剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
Well, then I appeal to your generosity...
和公平竞争的意识
..And your sense of fair play.
-他把你赶出来了 -我在他开口前走了
- He threw you out? - I left before he could.
我都能告诉你不该逼他
I could've told you not to press him.
你知道他不喜欢受人摆布
You know he dislikes to be manoeuvred.
你是操纵他的专家吗
And you're the expert on how to direct him?
我难道没成功说服他跟法尔茅斯和好吗
Did I not persuade him to make friends with Falmouth?
或许下次该让你去跟他谈
Perhaps you should negotiate with him next time.
还会有下次吗
Will there be a next time?
首相怎么说的
What was it the Prime Minister said?
照顾你能照顾的人
See for those you can?
我们就要这么做
Then that's what we must do.
罗斯 你对我们很慷慨
Well, now, Ross, you've been generous with us,
我们也要送你份礼物
so we've a little gift in return.
你没事吧
You all right?
是的 你可以再试一次
Yes, you may well venture again,
我猜 她不会反感的
and, I've suspicion, be kindly received.
但你不该再跟莫文娜试一次吗
But would 'ee not venture one last time with Morwenna?
你丈夫回来了 你不高兴吗
Are you not glad to have your husband home?
他在伦敦表现得很好
In London he's exemplary,
尽管面对种种诱惑和挑逗
despite profuse temptation and provocation!
你不信我吗
You don't believe me?
信 但伦敦好远
Yes, only London's so far away and...
我们一年大部分时候都要分开
..We're much of the year apart.
有时我想 或许罗斯更喜欢这样
Sometimes I wonder, do Ross prefer it that way?
他在伦敦 我在康沃尔
He in London, I in Cornwall.
这距离让他
Do the distance leave him...
不受妨碍 是这么说的吗
..Unencumbered - is that the word?
那就跟他一起去伦敦
Then go to London with him.
他没要我去过 他也不会提的
He haven't asked me, nor will he.
他喜欢我留下处理他的事务
He likes me here to tend to his affairs.
就好像我们在一起并肩工作
It's as if we're in harness and work alongside each other
只是相隔了三百英里
but 300 miles apart!
尽管乔治不遗余力地欺压穷♥人♥
In spite of George's efforts to grind poor folk down,
但新医院还真是不错 是吧
the new infirmary's a grand thing, is it not?
会有积极影响的
It'll make a difference.
我见到乔治时还得恭喜他
I must congratulate George when I see him.
罗斯 别 为了我 离他远远的
Ross, do not! For my sake, go not even near him.
听你的
As you wish.
欢迎大家前来参加庆典
May I welcome you one and all to our ceremony of dedication?
语言难以描述
It is beyond the power of language to describe
更痛苦的凄凉惨景
a more afflicting scene of human misery
而这样的情景经常在
as so often presents itself
不幸的穷♥人♥身上上演
in the wretched hand of some indigent creature...
他们憔悴无力
..Who lies, languishing...
只能任由疾病摆布
..On the hard and greasy pallet of sickness...
苟延残喘着
..Dragging out his wearisome life,
要么慢慢地
either wasted by slow and...
被间或的高烧 要么被彻骨的痛耗尽生命
..Intermittent fevers or racked by excruciating pains.
振作点 莫文娜
Compose yourself, Morwenna.
你可是惠特沃思家的人
You are a Whitworth!
为了安抚 帮助 慰藉
It is for the comfort, succour, solace
拯救这些不幸的人
and salvation of such wretched creatures
我们这些更高尚 更善良的人
that we, of nobler impulse and finer feelings,
联合力量
have united
出于慷慨
in our generosity,
和同情
our compassion...
叛徒回来了
The renegade returns.
却来不及救他的爱犬
Too late to save his spaniel.
今天 新康沃尔总院
..And have today thrown open the doors
将正式开门营业
of the new Cornwall General Infirmary.
信念 希望和慈善
For now abideth faith, hope...
常存
..And charity.
但最伟大的
But the greatest of them all...
是慈善
..Is charity.
慈善
Charity?
为什么不是希望
Why not hope?
这些善良
All these benevolent,
好心的人都乐意施以援手
well-meaning folk keen to alleviate distress,
但有多少人愿去防止困境的产生
but how many people care about preventing it?
