剧集 | 头号外交官(2023) | 导航列表
But if I'd had an opportunity to actually, I don't know, speak--
我们两个都在场,她是不会让步
She was never gonna budge with both of us there,
就像妳走进门时说的
as you said when we walked through the door.
她一直在找机会斥责我脱欧的事
She looked for an opportunity to tut-tut me about Brexit.
-一对一的时候,她会答应的 -太好了
She'll say yes when it's one-on-one. - Great.
你可以在今晚的活动上 把她拉到一旁,做个了结
You can pull her aside at the event tonight, wrap it up.
不是我,是妳
Not me, you.
我打断妳
I interrupted you.
然后对妳恼羞成怒地摇头
And then gave you a chiding shake of the head.
让女人很生气
Makes women furious.
她也注意到了
She clocked it too.
妳永远不必提
You never have to mention it,
但妳会因为共同的恼怒而 建立起不可言喻的连结
but you'll have an unspoken bond built around your shared irritation.
对抗我这个共同目标
With me.
我们去吃点东西吧
Let's get some food.
你不觉得这样有点简化了吗?
You don't think it's a little simplistic?
我...怎样?
I-- What?
我就走进去,翻白眼说:“男人”
I'm gonna walk in there and roll my eyes and say, "Men."
然后她会说:“我知道,天啊”
And then she's gonna be like, "I know, mon dieu."
-妳这样一说... -不然我该怎麽说?
When you put it like that-- - How should I put it?
美国在欧盟已经没有发言权了
Like the U.S. has no voice in the EU anymore.
我们曾经是,然后脱欧了
We were that, then we Brexited
这是现代史上最严重的自残伤口之一
in one of the great self-inflicted wounds of modern history.
现在妳没有内部耳、眼或传声筒
And now you have no inside ear or eye or mouthpiece.
在欧盟?
At the EU?
对
Yeah.
你不是传声筒
You weren't a mouthpiece.
我们不在时没人这样形容?
Nobody described it that way in our absence?
也许有吧
Well, maybe.
我们不再是妳的这种窗口
We're no longer that window for you.
进入欧洲
Into Europe.
法国可以是
France could be.
我没有发明轮子
I'm not inventing the wheel.
雷本几天前在演讲中提过
Rayburn mentioned it in a speech a few days ago.
对
Yeah.
所以他们不是在为我们做事
So it's not them doing something for us,
而是在为他们的 新隐名合伙人,也就是妳做事
it's them doing something for their new silent partner, you.
说吧
Go ahead.
什麽?
What?
我在等待大量异议涌现
I'm waiting for the deluge of withering dissent.
不,我认为你是对的 也就是说我同意你的看法
No. I think you're right. Which is me agreeing with you.
所以,反对是迅速且大声的
So... objection is rapid-fire and loud
而同意最好在沉默中传达
while approval is best conveyed in silence.
我在吃东西
I was eating.
妳不吃东西也能做
You do it without food.
我知道妳何时同意 因为妳一言不发地走开
I know when you agree because you walk away without saying a word.
我没有
I do not.
我有
I do.
太可怕了
It's terrible.
这很可爱
It's endearing.
一旦妳知道发生了什麽事
Once you know what's going on.
在那之前,可能很难理解
Before that, it can be hard to follow.
你当过幕僚吗?
Were you ever staff?
我知道答桉
I know the answer.
我在网路上看过你的报导,你不是
I read about you on the Internet. You weren't.
我想也是
I suppose not.
你从高高在上的领导职位 变成更高高在上的领导职位
You went from big leadership position to bigger leadership position.
幕僚学会说话很快
Staff learns to talk fast,
把複杂性降低成 连上厕所都背得起来的句子
reduce complexity into a phrase someone can memorize while they're peeing.
太棒了,我会记住的
That is beautiful. I will always remember it.
是真的,没人想听简报 你得追着他们进厕所
It's true. Nobody wants to be briefed. You gotta chase them into the toilet.
尤其是跟女人舌头被割掉有关
Especially if it's about women getting their tongues cut out.
真扫兴
It's a buzzkill.
抱歉,哈尔打来
Sorry, it's Hal.
接吧
Go ahead.
嘿
Hey.
怎麽样?
How did it go?
一如预期
As expected.
我们今晚会再约她一次
We're gonna take another crack at her tonight at the thing.
演说进行得如何?
How did the speech go?
很好
Oh, fine.
一反常态地谦虚
Uncharacteristically modest.
不,妳说得对,很顺利
No, you're right. It went great.
我...有个保守党的议员
I-- There was this Tory MP.
