剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表
今晚 咖啡行业正悄然酝酿一场争议
A coffee controversy is brewing tonight.
洛斯菲利斯区一家新店起名叫"愚蠢星巴克"
A new shop in Los Feliz is calling itself "Dumb Starbucks".
愚蠢星巴克
Dumb Starbucks.
愚蠢星巴克
Dumb Starbucks.
愚蠢星巴克
Dumb Starbucks.
愚蠢星巴克
Dumb Starbucks.
愚蠢星巴克
Dumb Starbucks.
愚蠢星巴克
Dumb Starbucks.
愚蠢
Dumb...
愚蠢星巴克
Dumb Starbucks.
这家店的起源和店主仍是个谜团
Its origin and owner are a mystery.
我叫Nathan Fielder
My name is Nathan Fielder,
毕业于加拿大最顶尖的商学院之一
and I graduated from one of Canada's top business schools
并且成绩优异
with really good grades.
如今 我运用我的学识
Now I'm using my knowledge
来帮助挣扎求生的小企业主
to help struggling small business owners
在这个竞争激烈的世界里获得成功
make it in this competitive world.
这
This...
就是救援高手
is Nathan for you.
Elias Zacklin是太阳咖啡店的店主
Elias Zacklin is the owner of Helio Café,
一家位于加州东好莱坞的小咖啡店
a small coffee shop in East Hollywood, California.
他为自己与众不同的经营方式而感到自豪
And he prides himself on doing things a little bit different.
店里的环境不拘一格
The atmosphere's very eclectic.
你不是一走进来就
You don't walk in and--
事实上 我的店里甚至没有菜单
Actually, there's even--not even a menu in my shop.
我是有意这样做的
And that's been done purposefully.
但世界上有家公♥司♥几乎已经将咖啡体验做到了完美
But in a world where one company has practically perfected the coffee experience,
逆势而行导致Elias的店里空无一人
going against the grain has caused Elias' shop to be empty.
于是我去拜访了他
So I paid him a visit
以传授一个让他终于能和大公♥司♥竞争的妙招
with a way for him to finally compete with the big players.
你的问题在于 虽然你的咖啡很棒
The problem with you is you have great coffee
但没人知道这个地方是什么
but just no one knows what this place is.
对 - 没人
Correct. - No one--
你还没有建立为人熟知的品牌
You don't have a brand that people recognize.
没错
Absolutely.
但也许有一个捷径能获得品牌认知度
But maybe there's a shortcut to actually having brand recognition,
要用到一个叫做戏仿法的东西
using a little something called parody law.
戏仿法
Parody law.
使用者包括怪异艾尔·扬科维奇那样的艺术家
Often used by artists like "Weird al" Yankovic
还有<周六夜现场>那样的节目
and shows like Saturday Night Live,
戏仿法允许你使用商标和受版权保护的材料
parody law allows you to use trademarks and copyrighted material
只要你是用来开玩笑就行
as long as you're making fun of them.
所以如果Elias能找到一种方法拿星巴克开涮
So if Elias could find a way to make fun of Starbucks,
他就能毫无顾虑地将他们值钱的企业名称和商标挪为己用
he'd be free and clear to borrow their valuable corporate name and image for his store.
计划是 将太阳咖啡店改造成世界上第一家恶搞星巴克
The plan: turn the Helio Café into the world's first parody Starbucks.
那该怎么去戏仿而不至于
So how do you make that a parody without it--
显得只是在模仿他们的品牌
You just not mimicking their brand?
比如 咖啡可以有"愚蠢大杯" "愚蠢超大杯"
Like, the coffees could be "Dumb Grande", "Dumb Venti"...
噢 我懂了 - "愚蠢星冰乐"
Yeah, I got you. - "Dumb Frappuccino".
懂了 好吧
Gotcha. Okay.
总的来说 店名就可以干脆叫做"愚蠢星巴克"
I mean, as a whole, the store could just be called "Dumb Starbucks".
没错 那真是
Right. That's--
好吧 我知道你的意思了 嗯
Okay, I see what you're saying. Right.
但"愚蠢"两个字可以印得小一点
But the "Dumb" could be small
客人会以为是真的星巴克而光顾
so people could come in thinking it's an actual Starbucks.
哈 挺聪明的 我只是不确定人们是否能理解 你懂吧
Huh. It's smart, I just don't know if people would get it. You know.
我不知道人们是否 就是
I don't know if people are, you know...
那人们理解你现在在做什么吗
Well, do people get what you're doing now?
你的店没那么受欢迎 - 是啊
You're not that popular. - Right.
你连菜单都没有 - 是这样的
You have no menu. - That's true.
我是说 你就试一试能失去什么呢
I mean, what do you have to lose by trying?
呃 我会失去什么呢
I mean, what do I have to lose?
我 事实上我也不知道
I... I don't know actually.
Elias同意了 但他还有一件很担心的事
Elias was on board, but he did have one major concern.
星巴克要是起诉的话我可绝对负担不起
I definitely could not afford a lawsuit from Starbucks.
绝对负担不起
Definitely not.
