剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
Drake Carne was found lurking outside the vicarage?
奥斯本的死可能真不是意外
Osborne's death may not be an accident after all.
-你不会是说 -哈利哪去了
- You surely don't suggest... - Where is Harry?
我们不找罗斯上尉回来吗
Should we not send for Captain Ross?
他还在伦敦有事呢
He've London matters to attend to.
再说 他来了又能怎样
Besides, what could he do here?
希望这事能尽早过去
Well, 'tis hoped the thing will blow over soon enough.
不会造成什么伤害
And no harm done.
沃勒根先生叫我来的
Mr Warleggan did send me in his stead.
你弟弟被通缉了 我有令搜这栋房♥子
Thy little brother is wanted. I have orders to search the house.
乔治·沃勒根无权在这儿下令 我才有
George Warleggan don't give orders here - I do -
你别想踏进这个家门
and you'll not set foot across this threshold.
想赌一把吗 太太
Care to wager that, missus?
在阿什本吃午饭 还是继续走
Lunch at Ashbourne or shall we press on?
后者
The latter.
如果我们想成功
If we're to succeed with this,
越早提出计划
the sooner we put forward the scheme...
你必须得获得法尔茅斯勋爵的支持
You will of course require Lord Falmouth's agreement.
作为区内最大的地主
As foremost landowner in the district,
没有他的支持是别想成事的
nothing will pass without him.
他根本无权威胁他们
He had no business to threaten them.
如果他们窝藏了重罪犯
If they were sheltering a felon...
你有什么证据证明这点
What proof had you that they were,
又怎么能证明德雷克·卡恩是重罪犯
or that Drake Carne IS a felon?
你太过分了 乔治
You go too far, George!
亲爱的 我只是想伸张正义
My dear, I merely wish to see justice done.
为了谁 莫文娜吗
For whose benefit? Morwenna's?
-你听到了 奥斯本死了她高兴 -尽管如此
- You heard her. She's glad Osborne is dead. - Nonetheless...
乔治 那人是个禽兽 我们却逼她嫁给了他
George, the man was a monster and we forced her to wed him.
-如果你在意我的爱 -这你知道的
- If you value my love... - You know I do!
就别再纠缠德雷克·卡恩
Do not pursue Drake Carne.
听你的 亲爱的
As you wish, my dear.
我们会中止对德雷克·卡恩的搜寻
We will call off the search for Drake Carne.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
还有其他办法可以惩罚他
There will be other ways to punish him.
杰卡 那小卡恩
See thee, Jacka, it's a terrible thing
-对你女儿做的事太可恶了 -那是
- young Carne did to thy daughter. - Don't I know it!
上次 汤姆饶了他一马
Last time, Tom let him wriggle off the hook.
这次 我们要让他好好尝尝滋味
This time, we'll do a proper job.
天呐 越来越糟了
Dear God, it gets worser and worse.
我们怎么办
What can we do?
为罪孽和罪人祈求宽恕
Pray for forgiveness, for sins and sinners.
为什么
Why?
难道为自己和他人寻求幸福是罪吗
Is it a sin to seek happiness for ourselves and others?
只有仁慈的天父知道了
Only our merciful Father knows that.
是吗
Do he?
有时我觉得他根本不想幸福是什么
Sometimes it do feel like he don't think about happiness at all.
这太可怕了
What a wicked thing to have happened.
我觉得肯定不是意外
I can't think it was an accident.
我们也这么觉得
Nor we, maid.
萝茜娜
Rosina,
德雷克去找你时 他说过他要去哪吗
when Drake came to you, did he... he tell you where he was going?
没有 太太
No, ma'am.
只说了发生了什么事 而他必须离开
Only what had happened and that he had to go
因为他所谓的"之前的爱"
because of what he called his "prior love".
萝茜娜 我真抱歉
Rosina, I'm that sorry.
想想看 如果这事晚了一小时
To think if it had happened only an hour later,
我们现在就是夫妻了
we'd be wed now.
我知道他绝不会抛弃我
And I know he'd never have left me.
