剧集 | 大门奖(2023) | 导航列表
因为我看见一个恶兆
Because I saw the writing on the wall.
因为我看见镇上居民都非常相信
Because I saw the people of this town placing greater trust
这座机台的预测
in the prognostications of this machine
更甚于我这个跛脚老镇长
than in their hobbled old mayor,
我不怪你们
and I don't blame you.
其实我很嫉妒你们
In fact, I envy you.
你们不问这座机台从何而来,就相信了它
You believe in this machine without questioning where it came from,
也相信我们的“幻术大♥师♥”强森先生
or even Mr. Johnson, our "master illusionist,"
他说机台神奇地出现在店裡时 自己并不在场
when he claims he wasn't there when it magically appeared in his store.
你们没有抱持冷酷的怀疑态度
You don't have the coldhearted skepticism
要求提供安全证明或任何证据
to ask about security tapes or any kind of proof.
伊琪,妳知道我的监视器没接线
Izzy, you know my cameras weren't hooked up.
为什麽... -没错
Why-- - That's right.
但你说雅各当时在店裡
But you did say Jacob was there.
幸好雅各把这座机台摸得一清二楚
And luckily Jacob knows all kinds of things about the machine.
他之前跟我说 指纹和社会安全码全是骗人的
He was telling me that the fingerprints and the Socials are all a scam.
你是不是这麽说?
Is that what you said?
不,等等,好,我当时不是要...
No, wait, okay, that's not what I was trying to--
而且雅各能从机台弄到空白卡
And Jacob can get blank cards from the machine,
所以他很好心地给了我一张
since he so kindly provided me with one.
好,我没有给妳,我是给翠娜
Okay, I didn't give it to you. I gave it to Trina.
我是说,我知道那是要给妳的
I mean, I kn-- I knew it was f-- I knew it was for you.
我没有直接交给妳,但我...
I didn't directly hand it to you, but I--
雅各,不是你的错
It's not your fault, Jacob.
我不要任何人指责雅各或卡珊
I don't want anyone pointing fingers at Jacob or Cass.
为什麽会有人指责卡珊?
Why would anyone blame Cass?
因为她製作假卡片
Oh. For making the fake card.
干
Oh, fuck.
我绝不会把卡珊拖下水
I never would have dragged Cass into this,
但只有她有设备
except she's the only one with the equipment
能做出以假乱真的卡片,你们看
to make convincing fakes, see?
妳想说什麽?我只替妳做一张假的而已
What are you trying to say? I only made you one fake card.
干嘛倒抽一口气?这是她亲口说的
Don't gasp! She just told you that.
亲爱的,卡珊,我在替妳辩解
Cass, I'm defending you, honey.
好,我能向在场的各位保证 卡珊没做更多张卡
Now, I can assure everyone here that Cass hasn't made any more of these,
而且我也相信她的确真的
and I for one believe her card,
抽到那张写着她是贵族的卡
which happens to say she's royalty, is real.
所以我不要你们去质疑潜力基金
So I won't have any one of you questioning the Potential Fund
或是她可能从摩尔弗相关商品 赚取的其他利润
or any other profits she may have incurred from MORPHO-related merchandise.
毕竟也不是只有卡珊从这东西赚到钱
After all, Cass isn't the only one making money off of this thing.
我知道打从摩尔弗机台出现 玛莎和萝丝的生意就翻了四倍
I know Martha and Rose quadrupled business since the arrival of the MORPHO,
像伊果森教练那种人 就动了歪脑筋,去那裡搞外遇
with people like Coach Eagleson inspired to have affairs there.
她还要建护城河
She's even put in a moat.
各位,我们实际点
Oh, let's be real, people.
如果卡珊有做其他假卡片
If Cass were making any other fake cards,
她肯定会替自己的老公做一张更好的
she certainly would have made a better one for her own husband.
她会给他一张更像样的卡 我也不晓得,比方说超级巨星吧
She would've given him something more like, I don't know, Superstar.
好,伊琪,够了
All right. Izzy, that's enough.
没错,各位,真的够了
It is. It's enough, people.
难道你们看不出来这只是
Can't you see this was simply
女儿为妈妈做出的牺牲吗?
an act of sacrifice from a daughter for her mother,
她是为了让我假装自己曾经有潜力
so that I could pretend I once had potential,
但我实际上却是...
when in reality, I was--
卡珊,妳是怎麽说的?
How'd you put it, Cass?
“不过是个伴舞舞者
"A glorified backup dancer,
生涯最高的成就
whose life's greatest achievement was
是‘摇摆舞三号♥’ 在一齣百老汇烂音乐剧中演出”
playing Swing Number Three in a shitty Broadway musical."
好,别听她的话
Okay, do not listen to this woman.
她什麽事都谎话连篇
She lies about everything.
她只想要一切回到原本的样子
She just wants things to go back to the way they were,
好让她再度掌权,但是...
so that she can have power again. But--
但我们不能那麽做 我们不能回到过去,不行,抱歉
But we can't do that. We can't go back. We can't, we can't. I'm sorry.
不,因为那座机台
No, it's, uh, the machine.
摩尔弗机台是有意义的,对不对?
The MORPHO machine means something, doesn't it?
我现在懂了
I mean, I can see that now.
我不知道代表什麽意思 但是有意义,所以...
I don't know what it means, but it means something. So...
在我们还没想明白时,不能让伊琪...
While we all figure it out, we cannot allow Izzy--
使我们分心...可恶
to distract us-- Shit.
(改编自M.O.沃许小说)
剧集 | 大门奖(2023) | 导航列表