剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
为了我和我孩子们的将来
for my own benefit and that of my children.
-伊丽莎白她... -不
- Is Elizabeth...? - No.
但总有一天 她会再怀上的
But at some point, she will be.
-矿工就是变化无常 -直到今天我才知道
- Mining folk are fickle. - I had not thought so till now.
这让我更珍惜其他的朋友
Which makes me all the more appreciative of my other friends.
我的一个朋友快不行了
One of mine is fading.
老纳特·皮尔斯 可怜的老傻帽
Old Nat Pearce, poor demented old fool.
惠特沃思牧师正在为他祈祷
Reverend Whitworth is praying for him.
乔治姻亲
Cousin George.
我想你收到我的信了
I trust you had my note.
我刚刚从伦敦回来
I have just, this instant, returned from London.
没关系 我给你写信说
No matter. I was writing to inform you
拉克西里安牧师教职空缺了
that the living of Luxulyan is vacant.
-你没有听说吗 -我有可能听说吗
- Had you not heard? - Is it likely that I would?
但人应该耳听八方
but one must keep one's ear close to the ground.
你无从知道会听到什么
One never knows what one might pick up.
就在今天 我从纳特·皮尔斯那里
Why, only today, I had the most extraordinary news
得知了一个不得了的消息 他将命不久矣
from old Nat Pearce, even now at death's door.
什么样的消息
What manner of news?
那老傻瓜挥霍了他客户
Oh, the old fool has squandered funds,
交给他的资金 做了失败的投资
entrusted to him by his clients, on hopeless speculations.
-是吗 -那么这些资金是存在哪里的
- Has he? - And these funds were deposited where?
好像是帕斯科银行
I believe at Pascoe's Bank.
我会再考虑拉克西里安牧师教职的事
I will think further about the living of Luxulyan.
给我点时间考虑吧
Pray, let me have time to consider.
当然 您考虑吧
Of course, by all means.
帕斯科银行担♥保♥了那么多资金
Pascoe's Bank stands guarantor for all those funds,
罗斯·波达克的全部资产
and Ross Poldark's entire capital
也都在帕斯科的银行里
is also lodged at Pascoe's Bank.
那等纳特·皮尔斯最终归西
So, when Nat Pearce finally expires,
可能会被施加的压力
the pressure which might be brought to bear
或许能一石二鸟
could kill two birds with one stone.
罗斯
Well, Ross.
经历了伦敦的喧嚣 康沃尔显得无聊了吧
Is Cornwall not tedious after the heady bustle of London?
个人而言 我觉得这里很对我胃口
Personally, I find it very much to my taste.
-你呢 -它的确有些魅力
- You? - Oh, it has its attractions...
也有其用处
..And its uses.
打扰 先生 能给我看看这个吗
Excuse me, sir. Can I have these?
如果能拉拢到阿德利可不是小事
It was no small feat to secure Adderley.
但他是这方面的行家 我会听他的指引
But he is expert in these matters and I shall be guided by him.
他提出了什么
So, what does he suggest?
聚会 这栋庄园前所未有的聚会
A gathering, the like of which this house has never seen.
我们都要邀请谁
Who would we invite?
伦敦来的客人 精挑细选的
Guests from London, hand-picked,
还有一些本地的要人 有议区
and a number of local worthies who have boroughs
或许会愿意放手的人
and might be persuaded to part with them.
小丫头 小丫头
Jibby, jibby, jibby, jibby, jibby, jibby.
真是个小天使
A cherub.
让人疲惫 占据了我大量精力
A tiresome one, which takes up so much of my time,
让我不得不放下了重要的事
forcing me to neglect more important matters,
比如骑马 遛狗
such as horses and dogs.
请原谅 太太 孩子的帽子做好了
Beg pardon, ma'am. I've finished the caps for the children.
-我得走了 -德雷克也正要走呢
- I must be on my way. - Oh, well, Drake was just leaving.
要不你送萝茜娜回绍尔吧
Perhaps you'd walk Rosina as far as Sawle.
不 不用了
Oh, no, there be no need.
夜色要深了 这样不挺好
I think it would be a kindness, with night drawing in.
我们一起送她吧
We'll both go.
-真没见过比你更明显的了 -我错了吗
- A more blatant contrivance I've yet to see. - And yet is it wrong?
他想要的生活他得不到
The life he wished was not for the taking,
我怎么不能帮他再选别人
so may I not then help him choose another?
你每天都早起 晚吃
Every day, you rise early, you eat late,
都不怎么睡 为了什么呢 弟弟
you scarce sleep, but to what end, brother?
你一直饱受相思之苦
You've been stricken in love,
但现在我觉得 姐姐也觉得
but now I reckon, and so does sister,
没有比萝茜娜·霍比林更好的姑娘了
there be no better young woman than Rosina Hoblyn.
