剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
..That you were never meant to be a mother.
你依然这样认为吗
Do you think so still?
看来我必须警惕了 恩尼斯医生
I see I must be on my guard, Dr Enys.
看来你决心要证明我终究是有感情的
You seem determined to prove I have feelings after all.
我们没有存款或工资 还欠法尔茅斯八百镑
We have no savings, no wages, and we owe Falmouth £800.
-你尽力了 丫头 -但还是不够
- 'Ee did all 'ee could, maid. - And it wasn't enough.
我真想踢自己 天啊 我真傻
I could kick myself. Judas, I'm an idiot!
-我可不信 -罗斯
- Oh, I doubt that. - Ross!
杰里米
Jeremy.
乖儿子
Good boy.
让我看看你
Let me look at you.
好像瘦了一点 但是
A little thinner, perhaps, but...
不是傻瓜 至少我看不是
..No idiot, as far as I can tell.
罗斯 要是你知道就不这么说了
Ross, if only you knew.
也许我的确知道
Perhaps I do.
帕斯科银行的事
Pascoe's Bank?
我遇到了扎奇 他说了你的英勇之举
I met with Zacky. He told me of your valiant efforts.
但却无力回天
Which all came to nought.
帕斯科还是破产了
Pascoe was ruined anyway.
我做的对吗 罗斯
Did I do right or wrong, Ross?
告诉我 当时我必须做出选择
I have to know. There was a choice to make and...
怎么了
What?
你比整个威斯敏斯特都宝贵
You are worth all Westminster.
你是不走了吗
Back for good, are 'ee?
-是的 -我不喜欢
- As 'ee see. - I mislike it.
如果我不喜欢 我要让大伙儿都知道
And when I mislike a thing, I make it known.
所以就烧他的铺子吗
By burning down a forge?
我 什么 你们怎么会这样想
I? What? Why would 'ee think so?
你知不知道纵火罪要判绞刑
'Ee do know that arson's a hanging offence?
纵火 我不知道你在说什么
Arson? What? I know not about that.
听着 我弟弟辜负了萝茜娜
Look, my brother did wrong by Rosina,
但她原谅了他
but she've made her peace with him.
他们之间结束了 现在他也回来了
Their story be done, and now he've returned,
你别想碰他一根手指
ye'll not lay a finger upon him.
-是吗 -是的
- Will I not? - No.
如果你敢 要先过我这关
For if you do, you'll have me to answer to.
尽管上帝告诫我们不要复仇
And though the Lord do exhort us not to vengeance,
但为了我弟弟 我会的
for my brother's sake, I will repay.
亲爱的罗斯 这事真是太不幸了
My dear Ross, it's been a miserable business.
而且我同意 如果我有更多朋友施以援手
Yeah, and I agree, if more of my friends had been on hand,
也许我们还能渡过此劫 但是
we might have weathered the storm, but...
巴塞特银行已经同意
Basset's Bank have agreed
接手我的账户和负债
to take over my accounts and liabilities.
为什么银行不能像以前那样重组
Why can't the bank be reconstituted as before?
去哪里找资金
With what capital?
一家银行必须要有资金才能放贷
A bank must have a capital before it can start lending.
这是借贷的基石
That is the basis of credit.
没错 但全英国没有一家银行
Yes, but there's not a bank in England
可以同时偿还所有债权人
who can meet all of its creditors at the same time,
因为不需要 债权人对银行有信心
but there's no need. The creditors have sufficient faith in them.
你的债权人为什么不再相信你了
What has caused yours to waiver?
我也问过我自己同样的问题
The very question I asked myself.
直到有人给我看了这个
Till somebody showed me this.
当然是匿名的
Anonymous, of course.
但是我想我们能猜出是谁写的
Yet I think we may guess at the author.
"善意人士"
"A well-wisher."
当然 这没有确凿证据 但是
Of course, there's no absolute proof, but...
现在木已成舟
..'tis done now.
不过好消息是 我不会完全没用
And on a more cheerful note, I shan't be entirely redundant.
我被邀请去巴塞特-罗杰斯公♥司♥任出纳长
I've been offered the post of Chief Clerk at Basset, Rogers & Co.
薪水可不低
The salary is not to be sneezed at.
不 你该不屑一顾
No, it's to be spat at!
真的 哈瑞斯 那太委屈你了
Truly, Harris, if I cannot do better for you than that!
别去想了
Do not attempt it.
