剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
律师 议员 准男爵 康沃尔郡长
lawyer, MP, Baronet, High Sheriff of Cornwall.
我一定要跟他跳支舞
I must make a point of dancing with him.
你生来就是做这个的 亲爱的
This is what you were born for, my dear.
阿德利一眼就看出来了
Adderley spotted it at once.
等我们地位高升了 他向我保证会的
And when our elevation comes, as he assures me it will,
我们的孩子们会坐享其成
it is our children who will benefit.
我们似乎是全康沃尔唯一
It seems we're the only folk in Cornwall
没有派对可去参加的人
without a party to go to.
德怀特和卡罗琳也去了特伦威兹
Dwight and Caroline are at Trenwith.
萨姆和德雷克去了海滩
And Sam and Drake are at the beach.
就是钓个鱼 罗斯 大家都去的
It's only line fishing, Ross. Everyone goes.
没人等着受邀 你以前就不
No-one waits to be invited. You never did.
那是你的海滩 罗斯 你可以去的
It's your beach, Ross. You could just go.
你乖乖的
You be good.
好孩子
My sweet boy!
请别说我长大了好多
Please do not tell me how much I've grown.
我怎么会呢
As if I would!
你在想什么呢 恩尼斯医生
What can you be thinking, Dr Enys?
怎么逃脱这里 回到我们讨厌的后代身边
How to make your escape and return to our odious offspring?
差不多吧
Something along those lines.
那你得先跟我跳支舞
Well, not before you've danced with me.
我的学校简直是地狱 但我已经习惯了
My school is a hellhole, but I'm used to it now.
第一年时 我的老师出了名的爱打屁♥股♥
In the first year, my tutor was a noted flog-bottomist
我痛苦死了
so I was in agonies.
但今年 我摆脱了他 可以自己抽烟了
But this year, I'm rid of him and shall have my own fag.
看来还培养了对酒的嗜好
And have acquired a taste for liquor, I see.
你继父对此不会赞同的
Of which I note your stepfather disapproves.
亲爱的先生 容我介绍克里斯托弗·霍金斯爵士
My dear sir, may I introduce Sir Christopher Hawkins?
德雷克 快走
Drake, get out!
罗斯上尉
Cap'n Ross!
伊拉根来的克洛克家人要把索利打死了
The Crockers from Illogan are beating the life out of Tholly
-就因为克洛克寡妇 -谁
- on account of the widow Crocker... - Who?
索利跟她上了床 可她并不是个寡妇
..Who Tholly did bed. It turns out she ain't no widow.
克洛克先生和他兄弟可不怎么高兴
Mr Crocker's none too pleased, nor his brothers,
-我要去绍尔求助 -没时间了
- so I'm going to Sawle for help. - No time!
上周的晚宴上 你的名字被提及了
At dinner last week, your name was mentioned.
因为什么事
In what context?
你祖父在黑尔的铁厂做工
That your grandfather worked a forge in Hayle
一文不名
and had not a penny to his name.
但他的孙子 靠勤勉和好运
But that his grandson, by industry and good luck,
却积攒了二十万英镑的财富
had amassed a fortune of £200,000.
有一点并不准确
In one particular, that is incorrect.
我祖父的铁厂是在圣戴尔
My grandfather's forge was in St Day.
就我所知 你想购买♥♥一个区
As I understand it, you wish to acquire a borough.
你知道哪个区吗
Do you know of any?
我自己就有三个
I, myself, have three.
其中一个 圣迈克尔区有不止一个议员
And one of them, the borough of St Michael, boasts not one MP...
而是两个
..But two.
索利
Tholly!
索利
Tholly!
罗斯上尉 他还有气吗 我分辨不出
Cap'n Ross, is he breathing? Is he? I can't tell.
是你吗 上尉 来打伊拉根的猛汉了
Is it thee, Cap'n, come to fight Illogan's finest?
还有谁会那么蠢
Who else would be stupid enough?
我觉得 这可似曾相识 罗斯
Though I believe we've been here before, Ross.
是啊
I believe we have.
看来伊拉根的人就是不吸取教训呢
Looks like they Illogan folk'll never learn.
他是个白♥痴♥ 通奸者 这是他自找的
He's an idiot and a fornicator and he brought this on himself.
他是个白♥痴♥
He is an idiot,
但也还是我的朋友
but still my friend.
我们也都是 罗斯
So all of us, Ross, so all.
来来来
Get up, get up, get up, get up.
我该去再找个
'Tis time for I to seek oblivion
姑娘的怀抱忘乎所以了
in the arms of some fresher wench.
没有什么比与死亡擦肩而过
There's nothing like a dice with death
更能让人想要好好活着了
to sharpen a man's appetite for the living.
你今晚会想好好睡一觉的
You'll be glad of thy bed tonight.
