剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
Come to try your luck, sir?
你会不顾后果吗
Do you have a reckless streak?
用我自己的钱才会
Only with my own money.
-恩尼斯医生 -绍伟先生
- Dr Enys? - Oh, Mr Solway,
你的姐♥妹♥们♥得了疟疾
your sisters have the ague.
没什么好担心的 不过她们在休息
It's nothing to be concerned about but they are resting
-最好不要去打扰 -谢谢你 先生
- and should not be disturbed. - I thank you, sir.
我明天来看望她们
I'll visit them tomorrow.
庄家赢
The house wins.
我就是赢不了 我该退出吗
I really am quite hopeless. Should I quit the field?
你玩得这么尽兴 退出似乎有些遗憾
Well, that seems a pity when it affords you such pleasure.
有趣的建议
Interesting advice.
毫无私心
Entirely disinterested.
我没什么好失去的 就什么都得不到
Having nothing to lose, I have nothing to gain.
自己毫不吃亏 却把别人搞得一无所有
How often we see those with nothing to lose
这样的人还不够多吗
assisting others to lose all they have.
停止下注
No more wagers.
该死 先生
Damn it, sir,
你要全额偿还我 或者让我满意
you will pay me in full or give me satisfaction!
我说得很清楚了吧 波达克
Do I make myself clear, Poldark?
他们两人在招惹你吗
Are these gentlemen annoying you?
你是哪根葱
Who the devil are you?
有意思的招数
Interesting manoeuvre.
我劝你两瓶波尔图葡萄酒下肚后别这么做
Not one I'd recommend after two bottles of port.
我们好像还不认识
I don't believe we've been introduced.
尊贵的贾斯珀·英克利夫
The Honourable Jasper Inchcliffe.
我是博灵顿子爵
And I am Viscount Bollington.
我在威斯敏斯特
Oh, I have the honour of being acquainted
有幸结识了你们的父亲
with both your fathers at Westminster.
那么 怎样处理此事才能皆大欢喜呢
So, how may we resolve this to everyone's satisfaction?
各位玩家 请抓住机会
Players, take your chances, please.
希望这个能够补偿你的辛苦
I hope this will recompense you for your trouble.
一点也不辛苦 先生
No trouble at all, sir.
其实 我就因为这个才来这里工作
Truth be told, it's why I work here.
总有些先生给钱
There's always some gent
要我替他们的亲属收拾残局
paying me to swab up after their relations.
要是不干这个 我就入不敷出了
Were it not for that, I'd never make ends meet.
我的样子很糟糕吗
Do I look dreadful?
晚安
Goodnight.
-罗斯 -幸运的误会
- Ross? - Fortunate misunderstanding.
幸运
Fortunate?
被打的是我 不是杰弗里·查尔斯
In that I was the target, not Geoffrey Charles.
-他在哪 -回学校了
- Where is he? - Returned to Harrow.
他已经吸取了教训
Lesson learnt.
你确定他在赌博吗
Are you quite sure he was gambling?
我亲自偿还的债务
I myself discharged the debt.
我必须把钱还给你
I must repay you.
为我侄子 这是我应该做的
It's the least I can do for my nephew.
罗斯 你认为
Ross, do you suppose...
这会成为习惯吗 他是否像
Will this become a habit? Is he like...
像他父亲一样
Like his father?
我倒希望如此
I hope so.
你很难找到比他更真诚慷慨的人了
For a truer, more generous heart would be hard to find.
我要写信斥责他
I shall write and reprimand him.
不 千万别
No, do not.
如果他知道我告诉了你 他就不再信任我了
If he thinks I've informed on him, he will no longer trust me.
-如果我能看着他 -这该是乔治的责任
- If I can keep an eye on him... - That role should fall to George.
我们都知道他不愿意承担
We both know he would not want it.
杰弗里·查尔斯也不会愿意
Nor would Geoffrey Charles.
我很感激 罗斯
I'm obliged to you, Ross.
我也同意
And I agree,
杰弗里·查尔斯不需要知道我们的会面
Geoffrey Charles does not need to be told of our meeting
乔治也不需要
any more than George does.
那就这么说定了
Then the subject is closed.