那么 是这样吗
So, if I understand you correctly,
这一年来 你从未按我的意思投过票
after a year in which you have not once voted as I directed
又无视了我修路穿过圣戴尔的提议
and ignored my proposal for a road through St Day,
而现在又为你自己的提议来求我支持
you now come to me seeking my support for a proposal of your own,
还是个让我只花钱不挣钱的提议
which will cost me dear and deliver me nothing in return?
上帝保佑
Oh, praise God.
我们一直在等你 祈祷你会回来
We've been waiting here, praying for you to come home.
-别在意这个 弟弟 -她变了
- Pay no heed to this, brother. - She's changed.
她不想要我 她再也不想见我了
She don't want me. She won't see me ever again.
没事的
It's all right.
弟弟 萨姆会带你回他家的
Brother, Sam will take you home with him.
罗斯
Ross!
真希望这世界消失
I wish the world would go away.
什么世界
What world?
向我保证你不会去找乔治的麻烦
Promise me you won't go after George.
我受不了又开始互相敌对
I couldn't bear to have the feud stoked up again.
这次我就饶他一马
I'll let it pass this once.
为了你
For your sake.
不为你吗
And not for yours?
你今天不是需要他的同意才能实现计划吗
Will you not need his consent to your scheme today?
他绝对会反对的
Which he'll refuse on principle.
那你就白跑一趟了
So it will be a wasted journey.
也不完全白跑
Not entirely.
所以 简单说 我提议
So, in short, I propose
经审核 按比例发放的补薪
a means-tested, sliding-scale of wage supplements
以缓和目前最受粮食危机冲击的群体
in order to mitigate the worst effects of the current food crisis.
而这样一来 我们的矿井和工厂也能维持运转
And, by doing so, we can keep our mines and our mills working
喂饱我们的工人
and our workers fed.
那这一切的开销呢
And the cost of all this?
将由本区的地主承担
Would fall on the landowners of this parish.
就是今天聚在这里的人
We who are assembled here today.
那如果我们付钱让人什么都不做
And where, pray, is the incentive to work
他们还有什么动力工作
if one pays people to be idle?
-先生 你没懂这个计划 -是吗
- I believe, sir, you misunderstand the principle. - Do I?
这补助是暂时的
The assistance is temporary,
只是在粮价高昂的期间
while the price of grain is prohibitive,
以确保大家能活下来
to enable people to live and not die.
另一个解决办法
Of course another solution
就是粮商降价
would be for the grain merchants to lower their prices.
他们凭什么
Why should they?
他们难道不像别人那样 需要维持生计吗
Do they not have a living to make as well as anyone else?
就我自己而言 我是没有闲钱了
And speaking for myself, I have no capital to spare.
因为你都拿来买♥♥选区了
Because you've spent it all buying up an entire borough.
再说 这计划要想成功
Besides, if the scheme is to work,
那整个区的地主
surely it's only fair that all landowners
都该参与进来吧 法尔茅斯勋爵呢
in the district participate. Where is Lord Falmouth?
如果他不愿 那别人凭什么
If he's not willing, why should anyone else be?
我建议我们投个票
Well, I suggest we take a vote.
赞成的
Those in favour.
反对的
And those against.
-既然没有明显多数 -我觉得有
- Since there's no clear majority... - I rather think there is.
我应该正好赶上来投票了
I believe I'm just in time to cast my vote.
我惦记的那项法案 我非常看重
The Bill I have in mind has a particular place in my heart.
如果这条路能修建好
Were the road in question to be built,
能大大有助于我清理圣戴尔的棚屋
it would considerably aid my scheme to clear the hovels of St Day
而扩张我的地♥产♥的计划
and build in their place an extension to my estate.
那圣戴尔的棚屋
And the hovels of St Day,
里面住的那些人怎么办
specifically their inhabitants?
他们会得到安置
They will be rehoused...
我出钱
..At my expense.
我保证
You have my word.
那我支持你
You have my vote.
我也支持了你
As you have had mine.
真希望我能再久留一阵
I wish I could stay longer.
你已经达成了回来的目的
You did what you came to do.
现在你得去向威斯敏斯特宣告了
Now you must tell Westminster.
如果他们愿听的话
If it will listen!
逼他们听
Make it listen.
所以 我提议
So, I propose
这个在我选区构想的
that this new system of Poor Relief
并且成功实施的
devised in my own constituency,
贫民救济体系
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表