剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表
你说得对 说得对 - 你本末倒置了
You're right. You're right. - You lost focus,
而且你忘记了最重要的事
and you forgot what's the most important thing.
人的生命
Human life.
你觉得我们再找一个婴儿怎么样
What do you think if we looking for another baby?
我觉得我们不得不放弃这个想法了
I think we just have to let this one go.
或许会有其他人喜欢呢
Maybe somebody else like it.
呃 也许吧
I, I mean, maybe.
我没办法百分之百地保证 你懂我意思吗
You know, I can't guarantee it 100%, you know what I mean?
Andy 你是个非常值得尊敬的商人
Andy, I respect you so much as a businessman,
但我觉得我们做人的方式不太一致
but I just don't think we see eye to eye as human beings.
好吧 祝你好运 孩子
Okay, good luck, kid.
好的
Okay.
祝你一切顺利 - 嗯 非常感谢你
Best of luck with everything. - Okay. Thank you very much.
对一家生意来说
For a business,
门前排长龙就是成功的象征
nothing says success like a line down the block.
对于洛杉矶的粉氏热狗店来说
And for L.A.'s Pink's Hot Dogs,
他们更是深谙此道
they've got that down pat.
但是尽管生意不错
But even though things are going well,
店主Gloria和Richard Pink
owners, Gloria and Richard Pink,
总是盼着能更上一层楼
are always looking to step things up.
做生意如逆水行舟 不进则退
Any business that isn't improving is falling behind.
没错 我们一直在想办法让我们的生意更红火
Yeah, we're always looking for ways to improve the business.
Pink夫妇显然对他们的品牌十分狂热
The Pinks were clearly crazy about their brand.
但是当我进行卧底观察时
But when I went undercover to scope things out,
我发现了一个很明显的问题
I discovered a glaring problem
在阻碍着他们赚更多的钱
that was keeping them from making even more money.
于是我去拜访了这对夫妇
So I paid the couple a visit
提供一个吸引新顾客群体的方法
with a way to attract a new type of customer.
我今天穿了件粉色的衬衫
I wore a pink shirt today
因为你们店叫粉氏热狗店
because your name is Pink's.
没错 好的
Right. Okay.
此时此刻 粉氏热狗店门口的长队
Right now, the huge line at Pink's
正在迫使一大批没有时间等待的顾客拂袖而去
is turning off a slew of customers that don't have time to wait.
但Richard和Gloria能够轻易地挽回那些销量
But Richard and Gloria would easily be able to capture those sales
仅需稍微改变一下规则
with a simple rule change:
如果你赶时间就可以插队
Line cutting allowed if you're in a hurry.
我不喜欢预判事情的后果
I hate to, like, prejudge it,
但是那些看到其他人占便宜的顾客
but customers that saw that someone else got an advantage
可能会不高兴
would probably be upset.
我想让你们知道
I want you guys to know that
我决心不惜一切代价捍卫你们的品牌
I'm determined to protect your brand at all costs.
好吧 那我们就拭目以待吧
All right, so let's see how you do that.
好的 - 好嘞
Okay. - Okay.
Pink夫妇同意让我在周五午餐高峰时段
The Pinks agreed to let me prove my idea to them
向他们证明点子的可行性
during the friday lunch rush.
所以第二天我在街道旁放了一个标志
So the next day I placed a sign near the street
来宣传新规则
advertising the new rule.
为了避免人人都说自己赶时间的混乱情况出现
To avoid chaos by everyone saying they were in a rush,
我列出了一张五个可接受理由的清单
I came up with a list of five acceptable reasons
允许人们插到队伍最前面
for cutting to the front of the line:
包括医生预约 工作面试 接孩子放学 出席葬礼
doctor's appointment, job interview, picking up kid from school, funeral
或者你是一个上班要迟到的航♥空♥调度员
or if you're an air traffic controller that's late for work.
新的规则似乎非常吸引开车路过的顾客
The new policy seemed to be attracting customers who were driving by
虽然他们大多数并不满足插队的条件
even though most of them didn't qualify for line cutting.
呃 不满足
Uh, no.
但你不是航♥空♥调度员
But you're not an air traffic controller.
但还是有几个人真的急着去其他地方
But there were several people with legitimate places to be.
你今天预约了医生吗
You have a doctor's appointment today?
没错 - 你的医生是谁
Yes. - And who's your doctor?
Pia医生 - Pia医生
Dr. Pia. - Dr. Pia?
Pia医生的办公室
Dr. Pia's office.
你好 我打电♥话♥是为了确认一下预约
Hi, I'm calling to confirm an appointment for...
Jason - Jason
Jason. - Jason...
Wolf - Wolf
Wolf. - Wolf.