基于我从维♥基♥百♥科♥上了解到的
Based off what I read on Wikipedia,
我的方法似乎是合法的
it seemed like my approach was legal.
但为了保险起见
But just to be sure,
我继续聘请并咨♥询♥了Peter J. Marx律师
I retained the services of attorney Peter J. Marx
以确保法律是站在我们这一边的
to guarantee we were protected.
"愚蠢星巴克"吗
"Dumb Starbucks"?
但"愚蠢"两字会比较小
But the "Dumb" would be smaller
所以人们仍然会认为这是家星巴克
so people would still think it's a Starbucks.
如果人们认为那是星巴克 你就有麻烦了
If people think it's a Starbucks, you've got a problem.
那样就不属于戏仿的范畴了
It's not really a parody then.
显然 我的法律依据并不如我想的那样坚实
Apparently, my legal footing wasn't as solid as I thought.
但随后Peter提出了一个挽救措施
But then Peter brought up one way I could cover myself.
假设你是一个著名的 呃
Let's say you had a reputation as being a--
呃
Yeah.
一个有大量戏仿经历的人
Someone who does lots of parody.
那人们自然会知道 噢 他只是在戏弄星巴克
Then they know, oh, he's just making fun of Starbucks,
因为他经常干这种事
because this is what he does.
那么我得成为一个戏仿艺术家喽
So I have to become a parody artist.
试试又不会怎样
It wouldn't hurt.
看起来我还有一些准备工作要做
It seemed like I still had some work ahead of me.
但离开前 我得确保我是受保护的
But before leaving, I needed to be sure I was protected.
那如果我做了这些事 星巴克就不能起诉我了吧
So if I do all this, then Starbucks can't sue me?
这里可是美国
This is America.
人们碰到屁大点事都会起诉
People file lawsuits at the drop of a hat.
但如果他们起诉了 你也有一定责任吧
But if they sue, you're liable too, right?
谁有责任 - 你
Who's liable? - You.
我个人吗 - 对啊
Me personally? - Yeah.
除非我卷入到 侵害
Not unless I'm involved in--in viola--
侵占他们商标的行为中 否则没有
in infringing their trademark, no.
但你之前签的出镜协议中有一条说
Yeah, the appearance release you signed before had a clause
如果星巴克起诉的话 你也会承担相应责任
that you would be liable too, if Starbucks sued.
我完全没同意这个条款
I don't agree to this at all.
我没同意承担法律诉讼的所有费用和赔偿金
I do not agree to pay all legal fees and damages from legal action
因为我无权控制播出内容啊
because I have no control over what's being released.
那你为什么要签字呢
Well, why did you sign that, then?
是 我是签了
Yeah, I signed it.
我签了是因为我没机会审阅 而且我以为
And I signed it because I didn't have a chance to read it and I thought--
但你是个律师 你签文件之前不先审阅吗
But you're a lawyer. Don't you read things before you sign them?
我通常会看啊
I do read things--
我是想要读的 但你让我快点拍
I try to read things but you wanted me to shoot
我就瞥了一眼 我承认这是我的疏忽
and I glanced at it and this was my mistake. I'll acknowledge that.
好吧 你已经签了 你现在可以还给我了
Okay. Well, you signed it so I guess you can give that back.
嗯 我是不会还给你的 因为我要
Well, I-I'm not gonna give it back because I'm going to--
我只是递给你看看 但你已经
Well, I handed it to you just to look over, but you already--
不 我是不会把它还给你的
No, I'm not gonna give it back to you.
坦白说吧 我在保护我自己还有你免受诉讼之苦
I'm protecting myself and, frankly, you from a nightmare.
但你已经签过字了
Well, you signed it.
我们用摄像机拍到了全过程
We have you on camera signing it.
所以这在法庭上仍然有效
So it still holds up in court.
你才没有用摄像机拍下来
You don't have me on camera signing it.
我们拍了
Yes, we do.
我算哪门子律师啊 签还没读过的鬼文件
What kind of lawyer am I? Signing sh*t I haven't read.
拍了就拍了呗 那你 那你就知道这些条款
Well, if you do, that's fine then you--then you'll know how the terms--
我要把它放进口袋里
I'm gonna put it in my pocket.
不 别把它放你口袋里
Well, no, we don't want it in your pocket.
我 就放在我口袋里吧
I--we do want it in my pocket.
拜托 拜托 你在我办公室里
Please. Please, you're in my office.
我是认真的
I'm very serious.
我不知道你是否真的只是为了节目效果而这样做
And I don't know if you're really trying to do this just for the show,
但我希望你从我办公桌上下去 并离开我的办公室
but I'd like you to get off my desk and I'm gonna ask you to leave the office.
Peter试图违背他签过的协议令我很失望
I was disappointed that Peter was trying to back out of the deal he signed,
但我们的制♥作♥人最终还是让他冷静了下来以继续拍摄
but our producers were eventually able to calm him down enough to keep shooting.
他们刚说他们要补拍一下这份文件的镜头
They just said they need to get a shot of the--an insert of the document.
就一个镜头
Like a shot of it.
剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表