归于男人
and in Kingsbridge with holy men.
在王桥 则归修士
Like you?
比如你
Well...
这...
You're even more obnoxious as an adult
你小的时候就很讨厌
than you were as a child.
长大后过无不及
Carlus may be blind, but he's not a prude.
卡吕斯是瞎了 但至少不假正经
My son the Bishop will
我的主教儿子
ratify no one but him. You hear me, Richard?
只准支持他 听到了吗 理查
Yes, father. Whatever you say.
是 父亲 谨遵您的吩咐
Now if you will excuse me.
我先离席了
It's been a long day
今天事务繁多
and I must still recite my evening prayers.
我还要去做晚祷
Goodnight, brother.
晚安 弟弟
Goodnight, William, Philippa.
晚安 威廉 菲莉帕
Sleep well, Lady Margery.
好好休息 玛杰丽小姐
You have much joy to look forward to.
多的是乐子等您享受呢
On our wedding night.
我们的新婚之夜
To us!
为我们干杯
So, remember: 55 paces down the aisle,
记住 顺着走道前行五十五步
and 3 steps up at the altar.
上三♥级♥台阶到达圣坛
Are you certain you don't want me to guide you tomorrow?
您确定明天不需要我扶您过去
My blindness cannot be seen as a hindrance,
我看不见 可也不能因此碍事
Brother Saul.
扫罗兄弟
Not if I'm to be Prior.
尤其是我即将成为副院长
So, 55 paces to the altar
那么 朝圣坛走五十五步
and then 3 steps up?
还要上三♥级♥台阶
We're nearly there. Oh, good.
快到了 好的
And stop. The first one is the wooden one.
停下 第一级是木头台阶
Up. One... Two... Three.
迈上去 一 二 三
Service. And...
主持婚礼 然后...
Shall we count them on the way back? Right.
数一遍回去的步子吗 好的
Three... Four... Five...
三 四 五
Yes?
什么事
Your Eminence, I have something urgent to tell you.
主教阁下 我有急事相告
Well, can't this wait till morning? I'm in the middle of prayer.
不能明天说吗 我正在做晚祷
I'm afraid it can't.
恐怕不能
I'm here to say that I will be the next Prior.
我来是想说我要担任副院长
Weren't you listening?
你当时没听到吗
My father doesn't approve. Goodnight, Brother.
我父亲不同意 晚安 兄弟
Your father doesn't make the decision.
决定权不在您父亲手上
The monks elect. And you ratify.
修士们选举 由您认可
You will support me, won't you, Bishop?
您应该会支持我吧 主教阁下
After your father's wedding tomorrow.
明天您父亲的婚礼结束之后
Oh, thank you!
谢谢你
What did that blind idiot think he was playing at?
那老瞎子到底在搞什么
He's turned our wedding into a sacrilegious carnival.
我们的婚礼成了亵渎神灵的狂欢节
Calm yourself, dear. How can I calm myself?
冷静点 亲爱的 我怎么冷静
I feel like my head was cracked,
我感觉碎的不是神像的脑袋
not the statue's.
而是我的
Yes, what is it?
怎么了
Brother Carlus took his fall as a sign from God, father.
卡吕斯兄弟认为他摔倒是天意 父亲
He's withdrawn his candidacy for Prior.
他决定不竞选副院长了
Which leaves us with who? Godwyn?
那不是只有戈德温了
I've come to believe, father,
的确如此 父亲
that Godwyn may be our best choice.
戈德温可能是最好的选择了
Godwyn?
戈德温
Christ on the cross.
活见鬼
Those in favour of Brother Godwyn.
同意戈德温兄弟的请举手
I duly declare
我正式宣布
that Brother Godwyn has been elected Prior.
戈德温兄弟当选为副院长
So you've all had a chance to see Elfric's designs.
你们都看了埃尔弗里克的设计
This is Merthin's.
这边是梅尔辛的
Elfric's will cost 295 pounds.
埃尔弗里克的设计造价295镑
Merthin's comes in at 307.
梅尔辛的307镑
But Merthin's is twice as wide, which is what is needed.
可梅尔辛的有两倍宽 正是我们需要的
I thought only Guild members were allowed to speak.
不是只有行会成员才能发言吗
Yeah, who should listen to their wives.
没错 不过他们也得听老婆的
Or their ex-wives.
或者前妻的
I have a question. Both designs have piers
我有个问题 两种设计的桥墩
whose foundations are set in the river.
都建在河里面
How will you build underwater?
你们怎么在水中施工
Simple. Drop rubble into the river
很简单 往河里堆砾石
until the pile is visible above water.
等石堆高于水面时
Build your pier on that.
在石堆上建桥墩
And eventually the river will wash it away.
河水最终会冲垮石堆
I'll build a cofferdam.
我会修围堰
Cofferdam? It's an Italian invention.
围堰 是意大利的发明
Two rings of wooden stakes,
用两圈木桩
one inside the other, driven into the riverbed.
围成同心圆 打进河床
And you pour mortar into the gap between the rings,
在两层圆环中间灌入砂浆
making it watertight.
形成防水层
Then remove the water to expose the riverbed
然后抽出环中河水 露出河床
and build your mortared stone foundation.
即可建浆砌石基
Foreigners telling us how to build?
还要让外国人教我们修桥吗
Whoever he listens to, I'll build it cheaper.
不管他从哪儿学来的 我的造价更便宜
A matter of cost, surely!
是啊 成本很重要
Well, I'll charge for my workers, but not for myself.
我只给工人们发工钱 我不要
Instead, I'll accept a deed to the Leper Island.
只要麻风病人岛的地契就行了
Unless Elfric works for free, he can't beat that.
除非埃尔弗里克白干 否则不可能比我便宜
Elfric? Seems clear to me.
埃尔弗里克 显而易见嘛
I vote for Merthin!
我投给梅尔辛
We'll have to work out a schedule
我们要制定进度表
and a distribution of funds, but uh...
还有资金如何分配 不过...
剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表