沃勒根家的最后这一招
This final manoeuvre of the Warleggans,
收回圣约翰的贷款
calling in St John's loan,
我们本都以为已经安全了
just as we hoped we were safe,
非常高明
it was masterly.
而且这助长而不是败坏了他们的名声
And it will strengthen, not blacken, their reputation,
谁还胆敢挑战一个
for who will dare challenge a family
有能力扳倒银行的家族
who have the power to bring down a bank?
非常感谢您今天早上和我见面
Thank you very much for meeting me this morning.
万分感激 谢谢
Much appreciated. Thank you.
晚饭还热着呢
Supper's hot.
我不饿
Not hungry.
只是累
Just weary.
费尽口舌 骑马奔波
Of arguing, riding...
四处劝说
..Persuading.
你说服谁了吗
Did you persuade?
大家都很同情帕斯科 但是
There's sympathy for Pascoe, but...
没有谁愿出资重启银行
..No offers of capital to restart the bank.
我们还是没法给工人付工钱
And we still have the problem of how to pay our men.
你有什么看法
What's your opinion?
我吗
Mine?
我们是合伙人 不是吗
We're partners, are we not?
作为你的合伙人 我觉得
Well, as your partner, I think...
首先你得填饱肚子
..First you should tend to your stomach.
然后
And then...
或许明早你可以去求德怀特和卡罗琳
..Maybe tomorrow you could beg Dwight and Caroline
借钱让我们支付工钱
for a loan to pay our wages.
或许去问问弗兰西斯爵士有什么建议
And maybe see if Sir Francis has aught to suggest.
跟我想的完全一样
My thoughts entirely.
-太太 -扎奇
- Mistress. - Zacky,
罗斯上尉和我想要感谢所有工人
Captain Ross and I wish to thank all our workers
能耐心等我们到有能力时再支付工钱
for their patience in bearing with us till we can pay wages.
您真周到 太太
'Tis well thought on, mistress.
作为报答 会给他们放半天假
In return they'll get a half-day off
再多给六便士
and an extra sixpence besides.
他们会非常感激的
'Twill be much appreciated.
而且今晚我们邀请所有人到纳帕拉庄园来
And tonight we invite all to Nampara,
我们会燃起篝火
where we'll have a bonfire
开桶麦芽酒 做块仰望星空派
and a barrel of ale and stargazy pie!
上帝保佑你
Bless thee.
是很不幸
It was unfortunate, yes,
帕斯科银行倒闭时我也不在
and I too was away when Pascoe's collapsed.
但是实话说 上尉 小银行的时代已经结束了
But in truth, Captain, the days of the small bank are done,
在这种情况下
so under the circumstances...
由这个引发的的情况吗
The circumstances generated by this?
帕斯科最主要的五十位客户都收到了
Sent to 50 of Pascoe's most prominent clients.
-这太邪恶了 -我找他们中很多人都谈过了
- This is monstrous. - I've spoken with many of them.
大多数人都愿意把他们的账户
And most are willing to allow their accounts
留在帕斯科那里 让他东山再起
to remain in Pascoe hands and see him trade again.
这是很好 但谁来资助他
It's all well and good, but who will finance him?
-巴塞特能不提供资助吗 -贷款
- Could Basset's not provide? - A loan?
他得要数年才能偿还
It would take him years to repay.
不行 抱歉 但是正在进行的合并
No, I'm sorry, but the amalgamation which is in process
在我看来是唯一可行的办法
seems to me the only practical solution.
为什么不考虑个新方案
Why not a new concern?
巴塞特-罗杰斯-帕斯科公♥司♥
Basset, Rogers, Pascoe & Co?
那就能拥有帕斯科的所有客户 包括我
It would gain all Pascoe's clients, including myself.
不可能的
Out of the question.
帕斯科的名字会让人想到失败
Pascoe's name would bring with it an air of failure
和判断错误
and misjudgment.
他唯一的错误判断
Surely his only misjudgment
就是和沃勒根家族交锋
was to ever cross swords with the Warleggans.
而且你不认为吗
And are we not agreed,
每次沃勒根家族战胜了小人物
every time the Warleggans triumph over the smaller man,
下一个小人物就更不愿去对抗他们了
it makes the next "small man" less likely to stand up to them?
上尉 这是不明智的
It would be a mistake, Captain...
在弱势的位置太过勉强行事
..To press too hard from a position of weakness.
那我希望能唤起你的慷慨
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表