那莫文娜呢
And Morwenna?
莫文娜已经嫁给了别人 还生了孩子
Morwenna is wed to another and has a child.
你还能怎么样 她已经是惠特沃思的妻子了
What more can 'ee do? She belong to Whitworth.
-覆水不可收 -或许吧
- What's done cannot be undone. - Maybe not.
但只要莫文娜还活着 我就无法去爱别人
But I can't think of another while Morwenna lives.
我不能对萝茜娜不敬 要她付出真心
And I'd not disrespect Rosina to ask for her heart
我却无以回报
when I've none to give in return.
我答应她会试试了
Well, I promised her I'd try.
过来
Come here.
我的理由是
So, my reasoning is this.
少女矿井当初并未被彻底开采干净
Wheal Maiden was never fully worked out.
老矿工现在还说有尚未开采的矿脉
The old miners still talk of lodes left untouched,
-我父亲那时就有传闻 -这倒是
- since my father's day. - It's true enough.
这六个月来 你们搭木板架进行横切
These past six months, you've been on timbering and crosscutting.
-是的 -所以我提议找几个人打纵井
- It is so. - So, I propose to put a team to shaft sinking
再另打一个通到
and another to driving through to link up
老少女矿井里
to the old Wheal Maiden workings.
谁来带领开采呢
And who'll lead the excavation?
我来
I will.
那伦敦呢
But what about London?
夏季休会即将开始
Well, summer recess is about to begin.
我回去之前至少能在矿上干三个月
I could give the mine at least three months before I return.
到那时 我们也能知道这是个好计划
By that time, we'll know whether it's a good plan
还是白费劲了
or fool's errant.
说定了吗
Are we agreed?
今天就开始
We start today.
妈妈
Well, Mama.
亲爱的
My darling!
它现在看上去好小 伦敦要堂皇多了
How tiny it seems now. London is so much grander.
你不会觉得失望吧
You're not disappointed?
一点也不 回家真好
Not in the least. It's good to be home.
日安 乔治叔叔
Good day, Uncle George.
日安 小♥弟♥弟♥ 我们去玩会儿吧
Good day, little brother! Shall we go for a canter?
是的 霍雷斯 你得留下守护莎拉小姐
Yes, Horace, you must stay and guard Miss Sarah
确保我们回来前她不会醒过来
and see she does not waken until we return.
我觉得霍雷斯觉得自己被忽视了
I do believe Horace is feeling neglected.
才不会 他知道我最喜欢他了
Nonsense! He knows he I adore him above all things.
莎拉和我可知道我们才不重要
Whilst Sarah and I are quite aware of our own unimportance.
你对那孩子好痴迷 恩尼斯医生
You seem very attached to that child, Dr Enys.
希望她长大后不会被惯坏了
I hope she won't grow up to be a spoilt brat.
不会的
No.
今天干得不错 上尉
A good day's work, Cap'n.
今晚早睡 明天早起
An early night and an early start tomorrow.
我们今晚几个人
How many are we tonight?
我们三个 德雷克 索利
We three, Drake, Tholly...
-还有克洛克寡妇吗 -如果索利没喝醉
- And the widow Crocker? - If Tholly's sober!
都能拿来当鱼饵了
That's enough to hang on the end of fishing line.
索利和克洛克 伊拉根和绍尔的俊男美女
Tholly and Crocker! Illogan and Sawle's great beauties!
圣父圣子圣灵
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
惠特沃思先生叫我来带他走 夫人
Mr Whitworth bid me take him, ma'am.
感谢惠特沃思先生的好意
Thank Mr Whitworth for his kindness
告诉他约翰·柯南会跟我一起待在这儿
and tell him John Conan will remain here with me.
谢谢
Thank you.
嗯
Yes.
失陪下 先生们
Excuse me, gentlemen.
-亲爱的 -失陪了 先生们
- My dear... - Excuse me, gentlemen.
容我介绍 蒙克·阿德利上尉
May I introduce Captain Monk Adderley?
认识你很荣幸 女士
I'm honoured to make your acquaintance, ma'am.
您的美貌远近闻名
Your beauty is legendary.
您的声誉也是 先生
As is your reputation, sir.
亨顿在东印度公♥司♥有大笔投资
So, Henton has large investments in the East India Company.
虽然来自平民之家 但已摆脱了卑微的出身
Comes of common stock but has thrown off his humble beginnings
如今被所有人所接受
and is everywhere accepted.
罗宾森是皮特的好友
Robinson is a close friend of Pitt.
-那位先生 -是克里斯托弗·霍金斯爵士
- And that gentleman... - Is Sir Christopher Hawkins,
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表