剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表
没错 或者婴儿可服的阿司匹林
Yeah, or some baby aspirin.
-给 -但我想也不会有太大差别
- Here. - Though I s'pose it wouldn't make much difference.
二百年后 我们连人都能送上月球
How is it that 200 years from now, we have a man on the moon
怎么竟然还治不好小小的普通感冒呢
but still no cure for the bloody common cold?
你本可以去婚礼的
You could have gone to the wedding, you know.
我可以照顾好感冒的孩子
I can handle a kid with a cold.
我知道 但我想帮忙
I know, but I wanted to help.
乔卡丝塔在我们的婚礼上侮辱了你
Jocasta insulted you at our wedding.
你就想通过不参加她的婚礼报复回去
So you thought you'd insult her by not going to hers.
正好一举两得
Well, two birds with one stone.
阿德索给我们带了礼物
Adso has brought us a gift.
这是什么
What's this?
我不觉得这是阿德索的礼物
I don't think that's a gift from Adso.
我希望这不是诸神的礼物
And I hope it's not a gift from the gods.
乔卡丝塔身边应该是穆塔夫
It should be Murtagh at Jocasta's side.
而现在 我在这里
Instead, here I am,
与想看他死的恶魔为伍
rubbing shoulders wi' the very devils who'd see him dead.
你不能太苛责自己
You can't be so hard on yourself.
你让他等的
You asked him to wait.
如果穆塔夫今天不出现
If Murtagh isn't here today, then...
这也是他自己的选择
that's his own choice.
我们走
Come on.
为了乔卡丝塔 我们试着享受当下
Let's try and enjoy the day for Jocasta's sake.
-恕我失陪 -我都不知道
- Excuse me. - I had no idea
你舞跳得这么好
you were such a good dancer.
说实话 我不确定我是不是
Well, to tell the truth, I'm not certain I am.
我想我应该和省里每一个姑娘都跳过舞了
I think I must have danced with every girl in the province.
毋容置疑 她们每个人都希望确保自己
All of them hoping to secure an advantageous match
能与约翰·格雷大人强强联姻
with Lord John Grey, no doubt.
这是今年最盛大的社交活动
Aye, it is the social event of the year.
我敢打赌北卡州没有一个年轻的姑娘
I'd wager there's not a single young lady in North Carolina
会放弃自己今晚在丘比特之林中
who'd forfeit her chance to be worshipped
被敬奉的机会
in Cupid's grove tonight.
说到从不放弃被敬奉的机会
Speaking of never missing a chance to be worshipped...
自然如此
Naturally.
约翰·格雷大人 弗雷泽上校
Ah, Lord John Grey, Colonel Fraser,
这可真是一次盛大的聚会
this is an advantageous meeting.
-日安 -大人
- Good day. - Your Excellency.
弗雷泽夫人 很高兴再次见到你
Mistress Fraser, delighted to see you again.
大人
Your Excellency.
泰伦夫人
Mistress Tryon.
叫她大人
Her Excellency...
如果你不介意的话
If you don't mind.
抱歉
My apologies.
不要理他 弗雷泽夫人
Pay him no mind, Mistress Fraser.
我执着于头衔是为了提醒他
I usually insist upon the title as a reminder to him.
而他才开始向北卡州的上流社会
And just as he's finally begun introducing me this way
这样介绍我
to the good people of North Carolina,
我们就要离开了 前往纽约
we're leaving for New York.
真是不巧
Typical.
纽约
New York?
请容我介绍尊敬的马丁·阿蒂库斯法官大人
May I introduce the honorable Judge Martin Atticus?
为您服务 先生
Your servant, sir.
我发誓如果我有手套 我现在就扔一只和你决斗
I swear, if I had my gloves, I would throw one down.
好让我们看看 究竟是谁
Then we would see who had any sense
懂得用古老的方式捍卫荣耀
of good old-fashioned honor.
老天 那个人是谁
Good Lord, who is that man?
昆西·阿尔布克尔 大人
Quincy Arbuckle, Your Excellency.
婚礼上总至少有一个自以为是的傻瓜
Always at least one self-righteous pillock at a wedding.
我惊讶于你的用词
I'm quite surprised by your language,
法官大人 但我不能说我不同意
Your Honor, but, uh, can't say I disagree.
更糟糕的是 我确定我会吸引这些人
And what's worse is, I'm certain I attract them.
一旦有人发现我是法官
The moment anyone discovers that I'm a judge,
突然之间 附近的人都会摇身一变
suddenly everyone in the vicinity is
变为道德哲人或者法律专家
a moral philosopher or expert in matters of the law.
