剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表
A borough charter would enable Kingsbridge
拥有了自治权
to operate as an independent town.
王桥就可以独♥立♥自主了
Well, then this is cause for celebration!
那我们应该举杯庆祝呀
Sister Elizabeth, bring us the best ale!
伊丽莎白姐妹 把最好的麦芽酒拿来
But you haven't got a charter yet.
但是你们还没拿到自治权
Well, we have hope of one.
我们有机会拿到
We could have your hospice within the year.
我们今年就可以把医院建起来
Assuming you're still here to run it.
前提是你留在这儿管理它
Oh, you're ready?
你准备好了吗
You're not coming.
你不打算走了
We can't let him win.
我们不能让他得逞
There's a chance that I could have my hospice, and you your bridge.
现在有机会修建我的医院 还有你的桥
It's a small chance, but I have to see it through.
虽然希望不大 但我必须努一把力
What's changed?
有什么转机
Father's going to buy a borough charter from the King.
我父亲准备从国王手中买♥♥自治权
It'll free the town from Godwyn
让镇子脱离戈德温的掌控
and give us everything we hoped for.
然后我们就能得到梦想的一切
I'll understand if you say no.
如果你不愿意 我也能理解
You really think you'll be rid of me that easily?
你以为这么轻而易举就能甩掉我吗
Why are you telling me this, Sister...?
你为什么跟我讲这些 修女...
Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth. I'm afraid
伊丽莎白 我担心
that Mother Cecilia has lost her way.
塞西莉亚嬷嬷迷失了方向
She promises a hospice to a woman who has left her husband
她许诺给一个背弃丈夫且有涉黑魔法的女人
and meddles in dark arts.
建一所医院
Mother Cecilia does not see the wantonness
塞西莉亚嬷嬷对于我们看到的
and evil that we see, my Prior...
轻浮与邪恶视而不见 副院长
Consequently, I thought that this conspiracy
因此 我觉得这一阴谋
should not be kept from you.
不该瞒着您
Well, thank you, Sister Elizabeth. You've acted wisely.
谢谢你 伊丽莎白修女 你的行为很明智
If Uncle Edmund buys a borough charter,
如果埃德蒙舅舅买♥♥到了自治权
we will be left powerless.
我们就被架空了
Are you sure it's that simple?
你确定事情就这么简单
Well, are you willing to take the chance? I'm not.
你愿意冒这个风险吗 我可不想
He's leaving for London next week. We must stop him.
他下周就要去伦敦了 我们必须阻止他
How do you propose to do that? Charm him?
你打算怎么做 给他灌迷魂汤
No, I can't get close to the man.
不 我不能靠近他
But you can.
但你可以
What are you suggesting?
你是什么意思
What? Have you forgotten
怎么 你忘了
what you advised me to do in London, mother?
在伦敦怎么教我的吗 母亲
How can you ask this of me?
你怎么能要求我做这种事
He's my brother.
他是我弟弟
This is not the time to be squeamish.
现在不是忸怩的时候
All that we've worked for will be lost.
我们的一切努力都将付诸东流
You said it yourself:
你亲口说过
If Satan provides the enemy and God provides the means,
如果撒旦遣来敌人 上帝便提出应对之道
our duty is clear.
我们的责任再明白不过
Mother, do this for me.
母亲 就当是为了我吧
Besides, I can always absolve you later.
而且 到时候我能赦免你的罪孽
I expect to be in London for a fortnight.
我计划在伦敦逗留半个月
I'm very confident that you will take care of the business.
我相信你能处理好生意上的事儿
If all goes well with the King's chancellor,
如果和国王的大臣谈得顺利
Kingsbridge will change hands,
王桥将会易主
and I can return to proclaim us
然后我就可以回来宣告
a very different town, indeed.
我们的镇子改天换地了
Yes, Godwyn mentioned it.
是的 戈德温提过这件事
Well, I daresay he's not happy about it.
我猜他肯定很不高兴
But it's his own fault, sister.
但错在他自己 姐姐
He runs the town as if he was some sort of prince
他这个副院长是选出来的 却自以为君主
instead of an elected Prior.
什么都由他说了算
He's not very popular, to say the least.
