剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表
so obviously we don't need one.
很显然我们不需要桥
I trust in him and so should you.
我信任上帝 你也应当如此
Come, Brother Theodoric.
走吧 西奥多里克兄弟
What a fool. Blind in more ways than one.
蠢货 不光是瞎 心眼也没长
God help us if he's selected Prior.
若他当选副院长 就自求多福吧
Well, who else is running against him? Well, no one,
他有竞争对手吗 没有
and that's the problem. We really need to find an alternative.
这正是问题所在 我们要找到一个替代者
I can't really take those, so if you...
我真的不能收 如果你...
You must know that you're the best man...
你一定知道自己是最佳人选
The only man suitable for the position of Prior.
唯一适合担任副院长的人
Thank you, Brother Matthias. You flatter me.
谢谢你 马赛厄斯兄弟 过奖了
Well, don't you want to be Prior?
难道你不想做副院长吗
I came here to find peace.
我来这里是为了寻求安宁
I fear that if I stand,
我担心如果成为候选人
and perhaps worse, if I won,
或许更糟 如果我选上了
that that peace might elude me.
安宁便会离我而去
Well, never forget:
请别忘记
for some,
对某些人来说
it is a calling.
这是一种召唤
You said I'd be Prior.
你说过我会当副院长
Brother Carlus is running
卡吕斯兄弟参加了竞选
and all the elder monks will vote for him.
所有年长的修士都会把票投给他
You can't worry about Carlus. He's easily taken care of.
你不用担心卡吕斯 他很容易摆平
Who's running against him?
谁是他的竞选对手
Ah, Brother Thomas announced his candidacy last night.
托马斯兄弟昨晚宣布他参加竞选
Brother Thomas? He's popular with the younger monks,
托马斯兄弟 他很受年轻修士的欢迎
which leaves me without support.
这一来我就更孤立无援了
He arrived here as a knight with an arrow through his arm.
他来的时候是骑士 胳膊还插着一支箭
The man has a history.
这人有来历
Unearth it.
查出来
No less than Queen Isabella sponsored Sir Thomas Langley.
原来托马斯·兰利爵士有伊莎贝拉太后的资助
So?
那又怎样
He was stationed at Berkeley Castle where the King was murdered,
他曾驻守国王被谋杀时所在的伯克利城♥堡♥
and arrived here shortly afterward injured and seeking refuge.
随后不久便身负重伤 到这儿寻求庇护
You think he was involved in the King's death.
你觉得他和国王的死有关
Inquire of him.
问他
Measure his answers.
看他怎么回答
Be careful what you say.
说话当心点
You're insinuating that I am somehow involved.
你这意思是我跟谋杀国王一案有关
No, not at all! Not at all, I'm just...
不是 我不是这意思 我只是...
I'm just pointing out that
我说的只是
since you were stationed at Berkeley Castle,
因为你驻守过伯克利城♥堡♥
where the King was murdered,
那儿是国王被害的地方
it might appear by innuendo that you were somehow embroiled.
可能有谣传你和这件事有什么关系
Of course I wasn't.
当然跟我无关
Of course you weren't.
当然跟你无关
But you understand, naturally,
但你也要理解 很正常嘛
a knight who mysteriously arrives here,
一名骑士神秘兮兮地到这儿来
injured,
负了伤
seeking refuge,
寻求庇护
oh and sponsored by the Queen no less?
竟然还有太后的资助
Some of our fellow monks will want to ask you questions.
有的修士肯定想要问你一些问题
Why? Why now?
为什么 现在才问
Because you are standing for Prior now.
因为你现在要竞选副院长
And once they know of your past,
一旦他们知道你的过去
there's sure to be a simple inquiry.
肯定要稍微过问几句
What?
什么
It's time for your instruction, that's all privacy.
是时候指导你了 就咱俩
Of course.
当然了
No one in this time was in here.
这个时候没人在
Do you think your father suspects?
你觉得你父亲会起疑心吗
That I'm having his fiancée?
