剧集 | 头号外交官(2023) | 导航列表
这是一张脆弱的人际关係网
It is a flimsy web of relationships.
但有时它撑得住
But sometimes it holds.
别破坏它
Do not tear it.
别当贪得无厌的美国人
Do not be an infinitely ravenous American.
用他已经给妳的东西
Use what he already gave you.
丹尼?
Danny?
帮我接史都华海佛 我们能让总统离开森林吗?
Get me Stuart Hayford. Can we get the president out of the woods?
-告诉兰利,我们得採取其他方法 -好
Tell Langley to go at it another way. - Okay.
我需要喝一杯
I need a drink.
-真感人 -什麽?
That was moving. - What?
蜘蛛网
A spiderweb.
当情况变得事关人类生存时 的确是需要几张
You gotta have a couple of those in your pocket when things get existential.
对
Yeah.
我们在等人
We're waiting for someone.
-我们要这麽做吗? -或许吧
We doing this? - Maybe.
我派妳来这裡陪他
I sent you here to be with him.
原因很多,但他在打量妳
For a lot of reasons, but he's checking you out.
真诡异
That's creepy.
五位美国总统都是英国的前任大使
Five U.S. presidents were formerly ambassadors to this country.
这裡是学习的好地方 妳会在竞选活动中崩溃
It's the right place to learn. You'd melt on a campaign trail.
妳会当着捐款人的面说他们腐♥败♥
You'd call your donors corrupt to their faces.
但根本没有竞选活动
But there's no campaign.
想像如果妳的...坦白
Imagine if your... frankness
其实是优点
were actually a plus,
如果妳唯一的目标 是让总统持续走在正轨上
if your only goal was to keep the president relentlessly on track.
总统需要有人阻止他 在他需要武器交易时
The president needs someone to stop him
from rambling about chicken tariffs
大谈鸡肉关税
when he needs an arms deal.
副总统在椭圆办公室待的时间 比没有办公桌的人还多
The VP spends more time in the Oval than anyone who doesn't have a desk there.
-每次开会都最先到,最后离开 -各位...
First in, last out of every meeting. - Guys...
-妳想知道妳为什麽在名单上吗? -因为我有子♥宫♥
You wanna know why you're on the list? - Uh, I have a uterus.
那不是唯一的原因
That's not-- Not the only reason.
妳花了七年打造一张选票
You spent seven years building a ticket
让一个老人可以将棒子 交给一个可以选出的女人
where an elderly guy could hand the baton to an electable woman
为我们带来第一位女总统
and deliver us the first female president.
现在妳要一个没有投票纪录 没有包袱,没有意见的人
Now you want someone with no voting record, no baggage, no opinions.
把我洗乾淨,让我穿上洋装 希望我永远不会说话
Clean me up, put me in a dress, and hope I never speak.
对,我是有计画
Yeah. I had a plan.
结果一败涂地
Turned to shit.
但以篮板球来说 你不需要在竞选中存活下来
But as far as rebounds go, you don't have to survive a campaign.
我们空降妳上任,也许妳会一炮而红
We air-drop you in to govern, maybe you catch fire.
她认为妳会做得很好
She thinks you'd be good at the job.
我打给九个人说 “如果现在就是世界末日
I called nine people and said, "If it looks like the apocalypse is now,
你第一个雇用的是谁?”
who's your first hire?"
五个人说是妳
Five said you.
妳在黎巴嫩做的事
What you did in Lebanon.
我不该知道妳在巴格达做的事
What I'm not supposed to know you did in Baghdad.
可以做成很棒的海报 “伊♥拉♥克♥,可能会更糟”
Makes a great poster. "Iraq. Could have been worse."
没有竞选活动
No campaign.
没有海报
No posters.
我们会让妳主导外交政策
We'd put you in the lead on foreign policy.
妳负责中东,可以跟俄♥罗♥斯♥
You get the Middle East. You can deal with Russia without freaking out.
打交道,不会惊慌失措
You know cobalt is the only thing
接下来的25年,我们只会谈论钴蓝
we're really gonna be talking about for the next 25 years.
妳是为了国家,不是为了权力
You'd be doing it for the country, not the power.
如果我想过
If I'd thought about it,
我早就会这麽计画
I'd have planned it this way. - Mm-hm.
真的,其实很尴尬,我从来没想过
Really. It's almost embarrassing. Never even occurred to me.
选个工作能干的人 而不是很会面试的人?
Pick someone good at the job, not the interview?
这对男人不好,但对女人呢?我靠
I mean, it's bad for the guys, but for the women? Fuck me.
她漂亮但不会太漂亮吗? 有魅力但不辣?
Is she pretty but not too pretty? Appealing but not hot?
有自信但不泼辣?果断但不泼辣?
Confident but not bitchy? Decisive but not bitchy?
可爱泼辣,但不“泼辣”泼辣
Cute bitchy, but not "bitchy" bitchy.
我们得达成协议
We had to come to an agreement
副总统要穿几天丁字裤
about how many days a week the VP would wear a thong.