退一步讲 他并不服众
But he is my son, Edmund.
但他是我儿子 埃德蒙
You do realize, I hope, that I am compelled
希望你明白 我也是身不由己
to do anything in my power
必须尽我所能
to secure his position.
保住他的地位
Oh, my sister!
姐姐啊姐姐
Pater Noster,
我们的天父
panem nostrum, cotidianum da nobis hodie.
求祢今天赏给我们日用的食粮
et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
不要让我们陷于诱惑
sedlibera nos a malo,
但救我们免于凶恶
Amen. Amen.
阿门 阿门
Caris!
凯瑞丝
Get off! Get off! Stay, stay, stay, stay.
滚开 滚开 别走 别走
Don't do this to yourself, Caris.
别这样折磨自己 凯瑞丝
Please, please stay.
求你了 别走
Come here.
过来
As you do.
跟你一样
Ralph Fitzgerald and Alan Fernhill,
拉尔夫·菲茨杰拉德和阿兰·弗恩希尔
stand before me.
站到我前面来
On your feet!
快点
Yes, my Lord?
什么事 大人
The Sheriff here has a warrant for your arrest.
郡守拿到了你们的逮捕令
It says that you did both
上面说你们俩
lie with a girl from Wigleigh against her will.
强♥奸♥了一个韦格利村的姑娘
It was hardly against her will, my Lord.
大人 那不算强♥奸♥
Alan will back me up on that.
阿兰可以作证
According to the complaint, she's been examined
诉状里写着 有人发现她
and found to be torn and bruised.
衣不蔽体 浑身淤青
My Lord, I protest we're innocent!
大人 我发誓我们是冤枉的
That will be determined by the trial.
冤不冤由法庭说了算
And what if the girl lies and the judge believes her?
如果那姑娘撒谎 法官又相信她呢
You shall hang.
你便受绞刑
Well, God save us then.
那好 上帝保佑我们
Get off me!
放开我
Get off me! I'm innocent!
放开我 我是冤枉的
Get off me!
放开我
This war should have been long over.
这场战争早就该结束了
We control the sea, why aren't we winning on land?
我们独霸海洋 为何在陆上无法获胜
Majesty, our forces are sadly depleted.
陛下 我们的兵力所剩无几
We must replenish them.
必须补充兵员了
Then replenish them. Call out the peasantry.
那就征兵吧 召集农民参军
The peasants aren't free to join us, Sire.
农民不能随意参军 陛下
And pray why?
这是为何
To pay your taxes. The lords need them to farm their lands.
为了缴税 贵族的田地需要他们耕种
We can't afford to reduce taxes. No, of course not.
我们现在不能减税 当然不行
But if I might suggest,
但请容我建言
there are other sources of recruitment.
还有别的办法可以征兵
Ralph.
拉尔夫
Have you come to collect?
你是来看笑话的吗
I take no pleasure in this.
我并不希望看到你这样
I've come to say goodbye.
我是来向你道别的
I'm innocent.
我是冤枉的
You know that, Merthin.
梅尔辛 你知道的
The bitch lied. She gave herself to me.
那个婊♥子♥撒谎 她自愿投怀送抱
The court found you guilty. It was Roland's court.
法庭判你有罪 罗兰的法庭
He hanged our father, and now he'll hang me.
他绞死了我们的父亲 现在要绞死我
I pray God is merciful.
愿主仁慈
The next two men are guilty
接下来这两个人的罪行
of far greater crimes than these outlaws.
比这些罪犯们严重得多
Their punishment, therefore,
因此 他们要接受
will be even more terrible.
更严酷的惩罚
They will be half hanged,
先受绞刑
and then, still alive, disembowelled.
半死不活的时候再开膛破肚
Because of his once-noble birth,
由于其贵族血统
Ralph Fitzgerald's crime
拉尔夫·菲茨杰拉德
is even worse than that of Alan Fernhill's.
比阿兰·弗恩希尔罪加一等
Men of his standing are obliged to have exemplary behaviour!
像他这种身份的男人 理应以身作则
Now we must make an example out of him!
现在我们倒要以儆效尤了
His execution
他的刑罚
剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表