怀疑我睡了他的未婚妻吗
I won't tell if you don't.
你不说我就不说
And until the Lord's successor can be appointed,
在新领主继任之前
your inheritance cannot be approved.
你的继承权不受认可
My Dad's dead and I'm his only child.
我爹死了 我是他唯一的孩子
What's to approve? How will you pay workers?
还要认可什么 你拿什么付人家工钱
Thirty acres is more than one man can manage.
一个人管不过来三十亩地
It's not 30 acres! It's only 20 he has to work.
不是三十亩 他只用管二十亩
One third of the land is always kept fallow.
总有三分之一的田地休耕
It is not your business, woman.
不关你的事 女人
An inheritance from father to son? That's everyone's business!
儿子继承父亲的遗产 跟每个人都有关系
She's right, Nate. What do you say to that?
她说得对 内特 你有什么好说的
The new Lord will have the final decision once he's appointed.
新领主一上任就会做出决定的
But that could take months.
那要几个月的时间
I'll miss ploughing and sowing by then.
到那时我就错过耕地播种了
If you can prove that you can farm the land
如果你在新领主上任前
before the new Lord takes office,
证明你能耕种那片土地
that should work in your favour.
那你或许能如愿
Next!
下一个
Who the hell is she?
那女人是谁
I met her at the Fair.
是我在集市上遇到的
Gwenda?
格温达
Thanks. That's alright.
谢谢 别客气
You deserve it. Get someone to help you plough
这是应该的 找人帮你耕地
and you'll finish in no time.
很快就可以耕完
Wulfric!
伍尔夫里克
Morning.
早上好
You're wasting your time, Gwenda.
你这是浪费自个儿的时间 格温达
You're wasting yours.
是你浪费时间
Where's your oxen?
你的牛呢
I don't have any.
我没有牛
Then you'll have to do.
那只能你来犁地了
I can't pay you, Gwenda.
我付不起钱 格温达
I've got no money.
我身无分文
You'll find another way to pay me. Come on.
那就想别的办法还情 干活吧
Come on!
快呀
Where's your home? Don't have one.
你家住哪儿 我没有家
Why not?
怎么回事
My father was a mercenary in the Queen's army
我父亲是太后雇来的佣兵
so we moved around.
所以我们到处跑
I would like to have a home someday.
我希望今后能有一个家
And all that goes with it.
家里该有的都有
Who was that girl I saw you with?
和你在一起的姑娘是谁
Annet.
安妮特
We're to marry come autumn.
我们打算秋天结婚
Then why isn't she here to help?
那她怎么不来帮忙
Annet in the fields?
让安妮特劳作 得了吧
Doesn't she love you?
她不爱你吗
Yeah, of course she does.
不 她当然爱我
Do you love her?
你爱她吗
Of course I love her.
我当然爱她
Good.
真好
I'm glad for you, Wulfric.
我为你高兴 伍尔夫里克
Kingsbridge needs an inn dedicated exclusively
王桥需要一座专门照料病患的栈房♥
to nursing the sick. A hospice.
一所医院
I've never heard of such a thing.
我还是头一回听说这种东西
With the bridge collapse,
桥梁垮塌一事
it made me realize how much we need one here.
让我意识到建立医院的重要性
God willing we never have a catastrophe like that again.
愿上帝保佑这类惨剧不再发生
No, but pilgrims will always come here to be cured.
没错 但朝圣者随时可以来治病疗伤
Imagine if they could find care
想想吧 他们受到照料
as well as miracles.
也会视其为神迹
And you'd build it here?
你想建在这儿吗
The convent owns this land, doesn't it?
这块地是女修道院的 对吧
Who would run it?
由谁来管理呢
I would. With your blessing, of course, Mother.
我啊 当然如果您同意的话 嬷嬷
As one of us.
作为教会的人
Well, no, as a laywoman.
不是 作为女信徒
I've decided to take over Mattie's work.
我决定了要接过玛蒂的工作
剧集 | 无尽世界(2012) | 导航列表