剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
有了这些手段就能保证给我投票的人
All of which may in fact result in a larger majority
比上一次还多
than the one I secured last time.
我的条件如下
These are my terms.
我会全力支持皮特来继续这场战争
I may support Pitt in any measure to sustain the war.
我会支持废除奴隶制
I may support the abolition of slavery.
我会采取一切我认为有利于穷♥人♥的措施
I may take any action I feel will benefit the poor.
我答应
Agreed.
我接受提名
I accept the nomination.
所以一切妥当 我们能回到威斯敏斯特吗
So all is well? We will return to Westminster?
亲爱的 马上安排下人打包行李
My dear, order your gowns to be packed without delay.
我走后 请你记住
When I am gone remember this of me
天地之大 也藏不住
that earth of earth or heaven of heaven concealed
与你相处一天
no greater happiness than was to me revealed
为我带来的幸福
by favour of a single day with thee.
妈妈 妈妈
Mama! Mama!
怎么了 小宝贝
What is it, sweetheart?
杰里米 我不是说过不许欺负妹妹吗
Jeremy, what I have told you about teasing your sister?
德梅尔扎 我必须得问你...
Demelza, I must ask you...
你害怕吗
..Are you afraid?
害怕我们今天答应的事吗
Of what we agreed today?
何止是害怕
More than afraid.
可我知道必须得这样
Yet I know it must be so.
不要怕
Do not fear it.
乔治会赢的
George will win.
我会留下
And I will stay.
休也会活下去
And Hugh will live.
萨姆兄弟 他提没提起摔跤的事
Brother Sam, has he said aught about the wrestling?
一个字也没说
Not a word.
我说好他要是赢了就跟他一起去祈祷
You know, I promised to go to his praying feast if he won.
他为什么让汤姆·哈利赢了呢
So why did he let Tom Harry win?
也许他不想以那种方式赢得你
Maybe he don't want to win you that way.
如果他赢了 你会遵守诺言吗
If he'd won, would you have kept your side of the bargain?
当然
Of course.
现在也遵守不行吗
Could you not still?
-我害怕 -怕什么
- I'm afeared. - Of what?
我会对此毫无感觉
That I'd feel naught.
虽然想要得到拯救
That I'd want to be saved,
却不得不假装我已经得到拯救
but I'd be led to pretending I'm saved.
你爱他吗
Do you love him?
听我一句
Be advised.
他的信仰就是他的为人
What he believes is who he is.
你爱萨姆 也必须爱他的信仰
Ye can't love Sam without loving his faith.
走吧
Come on.
你必须选择
You must choose.
接受他的全部...
Take all of him...
或者一点不要
..Or none.
今天下午的选举
This afternoon's election -
你会去吗 堂姐
will you go, cousin?
这会是一场恶战的
Now, there will be a tussle!
你觉得你的对手能赢得很多选票吗
Will your opponent attract many votes, do you think?
因为他在法国的经历
On account of his exploits in France?
-恐怕不会 -阿米蒂奇不熟悉政♥治♥
- Doubtful. - Armitage is new to the business
他不如回海军去
and would do better to return to the Navy.
你还不知道吗 阿米蒂奇病了
You have not heard? Armitage is sick.
法尔茅斯不得不另选了一位候选人
Falmouth was obliged to choose another candidate.
-那是谁 -波达克 纳帕拉的波达克
- And who might... - Poldark! Poldark of Nampara!
我倒是觉得他这人太粗野
Myself, I should have thought him too much of a rogue,
但他无疑是想好好利用下自己的身份
but no doubt he thinks to turn his notoriety to some account.
你确定你没听错吗 奥斯
Are you sure have the right person, Ossie?
当然 我从我裁缝那里听来的
Gad, yes! I had it from my tailor,
而他是从休·博得拉根爵士那里听来的
who had it from Sir Hugh Bodrugan,
他说 "波达克若进入议会
who said, "Poldark in Parliament
肯定是刚直不阿 不会拿钱办事"
"shall provide more backbone than wishbone!"
他还没进去呢
He's not yet there.
对不起 叔叔
I'm sorry, Uncle...
