剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
You must look after yourself, my dear.
莫文娜
Morwenna!
我的儿媳妇没有理由找你来
My daughter-in-law had no business to send for you.
我想不出她能有什么问题
I cannot imagine what she has to complain of.
如能让我单独见见她 我很乐意确认这点
I'll be happy to ascertain that if I might see her alone.
她对我没有秘密
She has no secrets from me.
那么我给她检查之后
Then doubtless she'll give you a full account
她无疑会向你如实汇报
once I've examined her.
你的信上提到 颤抖
Your note mentioned...tremors?
心悸 以及恶心
Palpitations? Nausea?
能再告诉我一些细节吗
If you would furnish me more details,
-或许我可以开... -遗忘
- I could perhaps prescribe... - Oblivion.
你能给我这个吗
Can you supply that?
可以
Yes.
但我要先问问 你想逃避什么
But first I might ask what you wish to escape.
我还想告诉你 我也曾想要遗忘
I might also tell you that I myself once wished for such a thing.
我从法国回来后
When I returned from France
我的感官麻木 神经脆弱
with my senses numbed and my nerves frayed...
受侵犯呢
And violated?
像我那样
As I have been violated?
我丈夫
My husband...
-他死前 -我明白
- ..Before he died... - I understand.
我敦促你把他忘记
And I urge you to put all thoughts of him behind you.
期待未来的
Look to the future with...
希望
..Hope.
真希望那还有可能
I wish that were possible.
上帝保佑你 姑娘
God go with 'ee, maid.
也保佑你 先生
And thee, sir.
萝茜娜
Rosina...
你和我弟弟之间的事 是他不对
..What passed 'twixt thee and my brother, I believe he did wrong.
承诺就是承诺 不该心血来潮就反悔
A promise is a promise and should not be broke on a whim.
不是心血来潮 先生 他认识我前就爱上了她
'Twas not a whim, sir, for he loved she afore ever he saw me,
她成了寡妇 他就觉得必须去找她
and when she was widowed, he felt he must go to her,
这我能尊重
so I respect him.
但我不懂她
I don' respect her.
她现在没了束缚 却还是拒绝了他
She's free now, yet she've turned him away.
如果她真爱他 那为何要如此
If she truly loved him, why did she so?
这我答不上来
That I cannot answer.
或许我根本不该跟你说德雷克的事
And perhaps I've no right to speak to thee of Drake at all.
但请容我说一句
But if 'ee will allow me...
那你能做一件事
Then there's one thing you can do,
可以让乔治完全信任你
which would put a seal on George's trust
让别人也都无话可说
which no-one could ever dispute.
再给他生个孩子
Give him another child.
那不能改变之前的事
That cannot alter what's gone before.
可以的
It could...
如果把日期搞错
if there were some confusion over the dates,
如果能让他觉得又是个早产的孩子
if it could seem to him another eight-month child...
妈妈
Mama.
先生们 请耐心点
Gentlemen, please. Gentlemen, have patience.
我会挨个见你们
I will see you all in turn.
的确 纳特·皮尔斯挪用的一些钱款
It's true that some of the funds Nat Pearce misappropriated
是我们担♥保♥的
carried our guarantee.
这些钱都会全额归还
They will be honoured in full.
银行的稳定性毫无危险
There's not the slightest threat to the stability of the bank.
除非 我的老客户们
Unless...all of my old clients
都像你们这样
proceed as you wish to do
突然全额提走
and suddenly withdraw, in full,
已经在我们这里存放多年的存款
deposits which have lain with us for years.
波达克太太 真荣幸
Mistress Poldark, what a pleasure.
-来杯酒吗 -不了 谢谢 先生
- A glass of port? - Thank you, no, sir.
已经月底了 我们一般都
'Tis the end of the month and, as you know, our usual custom...
要提前付工资
Is to draw money for wages.
当然 五百行吗
Of course. Five hundred?
我去叫出纳
I will instruct my clerk.
但先生
But, sir, I
要是您真的深陷麻烦
bethink if you're in such trouble...
你想多提点钱 好自保吗
You wish to safeguard yourself by taking more?
