剧集 | 托勒密·格雷最后的日子(2022) | 导航列表
你在做什么
What you doing?
我想看看儿时在密西西比州认识的人 我还能想起多少来
Trying to see how many folk I remember from when I was a boy down in Mississippi.
已经有227个了
I'm up to 227.
你认识的人可真多啊
You knew a lot of people, huh?
大多数是我亲戚
Most of these are my kinfolk.
我大概能再填满六页
I figure I can probably fill out about six more of these.
时隔多年再次想起这些名字是什么感受
What it feel like remembering all that after so long?
感觉就像站在世界最高的山巅
Like I'm standing on the tallest mountain in the world
同时在自掘坟墓
and laying down in my grave at the same time.
你要不要回到尘世 和我们一起出去
Well, would you like to come on back down to Earth and go with us?
去哪 -去餐厅 感谢比利
Where to? -To the diner to thank Billy.
你来请他吃午餐
You buying him lunch.
我真走运
Lucky me.
我记得索恩叔叔讲了个笑话 捂着胸口倒了下去
I remember Uncle Thorne told a joke, grabbed his chest, keeled over.
死透了
Dead as a doornail.
我记得 我妈妈把一条白裙子染成黑色 穿去参加葬礼
I remember, my mama wore a white dress she dyed black to the funeral.
天啊 这个药叫什么
What's this medicine called, man?
我有个姑妈 她不记得自己老公的相貌
I mean, I have an auntie can't remember her husband's face.
这药还没有名字呢
Well, it ain't got no name or nothing yet.
但我得告诉你 这是恶魔的药物
But I'll tell you, it is the devil's brew,
你得愿意出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂才能使用
and you got to be willing to sell your soul if you take it.
记住 恶魔是会找上门来的
Remember, the devil come knocking,
你最好给它开门 否则它会把你家烧掉
you better answer, or he'll burn your house down.
你的话很有深意 舅公
You deep, uncle.
你从哪里找的这位恶魔医生
Where'd you all find this devil doctor?
记得你在电视侧面发现的那张字条吗
You know that note you found stuck to the TV?
那是雷吉约的 -就在他死之前
Reggie made the appointment. -Right before he died.
请别介意
Don't let me disturb you.
抱歉 女士 我没点额外的餐
Sorry, ma'am. I didn't order more.
我叫索妮亚 我一眼就看出你胃口很好
Name is Sonia. And I could look at you and tell you got a good appetite.
这份是免费赠送的
It's on the house.
瞧瞧你 脸红了
Look at you, blushing.
脸红了 而且你很黑 -别闹了
Blushing and you're Black. -Stop, man.
我本来要说
I mean, I was gonna say that...
我知道雷吉一直想让你好起来
I know getting you better was always on Reggie's mind.
雷吉还想些什么
What else was on Reggie's mind?
老婆和孩子 他很爱他们
Wife and kids. He really loved them.
不担心会有人想杀死他们
Wasn't worried about nobody trying to kill him?
没事的 舅公
Wasn't nothin' goin' on, Uncle.
他不是死于意外
He ain't die by accident.
罗宾说得对 先生
Robyn's right, sir.
我是说 雷吉是个好人 大好人
I mean, Reggie was a good man. The best.
只是遇到了不幸而已
It's just one of those bad things that happened.
没有特别的原因
For no good reason.
这事很糟糕 但有时人生就是这样
It's messed up, but that's just how it is sometimes.
你上班的时候
When you was at work,
比利弗雷尔斯和她一起过来 把所有东西都搬上了车
Billy Freres come with her and loaded everything in his car.
看吧 她可能搬去和格雷舅公住了
See, she probably moved in with Uncle Grey
这样她就能控制他的退休支票
so she could get her hands on his retirement checks.
我不相信
I have a hard time believing
她那么好的姑娘会做这种事
that a good girl like her would do something like that.
好姑娘会睡觉时在枕头下面放把刀
A good girl that sleep with a knife under her pillow?
得了吧
Come on.
你说皮托老爹从市政♥府♥领多少钱
How much you say Pitypapa get from the city?
三张支票 近300美元
Three checks, almost $300.
他是个疯子 把钱全浪费了
And he's so crazy, he just throw it away.
他家附近的人都说他有满满一箱子钱
People in his neighborhood talking about he got a whole box full of money
就在那堆破烂里的某处
somewhere in all that mess.
你真的认为他已经痴呆到那个地步
You really think he that far gone?
你见过他 妈妈
You've seen him, Mama.
他说话几乎没人能听懂
When he talk, you can hardly understand him.
还会看到根本不存在的人
And he see people that ain't there.
罗宾说她会住他家 而不是像我要求的那样只是照顾他
Robyn said she was gonna stay with him? Not just help him out like I asked.