抱歉我今天没法帮你
..That I cannot oblige you today.
还会再有机会的 好孩子
There'll be other occasions, my boy.
特利戈斯南来的
From Tregothnan...
找你的
..Asking for you.
瑟顿 高夫 提皮特 霍尔 吉利 普利
Seddon, Gough, Tippet, Howell, Killick, Pooley -
这几票都有保证了
these votes are assured.
但奥吉特不太好说 但他借了一大笔钱
Less certain is Aukitt, but he's received a substantial loan
他也知道如果他不投对了票就要被迫马上还钱
which he knows is due for repayment if he votes unwisely.
这三个 立场不定
These three, they're marginal -
他们怎么投都可能
they could swing the vote either way.
普林 希克 马斯格雷夫
Prynne, Hick, Musgrave -
都是老贵族 人脉广 而且固执
older gentry, well connected, set in their ways.
也是查诺韦斯家的老朋友
And old friends of the Chynoweths.
我就说我妻子能派上用场的
I told you my wife would be useful.
你离岗了吗
You've abandoned your post?
这次是病人把我赶走的
This time, it was the patient who dismissed me.
好接待其他来客吗
In favour of his other visitor?
我已经让他尽量舒服了
I made him comfortable.
我还能做什么呢
What else could I do?
天鹅真是一生只有一个配偶吗
Is it true that swans mate for life?
应该是的
I believe so.
至少直到出现更帅气的天鹅
Or at least until a more handsome swan appears!
似乎没人能治好我
No-one seems able to cure me.
但是
And yet...
我觉得有一个人可以
..I think there's someone who could.
那快去叫那人来吧
Well, let them be sent for!
她已经到了
She's here.
我吗
I?
我可没有神力
I have no miraculous powers!
我能做什么
What could I do?
给我希望
Give me hope.
尽管我非常在乎你
In spite of how I care for you
尽管我们之间的一切
and all that's between us...
我无力给你你所想要的
..It is not in my power to give you what you seek.
那我只能满足于我所有的
Well, then, I must be content with what I had...
因为这已经弥足珍贵
..For it was no small treasure -
我曾经拥有你的身体和灵魂
to have once possessed you, body and soul.
我还未问过你
I never asked you -
你为什么会接受提名
what led you to accept the nomination?
一时疯狂吧
A moment of madness...
我现在后悔了
..Which I now regret.
他又让我左右为难了
Once again, he puts me in a quandary.
你不喜欢法尔茅斯 所以又怎能投票给他的人
You dislike Falmouth, so how can you vote for his man?
是啊
Quite so.
你熟悉这种事 哈瑞斯 该怎么做
You're a veteran of these affairs, Harris. What's the form?
我是要跟对手握手
Do I shake hands with my opponent
还是可以隔着房♥间跟他怒目相对
or am I permitted to glare at him across the hall?
一般来说 是后者
The latter, I believe, is customary.
那样更安全
And safer!
女士们先生们 请安静
Ladies, gentlemen, quiet, please.
三点已到
It is three o' clock.
请宣读选举公告
Let the Proclamation and Notice of the Election now be read.
先生们 我提议乔治·沃勒根先生
Gentlemen, I propose Mr George Warleggan -
他不仅经验丰富
an experienced candidate
也已忠诚服务乡里多年
who has served this borough faithfully for many years.
他是银行家 商人 熟悉本地事务
A banker and merchant with a thorough knowledge of local affairs.
他是治安法官 积极维护♥法♥律
A magistrate, a keen upholder of the law,
在这一点上他明显有别于他的对手
which puts him in stark contrast to his opponent,
那位经常自视高于法律的候选人
who has frequently shown himself to be above the law.
我推举这位反对非法行为
I commend to you a man who stands against lawlessness,
反对腐♥败♥
against corruption,
并会在议会为本乡利益据理力争的人
who will fight for the interests of this borough in Parliament.
-堪称典范啊 -我都想给他投票了
- What a paragon! - I'm almost ready to vote for him myself.
先生们 我提议的候选人
Gentlemen, may I propose as my candidate
是罗斯·波达克上尉
Captain Ross Poldark?
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表