这我理解
I quite understand.
波达克上尉有超过三千英镑的存款
Captain Poldark has over £3,000 to his credit,
但麻烦您别一次都取走
but I'd esteem it a favour if you'd not take it all at once.
希望一周后我们就能撑过这段困难时期
In a week, I hope, we will have weathered the storm.
是的 我听说了帕斯科银行出现危机的传闻
Yes, I did hear rumours of the crisis at Pascoe's Bank,
但我觉得这会过去的
but I assume it will blow over.
请原谅 大人
Forgive me, my Lord,
我并不怎么理解这些事
I don't rightly understand these things,
真希望罗斯能在这儿帮忙 但是既然他不在
and dearly wish Ross were here to help, but in his absence...
现在已经月底了
It's the end of the month
我去取钱付工资 但
and I went to draw money to pay our wages, but...
-我却不能 -帕斯科付不起吗
- ..I found I could not. - You mean Pascoe's could not pay you?
不是 我不能那么做
No, I mean, I could not withdraw it.
如果我提款了 就是在带动其他人也这么做
If I do, it will encourage others to do the same,
帕斯科和罗斯有20年的交情呢
and Pascoe's been Ross' friend these 20 years.
现在应该存钱 不是提钱
Surely now is the time to put money in, not draw it out.
你不必担心 叔叔
Your concern was not needed, Uncle.
在伦敦 每个人都有点嗜好
Everyone in London has their little amours.
每个人都大肆喝酒赌博
Everyone gambles and drinks to excess.
都用他们继父的钱吗
On their stepfather's money?
为什么你不能做我的继父呢
Why could you not have been my stepfather?
我绝不会资助你去读书或胡闹
I could never fund your education or your escapades!
我建议你继续讨好乔治
Then I suggest you retain George's favour.
相信我 这是我容忍♥他的唯一理由
Believe me, it's the only reason I tolerate him.
我并不...
'Tis not...
只寻求您的建议 大人 但是...
..only advice I seek, my Lord, but...
我还想借一笔钱
..A loan.
两千镑 支付薪水用
£2,000, to meet our wages.
你雇了多少人
How many men do you employ?
准确的数字我记不清了
I can't rightly remember.
从我和你丈夫的交谈判断
From conversations with your husband, I would guess that...
八百镑足够你支付薪水了
..£800 would more than cover your needs.
能给你个建议吗
May I offer you a word of advice?
忠诚固然值得钦佩
Loyalty is admirable...
但是太感情用事并不明智
..But it's unwise to be governed by sentiment.
这笔钱是给你和你的矿的
This money is for you and your mine.
不是去资助特鲁洛一家衰颓的银行
Not to prop up a shaky bank in Truro.
是 大人
No, my Lord.
非常感谢 大人
I'm that grateful, my Lord.
不知他父亲会更喜欢谁
I wonder who his father would've preferred.
来做他的继父
For his stepfather.
我们都不
Neither of us.
乔治也许道德沦丧
George may be a moral bankrupt
但我永远不可能让伊丽莎白幸福
but I could never have made Elizabeth happy.
她要的是轻松而奢侈的生活
She requires a life of ease and luxury.
那你要的是什么
And you require?
一个愿意动手干脏活儿的妻子
A wife who's willing to dirty her hands.
打扰一下 先生
Excuse me, sirs,
请问在哪存钱
where must I go to pay money in?
借过一下 先生们
Pardon me, sirs?
麻烦借过一下 先生
Pray, excuse me, sir?
我要存钱
I have money to pay in.
应该怎么走
Which way must I go?
日安 马丁先生 你是来取钱的吗
Good day, Mr Martin. You're not here to withdraw funds?
不 女士 存钱 这二十年来我月月来存
No, ma'am, deposit, as I've done every month these 20 years.
我也是 先生 三十年了
And I, sir. 30 years!
没理由现在中断
And have no reason to stop now.
我是新来的...
I be new to these parts...
被推荐来的吗
And have been recommended...?
是的 我被推荐来这家银行
Oh, yeah, and I've been recommended to this bank
因为
on account...
这里...
..of it being, erm...
比博德明监狱还安全
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表