她会跟他住在那个肮脏的公♥寓♥
She was gonna live right there with him in that foul apartment?
她是这么说的
That what she say.
我跟你说 妈妈 她是为了他的钱
I'm tellin' you, Mama. She after his money.
你得让市政♥府♥调查一下 明白吗
You need to get the city to look into this, know what I'm saying?
也许是时候让他住进养老院了
Like, maybe it's time to put him in a facility or something, you know?
这是为了他好
For his own good.
他们只需要看看他的居住条件
All they gotta do is see how he living
就会立刻让他离开那里
and they gonna pull him out of there in a minute.
相信我
Trust me.
我开过运冰的卡车 在邮局当过清洁工
I drove a ice truck, worked as a janitor down at the post office.
还做过许多其他工作
Had a bunch of other jobs.
我因为妹妹朱恩来到了乔治亚州 她说她的孩子需要有家人在身边
I come to Georgia 'cause my sister, June, said her children need family near.
听着 在朱恩那一侧的街上
Now, on June's side of the street,
住着琼斯一家
there was the Joneses,
佩蒂一家 乔治和马里恩怀特
the Pettys, George and Marion White,
还有巴尼罗杰斯
and... Bunny Rogers.
巴尼 是个女人
Bunny? That's a woman?
不 天啊 巴尼是个男人
No, no, no, Lord. Bunny Rogers was a man.
巴尼罗杰斯杀死了汤米博顿斯 -什么
Bunny Rogers killed Tommy Bottoms... -What?
没进监狱 没受审判
...did not do a minute, did not stand trial.
天啊
Wow.
我现在记得真清楚啊
I can see it all so clear now.
我什么都记得 除了想不起来
I can see everything except that one thing...
我把科伊狗的宝贝放在了哪里
where I put Coydog's treasure.
别担心 会想起来的
Don't worry. It'll come.
在那之前 你可以做点有关新女朋友的白日梦
And until then, you can think sweet thoughts about your new girlfriend.
雪莉是好人
Shirley's nice.
但她不是那种让你梦想的女人
But she ain't the kind of girl you dream on.
至于森希
Now, Sensia...
和森希在一起的时光 是我这一生中最快乐的
I ain't never been happier anyplace than I was with Sensia.
你该睡了 舅公
You should lay down now, Uncle.
森希是我见过最美的女人
Sensia the most beautiful woman I ever beheld.
好了 这些想法很好
That's it. Nice thoughts.
森希值得我为她献出生命
Sensia worth giving up my life for.
睡个好觉
Sleep tight.
(1976年 亚特兰大)
我去去就回
I'll be right back.
嗨 你刚才是在跑步吗
Hey. Was that you I saw running?
我叔叔科伊狗
My uncle Coydog...
科伊狗算什么名字啊
What kind of name is Coydog?
他其实不是我亲叔叔 我只是这么叫他
Well, he's not really my uncle, that's just what I called him.
但科伊狗确实是他的名字 因为
But Coydog was his name, 'cause, well,
我只听过别人用这个名字喊他
that's the only name I ever heard anybody ever call him.
所以呢
Well?
不是你叔叔的科伊狗 和你跑步有什么关系
What does your not-uncle Coydog have to do with you running?
科伊狗说过
Coydog said,
"每个黑人男子的一生中 总有一天必须要跑
"There will come a time in every Black man's life when he's gonna have to run.
所以如果你不练习
So, if you don't practice,
当那一天到来时 你可能无法达到所需的速度"
when that time comes, you may not be able to reach the required speed."
听起来是个智者
Sounds like a smart man.
没错
He was.
你在读什么书
What you reading?
(《列车上的陌生人》 帕特里夏海史密斯著)
爱情故事
Love story?
讲的是两个彼此不认识的男子
Well, it's about two men that don't know each other
想要杀人
who wanna kill people.
杀不同的人
Different people.
但他们知道如果亲自去干会惹上麻烦
But they know if they did it theyself they would get in trouble.
于是他们交换了受害人
So they swap. You know, victims.
我不喜欢凶杀故事
Well, I don't like murder stories.
我觉得太血腥暴♥力♥了
Too much blood and violence for me.
读什么不重要 只要在阅读就好
It don't matter what you read, just as long as you read something.
科伊狗 科伊狗他 -明白
Coydog...Coydog... -Uh-huh.
总是说
...always said,
"黑人能做的最好的事 就是学会读书和独♥立♥思考"
"The best thing a Black man can do is know how to read and think for himself."
我想我会喜欢你叔叔的
I think I would have liked your uncle.
他一定会喜欢你的
He sure enough would have liked you.
为什么这么说
And why you say that?
剧集 | 托勒密·格雷最后的日子(2022) | 导航列表