不仅仅是给穷♥人♥钱
Not just to give money to the poor,
而是制♥造♥条件
but create conditions
让穷♥人♥能自己挣钱
in which the poor can earn money for themselves.
这念头很荒唐吗
Is that a ludicrous notion?
你误会了他们的初衷 我的朋友
You mistake the impulse, my friend.
人们施舍是因为这能安抚他们的良心
People give because it soothes their conscience
还能提升他们的名声
and bolsters their reputation.
这里没几个人真想让穷♥人♥过上好日子
Few here are interested in genuine empowerment for the poor.
手段真高 乔治
Well played, George!
利用我的亲戚来搞垮我的银行
Use my cousin to bring down my bank
-害我失去存款 -厉害
- and lose me my savings. - Masterful.
上尉
Captain.
不是个好兆头
Bad sign.
巴塞特不会有好消息跟我说的
Basset has no good news for me.
你早就知道可能性不大
You always knew it was unlikely.
我
I...
帕斯科先生 很遗憾您的银行倒闭了
Mr Pascoe, I was sorry to hear of your bank's demise.
我这下要找谁听取投资建议啊
Where must I go now for investment advice?
去巴塞特-罗杰斯公♥司♥
To Basset, Rogers & Co,
我很有幸
where I've been so fortunate
在那里找到份出纳长的工作
as to secure a position as Chief Clerk.
你是又回到了议会吗 先生
Do I hear you've returned to Parliament, sir?
我代表圣迈克尔选区
I represent the borough of St Michael.
-以谁的名义 -我自己
- In whose name? - My own.
我是问代表谁的利益 法尔茅斯 还是巴塞特
I meant, in whose interest? Falmouth's? Basset's?
我现在不需要赞助人了 先生
I need no patron now, sir.
那个选区是我的
I own the borough.
你呢 波达克上尉
And you, Captain Poldark.
你觉得威斯敏斯特怎么样
How have you found Westminster?
我觉得我有所长进
I think I've learned a little.
有时也觉得无聊
Yawned a little.
我本以为自己能发挥作用 但现在不好说了
I thought I was of use and then I...thought again.
你觉得那里腐♥败♥吗
Do you find it corrupt?
哪里不腐♥败♥
What is not?
除了政♥治♥
Is there much to choose
还有多少其他权力形式可供选择
in between politics and other forms of power?
威斯敏斯特有一切 最高和最低的理念
Westminster has everything - the highest ideals to the lowest.
就跟这小镇一样
Just the same as this town.
-怎么说 -罗斯
- In what regard? - Ross...
比方说 刚发生的银行倒闭
Take, for instance, the bank failure which occurred.
是因为银行的浪费造成的吗 不是
Was it caused by improvidence on the bank's part? No.
而是腐♥败♥的力量以腐♥败♥的方式由外引发的
It was induced from outside by corrupt power, corruptly deployed.
我之前不在 不知道大家都知道的事
I have been away and have not the benefit of common knowledge.
你是说谁
To whom do you refer?
如果你不知道
If you do not know these names,
那随便去问镇上的商人
ask any of the traders of this town.
任何人都能告诉你
Anyone will tell you.
当然 除非他们担心自己也会
Unless, of course, they're afraid that lying,
被写进抹黑的匿名信里 到处传开
anonymous letters will be circulated about them too.
罗斯 这有点小题大做了吧
Ross, this seems rather like a storm in a teacup.
想为完全正常的
Trying to find scapegoats
生意失败找替罪羊
for a perfectly normal business failure.
我赞赏你对朋友的忠诚
I applaud your loyalty to a friend,
但你总是如此
but as is often the case with you,
因此而看不清事实
it has blinded you to the facts.
-走吧 罗斯 -事实就是
- Come away, Ross. - And the facts are these.
哈瑞斯·帕斯科是个老糊涂 纵容纳特·皮尔斯
Harris Pascoe was a foolish old man who allowed Nat Pearce
侵吞了大笔交托给了他的资金
to embezzle large sums of money that were entrusted to his care.
-你撒谎 -罗斯 够了
- You lie! - Ross, enough.
走吧 走吧
Come away. Come away.
-真是过分 -我会让你被逐出议会的
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表