如果要我说的话 我最近一次立法胜利
Well, my most recent legislative victory
可谓是神来之笔
was a stroke of genius, if I may say so.
没错
Indeed.
我们很幸运 能有如此智慧的州长
We are fortunate to have a governor so wise
宅心仁厚 赦免无♥耻♥之徒
and merciful to offer pardons to these dishonorable men.
看来偏远地区的消息确实传得慢
My, news does travel slow in the backcountry.
你要感谢你的苏格兰人同胞
Well, you have a fellow Scotsman,
塞缪尔·约翰逊 是他提出
Samuel Johnston, to thank for proposing it:
《防止骚乱暴♥乱♥集♥会♥法令》
an Act for Preventing Tumultuous and Riotous Assembly,
禁止在某些情况下
prohibiting 10 men or more
十人及以上人群聚集
from gathering under certain circumstances.
理由是 如果人们不聚集
The reasoning being if men cannot gather,
就没法密谋
they cannot conspire.
一点不错
Yes, exactly.
我要是能早点想到这件事
If only I'd thought to do such a thing sooner,
那诺克斯中尉或许还能在我们身边
then, uh, Lieutenant Knox might be with us still.
天哪 大人
Good heavens, Your Excellency.
我非得时时提醒您注意礼节吗
Am I to be forever reminding you of proper etiquette?
那的确令人遗憾
Very sad indeed, terribly so,
但恐怕不适合在今天这种日子里说
but not an appropriate conversation for such an auspicious day.
没错
Quite right.
走吧 我们让男人们去谈他们无聊的政♥治♥
Come, let's leave the men to their morbid talk of politics.
好的
Let's.
我听说 等下会有场高赌注的牌局
I hear there's a game of high-stakes whist taking place later.
我非常喜欢看男人们赌掉自己的财富
I find it very beguiling watching men gamble away their fortunes.
蝗群一天之内就会飞来
The swarm is gonna be here in a day.
是 如果我们再等下去
Aye, the crop will be crawling with the devils
庄稼就全毁了
if we wait any longer.
我们该烧了弗雷泽先生的田 斩草除根
We should burn Mr. Fraser's field and be done with it.
先生们 请听我说一句
Gentlemen, please, if I may.
着火了
Fire!
这回大家倒都听见了
That got everyone's attention.
你们心里感觉到的那种恐慌 害怕
That panic you felt in your chest, that terror,
那种保护自己远离危险的直觉
the instinct to protect yourselves from danger...
现在想象一下 如果真的着火了呢
now imagine if there really was a fire.
但那样蝗虫就没了
But we'd be rid of the buggers.
或许吧 直到更多蝗虫飞来
Perhaps, until more come along.
但你们没有的还可能是更多东西
But you'd be ridding yourselves of a lot more as well.
只要风向稍稍一变
One shift of the wind
你们的家园就能化为灰烬
and your homes could be reduced to ashes.
你愿意冒这个险吗 林赛先生
Are you willing to take that chance, Mr. Lindsay?
要是弗雷泽上校在这就好了
I wish Colonel Fraser was here.
他会有答案的
He'd have an answer for this.
弗雷泽上校在离这儿十天路程外的地方
Colonel Fraser is 10 days' ride away.
那你觉得我们该怎么做呢 麦肯齐上尉
So what is it you propose we do, Captain Mackenzie?
哑巴了
No answer.
我倒不为离开纽伯恩的宅子伤心
I'm not saddened by leaving the palace at New Bern.
那里的确漂亮 住得也方便
The building has certain elegant amenities,
但我从没感觉自在过
but I've never felt comfortable there.
天哪 那是菲利普·威利吗
My God, is that Philip Wylie?
你认识他吗
You know him?
他打了那么厚的粉底 挺难看出来的 不过是的
It's hard to tell under all that powder, but yes.
我在威明顿的一场晚宴上见过他
I-I met him at a dinner in Wilmington.
但...我觉得他...
Though... I found him rather...
很执着吗
Persistent?
我想说的是"烦人"
I was going to say annoying.
自他从巴黎回来
Ever since he returned from Paris,
就成了个令人厌恶的花♥花♥公♥子♥
he's become an insufferable dandy,
更别说风流了
not to mention a rake.
传闻说 他因为赌博和寻花问柳
Rumor has it he's in an obscene amount of debt
被掏空了家产
after losing his fortune to gambling
还欠下很大一笔债
and in houses of ill repute.
他朝我们走过来了
Well, he's coming towards us.
朝你
Towards you.
但或许我能帮你引开他
But perhaps I can distract him for you.
剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表