事后来找我,他急着找我谈
He came up to me after. He was desperate to talk.
-今晚我要跟他喝一杯 -谁?
I'm gonna meet him for a drink tonight. - Who?
梅里特葛洛夫?
Um, Merritt Grove?
葛雷夫?葛洛夫?
Grave? Grove?
你要跟他见面?
And you're meeting him?
-他说有急事 -哈尔,天啊
He said it was urgent. - Hal, Jesus.
他想跟妳谈,但妳不在
He wanted to talk to you, but you're not here.
如果他要求跟我谈话 不是因为他想要怀勒的观点
If he's asking to talk to me, it's not 'cause he wants a Wyler's perspective.
他要找美国总统代表
He wants a representative of the president of the United States.
请深呼吸,我告诉过他了 我就是这麽说的
Take a breath, please. I told him. I said exactly that.
我说:“听着,我没有跟任何人上♥床♥ 我是花瓶老婆”
I said, "Look, I'm not fucking anyone. I'm a trophy wife."
我提议让他跟比莉讲电♥话♥
I offered to put him on the phone with Billie,
-但他不想要 -告诉我你没有
but he didn't want that. - Tell me you didn't.
我没有,他不想跟她说话
I didn't. He didn't wanna talk to her.
告诉我你没有为了 在派对上拍你马屁的人
Tell me you didn't offer to call the White House chief of staff
打电♥话♥给白宫幕僚长
for somebody who sucked up to you at a party.
-凯特 -你要在比莉阿帕亚面前
Kate. - How many ways are you gonna find to
-用多少方式摇屁♥股♥? -我说过两次了,我要再说一次
wag your ass in front of Billie Appiah? - I told you twice and I'll say it again,
他不想跟比莉阿帕亚说话
he did not wish to speak to Billie Appiah.
你在追逐国务卿的职位
You're chasing secretary of state.
什麽?
What?
你叫我烧死他
You told me to burn him.
你叫我搞垮该死的国务卿
You told me to take down the fucking secretary of state.
就是这原因?
This is why?
-因为你想当国务卿? -天啊
Because you wanna be secretary of state? - Jesus Christ.
要我当副总统,让你有事做
Me as vice president was something to keep you busy
直到你找到更好的工作?
until you found a better job?
-真是痴心妄想 -听我说
This is delusional. - Listen to me.
-你不能见他,懂吗? -不懂
You will not meet him. Understand? - No.
我不懂,因为那会让我看起来 像个该死的笨蛋
I don't because that'd make me look like a fucking tool.
-他叫什麽名字?那傢伙? -梅里特葛洛夫
What was his name? The guy? - Merritt Grove.
我办公室会打给他,取消你们的会面
My office will call him and cancel your meeting.
你不能打给他 你谁都不能打,听到了吗?
You will not call him. You'll call no one. You hear me?
-妳知道吗,凯特?
You know what, Kate?
-谁都不能打
No one.
现在我们是好朋友了
Ah. Now we're chums.
-要聊天吗? -好吧
Calling for a chin wag? - Okay.
妳没事吧?
You all right?
梅里特葛洛夫是谁?
Who's Merritt Grove?
他是国会议员
He's an MP.
保守党,妳会形容 他是没同情心的保守派
Tory. You'd describe him as a compassionless conservative.
我们只说他老而已
We just call him old.
妳跟他共事过吗?
Did you work with him? - Glancingly.
-就那麽一会儿而已 -好
Okay. - Are you ill?
-妳生病了吗? -没有
No. Hal met him at an event and tried to put him in touch with the White House.
哈尔在一场活动上认识他 想帮他跟白宫牵线
他想跟总统说话?
He wanted to speak with the president?
我不知道,他想立刻找人谈
I don't know what he wanted. He wanted to talk to someone right away
哈尔提供了白宫幕僚长
and Hal offered the White House chief of staff,
显然连葛洛夫先生都知道,那很荒谬
which, apparently, even Mr. Grove knew was absurd.
然后哈尔提供了哈尔
So then Hal offered Hal.
我这几天还见不到他,我在巴黎
I can't meet with him for a couple of days. I'm in Paris.
葛洛夫的事总是很紧急 他有点歇斯底里
Things with Grove are always urgent. He's a bit of an hysteric.
我能把他推掉 或是派别人跟他谈一谈吗?
Can I push him off or send someone to talk to him?
当然,派代表过去
Of course. Delegate.
-我不会造成无法弭补的过错吧? -不会
I'm not burning a bridge? - No.
祝妳跟高卢人一路顺风
Godspeed with the Gauls.
剧集 | 头号外交官(2023) | 导航列表