我亲爱的德梅尔扎
My dearest Demelza,
想到你令我感到安慰 也坚定了我
thoughts of you console me and bolster my resolve
与议会难题抗衡的决心
against the challenges of the House
在这里我鲜有盟友
where I find I have few allies.
我心中有个计划
I have a scheme in mind
但不知是否能受到拥护
but doubt it will be well received.
与此同时 食物短缺的问题依在继续
Yet, all the while, the food shortages continue.
我亲爱的罗斯
My dearest Ross...
我们这边的情况没有好转
..Our fortunes here are yet to improve.
热病夺去了绍尔三个孩子的生命
In Sawle, the fever carried off three young Nanfans.
由于他们挨饿而身体虚弱 德怀特束手无策
Dwight could do nothing for they were weak with starvation.
纯真生命的逝去 让我更加想念
The loss of innocent lives makes me feel more keenly...
我们自己的女儿
our own loss...
和远在伦敦的你
..And the distance between us.
你看上去心不在焉
You seem very far away.
你在想什么
Where are you?
纳帕拉庄园
Nampara,
思念我的女儿
thinking of my daughter.
-亲爱的克劳文丝吗 -不 不是
- Dear Clowance? - No, no.
茱莉娅
Julia.
真抱歉 我无意打扰
Oh, forgive me. I have no wish to intrude.
我说过她是如何在我怀中死去的吗
Did I tell you how she died in my arms?
我看着她
How I watched her...
咽下最后一口气
..Take her last breath?
我无法想象她怎么会就这样死去
I could not conceive how the life could go out of her...
就在前一天
..When the day before I'd...
她还在我面前跳舞
..Danced her on my knee.
我们被教导要坚强
We are taught to be strong.
不暴露软弱 但是
To betray no weakness, but...
那天晚上我明白了假装坚强就是软弱
..That night I learned to be strong IS weakness.
人不该回避伤痛
Pain should not be avoided.
你必须哭出来
Tears must fall.
今天我要去看望纳特·皮尔斯
I shall visit Nat Pearce today.
他苟延残喘的生命力真惊人
Extraordinary how he lingers on.
同样惊人的是你在我们的行房♥中
Extraordinary too that you find not the smallest pleasure
没有一丝快意
in our congress.
太令人困惑了
Quite... baffling.
愿上帝赐福于你
God's blessing be upon you.
你驾鹤西去时会需要它的
You'll need them where you're going.
然而
Yet...
我必须感谢你迟迟不死
..I must thank you for lingering on.
我要去与年轻热情的小姨子幽会时
My visits here have provided the perfect cover for me
这里为我提供了绝佳的借口
to service my ardent young sister-in-law.
当然 我现在终于让我妻子
Of course, now that I've prevailed upon my wife
恢复了她的义务
to resume her duties,
我将不再需要与她私会
I'll no longer require those services.
所以今天将是我最后一次来看你们两个
So today will be the last time I visit either of you.
我可以高兴地说
And may I cheerfully say,
魔鬼会把你们两个都带走
the devil take you both.
还有你 先生
And you, sir.
我一直在想
I've been thinking on this.
假设你是一个侍者 工资微薄
Suppose you're a waiter, you earn a pittance,
但是有了像我这样的人所给的小额赏钱
but with my small gratuity and that of others like me
你在某种程度上实现了收支平衡
you go some way towards making ends meet.
-所以呢 -然后就能免于进贫民院了
- Yes. - Thus saving yourself from the Poor House.
然后呢
And?
然后国家就能不用掏更多的钱
Thus saving the state from having to pay out even more
去资助一个人人憎恨的机构
to fund an institution which everyone hates.
-换句话说... -帮助工人们继续工作
- In other words... - Help the workers to keep working...
通过帮助他们吃饱
By helping them to eat.
牧师 我有没有提到
Oh, Vicar, did I mention,
-房♥顶开始漏了 -那好啊
- the roof has begun to leak. - Good to know.
也就难怪亚瑟近来那么低落
It must be why Arthur's been laid so low,
整周都在床上颤抖哭泣
shivering and weeping in his bed all week.
-但是修理费好贵 -你可要怎么办啊
- But repairs are so expensive. - However will you manage?
-我还希望... -活在希望中的人是有福的
- Well, I was hoping... - Blessed are they who live in hope,
因为他们会得到上帝的祝福
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表