剧集 | 托勒密·格雷最后的日子(2022) | 导航列表
from neighbors, friends,
商户老板 他们都是 格雷先生住所附近的人
from business owners from around Mr. Grey's neighborhood.
无一例外 他们都说 格雷先生显示出的迹象
They all say, without exception, that Mr. Grey was showing signs
即法律上所认为的神志不清
of what the law understands as non compos mentis
至少从六年前开始就是如此了
for at least the last six years.
这比巴内特女士认识他要早得多
A time well before Ms. Barnet ever met him.
格雷先生的家人 对他进行了方方面面的照顾
Mr. Grey's family has taken comprehensive care of all of his needs.
巴内特女士知道他的事的唯一原因
The only reason Ms. Barnet ever became aware of him
是希尔达布朗请她去照顾了他一次
is because Hilda Brown asked her to look after him once.
是的
That's right.
托勒密格雷的遗产应该留给他的家人
Whatever Ptolemy Grey leaves to this world should go to his family
和真正在乎他的人
and to the people who actually care about him.
而不是留给某个年轻女子
Not to some young woman
她显然是在占糊涂老人的便宜
who obviously took advantage of a confused old man.
阿布罗莫维茨先生 你对马尔曼先生的说法怎么看
Mr. Abromovitz, what do you say about Mr. Malman's claims?
托勒密告诉过我 说他的家人可能会对遗嘱提出异议
Ptolemy told me his family might dispute the will
正是基于这几条理由
using just these arguments.
我建议他去找安杰拉林来否认
I suggested he go see Angela Liem in order to rebuff any notion
任何有关他头脑不清楚的说法
that he was mentally challenged in any way.
我有三个红苹果 两个橙子
I have three red apples, two oranges,
还有一串香肠 从市场上买♥♥来的
and a sausage link I bought at the market.
我小时候
Oh, well, when I was a kid,
一串香肠和自♥制♥的苹果酱会令我非常开心
a sausage link and some homemade applesauce would have made my day.
我有几个苹果
How many apples do I have?
我要对着你还是对着镜头说
is I'm talking to you or to the camera?
对着我说就好
To me is great.
你说你有三个 我想我只能相信你
Well, you said you had three, so I guess I got to believe you.
今天的日期是
What is today's date?
今天是2021年4月21日
Today's date is April 21, 2021.
是我妹妹朱恩生日的三天后
That's three days after my sister June's birthday.
妮茜 你记得吗
You remember that, Niecie?
你的全名是什么
What is your full name?
我的名字是托勒密罗伯特格雷
My name is Ptolemy Roberts Grey.
托勒密这名字来自一位希腊籍的埃及国王 他也是埃及艳后的父亲
Ptolemy, after a Greek king of Egypt who was also Cleopatra's father.
罗伯特是我母亲婚前的姓 她娘家的姓
Roberts, which was my mother's maiden name, her family name.
格雷是我父亲的名字 我从来没见过他
And Grey after my father, who I never had a chance to meet.
格雷先生 你知道今天为何在这里吗
Do you know why we're here today, Mr. Grey?
知道 为了立下有法律效力的遗嘱
Yeah, in order for me to make a binding will,
我必须证明自己的头脑正常 思维清晰
I have to prove that I'm in my right mind, of sound mind.
你知道摄像机正在录制这次对话吗
You are aware of the video camera recording our conversation?
知道 这是我第一次录视频
Yeah, this is my first time being on video camera.
我小时候在密西西比
When I was a child in Mississippi,
普通的相机都很少有人拥有
precious few people even had a regular camera.
那么你同意我用这种方法来证明
So, it's all right with you that I use this method to prove
你目前没有任何头脑方面的问题吗
that you are not experiencing any mental difficulties at this time?
同意 女士
Oh, yes, ma'am.
所以你想设立一个信托基金 -是的
So, you wanna make a trust? -Yes, I do.
我想让罗宾巴内特当我的受托人
And I want to make Robyn Barnet my trustee.
并不是说她会拥有我的全部遗产
I mean, not that she'll own everything,
而是由她来决定如何处理
but that she'll be the one to say what happen to it.
你认为你的家人不应拥有你的遗产吗
And do you feel that your family does not deserve what you leave behind?
不是那样的
No, it ain't like that.
他们基本上都是好人
I mean, they good people, for the most part.
但我只是想让罗宾负责每个月的发钱工作
But I just want Robyn to be the one in charge of the money on a month-to-month
并确保雷吉的孩子们想上大学时
and to make sure that the money is there for Reggie's kids
有钱可用
when they wanna go to college
也许会用一小笔钱给 希里亚德设立囚犯信托基金
and to probably put a little money on...on Hilliard's books
等他将来进监狱后用
when he eventually go to prison.
格雷先生 那你为什么 想让巴内特女士来负责
And why do you want Ms. Barnet to be in charge, Mr. Grey?
罗宾是那种到哪里都会负责的人
Robyn the kinda person gotta be in charge of where she at.
她每天会确保所有人都好好的才会去睡觉
You know, she make sure everybody's okay before she go to sleep at night.
她有天生的组织能力
You know, order just come natural to her.
她不会浪费 也不轻浮
And, you know, she ain't wasteful or frivolous.
我能 和她说句私人的话吗
Can I...Can I say something personal to her?
请讲
Go ahead.