她不喜欢 她的团队不喜欢内♥裤♥线条
She doesn't like them. Her team doesn't like panty lines.
我几週的生命
Weeks of my life.
然后达成协议对,对 她七天内有两天
And then an agreement. Yes, she will wear ass-floss,
会穿丁字裤 但每週的日子不能存着以后用
but only two days out of seven, and days cannot be banked week to week.
妳能想像因为有能力好就聘请一个
Can you imagine hiring someone for a key governing position
担任要职的人吗?
just because you think they'd be good at it?
什麽都别说,她真的在考虑
Don't say anything. She's actually thinking about it.
是吗?
Are you? - Shh.
是吗?
Are you?
这是进步
That's progress.
慢慢来,哈尔和我谈话时 听起来很荒谬
Give it time. When Hal and I first spoke, it sounded ridiculous,
但一个月后,感觉挺聪明的
but a month later... it seems kind of brilliant.
夫人,他在找妳
Ma'am, he's asking for you.
一个月?
A month?
那个...
Listen-- Let--
让我告诉妳...
Let me just tell you how--
凯特...
Kate. Kate.
凯特...
Kate. Katie.
凯特,停下来
Kate, stop.
我要去散步
I'm going for a walk.
-我可以去吗? -我不认为那是个好主意
Can I come? - I don't think that's a good idea.
-比莉打电♥话♥给我时... -她一个月前打给你
When Billie called me-- - She called you a month ago.
对,当时只是说说而已
Yeah, and at that point, it was talk, that's all.
她想要建议,葛蕾丝潘恩的事...
She wanted advice, the Grace Penn thing--
-副总统 -对
The vice president. - Yeah.
你应该叫她副总统
You should call her the vice president.
副总统和她丈夫的问题
The issue with the vice president and her husband,
还有失踪的6百万国家卫生院补助金 刚刚浮出檯面
and the $6 million NIH grant that went missing had just surfaced.
所以比莉打给妳
So Billie called you.
对,以法庭之友的身分
Uh, yeah. As a friend of the-- Friend of the court.
当时,她希望副总统留下来
At that point, she wanted the VP to stay.
她尝试了损害控制的想法
She was just trying out ideas for damage control.
所以副总统可能被取代的想法 并没有出现
So the notion that the vice president might be replaced didn't come up.
我们讨论了几个名字
We tossed around a couple names.
包括我的?
Including mine?
-还有谁,你妈? -名字不多,凯特
Who else, your mom? - There aren't a lot of names, Katie.
他们需要一个女人,一个清白的人
I mean, they need a woman. They need someone clean.
艾比夏特金太老了 史黛拉又是个大嘴巴
Abby Shotkin's too old. Stella can't keep her mouth shut.
他答应第♥一♥夫♥人♥不会选瑞秋毕尔
He promised the first lady he wouldn't pick Rachel Beer,
因为他大学时上了瑞秋比尔
'cause he fucked Rachel Beer in college,
他告诉他老婆她不是他这辈子 最好的床伴,瑞秋毕尔才是
and he told his wife she wasn't the best lay of his life, Rachel Beer was.
如果他选了萝莉戴维斯 我们就会失去众议院
And if he picks Laurie Davis, we lose the House.
好,那时,有人说...
Okay, so at that point, someone says...
妳
You.
谁说我?
Who says me?
我、比莉,我不记得了 那不是计画,我们只是随口说说
Uh, me, Billie, I can't remember. It wasn't a plan. We were spitballing.
妳当时正要去喀布尔 还没准备好上妳的黄金时期
You were on your way to Kabul. You weren't ready for prime time.
那不切实际
It wasn't realistic.
绝对不是
Definitely not.
-但现在...? -伦敦事件发生后
But now...? - Well, once the London thing happened,
比较像是她可以花六个月时间 有更多的公众形象?
it was like, maybe she could spend six months in a more public post,
适应一下,习惯镁光灯
get your sea legs, get used to the spotlight, you know.
所以那时你打给比莉
So at that point, you called Billie.
-比莉打给我 -跟夏辛一样?
Billie called me. - Like Shahin did?
-凯特,比莉打给我 -你有没有想过
Katie, Billie called me. - Was there a point at which you thought
我应该加入这场对话?
I should come into this conversation?
妳会怎麽说?不,我是认真的
What would you have said? I'm serious.
一个月前,妳去喀布尔的路上
One month ago, on your way to Kabul,
我会跟妳聊这个聊到一半吗?
would I have got halfway through the sentence trying to pitch this to you?
公平,说得很公平
Fair. That is a fair point.
-所以伦敦的事发生了 -对,但无所谓
So the London thing happens. - Yeah. And it didn't matter.
这地方一团糟 还好妳来了
This place is a shit show. VP or no, it's good you're here.
我们想...
We figured, you know...
-你们想什麽? -这个...
What? What did you figure? - Well...
听着,我一直想找适当时机告诉妳
Listen, I was trying to find the right time to tell you.
然后
剧集 | 头号外交官(2023) | 导航列表