奇怪的是 我觉得好清醒
Strangely, I feel wide awake.
或许你该去大宅子喝一杯睡前酒
Maybe you should call at the great house for a nightcap.
晚上好 伊丽莎白
Good evening, Elizabeth.
罗斯
Ross!
-你擅闯了 -也不算吧
- You're trespassing. - Not entirely.
这毕竟还是波达克家的房♥子
This is, after all, a Poldark house.
作为在世的最年长的波达克
And as the senior Poldark left alive...
我想看看你们举办了怎样的派对
..I have a fancy to see what sort of party you're giving.
但如果乔治看到了你
But if George should see you...
他才不会想在他的高贵客人面前闹起来呢
Oh, he wouldn't risk a scandal in front of all his fine guests.
虽然我也从不想跟人起冲突
Not that I seek confrontation... ever.
-我出来呼吸空气的 -杰弗里·查尔斯也在吗
- I came out for a breath of air. - Is Geoffrey Charles here?
是的 但今晚别跟他说话
Yes, but do not speak to him tonight.
我在伦敦经常能见他
I see enough of him in London.
我知道 那让他很开心
I know. It pleases him greatly.
但他好世故 罗斯 那么年轻就那么贪图享乐
But he's so worldly-wise, Ross, so blase for one so young.
长大就好了
He'll grow out of it.
弗兰西斯像他这么大时也是如此
Francis was no different at that age.
你觉得他像弗兰西斯吗
You think him like Francis?
在好的方面 是的
In the better ways, yes.
那瓦伦丁呢
And Valentine?
他挺好的
He's well.
乔治呢 他的怀疑呢
And George? His suspicions?
都打消了
Gone.
除非有原因 他不会再起疑了
And will only return if he has cause,
而你今晚来就算是原因
such as your coming here tonight.
夫人 这位先生打扰你了吗
Madam, is this gentleman annoying you?
-没有 -你为什么会那么想
- No, not at all. - Why would you suppose it likely?
我尚不认识你呢 先生
I have not the honour of your acquaintance, sir.
我的姻亲 罗斯·波达克上尉
My cousin, Captain Ross Poldark.
这位是蒙克·阿德利上尉
Captain Monk Adderley.
为您效劳 先生
Your servant, sir.
我承认 我看到你跟沃勒根太太说话时
I confess, when I saw you talking to Mrs Warleggan,
还以为你是个衣衫褴褛的游吟诗人
I took you for a threadbare troubadour
没拿到赏钱就被打发走了
who'd been dismissed without a tip.
我唱歌♥不好听 对施舍更是不客气
I sing ill and accept tips with even less grace.
而我的准则是 永远接受女士的提议
Whereas I, on principle, always accept what ladies have to offer.
-我们回♥派♥对上吧 -稍等
- Shall we return to the party? - One moment.
我对波达克这名字有印象
The name Poldark rings a bell.
-你不是个议员吗 -新晋的
- Are you not in the House? - A new member.
-我不记得在那里见过你 -是不大可能
- I don't recollect to see you there. - Nor is it likely.
我不怎么出席
I seldom attend.
-晚安了 伊丽莎白 -晚安 罗斯
- Goodnight, Elizabeth. - Goodnight, Ross.
失陪
Excuse me.
亲爱的 圣迈克尔区只等我开口就是我的了
My dear, the borough of St Michael is mine for the asking.
-或者说 只等我买♥♥了 -那太好了
- Or, should I say, the purchasing. - That's pleasing news.
更好的是 那里有两位议员
And more pleasing still, is that it has two sitting members.
当然 我得说服其中一人退出
Of course, I'll need to induce one of them to stand down
但我最终的目标是控制两个席位
but my ultimate aim is to control both seats
因为 如果有两个席位可供政♥府♥差遣
because, with two seats to put at the government's disposal...
你就有资格索要回报了
You would be in a position to ask for favours in return.
-那你就会 -非常有权力了
- And that would make you... - Very powerful indeed.
你抓到什么了吗
Did you catch anything?
冷得要死
Death of cold
和比我想的要多的动粗
and more rough-and-tumble than I'd bargained for.
但是的 那正如我所期望的
But, yes, it was as I hoped.
然后我们去了酒馆 喝了酒
Then we went to the inn and we drank.
-然后你就回家了 -然后我就回家了
- And then you came home. - And then I came home...
-还去了趟特伦威兹 -你没有吧
- ..By way of Trenwith. - You didn't!
-当然我没进去 -但光是靠近那里也是...
- Naturally, I didn't go in. - But to even go near!
为什么呢 刺♥激♥乔治吗
And to what end? To provoke George?
不是 就是一时兴起
No, it was an impulse...
想再看看那里
..To see the place again.
还有伊丽莎白吗
And Elizabeth?
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表