罗宾 我想告诉你
Robyn, I want you to know
因为你的为人和你的所作所为
that because of who you are and the things that you've done,
我知道把科伊的遗产 交给你来保管 他会很高兴的
I know that Coy would be glad that I'm leaving his legacy in your hands.
你拯救了我
You saved me.
你帮助我信守了诺言
You helped me keep my promise.
我想告诉你 认识你之前的 那些日子都毫无意义
And I want you to know that all them years before you, they mean nothing.
我爱你 小鸟
I love you, Bird.
显然 我们保留调查所有文件的权利
Well, obviously, we reserve the right to investigate all documents
并让我们的专家来评估这份 证据
and to have our experts evaluate this...this evidence.
但目前还有其他问题需要处理
But there are other issues at hand here.
比如
Such as?
比如这个女人的年龄
Such as the age of this woman.
她是个十几岁的少女 -我18岁了
She's a teenage girl. -I'm 18 years old.
正是十几岁的少女 仅有高中同等学历
A teenage girl, with barely an equivalency high school degree,
顺便一提 她还曾用 致命武器袭击过我的客户
who, by the way, assaulted my clients with a deadly weapon.
反对 没有证据表明 巴内特女士曾袭击任何人
Objection. There is no evidence that Ms. Barnet has ever attacked anyone.
没有警方报告 没有911报♥警♥电♥话♥
No police report, no 911 call...
有人看到她用一把椅子 在街上追打一位妇女
She was seen chasing a woman down the street, beating her with a chair.
道听途说
Hearsay.
她从未去疗养院探望过格雷先生
She never went to see Mr. Grey in the sanatorium.
那是因为他们
That's because they...
因为格雷先生的亲属得到了临时监管权
Because Mr. Grey's blood family was given temporary conservatorship,
他们禁止巴内特女士探视他
and they banned Ms. Barnet from even visiting him.
长达六个月 -还有这位律师
For six months. -And then there's this lawyer.
他掌控格雷先生的信托基金
He has held the purse strings
超过了半年之久
to Mr. Grey's trust for over half a year.
并和巴内特女士密切合作 几乎什么都没有给原告
Working in close contact with Ms. Barnet, he has given the plaintiffs almost nothing
拒绝公布基金分配时间表
and refuses to release a schedule of distribution.
这是格雷先生的意愿
That is as Mr. Grey wished it.
这是你说的 -马尔曼 你是说我在骗人
Oh, so you say. -Are you calling me a liar, Malman?
拜托 得了吧 -先生们 请坐下
Oh, please. Come on now. -Gentlemen, please, sit down.
听着 法官大人 我只是说此案不是什么新鲜事了
Look, all I'm saying, Your Honor, is that this is an age-old case
年轻女子勾引年长男子 就是为了贪图他的钱财
of a young woman seducing an older man for his money.
你攻击她 攻击我
You're going after her. You're going after me.
先生们 坐下
Gentlemen, sit down!
请坐下
Please, sit down.
否则我算你们藐视法庭
Or I will have you both held in contempt.
午餐时间到了
It's time for lunch.
我们休息一下 2点30分继续
Let's take a recess and reconvene at 2:30.
巴内特女士 你能留下来谈几句吗
Ms. Barnet. Do you mind staying for a bit to talk?
你是否威胁过希尔达和她的儿子
Did you threaten Hilda and her son?
你这是在给我下圈套
You're trying to trick me.
不 我只是想弄明白 -弄明白什么
No. I'm just trying to understand. -Understand what?
这整个案件都很奇怪
This whole case is odd.
老年痴呆症暂时消失
Dementia that momentarily disappears,
一位没受过正式教育的老人 拥有几十亿美元财产
an old man with billions of dollars and no formal education.
格雷老爹念完了三年级
Well, Papa Grey finished the third grade,
接下来一生中都在读书 所以
and then he read books for the rest of his life, so...
那你呢
What about you?
你的父亲在街上被人射杀 你的母亲是一位妓♥女♥
Your father shot down in the streets and your mother a prostitute.
曾经有一位白人男子 他以前会给我母亲钱
You know, there was this...this white man who used to pay my mother,
有一天我母亲不在家时他到家里来了
and he came over to the house one day when she was out.
他试图撕掉我的衣服 我拿出了一把匕♥首♥
He tried to rip off my clothes. I pull out a knife.
他割伤了我这里之后 我用一盏灯打中了他的头
He cut me here before I could lay a lamp upside his head.
我捅了他八刀
I stabbed him eight times.
算这个白人走运 他没死
And it was only a white man's luck that he didn't die.
但我母亲看到我时脸上充满了惊恐
But my mother's face when she saw me,
她镇定了下来 亲手给我缝合了伤口
she pulled it together, she sewed me up herself.
她尽力而为了
She did what she could.
我不在乎我母亲是什么人 她爱我
I don't care what my mother was. She loved me.
格雷先生似乎也是
So did Mr. Grey, it seems.
我从来没认识过像他这样的人
I've never known anybody like him.
他为了做正确的事等待了一生时间 而他差点就失败了
He waited his whole life to do right, and he made it by a hair.
他谋杀了阿尔弗雷德古洛 -是 阿尔弗雷德活该
He murdered Alfred Gulla. -Yeah, well, Alfred deserved it.
也许你该让你的律师在场
Maybe you should have your lawyer present.
为什么
剧集 | 托勒密·格雷最后的日子(2022) | 导航列表