没错 今天五点半有Jason的预约
Yeah, we have Jason coming in at 5:30.
很好 好嘞 非常感谢
Great. Okay, thank you so much.
一旦我证实了他们的理由
And once I was able to confirm their reason...
他需要插一下队 他预约了医生
He has to cut in line. He has a doctor's appointment.
可以吗 - 可以啊 没事
Is that okay? - Yeah, that's okay.
谢谢
Okay.
顾客就能插到队伍的最前面
customers could cut to the front of the line
并且没人会因此生气
without anyone getting angry.
随着时间的流逝 这个办法的效果似乎非常不错
As the day went on, the system seemed to be working great.
你要去参加葬礼吗 - 是的
You are going to a funeral? - Yeah.
真的吗 - 是啊
Really? - Uh-huh.
给谁办的葬礼 - Connie Mendel
Who's the funeral for? - Connie Mendel.
我的一个朋友
A friend of mine.
节哀顺变 - 没关系 没关系
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. - It's okay. It's okay.
但随着午餐高峰接近尾声
But as the lunch rush was winding down,
眼前一幕令我心生疑虑
I saw something that disturbed me.
我不久前遇到的一位顾客称自己赶时间
One customer that I met earlier said he was in a hurry,
我预约了医生 我忘记了
I have a doctor's appointment. I forgot.
你今天预约了医生吗 - 是的
You have a doctor's appointment today? - Yes.
没错 - 是真的吗
Mm-hmm. - You really do?
但当我想确认一下时
but when I tried to confirm it
他却什么信息都无法提供
he couldn't give me any information.
你医生的号♥码是 - 我没有他的号♥码
What's your doctor's number or... - I don't have his number.
我没把他号♥码带出来 我们只是约了三点见面
I just-- I don't have it with me. I just have to go at 3:00.
我姑且相信了他
Giving him the benefit of the doubt,
并让他插到了队伍前面
I allowed him to cut to the front.
但现在 45分钟过去了
But now, 45 minutes later,
他还坐在那儿 不紧不慢的
He was still sitting there taking his time.
于是我开始怀疑
And I began to suspect
他根本就没有预约医生
that he didn't have a doctor's appointment at all.
所以我让一个摄影师偷偷跟踪到他上车
So I told one of my cameramen to secretly follow him to his car
一旦他开车离开
and once he drove off,
我便紧随其后
I followed in close pursuit
看看他说的是不是实话
to see if he was telling the truth.
这个点见医生该迟到了吧 不是吗
A bit late for the doctor by now, aren't we?
尾随了他三十分钟后
After 30 minutes of tailing him,
一个弥天大谎终于现身了
he led us straight into a lie.
他根本没有去看医生
He wasn't going to the doctor.
而是去看了一场电影
He was seeing a movie instead,
这可不属于我列出的插队理由
an excuse that wasn't on my list.
这对粉氏热狗的招牌而言无疑是一记响亮的耳光
It was an unbelievable slap in the face to the Pink's name.
所以那天晚上 我回到了餐厅
So that evening, I returned to the restaurant
询问Gloria想如何处理这件事情
to see how Gloria wanted to handle this.
所以他 他插了队
So he-- he cut in line,
取了餐 然后呢
got his food, and then later?
他却去看了电影 - 这样啊
He went to see a movie. - Ah.
我觉得如果你不对此做出回应
You know, I think if you don't do something to respond,
可能导致你们的品牌显得很软弱
It could make you, as a brand, look weak.
这个嘛
Well...
如果你允许的话 我想把那个家伙带上船
So with your permission, I'd like to take this guy on a boat,
一旦他被困在海上
and then once he's trapped at sea,
我就给他一次让他永生难忘的教训
teach him a lesson he'll never forget.
喔哦 喔哦
Whoa. Whoa.
这有点太过了吧
That's pretty harsh.
在和Gloria聊完后
After my conversation with Gloria,
Richard把我送了出去
Richard escorted me out
并说粉氏热狗店不再需要我的帮助
and said that he no longer wanted my help at Pink's.
但只要我对一家生意许下承诺
But when I make a promise to a business...
我决心不惜一切代价捍卫你们的品牌
I'm determined to protect your brand at all costs.
我就一定会遵守
I always keep it.
这就意味着我要靠自己让这个人明白
And that meant I had to show this guy on my own
招惹粉氏热狗店会是什么下场
what happens when you mess with Pink's.
所以通过拨♥打♥他出镜授权协议里的号♥码
So using the number from his appearance release,
我告诉Jonathan我是从粉氏总店联♥系♥他的
I told Jonathan I was calling from the Pink's head office
并有个好消息要告诉他
with some exciting news.
你 我的朋友
You, my friend,
剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表